Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Wisconsin Fall Club team

Go down 
+14
DwinsChamps
Jack
zack attack 12
bigpattyboy36
tidbits
TaylorHaney22
Nate
Jaron
relicdavis
MUHS #30
squidney
Guru
thedamnedfan
Photoguy!
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
thedamnedfan
All-Conference
All-Conference
thedamnedfan

Number of posts : 799
Registration date : 2007-05-11

Wisconsin Fall Club team - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wisconsin Fall Club team   Wisconsin Fall Club team - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 24, 2007 5:05 pm

So whats the league or conference break down for teams in the Milwaukee or Wisconsin area?
Back to top Go down
bigpattyboy36
All-Conference
All-Conference
bigpattyboy36

Number of posts : 579
Registration date : 2007-05-12

PostSubject: Re: Wisconsin Fall Club team   Wisconsin Fall Club team - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 24, 2007 7:34 pm

Over time i could forsee quite a few of the teams in the GLLL joining up with the UMLL, I think that Madison is ready, but i'm not sure about the rest of the league--not too familiar with the rest of the UW system.
Back to top Go down
DwinsChamps
Varsity
Varsity
DwinsChamps

Number of posts : 335
Registration date : 2007-05-14

PostSubject: Re: Wisconsin Fall Club team   Wisconsin Fall Club team - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 24, 2007 8:45 pm

Whitewater_Lacrosse wrote:
Milwaukee played a flawless game versus Whitewater and stomped us. We are no worse than we were last year and I recall us beating Eau Claire "in the spring." MCLA teams are not all high and mighty for paying 2k a year to play. You can be just as good in the GLLL and pay less than a tenth of the price. Milwaukee would very easily be 3rd in UMLL-B division, and only that low because St Thomas and St Johns are consistent national contenders.

You're right, Eau Claire (where it costs $1700 less to play than you quoted) played in an exhibition tournament after our spring season ended and lost to a few GLLL teams, including the same UW-L squad that we beat 19-0 a few weeks earlier. We only sent the players who wanted to waste their spring break, which meant a third of our team and five players from our top two lines, with no coach.

I'm quite familiar with the GLLL. Trust me, my boy, Milwaukee would struggle to take 6th in our 8-team conference. We'd still love you to join. It is the UMLL's goal to add as many qualified teams as possible.
Back to top Go down
bigpattyboy36
All-Conference
All-Conference
bigpattyboy36

Number of posts : 579

PostSubject: Re: Wisconsin Fall Club team   Wisconsin Fall Club team - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 25, 2007 11:26 am

DwinsChamps wrote:
Whitewater_Lacrosse wrote:
Milwaukee played a flawless game versus Whitewater and stomped us. We are no worse than we were last year and I recall us beating Eau Claire "in the spring." MCLA teams are not all high and mighty for paying 2k a year to play. You can be just as good in the GLLL and pay less than a tenth of the price. Milwaukee would very easily be 3rd in UMLL-B division, and only that low because St Thomas and St Johns are consistent national contenders.

You're right, Eau Claire (where it costs $1700 less to play than you quoted) played in an exhibition tournament after our spring season ended and lost to a few GLLL teams, including the same UW-L squad that we beat 19-0 a few weeks earlier. We only sent the players who wanted to waste their spring break, which meant a third of our team and five players from our top two lines, with no coach.

I'm quite familiar with the GLLL. Trust me, my boy, Milwaukee would struggle to take 6th in our 8-team conference. We'd still love you to join. It is the UMLL's goal to add as many qualified teams as possible.

yeah, you're price quote is innaccurate on MU's balance as well, you're off by 1200 dollars there bud. but teams like minnesota and duluth are in the 2500-3500 range.... i cant imagine what teams like Michigan and BYU pay.
Back to top Go down
Jaron
Admin
Jaron

Number of posts : 480

PostSubject: Re: Wisconsin Fall Club team   Wisconsin Fall Club team - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 25, 2007 2:50 pm

Actually Michigan is Club Varsity status. The University gives
them about $50,000 a year for travel, equipment and that stuff.
They probably pay the least of any MCLA team in the country.
Back to top Go down
Coach_Goldberg
Freshman
Freshman
Coach_Goldberg

Number of posts : 74

PostSubject: Re: Wisconsin Fall Club team   Wisconsin Fall Club team - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 25, 2007 6:05 pm

When quoting prices, you should clarify if that is per player that is paid to a team, or a total that the team pays to the league.
Back to top Go down
thedamnedfan
All-Conference
All-Conference
thedamnedfan

Number of posts : 799

PostSubject: Re: Wisconsin Fall Club team   Wisconsin Fall Club team - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 25, 2007 11:51 pm

Rockhurst gets club money from the university, we basically pay for travel and lodge and thats about it, well equipment and apparel if we desire.
Back to top Go down
DwinsChamps
Varsity
Varsity
DwinsChamps

PostSubject: Re: Wisconsin Fall Club team   Wisconsin Fall Club team - Page 3 EmptyWed Sep 26, 2007 12:19 pm

Jaron wrote:
Actually Michigan is Club Varsity status. The University gives
them about $50,000 a year for travel, equipment and that stuff.
They probably pay the least of any MCLA team in the country.

Nope, the players still pay hefty dues. At Duluth the team receives about $60k annually from the university and alumni, and players still pay rougly $2k a year to play. The operating annual budgets of the top MCLA teams is over $100 grand.
Back to top Go down
s1erra 7i2
Rookie
Rookie
s1erra 7i2

Number of posts : 44
Registration date : 2007-05-13

PostSubject: Re: Wisconsin Fall Club team   Wisconsin Fall Club team - Page 3 EmptyWed Sep 26, 2007 1:59 pm

wow, We haven't paid team dues here in stout for two years.

We buy everything ourselves though, but Stout pays for us to play in tournaments and everything.

We also have to drive ourselves anywhere we go.
Back to top Go down
mikeymo1923
Rookie
Rookie
mikeymo1923

Number of posts : 40

PostSubject: Re: Wisconsin Fall Club team   Wisconsin Fall Club team - Page 3 EmptyThu Sep 27, 2007 1:08 am

It is the same way in Eau Claire. We pay dues, we travel in our own cars, figure out the hotels. Still we don't really make a big deal about it. We go out and beat teams and have fun. It would be nice to not have to pay but you have to give up things sometimes. At least we get to play on a nice field for our home games.
Back to top Go down
http://www.uwec.edu/menslax
DwinsChamps
Varsity
Varsity
DwinsChamps

PostSubject: Re: Wisconsin Fall Club team   Wisconsin Fall Club team - Page 3 EmptyThu Sep 27, 2007 10:49 am

And we get to play for a national championship, as opposed to the GLLL conference tournament.
Back to top Go down
Jaron
Admin
Jaron

Number of posts : 480

PostSubject: Re: Wisconsin Fall Club team   Wisconsin Fall Club team - Page 3 EmptyThu Sep 27, 2007 12:27 pm

Our annual budget likely exceeds 100k a year as well. We get a pretty hefty amount from the University considering we dont have to pay for anything, which includes:

All equipment
Practice equipment (jerseys, shorts, under armour)
Sweats
Apparel
Travel expenses on the road (food, hotels, bus)

We dont really have to pay for anything. We do some really good fundraising though which helps a lot.

Top MCLA teams probably expense as much money as we do.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wisconsin Fall Club team   Wisconsin Fall Club team - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Wisconsin Fall Club team
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3