HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Expansion of WLF

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
The Butt

PostSubject: Re: Expansion of WLF   Mon Jul 30, 2007 1:50 pm

It's not pessimism to suggest having them separate to start, and then merge them as I suggested previously. The more established a forum gets with consistent members, the less flaming there is because those consistent members resist the flamers. You guys made a good thing, don't be so quick to make changes, it's good to grow, but don't be impatient with it.
Back to top Go down
relicdavis
Varsity
Varsity

Number of posts : 404
Registration date : 2007-06-30

PostSubject: Re: Expansion of WLF   Mon Jul 30, 2007 2:27 pm

What i do for lan party forums is i do all the regular topic areas then on the way bottom i do a rant topic where kids can say w.e. as long as it is appropriate.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.JanesvilleLacrosse.com
DwinsChamps
Varsity
Varsity

Number of posts : 335
Registration date : 2007-05-14

PostSubject: Re: Expansion of WLF   Mon Jul 30, 2007 3:24 pm

The Butters wrote:
You guys made a good thing, don't be so quick to make changes, it's good to grow, but don't be impatient with it.

Well said.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RiDE
Varsity
Varsity

Number of posts : 448
Registration date : 2007-05-11

PostSubject: Re: Expansion of WLF   Tue Jul 31, 2007 10:55 am

i thought of the expansion as doing our part to assist and speed the growth of lacrosse in the midwest, but i do think it will hcange the atmosphere here when everyone doesnt know each other. also its easier to flame someone when you know you will never see them, as apposed to teh guy who plays in the town next to yours, who you'll be playing against in season and possibly indoor and fallball.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bigpattyboy36
All-Conference
All-Conference

Number of posts : 579
Registration date : 2007-05-12

PostSubject: Re: Expansion of WLF   Tue Jul 31, 2007 7:07 pm

DwinsChamps wrote:
The Butters wrote:
You guys made a good thing, don't be so quick to make changes, it's good to grow, but don't be impatient with it.

Well said.

i'm right with you two guys on this, i think we need to see a bit more growth here on the forum and in Wisconsin Lacrosse in General. I'm here at the camp at Whitewater and i can tell you that there are plenty of people out here who love the game, it's enough evidence for me to be assured that the game is growing and that it will continue to grow.

whatever the moderators decide to do, i will support, but i really like the idea of having this forum to us wisconsin kids for at least a little while longer.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
zack attack 12
JV
JV

Number of posts : 105
Registration date : 2007-05-13

PostSubject: Re: Expansion of WLF   Tue Jul 31, 2007 9:58 pm

personally jack and jaron, i like the idea, there are a few guys from out of state that people may come in contact with through lacrosse ex(gllc:norther illinois etc) another thing i would like to say is how great would it be to have more topics, i mean look right now we have the same kind of kids ranting about same shit no offense, but i can check this forum once a week and not miss much because there are rarely new expanded topics, though it is nice ot have a place to come for just WI it will be better in the long run to establish WI as a lacrosse state, afterall, the game was created here. By getting our state out there, and establishing connections that typical "you play lacrosse in wisconsin" kind of mentality may begin to disapear, as well as it may add a gateway for kids from wisconsin to get connections with coaches, kind of like what Jaron does with fonteboone. Other than that, what do we have to lose, there will still be the "wisconsin no haters" thread(which i demand it be named in spite of TLF) so discussion amongst our cliche' so to say may continue, getting other peoples opinions as far as sticks,coaching, recruitment, PICKUP GAMES, NON CONFRENCE GAMES and such will not be such a bad thing...change may be scary but take the jump, the fall is worth the risk, just remember if it doesn't work out i believe we have the opportunity to go back to how it is currently plus i want a Midwestlacrosse e-mail haha and a mod spot Laughing haha
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DwinsChamps
Varsity
Varsity

Number of posts : 335
Registration date : 2007-05-14

PostSubject: Re: Expansion of WLF   Wed Aug 01, 2007 12:10 am

I'm sure there will be more traffic on the forum when the season picks up; Illinois kids don't have much to say these days, either.

"Fonteboone." No
Back to top Go down
View user profile
thedamnedfan
All-Conference
All-Conference

Number of posts : 799

PostSubject: Re: Expansion of WLF   Wed Aug 01, 2007 12:29 am

I am sure that there could be some good Missouri talk as well, it seems pretty easy to get word out around the KC area if you have Facebook. Tons of lacrosse players here have them, but they lack a main site like MALA supports with Madlax... this could help communication among other communities easier as well. Seeing how alot of communication came about here on tourneys, pickup games and what not, why not help provide for the area here too. If not... oh well. Maybe I can make a MILF Missouri/ Illinois Lacrosse Forum) ... Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RiDE
Varsity
Varsity

Number of posts : 448

PostSubject: Re: Expansion of WLF   Wed Aug 01, 2007 11:29 am

i agree with butters. so far weve accomplished the goal of starting this forum. why not just suggest it to the illinois guys to make a Illinois version of WLF?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jack
Admin

Number of posts : 741

PostSubject: Re: Expansion of WLF   Wed Aug 01, 2007 1:07 pm

DwinsChamps wrote:
I'm sure there will be more traffic on the forum when the season picks up; Illinois kids don't have much to say these days, either.

"Fonteboone." No

ur prolly right about the traffic thing,

and i call it font-uh-bonet its more cultured.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.wisconsinlax.aforumfree.com
thedamnedfan
All-Conference
All-Conference

PostSubject: Re: Expansion of WLF   Wed Aug 01, 2007 3:07 pm

Really... we just need kids on teams to spread a more solid word about it... getting a more legit host would also benefit. So its not theis aforumfree... instead it just being something like www.wisconsinlax.com and be more legit.

Then again, if you open up traffic to other states it may tear apart the strong Wisconsin community.

And like we've seen when people can intrude on us, like on TLF, its usually nothing constructive... its more like "Wisconsin has lacrosse, I bet our freshmen team could beat your best varsity team."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
relicdavis
Varsity
Varsity

PostSubject: Re: Expansion of WLF   Wed Aug 01, 2007 4:01 pm

Well if they upgrade the site i can take care of that. I still have web space that i am not using.
Back to top Go down
thedamnedfan
All-Conference
All-Conference

PostSubject: Re: Expansion of WLF   Wed Aug 01, 2007 4:29 pm

But you only have it for 8 months... and Im sure that Jack or Jaron would rather have control over it.

For the size of the forum as it is now... im sure we could get away with a small package and have a quite small and simple web base. A main site listing information and what not about the forums and then have alink to the forums. Ive done alot of web designing and coding so I could easily help out there.

But I am sure that some local lacrosse affiliates would be more than willing to dish out a little money to have advertisements on the forums or main site... such as Keva Sports, Lacrosse America, Middleton Fitness, the one work out place by Keva. Getting small dollars from them a month for advertising wouldnt hurt at all for them and would most likely pay for the money for funding the entire site easily.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jaron
Admin

Number of posts : 480

PostSubject: Re: Expansion of WLF   Wed Aug 01, 2007 8:13 pm

You guys have to understand. Im a college student, not a middle aged man. If we want to buy a web name, then that means I have to put my money into it, and honestly its not worth doing with 100 members.

We can either:

A) Continue spreading our forum in Wisconsin, by people telling teammates and encouraging to join.

B) Spread to other area's where its gauranteed kids will join and cause numbers to grow. And after a week of working with Illinois and Wisconsin kids at the same camp, watching them all get along fine, and have a great time..I think alot of you guys take the whole Illinois-Wisconsin hate thing a little too far.

If a kid wants to come on here and say you suck, fine hes banned and no more of that. Kids from Wisconsin are just as capable. It has already happened before...

Back to top Go down
View user profile
relicdavis
Varsity
Varsity

PostSubject: Re: Expansion of WLF   Wed Aug 01, 2007 9:04 pm

I agree with you Jaron, i plan on going to college at U of I. I also date a chick from Illinois. I would go with B, but also keep encouraging teammates, parents, and coaches to join.
Back to top Go down
zack attack 12
JV
JV

PostSubject: Re: Expansion of WLF   Thu Aug 02, 2007 12:01 am

i have been meaning to post all day, as far as previous retorts go
one: if jaron and jack join an army sign me up i don't really have anything better to do, sides taking over the interenet sounds like a fun learning experience that my parents will approve of... Very Happy

seriously though, i feel there is nothing to lose here. By joing the currently adjoining states, the game can progress that much more. The whole point of leaving TLF as i see it was due to mods. I was unaware it was so WI people would have a place to talk strictly about wisconsin. furthermore, it will still have that wisconsin base, it will have a base point for every state as it has been mentioned. Another kid tried to do this when he got upset with the shit the mods were doing, and he went a little too big too fast idk how his website is doing, but im sure not so great, making a midwest forum is a great idea to add both topics. add people, and also to create gateways for people. if i want to see how illinois is compared to WI i can go read and check out the IL forum, doesn't mean i will check it everyday and I am sure vice versa. Remember guys there is such thing as ban as well as protest, which will A weed out the bad seeds, B allow us to ban all IL, MN, IA, MS, and KS people if wanted, C allow for the creation of another WLF in protest of the outrage jack and jaron have done by creating a midwest forum and my favorite, option B to take over the web down the middle of the country dividing the east from the west coast slowly we grow to colorado and gain the support of the west so we rival and double the size of the east from there we must split the east coast in half and concentrate on the southern half gaining more support, soon our midwest forum will be great enough to take over the northern eastcoasters and finally prove wisconsin is number one...upon this jack and jaron will have their power, and butters will have more to whine about in all i will go along with Homer Simpson and i quote "peeew peeew peew...USA USA USA"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
zack attack 12
JV
JV

PostSubject: Re: Expansion of WLF   Thu Aug 02, 2007 12:05 am

that got intense ^ anyways forgot to mention: this is what we want, a TLF Styled site where wisconsin kids could talk free of stupid mods...no offense jace but this is what we are becoming a mini midwest TLF where the mods are from wisconsin, so we will not be biased and will once again dominate TLF like wisconsin no haters did, however this time we will have our people on the inside allowing us to flourish rather than east coasters jealous that wisconsinites have more to say about the game.....end of story, i don't post often, but i read almost everything put on this website, i save my opinions for when they really matter.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
northshorelax37
Freshman
Freshman

Number of posts : 68
Registration date : 2007-05-12

PostSubject: Re: Expansion of WLF   Thu Aug 02, 2007 1:56 am

zach, i couldnt have said it better myself. personally, i think adding illinois kids n eventually the midwest could help this all out a lot as long as we dont get the retards comin here that only care about flamming each other. if we can get a mutual respect for all states in the midwest, then we could all get stronger n hopefully take over the east. my only concern would be the flamming but hopefully that crap never happens. just my 2 cents
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Expansion of WLF   

Back to top Go down

Expansion of WLF
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2