Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

MALA splitting?

Go down 
+8
St. Michael
bigpattyboy36
relicdavis
Coach_Goldberg
Jack
tidbits
thedamnedfan
TaylorHaney22
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Butters
Varsity
Varsity

Number of posts : 352
Registration date : 2007-09-15

MALA splitting? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MALA splitting?   MALA splitting? - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 09, 2007 12:31 am

I think the playing each team in your division twice is a bit unfair for those in the division with 6 teams. Why should they have to play 10 conference games while the other division only plays 8? If they're going to do it that way then the inter-division games have to count to make equal number of games. Otherwise there will just be controversy come playoff bracket time.
Back to top Go down
thedamnedfan
All-Conference
All-Conference
thedamnedfan

Number of posts : 799
Registration date : 2007-05-11

PostSubject: Re: MALA splitting?   MALA splitting? - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 09, 2007 2:12 am

Nate, about Stoughton and Oregon merging now, its a whole different scenario. Back then there was a whole different group of kids that didnt see it working, now Oregon is in the position where they are struggling to keep feet, compared to Stoughton who is growing. Im not sure if it will work or not, but what ever happens, happens.

As for the playing so many division teams, im sure it will be worked out fair, plus, I hope coaches go ahead and try to scheduel out of division games just to get a better variety as in the past. I would say playing each team once, and division teams twice would be nice. Giving each team 15-16 games a season, also leaves way for cancelations that each team will still have plenty of games under their belt.
Back to top Go down
Nate
All-Conference
All-Conference
Nate

Number of posts : 570
Registration date : 2007-05-12

PostSubject: Re: MALA splitting?   MALA splitting? - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 09, 2007 11:22 am

Like stated earlier, if Oregon does come to Stoughton there will be a slot open for one of the teams to move down to our division. And that will make the things fair.

I like the byes though because our coach is going to be talking to teams in Minnesota, Chicago, Milwaukee, and Green Bay setting up games. Weather we lose or not, it will be a great expierance playing teams in Minnesota and Chicago.
Back to top Go down
http://www.stoughtonlacrosse.com
thedamnedfan
All-Conference
All-Conference
thedamnedfan

Number of posts : 799

PostSubject: Re: MALA splitting?   MALA splitting? - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 09, 2007 2:23 pm

Just make sure Dave looks into the MN teams history, woudnt want you guys getting walked on by AHA or someone like that.
Back to top Go down
Nate
All-Conference
All-Conference
Nate

Number of posts : 570
Registration date : 2007-05-12

PostSubject: Re: MALA splitting?   MALA splitting? - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 09, 2007 9:39 pm

I'd love to play against AHA.. just the expierance man.
Back to top Go down
http://www.stoughtonlacrosse.com
RiDE
Varsity
Varsity
RiDE

Number of posts : 448

PostSubject: Re: MALA splitting?   MALA splitting? - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 16, 2007 4:20 pm

i agree, it would make us a stronger team also i think
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: MALA splitting?   MALA splitting? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

MALA splitting?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2