Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

How will the MAYLA play out?

Go down 
+14
kmlax26
mmhs089
Jack
Jaron
Butters
Nate
thedamnedfan
wiMiddie
krks34
gfields5
foxmotox643
bigpattyboy36
SiouxLax
Umich2KM
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Umich2KM
Freshman
Freshman
Umich2KM

Number of posts : 75
Registration date : 2008-02-17

How will the MAYLA play out? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: How will the MAYLA play out?   How will the MAYLA play out? - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 29, 2008 9:50 pm

upset? define upset? Marquett beating arrowhead? KM beating Marquette? i mean those could be considered upsets but... honestly other than Arrowhead, KM, Marquette, and Eastside who has a real chance at winning the conference? Northshore... not so much.... brookfield nope... USM... maybe in hockey and thats still a maybe, and Kenoshas gone and they never had a shot to begin with
Back to top Go down
wiMiddie
Freshman
Freshman

Number of posts : 59
Registration date : 2008-03-16

PostSubject: Re: How will the MAYLA play out?   How will the MAYLA play out? - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 29, 2008 10:16 pm

I just think Middleton and Sun Prairie are given far to much credit than they actually deserve, and they get extremely too cocky, and thats their biggest demise.
Back to top Go down
Umich2KM
Freshman
Freshman
Umich2KM

PostSubject: Re: How will the MAYLA play out?   How will the MAYLA play out? - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 29, 2008 10:24 pm

i thought you were talking about a team in southeast wisconsin hah, well Sun Prairie and Middleton have successful programs thus people are more willing to think that they will continue the traditions (as much traditions as u can have in terms of wisconsin LaCrosse) Its easier to think a middleton or a Sun Prairie will be at the top of the standings than it would be to say KM or Stoughton or any of the other up and coming programs. But to be honest I dont much about either team *ive never played either of them* but ive heard things, and i know they are successful programs, and I know about the quality that they possessed when they played Arrowhead... a team Ive played and am quite familiar with. But you say they are getting too much credit maybe so but who is going to surpass them?
Back to top Go down
wiMiddie
Freshman
Freshman

PostSubject: Re: How will the MAYLA play out?   How will the MAYLA play out? - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 30, 2008 12:33 am

My money is on Waunakee or maybe...maybe Stoughton, since their suposed to be so great this year
Back to top Go down
SiouxLax
All-Conference
All-Conference
SiouxLax

Number of posts : 830
Registration date : 2007-05-11

PostSubject: Re: How will the MAYLA play out?   How will the MAYLA play out? - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 30, 2008 12:53 am

Well since this thread is for the Milwaukee area you are right to assume he was talking about Milwaukee teams. Notice how it says "How will the MAYLA play out?"
Back to top Go down
http://www.undlacrosse.com
thedamnedfan
All-Conference
All-Conference
thedamnedfan

Number of posts : 799

PostSubject: Re: How will the MAYLA play out?   How will the MAYLA play out? - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 30, 2008 12:53 am

Im not sure about Stoughton, I would say they will contend alot better than last year.
Back to top Go down
Umich2KM
Freshman
Freshman
Umich2KM

PostSubject: Re: How will the MAYLA play out?   How will the MAYLA play out? - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 30, 2008 1:32 am

my question is why do people think stoughton will be good? Waunakee... Sun Prairie, and Mad. Laf i think are all better, what has Stoughton to make anyone think otherwise? So their indoor has gone well, great so their gonna win state then? USM's indoor team beat Arrowhead doesnt mean anything its indoor... like preseason football doesnt mean a thing... also is anyone other than stoughton players saying they will be half way decent? they could very well only one a handful of games this year... they have a tough schedual
Back to top Go down
SiouxLax
All-Conference
All-Conference
SiouxLax

PostSubject: Re: How will the MAYLA play out?   How will the MAYLA play out? - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 30, 2008 2:40 am

Who knows, but I think AHS has their first game in a week against Waunakee.
Back to top Go down
wiMiddie
Freshman
Freshman

PostSubject: Re: How will the MAYLA play out?   How will the MAYLA play out? - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 30, 2008 1:18 pm

Yes they do, at the AHS field for once, but who decided a Saturday? hah.
Back to top Go down
SiouxLax
All-Conference
All-Conference
SiouxLax

PostSubject: Re: How will the MAYLA play out?   How will the MAYLA play out? - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 30, 2008 4:19 pm

Coaches did I'm sure. I'm pissed I'm going to miss all the game's until mid May(that's when I get home from school). Let me know how it goes.
Back to top Go down
Nate
All-Conference
All-Conference
Nate

Number of posts : 570
Registration date : 2007-05-12

PostSubject: Re: How will the MAYLA play out?   How will the MAYLA play out? - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 30, 2008 5:07 pm

Umich2KM wrote:
my question is why do people think stoughton will be good? Waunakee... Sun Prairie, and Mad. Laf i think are all better, what has Stoughton to make anyone think otherwise? So their indoor has gone well, great so their gonna win state then? USM's indoor team beat Arrowhead doesnt mean anything its indoor... like preseason football doesnt mean a thing... also is anyone other than stoughton players saying they will be half way decent? they could very well only one a handful of games this year... they have a tough schedual

Nobody has ever said, "Oh wow, Stoughton is dominating in indoor. They are going to win state." When I said we have a chance at it this year, I specifically stated that nearly 3/4 of our team has had a stick in their hands all winter, have worked on their game and all that. Everybody has stepped up and honestly, we look pretty good so far. Think what you want
Back to top Go down
http://www.stoughtonlacrosse.com
Umich2KM
Freshman
Freshman
Umich2KM

PostSubject: Re: How will the MAYLA play out?   How will the MAYLA play out? - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 30, 2008 9:48 pm

... relating to stoughton, im sure they are better but their conf. is too strong for them to break through. Yes its possible but i dont see it, with Sun Prairie, Waunakee, and Madison Lafollette...
Look at their sched.
at Janesville
4/12 WAUSAU
4/13 LA FOLLETTE
4/17 VERONA
4/18 ARROWHEAD
4/19 BROOKFIELD
4/20 at Sun Prairie
4/24 at Waunakee
4/27 JANESVILLE
5/01 at La Follette
5/03 at Brookfield
5/08 SUN PRAIRIE
5/10 at Wausau
5/11 WAUNAKEE

they could very well only win... 4 games
Back to top Go down
Nate
All-Conference
All-Conference
Nate

PostSubject: Re: How will the MAYLA play out?   How will the MAYLA play out? - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 30, 2008 9:53 pm

You really think Madison Lafollette is a strong team? Have you seen them play? Better yet, have you even played them? It's cool to have an opinion and I respect it, but it's coming from a kid who has never seen us play, or even half the teams in our conference. But please explain to me how you think Madison Lafollette is a strong team?
Back to top Go down
Umich2KM
Freshman
Freshman
Umich2KM

PostSubject: Re: How will the MAYLA play out?   How will the MAYLA play out? - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 30, 2008 10:28 pm

I don't think they are that strong... I think Waunakee and Sun Prairie are above and beyound everyone in your conf. But with Stoughton along with Mad. Laf. ive been hearing good things, you guys beat them last year 4-3 *if i do recall something like that close i remember* and you guys did get better towards the end of the year like when you guys beat Mad. Memorial... but I still dont think you guys will make it to state or are anything amazing, but yes I you guys will be much more competitive and better from last year. I just think your sched. is too tough, Arrowhead, Waunakee, S.P., Middleton, and Wausau they will either beat you guys up or your team will start clicking and maybe make some noise in your conf tourny. Best of luck to you!
Back to top Go down
Nate
All-Conference
All-Conference
Nate

PostSubject: Re: How will the MAYLA play out?   How will the MAYLA play out? - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 30, 2008 10:39 pm

We're just going to have to see now aren't we. Thanks though.. best of luck to you guys too.
Back to top Go down
thedamnedfan
All-Conference
All-Conference
thedamnedfan

Number of posts : 799

PostSubject: Re: How will the MAYLA play out?   How will the MAYLA play out? - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 30, 2008 10:40 pm

I wouldnt go so far as saying above and beyond. End of the season last year, Stoughton ran with Sun Prairie, putting in the most goals on SP that they had seen all season, and were within 2-3 points the whole game until the last quarter. It's going to be tough for them, but I wouldnt say they are above and beyond. As far as Wanaukee, I don't know where they stand from last year, I would say that they are the team to beat this year, in 06 it was a different story, they moved way up, and if they continue, they could possibly dominate all around this year. And Lafollette, I think we beat them in conference as well as in Badger State, both by a handful of goals. They also lost some key players from last year.

But yeah, they have a tough scheduel compared to the 8 games last year, this year almost doubling the games they are playing, they just need to keep well conditioned, heads up and hearts in the game.

But Stoughton is an improvement from what they were last year. Seeing them practice over break made me a little jealous I wasnt around anymore.
Back to top Go down
Umich2KM
Freshman
Freshman
Umich2KM

PostSubject: Re: How will the MAYLA play out?   How will the MAYLA play out? - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 30, 2008 10:43 pm

No i know they have improved... but so have many other teams *more so for up and coming teams* but I think their sched. might be too tough, if they lose a lot of games early they might fall apart like some teams do... I dont know if thats the case, but at the end of the year if they are over 500 they could really make a run
Back to top Go down
Butters
Varsity
Varsity

Number of posts : 352
Registration date : 2007-09-15

PostSubject: Re: How will the MAYLA play out?   How will the MAYLA play out? - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 30, 2008 11:23 pm

After seeing Verona practice this last week I would be utterly shocked if Stoughton won more than 4 games. Lets give them wins vs Janesville and LaFollete. Verona, SP, Middleton, Waunakee are all a significant level above everyone else in Madison. Looking to see how it plays out on the field, but fortunately Stoughton you'll have the opportunity to prove yourself.
Back to top Go down
Jaron
Admin
Jaron

Number of posts : 480

PostSubject: Re: How will the MAYLA play out?   How will the MAYLA play out? - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 31, 2008 3:19 am

How can you not include conference finalist Middleton in that mix UKmich? They return some top players that can compete with SP, and there coaching staff remains one of the top in the state,
Back to top Go down
wiMiddie
Freshman
Freshman

PostSubject: Re: How will the MAYLA play out?   How will the MAYLA play out? - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 31, 2008 12:18 pm

I agree, LaFollette is going to be a much better team this season, but Waunakee, Sun Prairie, and most likely Middleton, all are going to come on top. Not including AHS, they will also come on top, like usual of course.
Back to top Go down
Umich2KM
Freshman
Freshman
Umich2KM

PostSubject: Re: How will the MAYLA play out?   How will the MAYLA play out? - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 31, 2008 5:26 pm

I didnt included Middleton or Verona because they are in the other half of the Madison Conf. Madison is split and i was just focusing on the (White) division... which doesnt include Middleton or Verona. But Middleton should be one of the best in the state again, im not dissagreeing with them being good... but Stoughton doesnt play them.
Back to top Go down
Umich2KM
Freshman
Freshman
Umich2KM

PostSubject: Re: How will the MAYLA play out?   How will the MAYLA play out? - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 31, 2008 5:29 pm

Last edited by Umich2KM on Tue Apr 01, 2008 9:04 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Umich2KM
Freshman
Freshman
Umich2KM

PostSubject: Re: How will the MAYLA play out?   How will the MAYLA play out? - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 31, 2008 5:31 pm

Last edited by Umich2KM on Tue Apr 01, 2008 9:04 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Jack
Admin
Jack

Number of posts : 741

PostSubject: Re: How will the MAYLA play out?   How will the MAYLA play out? - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 31, 2008 5:47 pm

umich2km: Lacrosse, not LaCrosse
Back to top Go down
http://www.wisconsinlax.aforumfree.com
mmhs089
Rookie
Rookie
mmhs089

Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2007-05-17

PostSubject: Re: How will the MAYLA play out?   How will the MAYLA play out? - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 31, 2008 6:34 pm

hey Umichkm, im assuming you are from km and i dont know if you didnt catch this, but were staying away from discussing ourselves on the forums, just so you know. feel free to post otherwise.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How will the MAYLA play out?   How will the MAYLA play out? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

How will the MAYLA play out?
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next