Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

DwinsChamps needs your help!

Go down 
+4
bigpattyboy36
Butters
Jaron
DwinsChamps
8 posters
AuthorMessage
DwinsChamps
Varsity
Varsity
DwinsChamps

Number of posts : 335
Registration date : 2007-05-14

DwinsChamps needs your help! Empty
PostSubject: DwinsChamps needs your help!   DwinsChamps needs your help! EmptyTue Feb 26, 2008 7:25 pm

So I'm in the process of getting a job with a prominent Minnesota professional baseball team, the kicker being that I need to come up with a classic rock-related game night theme in one week. I figured there would be no better brainstorming audience than my fellow laxers on WLF.

Let me give you some examples of game night themes that this team has done in the past. A few years ago, baseball commissioner Bud Selig let the all-star game end in a tie. As a result, this baseball team handed out free neckties with Selig's face on them. Another example includes the Mike Vick dog fighting fiasco of a few months ago...the baseball team handed out Mike Vick doggie chew toys to capitalize on the situation.

What ideas do you gents have about a classic rock game theme? I need your help!
Back to top Go down
Jaron
Admin
Jaron

Number of posts : 480
Registration date : 2007-05-11

PostSubject: Re: DwinsChamps needs your help!   DwinsChamps needs your help! EmptyWed Feb 27, 2008 12:29 pm

So your looking for promotional ideas where the team is basically giving something to the crowd? Does it have to be something in the news currently, because there isnt much classic rock in the news.

You could have like a Grateful Dead themed night, or some band of the sort, and give out tie-die T-Shirts, with the teams name on them.
Back to top Go down
DwinsChamps
Varsity
Varsity
DwinsChamps

PostSubject: Re: DwinsChamps needs your help!   DwinsChamps needs your help! EmptyWed Feb 27, 2008 1:10 pm

Jaron, thanks for the response, and good idea.

The promotion is purely conceptual, based upon a non-existent classic rock achievement. Let's just pretend that something recent happened in the news. The idea is to host some absurd promotion that puts fans in the seats. Anything, regardless, of how kooky it may sound, could be plausible.
Back to top Go down
Butters
Varsity
Varsity

Number of posts : 352
Registration date : 2007-09-15

PostSubject: Re: DwinsChamps needs your help!   DwinsChamps needs your help! EmptyWed Feb 27, 2008 3:46 pm

You could have an AC/DC night and hand out like keychain lightning bolts or something of the sort.
Back to top Go down
DwinsChamps
Varsity
Varsity
DwinsChamps

PostSubject: Re: DwinsChamps needs your help!   DwinsChamps needs your help! EmptyWed Feb 27, 2008 4:01 pm

Butters! I love it! Keep em' coming!
Back to top Go down
Butters
Varsity
Varsity

Number of posts : 352
Registration date : 2007-09-15

PostSubject: Re: DwinsChamps needs your help!   DwinsChamps needs your help! EmptyWed Feb 27, 2008 5:16 pm

Jimi Hendricks Night - Purple Tye-Dye Shirts (Purple Haze)
Don McLean Night - Free Pie Giveaway (American Pie)
Something to do with Led Zeppelin Night, maybe give away some cheap halo's for Stairway to Heaven.
Back to top Go down
DwinsChamps
Varsity
Varsity
DwinsChamps

PostSubject: Re: DwinsChamps needs your help!   DwinsChamps needs your help! EmptyWed Feb 27, 2008 5:34 pm

Butters, you are the man. More! MORE!!
Back to top Go down
bigpattyboy36
All-Conference
All-Conference
bigpattyboy36

Number of posts : 579
Registration date : 2007-05-12

PostSubject: Re: DwinsChamps needs your help!   DwinsChamps needs your help! EmptyWed Feb 27, 2008 6:44 pm

you should do something with Pink Floyd (maybe dark side of the moon<prisms?> or the wall<bricks?>), you could also look into The Beatles (there's way too much with the beatles to list out).
Back to top Go down
Jack
Admin
Jack

Number of posts : 741

PostSubject: Re: DwinsChamps needs your help!   DwinsChamps needs your help! EmptyWed Feb 27, 2008 7:00 pm

for the beatles give out stupid little wigs that look like the beatles... or say that every fan that comes dressed as a beatle/70's garb gets in free
Back to top Go down
http://www.wisconsinlax.aforumfree.com
Coach_Goldberg
Freshman
Freshman
Coach_Goldberg

Number of posts : 74

PostSubject: Re: DwinsChamps needs your help!   DwinsChamps needs your help! EmptyThu Feb 28, 2008 12:06 am

Grunge is now classic rock. Flannel shirts? You could also give out guitar picks with the baseball team logo on it for a rock theme.
KISS would also be good. Anyone with KISS face paint gets in free. That would be funny to see a whole ball park filled with people in KISS make-up.
Back to top Go down
Coach_Goldberg
Freshman
Freshman
Coach_Goldberg

Number of posts : 74

PostSubject: Re: DwinsChamps needs your help!   DwinsChamps needs your help! EmptyThu Feb 28, 2008 12:10 am

Actually, the band Damn Yankees would be a hilarious baseball game night theme. Especially if you were playing them that night.
Back to top Go down
Jaron
Admin
Jaron

Number of posts : 480

PostSubject: Re: DwinsChamps needs your help!   DwinsChamps needs your help! EmptyThu Feb 28, 2008 12:51 am

Whatever you decide on, the music each player walks out to, should relate to that theme. So if you decide on a specific band, each player gets a song from that band as the music that plays as they walk up to bat.
Back to top Go down
DwinsChamps
Varsity
Varsity
DwinsChamps

PostSubject: Re: DwinsChamps needs your help!   DwinsChamps needs your help! EmptyThu Feb 28, 2008 2:51 am

You fellas are lifesavers. Quite literally.

Thanks for all the help, the list is compiled!
Back to top Go down
Jack
Admin
Jack

PostSubject: Re: DwinsChamps needs your help!   DwinsChamps needs your help! EmptyThu Feb 28, 2008 3:22 am

DwinsChamps wrote:
You fellas are lifesavers. Quite literally.

Thanks for all the help, the list is compiled!

Why would you want a job where if you dont come up with a project for them they end your life?
Back to top Go down
DwinsChamps
Varsity
Varsity
DwinsChamps

PostSubject: Re: DwinsChamps needs your help!   DwinsChamps needs your help! EmptyThu Feb 28, 2008 1:23 pm

Well it's no problem now that I have my forum kronies, is it?

Ha, jk.

I'll need to think about that one, Jack
Back to top Go down
Lefty019
JV
JV
Lefty019

Number of posts : 147
Registration date : 2007-05-13

PostSubject: Re: DwinsChamps needs your help!   DwinsChamps needs your help! EmptyThu Feb 28, 2008 4:34 pm

What did you end up doing?
Back to top Go down
DwinsChamps
Varsity
Varsity
DwinsChamps

PostSubject: Re: DwinsChamps needs your help!   DwinsChamps needs your help! EmptyThu Feb 28, 2008 4:47 pm

I basically compiled an extensive list regarding any number of dress-up themes where fans would receive free tickets and other discounts, I listed a number of give-away items based on different bands including several of the ideas listed by guys within this thread, and I added a bunch of miscellaneous dance/karaoke type in-game themes that can be judged by fan applause.

The input from WLF members was extremely helpful.
Back to top Go down
Jack
Admin
Jack

PostSubject: Re: DwinsChamps needs your help!   DwinsChamps needs your help! EmptyThu Feb 28, 2008 6:43 pm

DwinsChamps wrote:
I basically compiled an extensive list regarding any number of dress-up themes where fans would receive free tickets and other discounts, I listed a number of give-away items based on different bands including several of the ideas listed by guys within this thread, and I added a bunch of miscellaneous dance/karaoke type in-game themes that can be judged by fan applause.

The input from WLF members was extremely helpful.

Ducks fly together
Back to top Go down
MUHS #30
JV
JV
MUHS #30

Number of posts : 216

PostSubject: Re: DwinsChamps needs your help!   DwinsChamps needs your help! EmptyThu Feb 28, 2008 7:10 pm

quack quack
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: DwinsChamps needs your help!   DwinsChamps needs your help! Empty

Back to top Go down

DwinsChamps needs your help!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: www.wiscolax.com-
Jump to: