Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Camps / Summertime Play

Go down 
+4
KevinBice
thedamnedfan
t8hkey
s1erra 7i2
8 posters
AuthorMessage
s1erra 7i2
Rookie
Rookie
s1erra 7i2

Number of posts : 44
Registration date : 2007-05-13

Camps / Summertime Play Empty
PostSubject: Camps / Summertime Play   Camps / Summertime Play EmptyFri Mar 07, 2008 12:39 pm

I know the season is about to start so most of this isn't really applicable yet...

What happens in Wisconsin during the summertime for lacrosse? (Preferably around the Fox Valley (Appleton)).

Also, are there any available Wisconsin camps for college students?
Back to top Go down
t8hkey
Rookie
Rookie

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2008-04-01

PostSubject: Re: Camps / Summertime Play   Camps / Summertime Play EmptyTue Apr 01, 2008 8:01 pm

s1erra 7i2 wrote:
I know the season is about to start so most of this isn't really applicable yet...

What happens in Wisconsin during the summertime for lacrosse? (Preferably around the Fox Valley (Appleton)).

Also, are there any available Wisconsin camps for college students?

kwasie you know were brining back summer time play.
Back to top Go down
thedamnedfan
All-Conference
All-Conference
thedamnedfan

Number of posts : 799
Registration date : 2007-05-11

PostSubject: Re: Camps / Summertime Play   Camps / Summertime Play EmptyTue Apr 01, 2008 8:23 pm

Most there is for college lacrosse in the summer is men's club. Brewtown and a few scrimmages here and there, I know we got some HS kids to scrimmage Channel 5 last summer, no camps really, those are for the youngins.
Back to top Go down
KevinBice
Freshman
Freshman
KevinBice

Number of posts : 70
Registration date : 2007-05-29

PostSubject: Re: Camps / Summertime Play   Camps / Summertime Play EmptyTue Apr 01, 2008 11:15 pm

If you're willing to make a weekly drive, Empire Summer Lacrosse League has a really competitive, well run league in Minneapolis on Wednesday nights. Cost is only about $100 too, so it doesn't hurt the pocketbook much.
Back to top Go down
http://www.minnesotalacrosse.org
DwinsChamps
Varsity
Varsity
DwinsChamps

Number of posts : 335
Registration date : 2007-05-14

PostSubject: Re: Camps / Summertime Play   Camps / Summertime Play EmptyTue Apr 01, 2008 11:48 pm

Let me second that. Empire Summer Lax is, without a doubt, the most competitve league in which I've played. A few pros there, several D1 kids (including Cornell's leading attackman, Ryan Hurley), a ton of stud MCLA players.

There's nothing better.
Back to top Go down
SiouxLax
All-Conference
All-Conference
SiouxLax

Number of posts : 830

PostSubject: Re: Camps / Summertime Play   Camps / Summertime Play EmptyWed Apr 02, 2008 12:12 am

The past couple summers I know there has been a 'summer leauge' thing in Milwuakee. www.hot4lax.com Should have the info.
Back to top Go down
http://www.undlacrosse.com
Jaron
Admin
Jaron

Number of posts : 480

PostSubject: Re: Camps / Summertime Play   Camps / Summertime Play EmptyWed Apr 02, 2008 11:27 am

Is that like a 4 hour drive from Madison to the cities?
Back to top Go down
thedamnedfan
All-Conference
All-Conference
thedamnedfan

PostSubject: Re: Camps / Summertime Play   Camps / Summertime Play EmptyWed Apr 02, 2008 12:05 pm

About that... 3.5 to 4. I used to drive from Madison to Mankato Minnesota and it took about 4 hours, and Mankato is in the central southern, if you continue north its about the same distance. 2 or so hours to Lacrosse, then a about 2 more to the cities.
Back to top Go down
bigpattyboy36
All-Conference
All-Conference
bigpattyboy36

Number of posts : 579
Registration date : 2007-05-12

PostSubject: Re: Camps / Summertime Play   Camps / Summertime Play EmptyWed Apr 02, 2008 3:50 pm

KevinBice wrote:
If you're willing to make a weekly drive, Empire Summer Lacrosse League has a really competitive, well run league in Minneapolis on Wednesday nights. Cost is only about $100 too, so it doesn't hurt the pocketbook much.

sounds like a lot of fun. if it werent for the drive i'd consider it.
Back to top Go down
thedamnedfan
All-Conference
All-Conference
thedamnedfan

PostSubject: Re: Camps / Summertime Play   Camps / Summertime Play EmptyWed Apr 02, 2008 6:39 pm

I have beer league down in Kansas.
Back to top Go down
KevinBice
Freshman
Freshman
KevinBice

Number of posts : 70
Registration date : 2007-05-29

PostSubject: Re: Camps / Summertime Play   Camps / Summertime Play EmptyWed Apr 02, 2008 9:11 pm

Well I figured Sierra would be driving from Menominie (Stout), which is only about an hour drive. And it would be well worth it to play in the summer league I'm talking about. Quite honestly, the level of talent there is easily comparable to MCLA conference play. It's great to get out and play for fun with some great players with nothing to lose.
Back to top Go down
http://www.minnesotalacrosse.org
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Camps / Summertime Play   Camps / Summertime Play Empty

Back to top Go down

Camps / Summertime Play
Page 1 of 1