Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Minnesota vs. Marquette

Go down 
+11
Butters
veronalax33
V-townLax19
Nate
thedamnedfan
KevinBice
bigpattyboy36
Jaron
Gopherlax9
SiouxLax
DwinsChamps
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
DwinsChamps
Varsity
Varsity
DwinsChamps

Number of posts : 335
Registration date : 2007-05-14

Minnesota vs. Marquette Empty
PostSubject: Minnesota vs. Marquette   Minnesota vs. Marquette EmptySun Mar 30, 2008 8:41 pm

Saturday, April 5, 2008.

Valley Fields, located at 1818 Canal St., Milwaukee.

Shenanigans start at 3 pm.
Back to top Go down
SiouxLax
All-Conference
All-Conference
SiouxLax

Number of posts : 830
Registration date : 2007-05-11

PostSubject: Re: Minnesota vs. Marquette   Minnesota vs. Marquette EmptySun Mar 30, 2008 8:51 pm

Damnit, I'd love to see this game.
Back to top Go down
http://www.undlacrosse.com
Gopherlax9
Rookie
Rookie
Gopherlax9

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2007-11-20

PostSubject: Re: Minnesota vs. Marquette   Minnesota vs. Marquette EmptyMon Mar 31, 2008 1:50 am

It'll be a good one. Lots of Wisco players at the U, including the entire city of Verona
Back to top Go down
Jaron
Admin
Jaron

Number of posts : 480

PostSubject: Re: Minnesota vs. Marquette   Minnesota vs. Marquette EmptyMon Mar 31, 2008 3:12 am

Tisk Tisk, too bad none of them Middleton boys ever joined that team....
Back to top Go down
bigpattyboy36
All-Conference
All-Conference
bigpattyboy36

Number of posts : 579
Registration date : 2007-05-12

PostSubject: Re: Minnesota vs. Marquette   Minnesota vs. Marquette EmptyMon Mar 31, 2008 3:19 pm

this should be a pretty interesting game. i'm looking forward to it.
Back to top Go down
KevinBice
Freshman
Freshman
KevinBice

Number of posts : 70
Registration date : 2007-05-29

PostSubject: Re: Minnesota vs. Marquette   Minnesota vs. Marquette EmptyTue Apr 01, 2008 1:10 pm

It's never too late Jaron... you've still got 2 years of eligibility left...
Back to top Go down
http://www.minnesotalacrosse.org
thedamnedfan
All-Conference
All-Conference
thedamnedfan

Number of posts : 799

PostSubject: Re: Minnesota vs. Marquette   Minnesota vs. Marquette EmptyTue Apr 01, 2008 1:26 pm

Psh... there was even a Stoughton kid there for a year or two, and Middleton can't manage.

I dont think Jaron could play there, not enough yellow, he likes yellow.

How are the fields at Fontbonne Jaron? Was in STL this weekend, play SLU and Wash U, SLU's normal field was flooded so we played on a super muddy field, some park in super urban St. Louis, and Wash U had a nice field we got to play on. Sadly we lost both and 3 of our starters were injured, which left us with like 2-3 subs all around.

But yeah, I wish I was closer to some more lacrosse, sadly not much goes down in KCMO.
Back to top Go down
Jaron
Admin
Jaron

PostSubject: Re: Minnesota vs. Marquette   Minnesota vs. Marquette EmptyTue Apr 01, 2008 2:15 pm

Our school is right next to WashU, literally. We neighbor by about 50 feet. Our athletic facility is not on campus, about 10 minutes away, but is fully turfed with all the goodies.
Back to top Go down
Nate
All-Conference
All-Conference
Nate

Number of posts : 570

PostSubject: Re: Minnesota vs. Marquette   Minnesota vs. Marquette EmptyTue Apr 01, 2008 2:51 pm

I wish I could expierance play on the real turf. Since we play Verona at home, does that mean we get to play on their turf field?
Back to top Go down
http://www.stoughtonlacrosse.com
DwinsChamps
Varsity
Varsity
DwinsChamps

PostSubject: Re: Minnesota vs. Marquette   Minnesota vs. Marquette EmptyTue Apr 01, 2008 2:59 pm

...if you play Verona at home, then you'll be at Ceniti Park. They've renovated the entire field recently, but I'm not sure if it has Field Turf, which is what I assume you're talking about. If it doesn't, you can be sure that it has a darn nice grass surface.

Regular turf sucks, and forces me and Kevin to take out our aggressions on any sorry team that decides to host us on such a surface.
Back to top Go down
SiouxLax
All-Conference
All-Conference
SiouxLax

PostSubject: Re: Minnesota vs. Marquette   Minnesota vs. Marquette EmptyTue Apr 01, 2008 3:12 pm

I've played on field turf. It's just like playing on grass. I've also played on carpet turf. That stuff sucks.
Back to top Go down
V-townLax19
Rookie
Rookie
V-townLax19

Number of posts : 28

PostSubject: Re: Minnesota vs. Marquette   Minnesota vs. Marquette EmptyTue Apr 01, 2008 3:25 pm

no Verona does not have field turf.. they have grass
Back to top Go down
Nate
All-Conference
All-Conference
Nate

Number of posts : 570

PostSubject: Re: Minnesota vs. Marquette   Minnesota vs. Marquette EmptyTue Apr 01, 2008 5:26 pm

oh, okay. I thought I heard of them getting a new turf field. Oh well, musta heard wrong. Thanks for the clarification
Back to top Go down
http://www.stoughtonlacrosse.com
veronalax33
JV
JV
veronalax33

Number of posts : 185
Registration date : 2007-09-24

PostSubject: Re: Minnesota vs. Marquette   Minnesota vs. Marquette EmptyTue Apr 01, 2008 5:58 pm

That'd be sweet if we got turf for the new field. But over the summer, they tore up the field, widened it a little, and laid new sod on it. We also built a concession stand, storage shed, and put in two sets of bleachers. Rumor has it that we might be getting lights too.
Back to top Go down
thedamnedfan
All-Conference
All-Conference
thedamnedfan

PostSubject: Re: Minnesota vs. Marquette   Minnesota vs. Marquette EmptyTue Apr 01, 2008 7:16 pm

We have turf like Keva at Rockhurst. With the little rubber things and what not. Only thing is we can never use good paint on it because they have it lined for soccer only. So we end up using super washable paint that comes out in a matter of days from use, rarely do we practice with lines other than a crease.

Sucks.

SLU was supposed to be turf, Wash U is, all our home games are turf, and other away games which is 2 is grass, not sure how good it is.

K-State has turf too, played on that in the fall and it was dope.

Why would you have an issue with turf Dwins?
Back to top Go down
Butters
Varsity
Varsity

Number of posts : 352
Registration date : 2007-09-15

PostSubject: Re: Minnesota vs. Marquette   Minnesota vs. Marquette EmptyTue Apr 01, 2008 7:24 pm

If I understood correctly Dwins was referring to Astro Turf as in what he dislikes. Astro Turf, or carpet turf, is horrible. Bad for your knees, ball just rolls til no end, and it just burns the knees. Field Turf is quite nice, thats what Keva has, with the rubber pellets. And yes, Ceniti has grass, but lets not overhype that field. It's first and foremost use is youth football, it's nothing compared to some other fields.
Back to top Go down
DwinsChamps
Varsity
Varsity
DwinsChamps

PostSubject: Re: Minnesota vs. Marquette   Minnesota vs. Marquette EmptyTue Apr 01, 2008 7:25 pm

thedamnedfan wrote:
Why would you have an issue with turf Dwins?

Let me clarify that I love Field Turf, the synthetic grass with those little rubber pieces. That stuff is awesome.

Regular turf, or astroturf as some like to call it, is basically carpeting over concrete. It considerably increases the risk of serious knee damage to people that play on it, not to mention it rubs the skin off any part of your body that is unfortunate enough to touch it. Plus, when I play on it I have to wear my semi-cool Nike turf shoes, instead of my incredibly cool Nike cleats, so there's a fashion dilemma, as well.
Back to top Go down
V-townLax19
Rookie
Rookie
V-townLax19

Number of posts : 28

PostSubject: Re: Minnesota vs. Marquette   Minnesota vs. Marquette EmptyTue Apr 01, 2008 7:36 pm

yes Verona is in the works of getting lights put in at some point
Back to top Go down
thedamnedfan
All-Conference
All-Conference
thedamnedfan

PostSubject: Re: Minnesota vs. Marquette   Minnesota vs. Marquette EmptyTue Apr 01, 2008 8:26 pm

I've heard of astroturf issues. Heat among no other, rug burns, rolling and rolling and others.
Back to top Go down
Jaron
Admin
Jaron

PostSubject: Re: Minnesota vs. Marquette   Minnesota vs. Marquette EmptyTue Apr 01, 2008 9:32 pm

You can't get a grip on the stuff. Its so hard to plant and change directions, I hate AstroTurf. Field Turf, thats the Ish.
Back to top Go down
bigpattyboy36
All-Conference
All-Conference
bigpattyboy36

Number of posts : 579

PostSubject: Re: Minnesota vs. Marquette   Minnesota vs. Marquette EmptyWed Apr 02, 2008 1:08 am

well, i wont apologize for the astroturf this weekend gentlemen, but that's really all we have. Marquette hasnt allocated enough funding to take out the astro-crap and install some field turf.

you guys probably already know what to wear, but i'd go with some solid baskettball shoes or a decent pair of cross-trainers. If you have the turf-shoes, bring them along.

it's gonna be lots of fun.
Back to top Go down
SiouxLax
All-Conference
All-Conference
SiouxLax

PostSubject: Re: Minnesota vs. Marquette   Minnesota vs. Marquette EmptyWed Apr 02, 2008 1:43 am

As long as you don't fall down, it's not too bad. Plus bounce shots are wicked easy, although very predictable for the goalie. Plus with the turf, you can incorporate some bounce passes if you wanna get tricky.
Back to top Go down
Butters
Varsity
Varsity

Number of posts : 352
Registration date : 2007-09-15

PostSubject: Re: Minnesota vs. Marquette   Minnesota vs. Marquette EmptyWed Apr 02, 2008 2:32 am

They're "very predictable" unless they get weirdass spin on the shot. Which has happened to me... but yeah for the most part not too bad from a goalie stand point.
Back to top Go down
krks34
JV
JV
krks34

Number of posts : 184
Registration date : 2007-05-16

PostSubject: Re: Minnesota vs. Marquette   Minnesota vs. Marquette EmptyWed Apr 02, 2008 3:00 am

turf shoes are great for this field, having played on it a couple times, they are easily the best to wear. but if you aint got them, basketball shoes are good to, cross-trainers/running shoes arent the best but it they work fine i guess.
Back to top Go down
Jack
Admin
Jack

Number of posts : 741

PostSubject: Re: Minnesota vs. Marquette   Minnesota vs. Marquette EmptyWed Apr 02, 2008 8:22 am

bigpattyboy36 wrote:
well, i wont apologize for the astroturf this weekend gentlemen, but that's really all we have. Marquette hasnt allocated enough funding to take out the astro-crap and install some field turf.

you guys probably already know what to wear, but i'd go with some solid baskettball shoes or a decent pair of cross-trainers. If you have the turf-shoes, bring them along.

it's gonna be lots of fun.

Just let Tom Crean apologize for you!!! Smile Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.wisconsinlax.aforumfree.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Minnesota vs. Marquette   Minnesota vs. Marquette Empty

Back to top Go down

Minnesota vs. Marquette
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next