Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

NCAA Championship weekend picks

Go down 
+8
WiscoLax
Guru
RiDE
Nate
MUHS #30
JordanEC23
SiouxLax
veronalax33
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
veronalax33
JV
JV
veronalax33

Number of posts : 185
Registration date : 2007-09-24

NCAA Championship weekend picks Empty
PostSubject: NCAA Championship weekend picks   NCAA Championship weekend picks EmptySun Apr 27, 2008 10:21 pm

Who do you guys think is going to be in the final 4, finals, and the national champion?
Back to top Go down
SiouxLax
All-Conference
All-Conference
SiouxLax

Number of posts : 830
Registration date : 2007-05-11

PostSubject: Re: NCAA Championship weekend picks   NCAA Championship weekend picks EmptySun Apr 27, 2008 10:25 pm

Duke
UVA
Syracuse
Johns Hopkins
Back to top Go down
http://www.undlacrosse.com
JordanEC23
Varsity
Varsity
JordanEC23

Number of posts : 301
Registration date : 2007-05-13

PostSubject: Re: NCAA Championship weekend picks   NCAA Championship weekend picks EmptySun Apr 27, 2008 10:52 pm

Yeah, right now I'm going to agree with Sioux, but I'm hoping there is a "dark" horse that crashes the party. I'm fine with kicking 'Cuse out personally. Laughing Although this would be 3 of the 4 teams I saw at Face Off Classic, it'll still be two times as awesome.
Back to top Go down
MUHS #30
JV
JV
MUHS #30

Number of posts : 216

PostSubject: Re: NCAA Championship weekend picks   NCAA Championship weekend picks EmptySun Apr 27, 2008 11:02 pm

hmmmm:

Duke
Cuse
hopkins
and the shocker- cornell

final is a repeat, with duke winning
Back to top Go down
SiouxLax
All-Conference
All-Conference
SiouxLax

PostSubject: Re: NCAA Championship weekend picks   NCAA Championship weekend picks EmptySun Apr 27, 2008 11:26 pm

Im going to say that 'cuse and Duke are going to be in it for sure, they are easily the best two teams IMO.
Back to top Go down
Nate
All-Conference
All-Conference
Nate

Number of posts : 570
Registration date : 2007-05-12

PostSubject: Re: NCAA Championship weekend picks   NCAA Championship weekend picks EmptyMon Apr 28, 2008 11:37 am

Duke
Cuse'
Virginia
Hopkins

Duke and Syracuse in the final with Duke winning it all.
Back to top Go down
http://www.stoughtonlacrosse.com
RiDE
Varsity
Varsity
RiDE

Number of posts : 448

PostSubject: Re: NCAA Championship weekend picks   NCAA Championship weekend picks EmptyMon Apr 28, 2008 4:24 pm

Duke Uva and Cuse, and the last one is a toss up i think
Back to top Go down
Guru
Guru

Number of posts : 204
Registration date : 2007-06-01

PostSubject: Re: NCAA Championship weekend picks   NCAA Championship weekend picks EmptyMon Apr 28, 2008 9:21 pm

i seriously don't want hopkins in it this year. but somehow, they ALWAYS DO!

only thing i will allow is rabil transferring to UVA and them winning it all
Back to top Go down
WiscoLax
Freshman
Freshman
WiscoLax

Number of posts : 71
Registration date : 2008-04-23

PostSubject: Re: NCAA Championship weekend picks   NCAA Championship weekend picks EmptyMon Apr 28, 2008 9:30 pm

Hmm going out on a limb here.. Virginia, Duke, Syracuse, and Notre Dame
Back to top Go down
RiDE
Varsity
Varsity
RiDE

PostSubject: Re: NCAA Championship weekend picks   NCAA Championship weekend picks EmptyTue Apr 29, 2008 10:53 am

notre dame is a stretch Razz , but really, i think that 4th pick is there for whoever wants it the most
Back to top Go down
veronalax33
JV
JV
veronalax33

PostSubject: Re: NCAA Championship weekend picks   NCAA Championship weekend picks EmptyTue Apr 29, 2008 5:39 pm

I see Duke, Syracuse, and Virginia in the final 4 with out a challenge. As for the fourth spot, I think that I'm going to go on a limb and say that UNC gets it, but I think that Hopkins, Cornell, and Navy have a legit chance at getting it too. Duke Syracuse in the finals with Syracuse winning it. I can't say that I care a whole lot what happens as long as I get to watch some good lacrosse.
Back to top Go down
gfields5
JV
JV
gfields5

Number of posts : 145
Registration date : 2008-03-28

PostSubject: Re: NCAA Championship weekend picks   NCAA Championship weekend picks EmptyTue Apr 29, 2008 8:13 pm

veronalax33 wrote:
I see Duke, Syracuse, and Virginia in the final 4 with out a challenge. As for the fourth spot, I think that I'm going to go on a limb and say that UNC gets it, but I think that Hopkins, Cornell, and Navy have a legit chance at getting it too. Duke Syracuse in the finals with Syracuse winning it. I can't say that I care a whole lot what happens as long as I get to watch some good lacrosse.

Yeah I think it is the general assumption that Duke, 'Cuse, and UVA will make it to the finals, as they have clearly been the teams to beat throughout the year. I agree with what everyone else said, the fourth one is definitely up for grabs. When they are on, Notre Dame, UNC, Maryland, UMBC, Georgetown, Hopkins, Cornell (if they make it), etc can all compete with the best of them. However, I think its a little difficult predictions now though, because there are so many teams on the bubble if they will even get in. For example, teams like Navy, Army, Notre Dame, Denver, OSU, and then Ivy League teams like Princeton, Brown, and Cornell all have to ability to make a final four run; but, in all actuality, only 3-4 of 8 aforementioned teams will even make it in. I guess we will just have to wait until the selection show this Sunday.
Back to top Go down
RiDE
Varsity
Varsity
RiDE

PostSubject: Re: NCAA Championship weekend picks   NCAA Championship weekend picks EmptyWed Apr 30, 2008 4:09 pm

i think your prolly right with UNC, thats who ide bet on too i think
Back to top Go down
veronalax33
JV
JV
veronalax33

PostSubject: Re: NCAA Championship weekend picks   NCAA Championship weekend picks EmptyWed Apr 30, 2008 4:24 pm

RiDE wrote:
i think your prolly right with UNC, thats who ide bet on too i think

There's a little bias there too...my sister went there for college so I root for UNC sports when I get the chance
Back to top Go down
mkexlax
Rookie
Rookie
mkexlax

Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2008-01-12

PostSubject: Re: NCAA Championship weekend picks   NCAA Championship weekend picks EmptyWed Apr 30, 2008 10:55 pm

It's hard to really guess who will make the Final Four when the brackets haven't even been released yet. Aside from AQ's, who gets bids is up in the air. However, for participation sake, I'll use the bracket Quint Kessenich proposed on Inside Lacrosse's website (http://blogs.insidelacrosse.com/2008/04/29/quint-kessenich-a-second-look-at-the-ncaa-brackets/)

1. Duke throttles Loyola, then squeaks past Georgetown to advance.
2. Colgate surprises UNC in OT, then pulls another upset over Hopkins.
3. UVA handles Drexel, then beats the Fightin' Irish to earn their spot.
4. Syracruse dismantles the MAAC winner, and disposes of Cornell.

FINAL FOUR:

-Duke ends Colgate's Cinderella run and puts on an offensive clinic (15-4 Final).
-In an close battle, 'Cuse's goaltending advantage proves to be the deciding factor as they win in OT (13-12 Final).

CHAMPIONSHIP:

Duke's leadership and experience proves to be pivotal, as they pound the Orange's freshman goaltender and capture the much eluded title (16-8 Final).
Back to top Go down
SiouxLax
All-Conference
All-Conference
SiouxLax

PostSubject: Re: NCAA Championship weekend picks   NCAA Championship weekend picks EmptyWed Apr 30, 2008 11:51 pm

Colgate over UNC and Hopkins? No way.
Back to top Go down
JordanEC23
Varsity
Varsity
JordanEC23

PostSubject: Re: NCAA Championship weekend picks   NCAA Championship weekend picks EmptyThu May 01, 2008 12:14 am

Quote :
2. Colgate surprises UNC in OT, then pulls another upset over Hopkins.

I wouldn't be shocked if we saw a few upsets in the first round this year, but I think Colgate luckily got it all together the past week. That said, I truly hope Ohio State gets in and does well, because it'd just be awesome to see a Big 10 team out in Boston! Laughing
Back to top Go down
SiouxLax
All-Conference
All-Conference
SiouxLax

PostSubject: Re: NCAA Championship weekend picks   NCAA Championship weekend picks EmptyThu May 01, 2008 12:32 am

OSU's mid Kevin Buchanan is tearing it up this season.
Back to top Go down
mkexlax
Rookie
Rookie
mkexlax

Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2008-01-12

PostSubject: Re: NCAA Championship weekend picks   NCAA Championship weekend picks EmptySat May 03, 2008 4:19 pm

SiouxLax wrote:
Colgate over UNC and Hopkins? No way.

Well, after today's outcome against Syracuse, would you like to rescind your statement yet?
Back to top Go down
SiouxLax
All-Conference
All-Conference
SiouxLax

PostSubject: Re: NCAA Championship weekend picks   NCAA Championship weekend picks EmptySat May 03, 2008 4:22 pm

Nope...I still don't think Colgate can pull it off twice in a row over two of the best teams around. Beating UNC and Hopkins one after the other would be VERY impressive.
Back to top Go down
Jaron
Admin
Jaron

Number of posts : 480

PostSubject: Re: NCAA Championship weekend picks   NCAA Championship weekend picks EmptySat May 03, 2008 5:09 pm

Very impressive win for Colgate. I am not sure what they have been up to in the latter part of the season but they are winning some big time games. I cant see them getting very far in the tournament. They just don't have the firepower.

Of course, with how they are playing right now, I could very well eat my words in a couple of weeks.
Back to top Go down
JordanEC23
Varsity
Varsity
JordanEC23

PostSubject: Re: NCAA Championship weekend picks   NCAA Championship weekend picks EmptySat May 03, 2008 9:34 pm

Yea, I remember reading alot of preason hype about Colgate's squad this year, so maybe they are finally putting the pieces together, but I don't know if I'm convinced they have enough pure talent to go through multiple top tier teams in the tourney.
Back to top Go down
MUHS #30
JV
JV
MUHS #30

Number of posts : 216

PostSubject: Re: NCAA Championship weekend picks   NCAA Championship weekend picks EmptySun May 04, 2008 10:30 pm

well now that the brackets are out, id like to revise my prediction

Duke
Hop
Cuse
UVA

ps-bracket on lax.com
Back to top Go down
JordanEC23
Varsity
Varsity
JordanEC23

PostSubject: Re: NCAA Championship weekend picks   NCAA Championship weekend picks EmptySun May 04, 2008 10:57 pm

MUHS #30 wrote:
well now that the brackets are out, id like to revise my prediction

Duke
Hop
Cuse
UVA

ps-bracket on lax.com

Good call, I totally forgot it was selection night. I'm sort of bummed out though, I wanted Cornell or Ohio State to make it to the final four, but one of them will knock the other out and in all likeliness Duke will beat the winner of that game.

My final four is the same as you, I think they are clearly the four best teams entering the tournament, it'll be interesting to see if a darkhorse makes it, always makes it interesting.
Back to top Go down
gfields5
JV
JV
gfields5

Number of posts : 145
Registration date : 2008-03-28

PostSubject: Re: NCAA Championship weekend picks   NCAA Championship weekend picks EmptyMon May 05, 2008 12:01 pm

Now that the bracket is officially out, I will give my predictions on the tournament. While the majority of the people will go with Duke, UVA, Syracuse, Hopkins, I'm going to go out on a limb and say that the lacrosse national tournament this year won't be as bland as basketball - this season has provent that we will have upsets and lots of them.

First Round:
Duke d. Loyola
OSU d. Cornell
Hopkins d. Hofstra
Navy d. UNC

Syracuse d. Canisius
ND d. Colgate
Maryland d. Denver
UMBC d. UVA

2nd Round:
Duke d. OSU
Hopkins d. Navy

ND d. Syracuse
UMBC d. Maryland

Semis:
Duke d. Hopkins
ND d. UMBC

Final:
Duke d. ND

Champion: DUKE
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: NCAA Championship weekend picks   NCAA Championship weekend picks Empty

Back to top Go down

NCAA Championship weekend picks
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next