Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Umich2KM
Freshman
Freshman

Number of posts : 75
Registration date : 2008-02-17

PostSubject: Re: State Tournament Formatting   Fri Apr 24, 2009 7:50 pm

Quite simply take the top two teams from Milwaukee, top two from Bay Val, and the top team from the Mala Red and top team from Mala White. After those six teams are selected, have either two or four at large bids which will be voted on by the coach’s poll (which finally exist.) They could also vote seeding... if it were to be a ten team tourney the top 2 seeds would receive first round byes. And with regards to where the tourney should be played I don’t really have a problem with the rotation of the each conf. hosting the tourney, however make it at a more prestigious venue than Middleton HS or Neenah. No disrespect to either school, but it would be the state tourney and should garnish a different arena than a regular season game. Much like State hockey tourney is hosted in Madison, as is football. I am not sure which locations would be prime for such an event. For I don’t know where all the college teams in the state play or possible fields that it could be held at – any suggestions?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
KmLAX42
Rookie
Rookie

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2008-06-06

PostSubject: Re: State Tournament Formatting   Sat Apr 25, 2009 1:05 am

Umich2KM wrote:
Quite simply take the top two teams from Milwaukee, top two from Bay Val, and the top team from the Mala Red and top team from Mala White. After those six teams are selected, have either two or four at large bids which will be voted on by the coach’s poll (which finally exist.) They could also vote seeding... if it were to be a ten team tourney the top 2 seeds would receive first round byes. And with regards to where the tourney should be played I don’t really have a problem with the rotation of the each conf. hosting the tourney, however make it at a more prestigious venue than Middleton HS or Neenah. No disrespect to either school, but it would be the state tourney and should garnish a different arena than a regular season game. Much like State hockey tourney is hosted in Madison, as is football. I am not sure which locations would be prime for such an event. For I don’t know where all the college teams in the state play or possible fields that it could be held at – any suggestions?

Shorewood would be so legit.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Umich2KM
Freshman
Freshman

PostSubject: Re: State Tournament Formatting   Sat Apr 25, 2009 1:16 am

Shorewood is a beatiful field but is still just a high school, there are several other high schools with nice fields, I was saying it would be nice to get away from that, but Milwaukee should have their conf. tourny games at Shorewood - at least the championship.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
laxfan1
Rookie
Rookie

Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2009-03-28

PostSubject: Re: State Tournament Formatting   Sat Apr 25, 2009 1:21 am

Umich2KM wrote:
Thats different though those games are WIAA and the WIAA can afford to have teams play at camp randall and the Kohl Center. Lacrosse isn't nearly big enough to have the money to play at a venue like that or the need there isn't anywhere close to as many fans as there are at those state games.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Umich2KM
Freshman
Freshman

PostSubject: Re: State Tournament Formatting   Sat Apr 25, 2009 1:48 am

No I completely understand, I'm just saying that is what I would like to happen, but unfortunately for me I will not be able to experience any of these changes as a player. However it still could be possible to do what Arrowhead did several years ago, as in having a JV conf. championship game, the state tourney, among many other things which would draw a larger crowd thus reducing expenses.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Butters
Varsity
Varsity

Number of posts : 352
Registration date : 2007-09-15

PostSubject: Re: State Tournament Formatting   Sun Apr 26, 2009 4:52 pm

Throwing out some fields that would be better than a normal HS field: Breese Stephens (Madison), Perkins Stadium (Whitewater, while out of the way absolutely beautiful new field), Oshkosh's Football Stadium (Oshkosh), Valley Fields (Not this year with that crap carpet turf, but once it's finished being redone). I realize Marquette HS uses the valley fields sometimes but I'm pretty sure it's not their regular field, correct me if I'm wrong. And yes I realize the Super Bowl is hosted by NFL teams, but we aren't the NFL. We have the options to prevent a home game situation. Where would the NFL host if not at an NFL stadium? College field?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bigpattyboy36
All-Conference
All-Conference

Number of posts : 579
Registration date : 2007-05-12

PostSubject: Re: State Tournament Formatting   Sun Apr 26, 2009 7:40 pm

Butters wrote:
Throwing out some fields that would be better than a normal HS field: Breese Stephens (Madison), Perkins Stadium (Whitewater, while out of the way absolutely beautiful new field), Oshkosh's Football Stadium (Oshkosh), Valley Fields (Not this year with that crap carpet turf, but once it's finished being redone). I realize Marquette HS uses the valley fields sometimes but I'm pretty sure it's not their regular field, correct me if I'm wrong. And yes I realize the Super Bowl is hosted by NFL teams, but we aren't the NFL. We have the options to prevent a home game situation. Where would the NFL host if not at an NFL stadium? College field?

you would be correct. MUHS's home field is on the grounds/property of Mt. Mary College in Wauwatosa WI, though they have hosted a game or two at Valley Fields at Marquette U. ... i wouldnt hold your breath on Marquette getting a suitable stadium/field for the likes of a State Championship, not because of the field quality, but because Marquette doesnt have enough stands/bleachers/parking to host the crowd...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: State Tournament Formatting   

Back to top Go down

State Tournament Formatting
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2