Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Final Four

Go down 
+7
AHSLAXISBALLIN
Guru
krks34
thedamnedfan
bigpattyboy36
MUHS #30
Butters
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Butters
Varsity
Varsity

Number of posts : 352
Registration date : 2007-09-15

Final Four Empty
PostSubject: Final Four   Final Four EmptySat May 24, 2008 5:35 pm

Duke loses a killer, with a goal by JHU that with instant replay wouldn't have been allowed. Syracuse wins a thriller in 2OT. Great games to watch. Comments?
Back to top Go down
MUHS #30
JV
JV
MUHS #30

Number of posts : 216
Registration date : 2007-05-11

Final Four Empty
PostSubject: Re: Final Four   Final Four EmptySat May 24, 2008 6:47 pm

was the duke game dissapointing to anyone? its great that hop gets to go to another championship game but i thought that duke would have done something more in that game

ps-Mike Leveille is sick

Last edited by MUHS #30 on Sat May 24, 2008 6:48 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : i can't spell)
Back to top Go down
bigpattyboy36
All-Conference
All-Conference
bigpattyboy36

Number of posts : 579
Registration date : 2007-05-12

Final Four Empty
PostSubject: Re: Final Four   Final Four EmptySat May 24, 2008 11:15 pm

gentlemen(and ladies), if you have the opportunity or the resources, go to the final four. it is well worth the money.

I got my wish in the first game with 'cuse making it to the final. i'm still thorougly convinced that the reason virginia lost is b/c bud petit is not as good a goalie as kip turner. Virginia is a phenomenal team, but their defense just couldnt hold up. i'm sitting in the stands behind the virginia goal as "king Mike" started his mock finalizer that lead to the GWG, and my friend just goes, "oh shit, he's scoring, there's no way he's not scoring."

Second game was a bit of a crapshoot, all i really wanted to see was some great play from the superstars on both sides. sure enough, they all played great, and i was a happy boy. Reason why hopkins won - posession posession posession. they forced duke to play a slow pace game. it looked like duke was gonna break out and win in the third, but gvozden was a STUD against some of the best attackmen of all time.

reflection: damn, i really felt for the guys who lost today. and even though i hate bud petit, i felt absolutly terrible after syracuse won.

PS - i dont appreciate the fact that brine is the only vendor at the championships. business is business though right?
Back to top Go down
thedamnedfan
All-Conference
All-Conference
thedamnedfan

Number of posts : 799

Final Four Empty
PostSubject: Re: Final Four   Final Four EmptySun May 25, 2008 3:25 am

I

Hate

Hopkins
Back to top Go down
krks34
JV
JV
krks34

Number of posts : 184
Registration date : 2007-05-16

Final Four Empty
PostSubject: Re: Final Four   Final Four EmptySun May 25, 2008 3:46 am

why do you hate hopkins?
Back to top Go down
Guru
Guru

Number of posts : 204
Registration date : 2007-06-01

Final Four Empty
PostSubject: Re: Final Four   Final Four EmptySun May 25, 2008 12:10 pm

thedamnedfan wrote:
I

Hate

Hopkins

quoted for emphasis...

... everyone knows i'm a UVA fan. anyway seeing them lose yesterday didn't really bother me at all. i love cuse, and really wanted them to bounce back after the previous year. i know mike's brother kevin pretty well through work, so it was nice seeing him get the game winner.

i agree that UVA needed a better goalie in the pipes yesterday. i wasn't expecting a tillman johnson-like performance.

as for the hopkins-duke match-up... 100% disappointing to myself. every year hopkins finds a way to get things done, to them that means they are a great team and deserve it. but there are other teams that deserve to be in the memorial day game besides them. i really wish duke could have held on and made it. but again, thats the problem when there are hardly any fastbreaks for duke's team. also... why would you call a TO when there is 3 seconds left on the clock. you had possession at 12-14 seconds... IDK why John D waited so long. 3 seconds a crap bounce isn't going to get things done, especially with 1 goal behind.

every year, the only thing good about hopkins as that they look cool. anyone see the new '09 nike uni's rocked by them.
Back to top Go down
AHSLAXISBALLIN
Freshman
Freshman
AHSLAXISBALLIN

Number of posts : 53
Registration date : 2007-05-18

Final Four Empty
PostSubject: Re: Final Four   Final Four EmptySun May 25, 2008 12:58 pm

I understand what you are saying about the 3 second time-out... the only reson I could give you is he knows his team's strength.. and that is the fast breaks they saw little of Saturday. I think he knew they were good unsettled and felt they had a great chance scoring running the field there. I personally think he had a bad approach to their game. He kept saying that they needed to just keep playing the game... the only thing is that they were playing a game that was too slow paced for their style. John D should have been making some kind of adjustment to try and break the Hopkins D. Granted, they did provide some offense, it just wasn't an explosion that I expected to see out of Duke. They just didn't have any urgency. I thought they would have gone into an Attack, attack, attack strategy from the get go.
Back to top Go down
bigpattyboy36
All-Conference
All-Conference
bigpattyboy36

Final Four Empty
PostSubject: Re: Final Four   Final Four EmptyMon May 26, 2008 1:45 am

Guru wrote:

quoted for emphasis...

... everyone knows i'm a UVA fan. anyway seeing them lose yesterday didn't really bother me at all. i love cuse, and really wanted them to bounce back after the previous year. i know mike's brother kevin pretty well through work, so it was nice seeing him get the game winner.

i agree that UVA needed a better goalie in the pipes yesterday. i wasn't expecting a tillman johnson-like performance.

as for the hopkins-duke match-up... 100% disappointing to myself. every

it's not all petit's fault in the end, but he is the one responsible.

ps- i was wrong about the vendors, warrior sent representatives and the local lax store powerhouse comlax had a huge tent.
Back to top Go down
Butters
Varsity
Varsity

Final Four Empty
PostSubject: Re: Final Four   Final Four EmptyMon May 26, 2008 1:49 am

I personally thought Petit played great, definitely outplayed Cuse's goalie. Gvozden stole the show though. Loftus played well for Duke but Gvozden stole the game.
Back to top Go down
tdarcy
Freshman
Freshman

Number of posts : 73

Final Four Empty
PostSubject: Re: Final Four   Final Four EmptyMon May 26, 2008 10:21 am

A little bragging here...my nephew, Matt Messina, #21, is a midfielder for NYIT...the D2 champs...he had 2 goals and two assists in the Bears win. It was awesome watching him play on TV yesterday. I'm trying to get him hooked up with a camp in the midwest.
Back to top Go down
MUHS #30
JV
JV
MUHS #30

Final Four Empty
PostSubject: Re: Final Four   Final Four EmptyMon May 26, 2008 10:35 am

tdarcy wrote:
A little bragging here...my nephew, Matt Messina, #21, is a midfielder for NYIT...the D2 champs...he had 2 goals and two assists in the Bears win. It was awesome watching him play on TV yesterday. I'm trying to get him hooked up with a camp in the midwest.

i saw that game yesterday and that was a good one.

The DIII game was insane too
Back to top Go down
krks34
JV
JV
krks34

Number of posts : 184
Registration date : 2007-05-16

Final Four Empty
PostSubject: Re: Final Four   Final Four EmptyMon May 26, 2008 12:05 pm

who won DIII?
Back to top Go down
MUHS #30
JV
JV
MUHS #30

Final Four Empty
PostSubject: Re: Final Four   Final Four EmptyMon May 26, 2008 12:29 pm

salisbury. the first quarter was just back and forth...and awesome. i think it was like 5 to 5 after the first quarter
Back to top Go down
Guru
Guru

Final Four Empty
PostSubject: Re: Final Four   Final Four EmptyMon May 26, 2008 12:45 pm

7-6 in the first with sals up.

the d2 champs were amazing... really cool to see so many highlight reel goals from that game. and that freshman kept on producing offense for the bears. i really wanted to have them take the win over lemoyne and thank god they did. any reason why NYIT changed the team colors since last year?
Back to top Go down
relicdavis
Varsity
Varsity
relicdavis

Number of posts : 404
Registration date : 2007-06-30

Final Four Empty
PostSubject: Re: Final Four   Final Four EmptyMon May 26, 2008 3:20 pm

mmm Paul Rabil king

cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
http://www.JanesvilleLacrosse.com
Guru
Guru

Final Four Empty
PostSubject: Re: Final Four   Final Four EmptyMon May 26, 2008 3:32 pm

haha die hopkins die! hahaha

congrats go to SU. anyone that can beat UVA deserves to win and thank god cuse did.
Back to top Go down
Butters
Varsity
Varsity

Final Four Empty
PostSubject: Re: Final Four   Final Four EmptyMon May 26, 2008 3:41 pm

Gvozden made that game so much closer than it should have been. That could have been ugly, 10 goal loss or more without him.
Back to top Go down
Guru
Guru

Final Four Empty
PostSubject: Re: Final Four   Final Four EmptyMon May 26, 2008 3:54 pm

exactly... he played pretty well, but a lot of cuse shots were missed or just bad shots in general.
Back to top Go down
SiouxLax
All-Conference
All-Conference
SiouxLax

Number of posts : 830

Final Four Empty
PostSubject: Re: Final Four   Final Four EmptyTue May 27, 2008 11:52 am

Im pretty sure I called the final four right and I would have had the whole thing right if Duke would have beat Hopkins. All the games were sick though...but that UVA vs SU was insane!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.undlacrosse.com
bigpattyboy36
All-Conference
All-Conference
bigpattyboy36

Final Four Empty
PostSubject: Re: Final Four   Final Four EmptyTue May 27, 2008 1:37 pm

SiouxLax wrote:
Im pretty sure I called the final four right and I would have had the whole thing right if Duke would have beat Hopkins. All the games were sick though...but that UVA vs SU was insane!!!

yea of the 5 games UVA v. SU was definetly the best. Its hard to top a game that goes into overtime, but there really wasnt a dull moment the entire game.
Back to top Go down
JordanEC23
Varsity
Varsity
JordanEC23

Number of posts : 301
Registration date : 2007-05-13

Final Four Empty
PostSubject: Re: Final Four   Final Four EmptyTue May 27, 2008 8:05 pm

Yea UVA vs SU game was defintely the most entertaining. Everyone was on their feet the last 15 minutes, intense. I was extremely dissappointed that Duke lost on Saturday as well as UVA, but thank god 'Cuse beat Hopkins. Mikey Powell parked the car next to me on Monday! I should've had him sign my free bobblehead from Friday, damn.
Back to top Go down
Guru
Guru

Final Four Empty
PostSubject: Re: Final Four   Final Four EmptyTue May 27, 2008 10:48 pm

OMG WHAT CAR DID HE DRIVE!?!??!?!?!

*awaits response so he can buy the same exact one so he can play just like MP*!!*!*!*!*

- sarcasm -

its so funny to read about the MP fanboys online now
Back to top Go down
JordanEC23
Varsity
Varsity
JordanEC23

Final Four Empty
PostSubject: Re: Final Four   Final Four EmptyWed May 28, 2008 12:18 am

About the last half of my post was sarcasm. Crying or Very sad I wasn't one of the people who yelled to him "Yo Mikey!" like I'm a long lost friend.
Back to top Go down
SiouxLax
All-Conference
All-Conference
SiouxLax

Number of posts : 830

Final Four Empty
PostSubject: Re: Final Four   Final Four EmptyWed May 28, 2008 1:21 am

The first day there we parked next to some people from MA. The guy looked at my license plate and was like..."you drove here from Wisconsin?" I just said "Yep" and he's like...."no shit?!, that's crazy."

People still must not think lacrosse has gotten out here yet.
Back to top Go down
http://www.undlacrosse.com
JordanEC23
Varsity
Varsity
JordanEC23

Final Four Empty
PostSubject: Re: Final Four   Final Four EmptyWed May 28, 2008 1:55 am

SiouxLax wrote:
The first day there we parked next to some people from MA. The guy looked at my license plate and was like..."you drove here from Wisconsin?" I just said "Yep" and he's like...."no shit?!, that's crazy."

People still must not think lacrosse has gotten out here yet.

Heh, yeah I had that a couple of times with my Wisconsin stuff on. "I guess if it's in Wisconsin it must be everywhere now."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Final Four Empty
PostSubject: Re: Final Four   Final Four Empty

Back to top Go down

Final Four
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next