Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

State 08

Go down 
+22
Ron Mexico
snhu21
Jaron
Delldorado
RunninMan12
Battleaxe
Photoguy!
ahslax36
Lax11
thecorster1234
Guru
vtowngirlslax16
Butters
RiDE
foxmotox643
JordanEC23
SiouxLax
gbpackers12
bigpattyboy36
WiscoLax
Jack
AHSLAXISBALLIN
26 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Which reaining team do you pick to win State?
Arrowhead
State 08 Vote_lcap29%State 08 Vote_rcap
 29% [ 15 ]
Waunakee
State 08 Vote_lcap35%State 08 Vote_rcap
 35% [ 18 ]
Middleton
State 08 Vote_lcap10%State 08 Vote_rcap
 10% [ 5 ]
Wausau
State 08 Vote_lcap26%State 08 Vote_rcap
 26% [ 14 ]
Total Votes : 52

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
AHSLAXISBALLIN
Freshman
Freshman
AHSLAXISBALLIN

Number of posts : 53
Registration date : 2007-05-18

State 08 Empty
PostSubject: State 08   State 08 EmptyTue Jun 03, 2008 4:04 pm

Which team do you think will win it all?

What are the reasons they are going to win? (ie. strengths, weaknesses... look at Jack's post)

Last edited by AHSLAXISBALLIN on Tue Jun 03, 2008 11:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Jack
Admin
Jack

Number of posts : 741
Registration date : 2007-05-11

State 08 Empty
PostSubject: Re: State 08   State 08 EmptyTue Jun 03, 2008 6:15 pm

Arrowhead @ Waunakee:

Attack: Even
Arrowhead has AC Player Zach Rigsby, and is complimented by Rory Petry, both outstanding attackmen.
Waunakee has Jared Woock, 1st Team AC in MALA, and Chris Severson, 2nd Team AC in Mala. Watch out for Woock, he can fly

Midfield: Waunakee
Waunakee's midfield is more athletic, and has better sticks, but Arrowheads is more physical. If Waunakee is able to move the ball up the field quickly, Arrowhead will be in trouble, but if they can pressure Waunakees clear in the midfield area, we're in for a fun game.

Defense: Waunakee
Tyler Brewster was 2nd Team All Conference in MALA, I feel that any of their starting three poles could've been AC. They have great sticks, especially clearing, and Arrowheads just aren't at the same level

Goalie: Arrowhead
Brad Duerwacther is a better goalie fundamentally than Hoeft from Waunakee. I'm not sure Duerwacther is better in clearing, but he'll keep Arrowhead in the game if its close.

OVERALL:
Waunakee 8
Arrowhead 7

This is such a tough game to pick, Waunakee seems to be the more athletic squad, and seems to have better offensive and defensive strategies. It will be a barnburner--thats for sure.
Back to top Go down
http://www.wisconsinlax.aforumfree.com
AHSLAXISBALLIN
Freshman
Freshman
AHSLAXISBALLIN

State 08 Empty
PostSubject: Re: State 08   State 08 EmptyTue Jun 03, 2008 8:05 pm

Jack wrote:
Arrowhead @ Waunakee:

Arrowhead has AC Player Zach Rigsby, and is complimented by Rory Petry, both outstanding attackmen.
Waunakee has Jared Woock, 1st Team AC in MALA, and Chris Severson, 2nd Team AC in Mala. Watch out for Woock, he can fly

Waunakee's midfield is more athletic, and has better sticks, but Arrowheads is more physical. If Waunakee is able to move the ball up the field quickly, Arrowhead will be in trouble, but if they can pressure Waunakees clear in the midfield area, we're in for a fun game.

Tyler Brewster was 2nd Team All Conference in MALA, I feel that any of their starting three poles could've been AC. They have great sticks, especially clearing, and Arrowheads just aren't at the same level

Brad Duerwacther is a better goalie fundamentally than Hoeft from Waunakee. I'm not sure Duerwacther is better in clearing, but he'll keep Arrowhead in the game if its close.

OVERALL:
Waunakee 8
Arrowhead 7

This is such a tough game to pick, Waunakee seems to be the more athletic squad, and seems to have better offensive and defensive strategies. It will be a barnburner--thats for sure.

Petry is actually playing on the midfield side of the ball this year. As for attack, also watch out for Jesse Frank... He has played lower than my expectations this year and watch for him to have a breakout game against Waunakee.

Pressuring the midfield on clears is something the Arrowhead Middies have done very well in the past few weeks. Watch for this to be a major focal point of the game.

As for Brad... he is a decent goalie fundamentaly wise but he tends to have problems when he comes out of the net. He is very accurate with his passes but tends to drop the ball inexplicably at times.

Watch for this game to be a very well coached game on both sides of the ball. Both teams are sure to make incredible adjustments.
Back to top Go down
WiscoLax
Freshman
Freshman
WiscoLax

Number of posts : 71
Registration date : 2008-04-23

State 08 Empty
PostSubject: Re: State 08   State 08 EmptyTue Jun 03, 2008 8:17 pm

Should be a great game, first game of the year for both teams was the only time they met and arrowhead barely slipped by with a 10-9 win. By the voting it looks like whoever can come out on top wednesday should be the favorite team come the championship game.
Back to top Go down
bigpattyboy36
All-Conference
All-Conference
bigpattyboy36

Number of posts : 579
Registration date : 2007-05-12

State 08 Empty
PostSubject: Re: State 08   State 08 EmptyTue Jun 03, 2008 10:27 pm

Jack wrote:
Arrowhead @ Waunakee:

OVERALL:
Waunakee 8
Arrowhead 7

I'd say both of these teams are pretty even, but i beleive that waunakee has the edge.

Waunakee - 11
AHS - 8

jack, i'm not so sure your estimate on duerwacther is correct. I have played with Hoeft in the past, and i've seen duerwacther play between the two of them i would give hoeft the edge. david(hoeft) is more athletic and has better stick skills(two things Duerwacther did not demonstrate very well in the games i've seen him play).

granted: i have not seen Hoeft play this year, but i'd put money on him being a better keeper than duerwacther.
Back to top Go down
gbpackers12
Freshman
Freshman
gbpackers12

Number of posts : 61
Registration date : 2008-04-11

State 08 Empty
PostSubject: Re: State 08   State 08 EmptyTue Jun 03, 2008 11:01 pm

predictions for the game at wausau?

predictions for the finals?
Back to top Go down
SiouxLax
All-Conference
All-Conference
SiouxLax

Number of posts : 830

State 08 Empty
PostSubject: Re: State 08   State 08 EmptyTue Jun 03, 2008 11:15 pm

I think AHS will win over Waunakee in a very tight game. I think Wausau will take Middleton.

I also like AHS over Wausau(if that's the final game).

I think who ever wins tomorrow(AHS or Wauankee) is going to take the state title.
Back to top Go down
http://www.undlacrosse.com
AHSLAXISBALLIN
Freshman
Freshman
AHSLAXISBALLIN

State 08 Empty
PostSubject: Re: State 08   State 08 EmptyTue Jun 03, 2008 11:32 pm

I actualy am going to go with Middleton here. i'll say they will snap out of their "funk" their in and pull it all together for that one game... if that happens though, I see a similar final to last years state championship

Last edited by AHSLAXISBALLIN on Thu Jun 05, 2008 10:12 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
JordanEC23
Varsity
Varsity
JordanEC23

Number of posts : 301
Registration date : 2007-05-13

State 08 Empty
PostSubject: Re: State 08   State 08 EmptyWed Jun 04, 2008 12:14 am

I'll be pulling for Waunakee, but I think the AHS game will not be easy.

Also, anyone interested in having a WLF tailgate on saturday, maybe say starting around 11-Noonish gives at least an hour before the 3rd place Varsity Men's game? Perhaps a chance to further publicize the forums as well as eat brats? afro
Back to top Go down
Jack
Admin
Jack

State 08 Empty
PostSubject: Re: State 08   State 08 EmptyWed Jun 04, 2008 1:42 am

I'm in Jordan.
Back to top Go down
foxmotox643
Freshman
Freshman
foxmotox643

Number of posts : 52
Registration date : 2007-05-19

State 08 Empty
PostSubject: Re: State 08   State 08 EmptyWed Jun 04, 2008 2:42 am

Everyone forgets or maybe wasnt at the first game with Waunakee and Arrowhead, it was all Arrowhead through the first half like 8-2 somethim like that. A late run and Waunakee was at 10-9, and also Arrowhead is playing their best lacrosse and has never lost in the post season leading up to the state championship. And i dont which Arrowhead defense you have been watching but it's not last years but they are good and athletic.
Back to top Go down
RiDE
Varsity
Varsity
RiDE

Number of posts : 448

State 08 Empty
PostSubject: Re: State 08   State 08 EmptyWed Jun 04, 2008 9:10 am

JordanEC23 wrote:

Also, anyone interested in having a WLF tailgate on saturday, maybe say starting around 11-Noonish gives at least an hour before the 3rd place Varsity Men's game? Perhaps a chance to further publicize the forums as well as eat brats? afro

we had a team party last week and 200 brats were provided by a local liqour store. maybe you guys could work out a sponsorship type of thing like that.
Back to top Go down
SiouxLax
All-Conference
All-Conference
SiouxLax

State 08 Empty
PostSubject: Re: State 08   State 08 EmptyWed Jun 04, 2008 9:30 am

JordanEC23 wrote:

I'm game also.
Back to top Go down
Butters
Varsity
Varsity

Number of posts : 352
Registration date : 2007-09-15

State 08 Empty
PostSubject: Re: State 08   State 08 EmptyWed Jun 04, 2008 11:57 am

foxmotox643 wrote:
Everyone forgets or maybe wasnt at the first game with Waunakee and Arrowhead, it was all Arrowhead through the first half like 8-2 somethim like that. A late run and Waunakee was at 10-9, and also Arrowhead is playing their best lacrosse and has never lost in the post season leading up to the state championship. And i dont which Arrowhead defense you have been watching but it's not last years but they are good and athletic.
You seem to forget Marquette shalacking you in 2006, then you guys beating them in playoffs. Anything can happen.
Back to top Go down
SiouxLax
All-Conference
All-Conference
SiouxLax

State 08 Empty
PostSubject: Re: State 08   State 08 EmptyWed Jun 04, 2008 11:59 am

Yep..plus that was AHS and Waunakee's first game of the season.
Back to top Go down
Jack
Admin
Jack

State 08 Empty
PostSubject: Re: State 08   State 08 EmptyWed Jun 04, 2008 5:34 pm

Anyone know WHERE exactly the Waunakee - Arrowhead game is tonight, and what time?
Back to top Go down
vtowngirlslax16
Rookie
Rookie
vtowngirlslax16

Number of posts : 42
Registration date : 2007-05-19

State 08 Empty
PostSubject: Re: State 08   State 08 EmptyWed Jun 04, 2008 8:25 pm

Just to let everyone know there is a Girls All-Star Game on Saturday at 11:00 at the Middleton football stadium before the boys games start.
Back to top Go down
Guru
Guru

Number of posts : 204
Registration date : 2007-06-01

State 08 Empty
PostSubject: Re: State 08   State 08 EmptyWed Jun 04, 2008 8:49 pm

wasn't at the game, got a text that arrowhead beat waunakee...
Back to top Go down
SiouxLax
All-Conference
All-Conference
SiouxLax

State 08 Empty
PostSubject: Re: State 08   State 08 EmptyWed Jun 04, 2008 9:03 pm

Tied at 7-7. AHS scored the winning goal with less than 30 seconds left.
Back to top Go down
SiouxLax
All-Conference
All-Conference
SiouxLax

State 08 Empty
PostSubject: Re: State 08   State 08 EmptyWed Jun 04, 2008 9:04 pm

vtowngirlslax16 wrote:
Just to let everyone know there is a Girls All-Star Game on Saturday at 11:00 at the Middleton football stadium before the boys games start.

I'll be there.
Back to top Go down
thecorster1234
Rookie
Rookie
thecorster1234

Number of posts : 25

State 08 Empty
PostSubject: Re: State 08   State 08 EmptyWed Jun 04, 2008 10:07 pm

anyone know the result of the wausau middleton game???
Back to top Go down
Lax11
Rookie
Rookie

Number of posts : 41
Registration date : 2008-02-27

State 08 Empty
PostSubject: Re: State 08   State 08 EmptyWed Jun 04, 2008 10:10 pm

game isn't till tomorrow i believe
Back to top Go down
thecorster1234
Rookie
Rookie
thecorster1234

Number of posts : 25

State 08 Empty
PostSubject: Re: State 08   State 08 EmptyWed Jun 04, 2008 10:15 pm

O...well thank you for that insight kind sir
Back to top Go down
ahslax36
Rookie
Rookie
ahslax36

Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2008-04-17

State 08 Empty
PostSubject: Re: State 08   State 08 EmptyWed Jun 04, 2008 10:46 pm

Arrowhead beat Waunakee

Outstanding game, it was insane...Arrowhead attackmen scored the go ahead goal with 27 seconds
Back to top Go down
AHSLAXISBALLIN
Freshman
Freshman
AHSLAXISBALLIN

State 08 Empty
PostSubject: Re: State 08   State 08 EmptyWed Jun 04, 2008 10:50 pm

The AHS waunakee game was incredible. First off I want to say that the Waunakee guys really had great support from their community and a ton of people showed up.

Arrowhead started off the game with a quick 3-0 lead. Waunakee comes back to make it 3-2. The rest of the game they seem to be one behind until about halfway through the 4th when they tied up the game at 6. I can't remember exactly how they scored, but it ended up being 6-6 with about 3 min left.

Arrowhead put in a goal around 2:20 left and was riding high, they possesed it in the box until Zach Rigsby was pushed out of the box at around 1:35 and Waunakee went down and scored a the equalizer. Mark Howard called for a stick check after the goal. Waunakee's #3 Midfield clearly pulled his strings as he heard his number being called. Sid Jones did not see this and Howard was Irrate... Stick ended up legal. Even worse, Arrowhead was called for a penalty on top of the goal and had to play man down. well with about 40 seconds left, Arrowhead gets the ball knocked away and Waunakee's goalie goes to clear and throws it out of bounds. Matt Berger gets it and beats his defender, he draws the slide and dishes it to David Clarck about 2 ft off of the crease, he winds up for what seems like a full minute and puts the ball in for the game-winner.

8-7

It was a great game and Waunakee put up a heck of a fight. I don't know if this is exactly how it happened, but it was the jist of the final minute or so.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

State 08 Empty
PostSubject: Re: State 08   State 08 Empty

Back to top Go down

State 08
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next