Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Milkmen Lacrosse Sponsored By Heineken

Go down 
+5
Jaron
thedamnedfan
Butters
tommielax3
Jack
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Jack
Admin
Jack

Number of posts : 741
Registration date : 2007-05-11

Milkmen Lacrosse Sponsored By Heineken Empty
PostSubject: Milkmen Lacrosse Sponsored By Heineken   Milkmen Lacrosse Sponsored By Heineken EmptyTue Jun 17, 2008 6:29 pm

I just wanted to formally announce the rawest and baddest Mens Lacrosse team ever.

The Milkmen are a team comprised of 22 College Men representing 7 States. We'll be playing our first official games as a team this weekend at Brewtown.

We would like to thank Heineken and Miller Brands for their generosity in sponsoring our team! You'll see us out and about at the tournament with our Heineken garb.

We play at 10:30 Saturday vs the Cougar Apprehension Squad.

Come over to the Mens field after/before your game and take a look at the best lacrosse team ever assembled in this state.

Once we have a chance we'll post our uniforms... They are going to blow your collective minds.

Here is a sneak peak of our banner, which will be on our sideline at all times.

Milkmen Lacrosse Sponsored By Heineken N1293750244307949728573ck5.th

A few friendly Wisc Lax Forums faces are on the Milkmen. Look for the following:

Jaron (#22)
Jack (#2)
Dwinschamps (#50)
Butters (#14)
Schnirro4 (#4)
KevinBice (#7)
V-TownLax19 (#5)
runninman12 (#12)

Last edited by Jack on Wed Jun 18, 2008 7:25 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.wisconsinlax.aforumfree.com
tommielax3
Rookie
Rookie
tommielax3

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2008-06-13

PostSubject: Re: Milkmen Lacrosse Sponsored By Heineken   Milkmen Lacrosse Sponsored By Heineken EmptyTue Jun 17, 2008 6:45 pm

out of curiousity, were there tryouts for this team or invite only? Is this just a Milwaukee/Madison thing?
Back to top Go down
Butters
Varsity
Varsity

Number of posts : 352
Registration date : 2007-09-15

PostSubject: Re: Milkmen Lacrosse Sponsored By Heineken   Milkmen Lacrosse Sponsored By Heineken EmptyTue Jun 17, 2008 7:35 pm

Well it started as a Verona Alumni team for BSG 2 summers ago. We had to pick up a few Middleton Alumni to round out the roster. Then last summer it just kind of expanded based on who we lost, and who knew players currently on the team.
Back to top Go down
thedamnedfan
All-Conference
All-Conference
thedamnedfan

Number of posts : 799

PostSubject: Re: Milkmen Lacrosse Sponsored By Heineken   Milkmen Lacrosse Sponsored By Heineken EmptyTue Jun 17, 2008 8:05 pm

Would have been a little cooler if you had snagged New Glarus as your sponsor and what not... Spotted Cow and all.
Back to top Go down
Jack
Admin
Jack

PostSubject: Re: Milkmen Lacrosse Sponsored By Heineken   Milkmen Lacrosse Sponsored By Heineken EmptyTue Jun 17, 2008 9:23 pm

Haha its not affiliated with the verona alumni team at all except that it has a few verona alums on the team...its a group of friends from the midwest who all know each other through lacrosse and now wanted to start the nastiest mens select lax team ever.

We don't have tryouts, we started with a base roster last summer (as the channel 4 news team) and dropped a few players, and replaced each player with someone else who dangles even more. If you would like to be considered for the team in the future (we are going to be travelling a little. Possible locations include vegas, hawaii, colorado, florida etc) let us know somehow and maybe we can see you play.

Go Milkmen
Back to top Go down
thedamnedfan
All-Conference
All-Conference
thedamnedfan

PostSubject: Re: Milkmen Lacrosse Sponsored By Heineken   Milkmen Lacrosse Sponsored By Heineken EmptyTue Jun 17, 2008 11:37 pm

There is a nasty mens tourament this winter in Jamacia... tons of teams and stuff. Sounds like super nasty lacrosse, not to mention its Jamacia.
Back to top Go down
Butters
Varsity
Varsity

PostSubject: Re: Milkmen Lacrosse Sponsored By Heineken   Milkmen Lacrosse Sponsored By Heineken EmptyWed Jun 18, 2008 9:05 am

Jack wrote:
Haha its not affiliated with the verona alumni team at all except that it has a few verona alums on the team...
Almost half our team played on that Verona Alumni team at BSG...
Back to top Go down
tommielax3
Rookie
Rookie
tommielax3

PostSubject: Re: Milkmen Lacrosse Sponsored By Heineken   Milkmen Lacrosse Sponsored By Heineken EmptyWed Jun 18, 2008 10:53 am

Butters wrote:
Jack wrote:
Haha its not affiliated with the verona alumni team at all except that it has a few verona alums on the team...
Almost half our team played on that Verona Alumni team at BSG...

Was this the BSG games where Verona Alumni played a team from Green Bay and if I remember correctly, a member of the UofM had a very hard hit on a member of St. Thomas?

Jack-I would like to be considered, i play defensive middie and am looking for a place to play. Anything I should do? I can make a weekend trip to play a pick up game down there.
Back to top Go down
Butters
Varsity
Varsity

PostSubject: Re: Milkmen Lacrosse Sponsored By Heineken   Milkmen Lacrosse Sponsored By Heineken EmptyWed Jun 18, 2008 10:56 am

tommielax3 wrote:
Was this the BSG games where Verona Alumni played a team from Green Bay and if I remember correctly, a member of the UofM had a very hard hit on a member of St. Thomas?
That's very possible. That was the only BSG Verona Alumni played in and we had a couple of UM players on the team.
Back to top Go down
Jaron
Admin
Jaron

Number of posts : 480

PostSubject: Re: Milkmen Lacrosse Sponsored By Heineken   Milkmen Lacrosse Sponsored By Heineken EmptyWed Jun 18, 2008 11:19 am

Aside from a few years ago, today we are not affiliated as a Verona Alumni team in the least, although a large chunk of our players are derived from their.
Back to top Go down
tommielax3
Rookie
Rookie
tommielax3

PostSubject: Re: Milkmen Lacrosse Sponsored By Heineken   Milkmen Lacrosse Sponsored By Heineken EmptyWed Jun 18, 2008 11:35 am

Butters wrote:
tommielax3 wrote:
That's very possible. That was the only BSG Verona Alumni played in and we had a couple of UM players on the team.

Ok, the player was me and I still remember running up the field not looking to my left and as soon as I looked left, I was hit by a player from the UM. Trying to figure out who it might be, the player was either middie or attack.

Good luck to the Milkmen this summer.
Back to top Go down
Butters
Varsity
Varsity

PostSubject: Re: Milkmen Lacrosse Sponsored By Heineken   Milkmen Lacrosse Sponsored By Heineken EmptyWed Jun 18, 2008 1:27 pm

tommielax3 wrote:
Butters wrote:
tommielax3 wrote:

Ok, the player was me and I still remember running up the field not looking to my left and as soon as I looked left, I was hit by a player from the UM. Trying to figure out who it might be, the player was either middie or attack.

Good luck to the Milkmen this summer.
Hmm if it was a middie or an attackmen I believe the only possibility is Kevin Bice. The other two U of M guys we had at that tournament were both Dpoles.
Back to top Go down
SiouxLax
All-Conference
All-Conference
SiouxLax

Number of posts : 830

PostSubject: Re: Milkmen Lacrosse Sponsored By Heineken   Milkmen Lacrosse Sponsored By Heineken EmptyWed Jun 18, 2008 2:04 pm

If you guys don't go undefeated in this touny...NO COOKIES.
Back to top Go down
http://www.undlacrosse.com
DwinsChamps
Varsity
Varsity
DwinsChamps

Number of posts : 335
Registration date : 2007-05-14

PostSubject: Re: Milkmen Lacrosse Sponsored By Heineken   Milkmen Lacrosse Sponsored By Heineken EmptyWed Jun 18, 2008 2:31 pm

SiouxLax wrote:

Agreed. It will be a personal dissapointment if we allow more than 4 goals in any game. Once we find a way to all be on the same page when we're on the field, i don't see how any team will have the firepower to beat us. Of course, Sid Flanders will surely be there to decide the outcome as he sees fit.
Back to top Go down
tommielax3
Rookie
Rookie
tommielax3

PostSubject: Re: Milkmen Lacrosse Sponsored By Heineken   Milkmen Lacrosse Sponsored By Heineken EmptyWed Jun 18, 2008 2:56 pm

DwinsChamps wrote:
SiouxLax wrote:

Agreed. It will be a personal dissapointment if we allow more than 4 goals in any game. Once we find a way to all be on the same page when we're on the field, i don't see how any team will have the firepower to beat us. Of course, Sid Flanders will surely be there to decide the outcome as he sees fit.

Are the Milkmen going up to MN to play at all this summer? I wouldn't mind visiting some friends up there and watch you all play..or if you play somewhere close to home after Brewtown
Back to top Go down
KevinBice
Freshman
Freshman
KevinBice

Number of posts : 70
Registration date : 2007-05-29

PostSubject: Re: Milkmen Lacrosse Sponsored By Heineken   Milkmen Lacrosse Sponsored By Heineken EmptyWed Jun 18, 2008 4:15 pm

Butters wrote:
[Hmm if it was a middie or an attackmen I believe the only possibility is Kevin Bice. The other two U of M guys we had at that tournament were both Dpoles.

I wish I could take credit for it but I highly doubt it was me... I was playing with a sprained AC joint in my shoulder that tourney and remember being in serious pain after only bumping into a player. I doubt I would have been stupid enough to try a full-out body check.
Back to top Go down
http://www.minnesotalacrosse.org
Butters
Varsity
Varsity

PostSubject: Re: Milkmen Lacrosse Sponsored By Heineken   Milkmen Lacrosse Sponsored By Heineken EmptyWed Jun 18, 2008 4:32 pm

Well when he said big hit, my first thought would have been one of the Rohrer's. But he said attackmen or middie. I bet it was a Rohrer playing LSM.
Back to top Go down
thedamnedfan
All-Conference
All-Conference
thedamnedfan

PostSubject: Re: Milkmen Lacrosse Sponsored By Heineken   Milkmen Lacrosse Sponsored By Heineken EmptyWed Jun 18, 2008 4:37 pm

I only remember one really big hit and that was from Trevor... but I swore that was against Sun Prairie.

Rocked him so hard his helmet came off.
Back to top Go down
#4middie
Rookie
Rookie

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2008-06-12

PostSubject: Re: Milkmen Lacrosse Sponsored By Heineken   Milkmen Lacrosse Sponsored By Heineken EmptyWed Jun 18, 2008 7:27 pm

when do you guys play @ brewtown?

im down to watch
Back to top Go down
http://waunakeelax.org
Jack
Admin
Jack

PostSubject: Re: Milkmen Lacrosse Sponsored By Heineken   Milkmen Lacrosse Sponsored By Heineken EmptyWed Jun 18, 2008 10:15 pm

10:30 vs Cougar Apprehension Squad
1:45 vs Westside

Both games are on Youth Field #2 (in the past its been the one on the far west side of the complex)
Back to top Go down
KevinBice
Freshman
Freshman
KevinBice

Number of posts : 70
Registration date : 2007-05-29

PostSubject: Re: Milkmen Lacrosse Sponsored By Heineken   Milkmen Lacrosse Sponsored By Heineken EmptyThu Jun 19, 2008 12:10 am

Butters wrote:
I bet it was a Rohrer playing LSM.

I'm trying to picture this, and all I can equivocate it to is Prince Fielder running cross-country. Thanks for a good laugh, Butters.

I think the chances of me hitting someone with a severely sprained shoulder are much better than ever seeing a Rohrer run midfield.
Back to top Go down
http://www.minnesotalacrosse.org
Butters
Varsity
Varsity

PostSubject: Re: Milkmen Lacrosse Sponsored By Heineken   Milkmen Lacrosse Sponsored By Heineken EmptyThu Jun 19, 2008 1:01 am

If only you had been there at Ubay to see Jack do a fake pass, and Rohrer turn and start moving in the other direction. Then my comment would be even more amusing.
Back to top Go down
Jack
Admin
Jack

PostSubject: Re: Milkmen Lacrosse Sponsored By Heineken   Milkmen Lacrosse Sponsored By Heineken EmptyThu Jun 19, 2008 12:25 pm

Lol what comment is that Butters?
Back to top Go down
Butters
Varsity
Varsity

PostSubject: Re: Milkmen Lacrosse Sponsored By Heineken   Milkmen Lacrosse Sponsored By Heineken EmptyThu Jun 19, 2008 12:37 pm

The one about a Rohrer playing midfield. Seeing him be utterly demoralized by you only adds to the laughter of him playing midfield.
Back to top Go down
DwinsChamps
Varsity
Varsity
DwinsChamps

Number of posts : 335
Registration date : 2007-05-14

PostSubject: Re: Milkmen Lacrosse Sponsored By Heineken   Milkmen Lacrosse Sponsored By Heineken EmptyThu Jun 19, 2008 2:20 pm

Whatever. If PeteyPie Rohrer played middie from day 1, he'd be the starting fogo at Ithaca.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Milkmen Lacrosse Sponsored By Heineken   Milkmen Lacrosse Sponsored By Heineken Empty

Back to top Go down

Milkmen Lacrosse Sponsored By Heineken
Page 1 of 1