Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Coaches Association

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
tdarcy
Freshman
Freshman

Number of posts : 73
Registration date : 2007-05-11

Coaches Association Empty
PostSubject: Coaches Association   Coaches Association EmptyTue Jul 01, 2008 1:28 pm

I've been thinking about this for some time...would appreciate any feedback from both players and especially coaches. It appears to me that the WLF has not had a strategic plan since was established. I think that is because the organization seems to be getting bogged down with the high school game details, when it should be focusing on growing the sport with new teams at the youth, girls, and high school level. I'd like to start the ball rolling in setting up a coaches' association to handle all aspects of the high school game, so that WLF can become more strategic with growing the sport, providing educational opportunities, and being the parent organization that oversees the recognition to deserving young athletes and coaches. I figure any coaches' association would be complementary to the WLF...much like the football, basketball and hockey coaches' associations are partnered with the WIAA. Ideas and/or comments and suggestions? Send them to me via PM or to tdarcy@aol.com
Back to top Go down
KevinBice
Freshman
Freshman
KevinBice

Number of posts : 70
Registration date : 2007-05-29

PostSubject: Re: Coaches Association   Coaches Association EmptyTue Jul 01, 2008 5:52 pm

I think it's a great idea, Tom, and is something that certainly needs to happen if we're going to see HS lacrosse in Wisconsin continue to improve by leaps and bounds.

They have a Coaches' Association set up for MN lacrosse up here but it has seemed to me to be rather unorganized so far. I think it could be a great tool if it is set up correctly and I would like to see something like it put in place in Wisconsin.

Having a C.A. could help to do things like get all conferences on the same page for All-Conference list criteria.... something that has been a bit of a sore spot with people after this year's lists were announced. It would also help the sport in the eyes of the WIAA when they're considering it for varsity status down the road.

Anything I can do to help, just give me a holler.
Back to top Go down
http://www.minnesotalacrosse.org
KevinBice
Freshman
Freshman
KevinBice

Number of posts : 70
Registration date : 2007-05-29

PostSubject: Re: Coaches Association   Coaches Association EmptySun Aug 16, 2009 2:41 pm

All right fellas, had an idea earlier today and I'd like some input from players and any coaches on here as to how feasible it actually is.

The WL Coaches Association held a winter meeting last (January) and I'd assume they'll hold another one this year. Getting good speakers to come out is always a point of emphasis. But how do we draw top notch coaches from other parts of the country to the WLCA meeting?

I propose that the coaches from the three conferences compile pre-season AC lists. All players that make these lists are invited to come play in a showcase game held during the WLCA meeting weekend, and we could also have a handful of these players stick around to demo drills, offenses, etc during the coaches' presentations. This showcase game would entice coaches to attend as speakers since they could scout players as well as write off the trip as a recruiting expenditure. On the flip side, it's a great way to get WI players some extra exposure, and I doubt it would be tough to convince one of the coaches to speak to the kids about the recruiting process and how to be proactive about getting recruited.

The major problem I potentially see is finding a field to play on in the winter. Depending on where the meeting is held, there are severe limitations on the available facilities in the winter here in WI. Would people be willing to travel to the MN border to get dome access? Or IL? And how much would it be worth spending on this before the costs outweigh the benefits?
Back to top Go down
http://www.minnesotalacrosse.org
ownerer
Freshman
Freshman

Number of posts : 50
Registration date : 2007-06-25

PostSubject: indoor facilities   Coaches Association EmptyMon Aug 17, 2009 10:07 am

There is a facility in Appleton that has a full sized soccer Field and at the WI Dells I believes there is a new indoor facility associated with Chula Vista. What about the indoor place in Middleton where they play baseball and football. Not sure if any of these meet your need but just tossing them out there.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Coaches Association   Coaches Association Empty

Back to top Go down

Coaches Association
Page 1 of 1