Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

xbox live

Go down 
+8
RiDE
MUHS #30
KmLAX42
Butters
tommielax3
thedamnedfan
veronalax33
bigpattyboy36
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
bigpattyboy36
All-Conference
All-Conference
bigpattyboy36

Number of posts : 579
Registration date : 2007-05-12

xbox live Empty
PostSubject: xbox live   xbox live EmptyTue Jul 22, 2008 1:12 am

thread for xbox live, i think there are enough of us on here to discuss, at least for a little while. friend me b/c i have no friends: bigpattyboy36

huge halo3 fan working on cod4
Back to top Go down
veronalax33
JV
JV
veronalax33

Number of posts : 185
Registration date : 2007-09-24

xbox live Empty
PostSubject: Re: xbox live   xbox live EmptyTue Jul 22, 2008 11:45 am

once i pick up the money for it i'll most definitely be getting it.

I've already got COD4, but just wondering if there's what you guys have played online and reccommend getting.
Back to top Go down
bigpattyboy36
All-Conference
All-Conference
bigpattyboy36

xbox live Empty
PostSubject: Re: xbox live   xbox live EmptyTue Jul 22, 2008 1:23 pm

well fist you've got to establish a usable internet connection. for me that meant buying a new and more powerful wireless router. then you either hook it(xbox) up to the internet via ethernet cable or via the microsoft xbox360 wireless adapter. wait for the green light and go. after that you've just got to purchase a subscription which can be found on little gift-card thingys at walmart and best buy.
Back to top Go down
thedamnedfan
All-Conference
All-Conference
thedamnedfan

Number of posts : 799
Registration date : 2007-05-11

xbox live Empty
PostSubject: Re: xbox live   xbox live EmptyTue Jul 22, 2008 1:40 pm

I am on... just recently hooked up, its what I will be playing alot of since I cant walk because I just had surgery yesterday. ACL reconstruction, tore my ACL.

But yeah my gamertag is TheDamnedFan. Ive been mostly playing NHL 08. Just borrowed Halo 3, COD4 and some other games.
Back to top Go down
tommielax3
Rookie
Rookie
tommielax3

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2008-06-13

xbox live Empty
PostSubject: Re: xbox live   xbox live EmptyTue Jul 22, 2008 2:36 pm

bigpattyboy36 wrote:
well fist you've got to establish a usable internet connection. for me that meant buying a new and more powerful wireless router. then you either hook it(xbox) up to the internet via ethernet cable or via the microsoft xbox360 wireless adapter. wait for the green light and go. after that you've just got to purchase a subscription which can be found on little gift-card thingys at walmart and best buy.

how expensive was the stronger router?
Back to top Go down
Butters
Varsity
Varsity

Number of posts : 352
Registration date : 2007-09-15

xbox live Empty
PostSubject: Re: xbox live   xbox live EmptyTue Jul 22, 2008 3:41 pm

If you check out tigerdirect.com and newegg.com you'll find good prices. I'd recommend getting a Linksys N router. Like this one. Otherwise if you're looking for a cheaper option try this one.
Back to top Go down
veronalax33
JV
JV
veronalax33

Number of posts : 185
Registration date : 2007-09-24

xbox live Empty
PostSubject: Re: xbox live   xbox live EmptyTue Jul 22, 2008 3:57 pm

bigpattyboy36 wrote:

Already got a secure wireless internet connection through my house so I think I'm set in that regard. Where can I find the wireless adapter and what exactly do you mean by wait for the green light and go?
Back to top Go down
KmLAX42
Rookie
Rookie
KmLAX42

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2008-06-06

xbox live Empty
PostSubject: Re: xbox live   xbox live EmptyTue Jul 22, 2008 4:31 pm

Butters wrote:
If you check out tigerdirect.com and newegg.com you'll find good prices. I'd recommend getting a Linksys N router. Like this one. Otherwise if you're looking for a cheaper option try this one.

Buying a "N" strength router would be pointless unless he has an N connection. The way it works with routers is, a G router for example can pick up any signal weaker or equivalent to a G signal, an N router can pick up any signal weaker or equivalent to an N signal. If he doesn't have an N connection he's wasting his money getting a G connection out of a more expensive router.
Back to top Go down
tommielax3
Rookie
Rookie
tommielax3

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2008-06-13

xbox live Empty
PostSubject: Re: xbox live   xbox live EmptyTue Jul 22, 2008 4:57 pm

KmLAX42 wrote:
Butters wrote:

Buying a "N" strength router would be pointless unless he has an N connection. The way it works with routers is, a G router for example can pick up any signal weaker or equivalent to a G signal, an N router can pick up any signal weaker or equivalent to an N signal. If he doesn't have an N connection he's wasting his money getting a G connection out of a more expensive router.

did not know that, thanks. any ideas if signal strength is not the greatest and ethernet connection is the same. Has anybody used Geek Squad to help with their connection? If my memory serves me right, I believe our problem was not picking the IP address up
Back to top Go down
Butters
Varsity
Varsity

xbox live Empty
PostSubject: Re: xbox live   xbox live EmptyTue Jul 22, 2008 6:38 pm

KmLAX42 wrote:
Wrong. Router's don't "pick up" connections. They route your internet connection to it's intended destination (xbox, pc, laptop). Yes he'd need an N network card but you're wrong in it being pointless. N is quickly becoming standard therefore a good long term decision.
Back to top Go down
Butters
Varsity
Varsity

xbox live Empty
PostSubject: Re: xbox live   xbox live EmptyTue Jul 22, 2008 6:42 pm

tommielax3 wrote:
did not know that, thanks. any ideas if signal strength is not the greatest and ethernet connection is the same. Has anybody used Geek Squad to help with their connection? If my memory serves me right, I believe our problem was not picking the IP address up
Not picking the ip address up could be one of many things. If it's your ethernet connection having this problem you'd probably want to contact your ISP. If it's your wireless devices not picking up the IP address while your ethernet does you're usually too far on the edge of your router's range, meaning you can see your network but not connect to it because it can't get such information such as the IP.
Back to top Go down
MUHS #30
JV
JV
MUHS #30

Number of posts : 216

xbox live Empty
PostSubject: Re: xbox live   xbox live EmptyWed Jul 23, 2008 1:43 am

Butters wrote:

Strangely enough thats the exact one we got. Works great. PS-digital cammo on cod4 is awesome

pps- xboxlive name is hilltopper30 isnt that original?
Back to top Go down
RiDE
Varsity
Varsity
RiDE

Number of posts : 448

xbox live Empty
PostSubject: Re: xbox live   xbox live EmptyWed Jul 23, 2008 11:08 am

can you play vs ppl on xbox with a PC, cause i have CoD4 too. fair warning though, im really really bad at it Razz
Back to top Go down
Butters
Varsity
Varsity

xbox live Empty
PostSubject: Re: xbox live   xbox live EmptyWed Jul 23, 2008 11:29 am

RiDE wrote:
can you play vs ppl on xbox with a PC, cause i have CoD4 too. fair warning though, im really really bad at it Razz
Nope. Different variables go in to making the games for different systems so it wouldn't work.
Back to top Go down
bigpattyboy36
All-Conference
All-Conference
bigpattyboy36

xbox live Empty
PostSubject: Re: xbox live   xbox live EmptyWed Jul 23, 2008 4:07 pm

something to keep in mind with the internet routers is that xbox live runs at a wider bandwith than normal internet functions. i have been told that xboxlive can run at up to 5 times the bandwith of normal internet use on your computer. with the new needed space you need a powerful enough router.
Back to top Go down
RiDE
Varsity
Varsity
RiDE

xbox live Empty
PostSubject: Re: xbox live   xbox live EmptyThu Jul 24, 2008 12:30 pm

im not an expert, but I dont think the the limiting factor in bit rate is the computer or xbox in the vast majority of situations.
Back to top Go down
Butters
Varsity
Varsity

xbox live Empty
PostSubject: Re: xbox live   xbox live EmptyThu Aug 14, 2008 10:21 am

Well, I finally caved and bought an xbox 360 yesterday. Xbox live id - warhawklax19. 95% of the time I'll be on playing halo 3.
Back to top Go down
SiouxLax
All-Conference
All-Conference
SiouxLax

Number of posts : 830

xbox live Empty
PostSubject: Re: xbox live   xbox live EmptyThu Aug 14, 2008 12:09 pm

You should switch from halo to call of duty...much more fun.
Back to top Go down
http://www.undlacrosse.com
Butters
Varsity
Varsity

xbox live Empty
PostSubject: Re: xbox live   xbox live EmptyThu Aug 14, 2008 12:36 pm

My roommate has COD4, but to me it's not the same as Halo online. I've been playing Halo online since Halo CE (yes I was one of those nerds who played the original online with XBConnect). Just unbelievable. Unfortunately in taking a couple years off since hs and Halo 2, I just got owned playing online last night.
Back to top Go down
SiouxLax
All-Conference
All-Conference
SiouxLax

xbox live Empty
PostSubject: Re: xbox live   xbox live EmptyThu Aug 14, 2008 12:40 pm

Gotcha...I used to play Halo 3 a lot during school...but then COD came out and I haven't turned back. I tried playing Halo again and I just couldn't get used to it so I'm officially done with Halo.
Back to top Go down
RiDE
Varsity
Varsity
RiDE

xbox live Empty
PostSubject: Re: xbox live   xbox live EmptyThu Aug 14, 2008 1:18 pm

i decided cod4 is only worth playing on hardcore mode. if someone doesnt die when i shoot them i get really frustrated Razz
Back to top Go down
Butters
Varsity
Varsity

xbox live Empty
PostSubject: Re: xbox live   xbox live EmptyThu Aug 14, 2008 3:02 pm

Well being the loser I am, I friended everyone who posted their Live ID on here. You'll find me on Halo 3 for the next couple weeks until I beat everything, then on to a new endeavor.
Back to top Go down
SiouxLax
All-Conference
All-Conference
SiouxLax

xbox live Empty
PostSubject: Re: xbox live   xbox live EmptyFri Aug 15, 2008 1:16 am

RiDE wrote:
i decided cod4 is only worth playing on hardcore mode. if someone doesnt die when i shoot them i get really frustrated Razz

Thata boy...I love hardcore, specifically search and destroy.
Back to top Go down
thedamnedfan
All-Conference
All-Conference
thedamnedfan

Number of posts : 799

xbox live Empty
PostSubject: Re: xbox live   xbox live EmptyFri Aug 15, 2008 1:55 am

RiDE wrote:
if someone doesnt die when i shoot them i get really frustrated Razz

Stopping Power and Deep Impact are tey way to go, unless you are up against Juggernaut... stupid juggernaut.

God, I have become sucha COD4 geek.
Back to top Go down
bigpattyboy36
All-Conference
All-Conference
bigpattyboy36

xbox live Empty
PostSubject: Re: xbox live   xbox live EmptyFri Aug 15, 2008 2:07 am

i support geeks of WLF, butters and i were discussing such an idea tonight while playing halo, anybody wanna be a turbo geek and make a clan?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

xbox live Empty
PostSubject: Re: xbox live   xbox live Empty

Back to top Go down

xbox live
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next