Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Middleton is now a HS Sport

Go down 
+5
Jack
The Big Dipper
gbpackers12
SiouxLax
Guru
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Guru
Guru

Number of posts : 204
Registration date : 2007-06-01

Middleton is now a HS Sport Empty
PostSubject: Middleton is now a HS Sport   Middleton is now a HS Sport EmptyFri Jan 09, 2009 5:44 pm

It's official, statement being released on Monday
Back to top Go down
SiouxLax
All-Conference
All-Conference
SiouxLax

Number of posts : 830
Registration date : 2007-05-11

PostSubject: Re: Middleton is now a HS Sport   Middleton is now a HS Sport EmptyFri Jan 09, 2009 9:27 pm

Bout time
Back to top Go down
http://www.undlacrosse.com
gbpackers12
Freshman
Freshman
gbpackers12

Number of posts : 61
Registration date : 2008-04-11

PostSubject: Re: Middleton is now a HS Sport   Middleton is now a HS Sport EmptySat Jan 10, 2009 1:10 am

will there be grade problems now that stuff like that actually matters?
not to sound rude or any thing, because grades always matter.
Back to top Go down
The Big Dipper
JV
JV
The Big Dipper

Number of posts : 161
Registration date : 2008-04-14

PostSubject: Re: Middleton is now a HS Sport   Middleton is now a HS Sport EmptySat Jan 10, 2009 2:07 am

Negative, we will be fine, maybe a couple kids will struggle, but being a team I'm sure everyone would be more than happy to offer some help if it means keeping everyone eligible
Back to top Go down
Jack
Admin
Jack

Number of posts : 741

PostSubject: Re: Middleton is now a HS Sport   Middleton is now a HS Sport EmptySat Jan 10, 2009 9:56 am

Thats really good news. Congrats to my alma mater, I'm proud of it all.

Anyone have details? Do they get funding? etc
Back to top Go down
http://www.wisconsinlax.aforumfree.com
Guru
Guru

Number of posts : 204
Registration date : 2007-06-01

PostSubject: Re: Middleton is now a HS Sport   Middleton is now a HS Sport EmptySat Jan 10, 2009 2:57 pm

monday the details will come i assume with the press type release thing from the superintendent
Back to top Go down
Butters
Varsity
Varsity

Number of posts : 352
Registration date : 2007-09-15

PostSubject: Re: Middleton is now a HS Sport   Middleton is now a HS Sport EmptySat Jan 10, 2009 3:31 pm

I thought this was a done deal a while back? Blake told me about this about a month ago.
Back to top Go down
Jack
Admin
Jack

PostSubject: Re: Middleton is now a HS Sport   Middleton is now a HS Sport EmptySat Jan 10, 2009 4:18 pm

It was shot down a while back. Obviously he didn't have correct info.
Back to top Go down
DwinsChamps
Varsity
Varsity
DwinsChamps

Number of posts : 335
Registration date : 2007-05-14

PostSubject: Re: Middleton is now a HS Sport   Middleton is now a HS Sport EmptySat Jan 10, 2009 6:26 pm

take that, butters! wuahaha
Back to top Go down
Butters
Varsity
Varsity

PostSubject: Re: Middleton is now a HS Sport   Middleton is now a HS Sport EmptySun Jan 11, 2009 2:37 pm

Jack wrote:
It was shot down a while back. Obviously he didn't have correct info.
He said they were going to be a school sport this spring. They're going to be a school sport this spring. That's pretty correct to me. Him being a coach probably gave him more accurate information than what you may have heard.
Back to top Go down
relicdavis
Varsity
Varsity
relicdavis

Number of posts : 404
Registration date : 2007-06-30

PostSubject: Re: Middleton is now a HS Sport   Middleton is now a HS Sport EmptySun Jan 11, 2009 3:22 pm

I don't think Janesville will turn for another 5 or 6 years. They are too worried about there baseball players making the switch
Back to top Go down
http://www.JanesvilleLacrosse.com
The Big Dipper
JV
JV
The Big Dipper

PostSubject: Re: Middleton is now a HS Sport   Middleton is now a HS Sport EmptySun Jan 11, 2009 4:23 pm

He said they were going to be a school sport this spring. They're going to be a school sport this spring. That's pretty correct to me. Him being a coach probably gave him more accurate information than what you may have heard.[/quote]

I wouldn't call someone who came to maybe 5 practices and a couple games a coach..
Back to top Go down
Butters
Varsity
Varsity

PostSubject: Re: Middleton is now a HS Sport   Middleton is now a HS Sport EmptySun Jan 11, 2009 4:37 pm

He is going to be this coming season is what I was talking about. They already had the interviews for the coaches and he's going to be an assistant. So he was around for the discussions about the situation for this spring.
Back to top Go down
Jaron
Admin
Jaron

Number of posts : 480

PostSubject: Re: Middleton is now a HS Sport   Middleton is now a HS Sport EmptySun Jan 11, 2009 6:40 pm

As the information goes, not long ago everyone thought it was going to be a school sport. Then for a while, it didn't look like it was going to happen, and now it did happen. So although for a few weeks Butters information was wrong, it is now correct.
Back to top Go down
Jack
Admin
Jack

PostSubject: Re: Middleton is now a HS Sport   Middleton is now a HS Sport EmptyThu Jan 15, 2009 10:48 am

Did they ever come out with an official release on this?
Back to top Go down
Butters
Varsity
Varsity

PostSubject: Re: Middleton is now a HS Sport   Middleton is now a HS Sport EmptyThu Jan 15, 2009 11:21 am

If they did it'd probably just be in Middleton's city paper, or in a school district news letter.
Back to top Go down
The Big Dipper
JV
JV
The Big Dipper

PostSubject: Re: Middleton is now a HS Sport   Middleton is now a HS Sport EmptySat Jan 17, 2009 2:52 am

there hasn't been an "official" release on it yet... i talked to middleton's new coach today and he has already set up games to play against waunakee, wausau, and marquette so that will be good.
Back to top Go down
Jaron
Admin
Jaron

PostSubject: Re: Middleton is now a HS Sport   Middleton is now a HS Sport EmptySat Jan 17, 2009 5:13 am

The Big Dipper wrote:
there hasn't been an "official" release on it yet... i talked to middleton's new coach today and he has already set up games to play against waunakee, wausau, and marquette so that will be good.

You mean you were at your girlfriends house and he just "happened to be home?"
Back to top Go down
Jack
Admin
Jack

PostSubject: Re: Middleton is now a HS Sport   Middleton is now a HS Sport EmptySat Jan 17, 2009 2:46 pm

Either way, sounds like the new coach has his mind right and knows where to go with the program.
Back to top Go down
The Big Dipper
JV
JV
The Big Dipper

PostSubject: Re: Middleton is now a HS Sport   Middleton is now a HS Sport EmptyTue Jan 20, 2009 1:04 am

Jaron wrote:
The Big Dipper wrote:

You mean you were at your girlfriends house and he just "happened to be home?"

I don't know if you want me to take offense to that or what, but 95% of the people on here don't know my personal life. Sorry though, what would you like to hear me call him? Coach, or girlfriends dad... i mean its up to you since your the man
Back to top Go down
Jaron
Admin
Jaron

PostSubject: Re: Middleton is now a HS Sport   Middleton is now a HS Sport EmptyTue Jan 20, 2009 5:22 pm

Well TBD based off out conversation last night I'm not sure how to reply to your comments. Your welcome?
Back to top Go down
Jaron
Admin
Jaron

PostSubject: Re: Middleton is now a HS Sport   Middleton is now a HS Sport EmptyFri Jan 23, 2009 2:31 pm

There is now a pretty big article on this in the Wisconsin State Journal! Great job to Middleton and the Athletic Dept on making this happen.

As the article puts it, Middleton Lacrosse will now be following the WIAA code for athletics, even though the sport isn't state sanctioned. They are even charging admittance into games. Wild, never thought I would see the day, although now that I have, I wish it would have been during my tenure there!
Back to top Go down
SiouxLax
All-Conference
All-Conference
SiouxLax

Number of posts : 830

PostSubject: Re: Middleton is now a HS Sport   Middleton is now a HS Sport EmptyFri Jan 23, 2009 6:36 pm

Idk how I feel about them charging attendance...but I guess that's the schools call. But it seems that they are doing the same thing AHS and KM are doing(following all WIAA guidelines). It's a big step in the right direction since last I checked we need 35ish 'school sanctioned' teams to become a WIAA sport.
Back to top Go down
http://www.undlacrosse.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Middleton is now a HS Sport   Middleton is now a HS Sport Empty

Back to top Go down

Middleton is now a HS Sport
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: www.wiscolax.com-
Jump to: