Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
SB
Rookie
Rookie

Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2008-04-27

PostSubject: Re: 2009 High School Season -- Predictions and Banter   Mon Mar 09, 2009 6:30 pm

did wausau graduate that good lefty they had last year or no?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Delldorado
Freshman
Freshman

Number of posts : 58
Registration date : 2008-05-10

PostSubject: Re: 2009 High School Season -- Predictions and Banter   Mon Mar 09, 2009 9:48 pm

nate condon? yeah
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.WausauLacrosse.com
SB
Rookie
Rookie

PostSubject: Re: 2009 High School Season -- Predictions and Banter   Tue Mar 10, 2009 3:20 pm

idk which one he was but he was a lefty middie that was kinda tall.. but thanks
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nate
All-Conference
All-Conference

Number of posts : 570
Registration date : 2007-05-12

PostSubject: Re: 2009 High School Season -- Predictions and Banter   Tue Mar 10, 2009 4:00 pm

SB wrote:
idk which one he was but he was a lefty middie that was kinda tall.. but thanks

That would be Condon.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.stoughtonlacrosse.com
Delldorado
Freshman
Freshman

PostSubject: Re: 2009 High School Season -- Predictions and Banter   Fri Mar 13, 2009 9:54 pm

sure would
Back to top Go down
Hummel18
Rookie
Rookie

Number of posts : 42
Registration date : 2007-05-15

PostSubject: Re: 2009 High School Season -- Predictions and Banter   Sun Mar 15, 2009 12:58 am

Well i havent been on here in quite a long time so thought id say hi. and say that what jaron said on page 3 about how much better kids will get in college is completley true. i have learned more about the sport inhte past 5 months than i have since i left Boys Latin. its unbelieveable how much you dont know comming out of high school, espically in wisconsin. so id say that coaching is a major key to improving lax in wisconsin.

o and i would absloutly loveee to play 04-06: jaron, jack set it up haha..

but i would also say that the individuals from those years are sick and deserve alot of credit for how they got wisconsin lax started.

and whoever compared that kid from Marquette to Rabil, dont do that again becuase there are middies on my team now that would shread him..
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Great Laxby
Rookie
Rookie

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2009-02-27

PostSubject: Re: 2009 High School Season -- Predictions and Banter   Sun Mar 15, 2009 11:50 am

[quote="Hummel18] and whoever compared that kid from Marquette to Rabil, dont do that again becuase there are middies on my team now that would shread him..[/quote]

Well, if you're going to come on and tastelessly attack someone like that, let me remind you that you play for a first year D-III program that plays no credible teams at a college with extremely suspect academics. It shows, seeing as shred (like your HS transcript?) has no "A's" in it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jaron
Admin

Number of posts : 480
Registration date : 2007-05-11

PostSubject: Re: 2009 High School Season -- Predictions and Banter   Sun Mar 15, 2009 1:18 pm

Don't judge first year teams like you have any clue what your talking about. I played for a first year DIII school and I gaurantee it is nothing like you expect.

People tend to develop this misconception that college lacrosse is all the Cuse's, UVA's, Hopkins and any teams that aren't them, suck.

I played with the best lacrosse players I have ever played during my tenure. Transfers from St.Johns, Bellarmine, Butler, VMI. Kids from Texas, and California, HS All Americans. And I can promise that even some of the best from this state, past or present would not start on that team, I know because I didn't start until my sophmore year.

Hummel is likely getting great coaching, I had the fortune of learning everything I did from an NCAA D1 All American, a D1 starter, and an All Conference DIII player, and they knew what they were talking about. I'm sure its no different in Hummel's situation.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hummel18
Rookie
Rookie

PostSubject: Re: 2009 High School Season -- Predictions and Banter   Sun Mar 15, 2009 1:59 pm

no credible teams right, so cabrini the #3 team in division 3 who we play in a week is not credible okay shows you no absloutly nothing about college lacrosse. and my first year program beat that carthage team you praise and have have won more games than many first year programs do in a few years already. and you really need to lay off with my grades because that has nothing to do with you or this forum like who are you to think that ur better than me at anything that has to do with lacrosse.

and jaron is right my "first year" program has middies that shoot high 90's and a coach that is the goalie for the Philly Wings NLL team if u didnt know. dont even try and come at me like u no what your talking about, I was just stating my opinion.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Great Laxby
Rookie
Rookie

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2009-02-27

PostSubject: Re: 2009 High School Season -- Predictions and Banter   Sun Mar 15, 2009 2:03 pm

I've never praised Carthage. Furthermore, I wish you luck against Cabrini, because after losing to perennial lame ducks like Catholic and Hood, your team may need it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hummel18
Rookie
Rookie

PostSubject: Re: 2009 High School Season -- Predictions and Banter   Sun Mar 15, 2009 2:21 pm

haha thats all you got. first of all catholic is no where near lame if you knew anything about college lax again. you can think what you want about my team but we have been winning and losing games with a goalie who was a middie a month ago due to injurys and a goalie leaving the team and out 3 starting poles suspended for the past 4 games. but its okay, you probably dont even play on your high school team so i wouldnt expect you to understand.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
gbpackers12
Freshman
Freshman

Number of posts : 61
Registration date : 2008-04-11

PostSubject: Re: 2009 High School Season -- Predictions and Banter   Sun Mar 15, 2009 4:31 pm

i think that any college lacrosse team is pretty damn good compared to any high school team in wisconsin... which is what this forum is about.

so congrats to anyone who can go from playing wisconsin high school lacrosse to DIII in college.

but who will win MALA this year? opinions?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DwinsChamps
Varsity
Varsity

Number of posts : 335
Registration date : 2007-05-14

PostSubject: Re: 2009 High School Season -- Predictions and Banter   Sun Mar 15, 2009 4:48 pm

Nice segue, gbpackers. This thread is alot of banter, rather little prediction.

I'll be interested to see how MALA plays out.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Butters
Varsity
Varsity

Number of posts : 352
Registration date : 2007-09-15

PostSubject: Re: 2009 High School Season -- Predictions and Banter   Sun Mar 15, 2009 4:54 pm

The Great Laxby wrote:
I've never praised Carthage. Furthermore, I wish you luck against Cabrini, because after losing to perennial lame ducks like Catholic and Hood, your team may need it.
Who do you play for that you come on here and talk trash about someone who is playing NCAA lacrosse? What have you accomplished? Don't hide behind a user name, grow a pair. You're talking trash to a kid who before moving here played and had great success at arguably the best high school in the nation.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guru

Number of posts : 204
Registration date : 2007-06-01

PostSubject: Re: 2009 High School Season -- Predictions and Banter   Sun Mar 15, 2009 7:06 pm

Butters wrote:
The Great Laxby wrote:
Who do you play for that you come on here and talk trash about someone who is playing NCAA lacrosse? What have you accomplished? Don't hide behind a user name, grow a pair. You're talking trash to a kid who before moving here played and had great success at arguably the best high school in the nation.

THAT JUST HAPPENED!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jaron
Admin

Number of posts : 480
Registration date : 2007-05-11

PostSubject: Re: 2009 High School Season -- Predictions and Banter   Sun Mar 15, 2009 7:11 pm

Get the thread back on topic.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Delldorado
Freshman
Freshman

PostSubject: Re: 2009 High School Season -- Predictions and Banter   Sun Mar 15, 2009 9:38 pm

I predict... a fun season =)
Back to top Go down
gbpackers12
Freshman
Freshman

Number of posts : 61
Registration date : 2008-04-11

PostSubject: Re: 2009 High School Season -- Predictions and Banter   Sun Mar 15, 2009 11:33 pm

i mean i know that everyone has Middleton and Waunakee at the top of their respective "sections" of MALA.

well, not everyone probably, but most.

who are the darkhorses? Sun Prairie? Regents?
who is overrated?
and how will verona do? i heard they lost lots of seniors last year.. i could be wrong.

big improvements from janesville, stoughton, or memorial?

it just seems that no one has really talked about MALA yet, just MALL and BayVal. and college..
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guru

Number of posts : 204
Registration date : 2007-06-01

PostSubject: Re: 2009 High School Season -- Predictions and Banter   Mon Mar 16, 2009 1:22 pm

can't really say much about sun prairie, but i really think that west and verona will surprise a lot of people this season. i think those games will be closer then expected, if not upsets.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ND#14
Rookie
Rookie

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2009-03-17

PostSubject: Notre Dame   Tue Mar 17, 2009 5:49 pm

I know im going to sound like i just like ND because i go there, but, this year we have a really solid core of seniors, no real standouts, but everyone is very good, i believe this year we could make a run for conference. People seem to underrate our team, we have a returning goalie, Jake Smith, who i would say, is one of the best goalies in the state, and is definetely in the running for first team all-conference. We have new D-poles, but all are solid with their past experience on our hockey team and are really getting the hang of a new defense. Our middies really didn't suffer much of an impact this season, other than losing Alex Smith, our FO midfielder. We now have 7 good middies, both offensively and defensively, to work with this season. We have an extremely good attack this season, graduating only one attackman, but leaving three (all of whom have started plenty of games in their career) very good attackmen behind. We also have better leadership on the team this season, losing most of our captains (who fought a lot) except Jake Smith, and his twin Nate Smith, who work well with the team. The chemistry also seems to be much better this season too, we are passing really well lately and working well together.

After rereading that paragraph i did sound like i was playing up our team a little bit, but you guys dont seem to know much about us, so i thought id fill you in.

Also im not quite sure why everyone is putting Wausau at the head of our conference, they graduated almost all of their starters... this year will be a rebuilding year for sure for them. They will probably end up about middle in rankings of our conference.

My picks for Bay Valley:
1)Appleton
2)Neenah
3)BP or Notre Dame (its always a big rivalry, and usually is close)
4)
5)Wausau
6)Metro
7)DePere
8)Oneida
9)Menasha
10)Southwest

This year it'll be a tight race for this conference, there's no real "best team" since wausau fell off the map. It could go any way for this conference this year.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Neenahlax2
Rookie
Rookie

Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2007-12-21

PostSubject: Re: 2009 High School Season -- Predictions and Banter   Tue Mar 17, 2009 10:32 pm

i think ur reallly underestimating wausau. although they lost most of their starters they have a lot of athleticism and will alwyas turn out a good team. what was ur basis for appleton being the top. i havent heard much from appleton even tho were like rite next to each other.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Delldorado
Freshman
Freshman

PostSubject: Re: 2009 High School Season -- Predictions and Banter   Tue Mar 17, 2009 11:03 pm

i think i may have to agree we with Neenahlax2. tho we did lose a lot of starters, our team was never built of lacrosse players first, but as athletes first and lacrosse players second. having not one youth program and freshmen year the first year we touch a stick we have been able to keep up with many of the better teams early and such as last year the best teams. we did graduate a lot but i feel that our team can fill those gaps and come out just as good as last year if not better.
Back to top Go down
ND#14
Rookie
Rookie

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2009-03-17

PostSubject: Re: 2009 High School Season -- Predictions and Banter   Wed Mar 18, 2009 2:41 pm

my reasoning for wasau being so low in the conference rankings is not only what they lost last year, but also what i saw in the indoor tourny 2 weeks ago. I know thats not much to base this on, but losing 15 people does hurt your team. In that tourny, i really didnt see the skill or intensity that wasau had the last few years, and getting 4th in the tournament wasnt that spectacular, no offense, we got beat out by you guys by 1 point... idk if you guys just didnt have those key players there or what, but thats just what i saw. Also, on Appleton, they have always been strong competitors, and they only lost a few key seniors, but also had some underclassan getting good playing time. i think this might be there year to make a run for state, i think our conference is going to be very competitive aside from some schools. It could go to anyone and i wouldnt be suprised, thats just my prediction of how it'll go.
sorry if i upset anyone : /
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GBMETROREBELS27
Rookie
Rookie

Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2008-11-08

PostSubject: Re: 2009 High School Season -- Predictions and Banter   Wed Mar 18, 2009 2:51 pm

i don't know if i agree with neenah at number 2....don't get me wrong i'm not hating on neenah or anything.....i just don't think they're as good as people think. i know they're well coached, i've met the guy, but i just was not impressed with their JV last year and nobody really stood out in the indoor league
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SB
Rookie
Rookie

PostSubject: Re: 2009 High School Season -- Predictions and Banter   Wed Mar 18, 2009 3:06 pm

ND#14 there is no such thing as "very good" in wisconsin lacrosse
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2009 High School Season -- Predictions and Banter   

Back to top Go down

2009 High School Season -- Predictions and Banter
Page 4 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next