Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Check In/Greer

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
mmhs089
Rookie
Rookie
mmhs089

Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2007-05-17

Check In/Greer Empty
PostSubject: Check In/Greer   Check In/Greer EmptyFri Mar 20, 2009 10:22 pm

Hey guys, its been a while since i've been on here so i figured id check in. Hope everything is going well in the lacrosse community of wisconsin. Obviously my team is struggling, but we're getting better. Its amazing the leap you take from high school (especially wisconsin) to college. My tips to all the young high school players is get out of the state as much as you can, head east. This will improve your play drastically and in turn you will have some things to teach your teammates. I came into the season way over my head, i was like the 7 midfielder and rarely played in fall ball. I began working my ass off and learning from the upperclassmen/transfers around me and am now the 4th attack and have played in almost every game. But i will say those of you who want to play NCAA lacrosse, try to realize what your getting yourself into. It is not easy work and takes a lot of dedication, we had walkons quit within the first month of workouts. Jaron has said this before. That being said, i am very confident in saying that i think within the next five to ten years there will be a rise in Wisconsin lacrosse players getting D1 looks, i know there is hidden talent in the state...

Last thing. We just played Bryant. Greer is nasty.
Back to top Go down
Jack
Admin
Jack

Number of posts : 741
Registration date : 2007-05-11

Check In/Greer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Check In/Greer   Check In/Greer EmptySat Mar 21, 2009 1:10 am

Thanks for posting Zach. Keep us updated on your season...

Regular "Zach Nichols Season Blog Updates" would be cool to have...
Back to top Go down
http://www.wisconsinlax.aforumfree.com
mmhs089
Rookie
Rookie
mmhs089

Check In/Greer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Check In/Greer   Check In/Greer EmptySat Mar 21, 2009 10:26 am

Alright, will do. And if anyone has an questions feel free to ask.
Back to top Go down
BenGardner46
Rookie
Rookie

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2008-06-05

Check In/Greer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Check In/Greer   Check In/Greer EmptySat Mar 21, 2009 9:03 pm

Dear Zach,

Were the Detroit defenders perplexed by Greers flow thus being left in a paralytic state or stupor? Also, I apologize for not texting you back last night, my phone died, how have you been lately?

Sincerely,

Ben Gardner
ps. big fan.
Back to top Go down
mmhs089
Rookie
Rookie
mmhs089

Check In/Greer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Check In/Greer   Check In/Greer EmptySat Mar 21, 2009 9:38 pm

haha, lets just say we had some matchup troubles, but who hasn't with the guy? Im doing good man, hanging in there. We've got Quinnipiac tomorrow which is a must win so. How are you Benjamin?
Back to top Go down
BenGardner46
Rookie
Rookie

Check In/Greer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Check In/Greer   Check In/Greer EmptySat Mar 21, 2009 10:37 pm

that is very true. Best of luck playing Quinnipiac, hope ya get your first W. Send me a text or facebook me with the results. I've been well, we're playing Illinois State and Purdue this weekend at Marquette so that should be pretty fun.
Back to top Go down
mmhs089
Rookie
Rookie
mmhs089

Check In/Greer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Check In/Greer   Check In/Greer EmptyThu Apr 23, 2009 4:31 pm

Well, the seasons over for us. We capped of a dismal year with a 13-6 loss to air force in colorado springs. Although our record may not show it, it was very eye opening playing with a group of fantastic lacrosse players. From All americans to all state players, the team really was unbelievably talented and we truly outplayed many teams in certain areas. That being said ive seen how hard it is to start a program three times now (Milwaukee Westside, Kettle moraine, and University of Detroit). Building a tradition, chemistry, and winning mentality is MUCH harder than attaining the lacrosse specific abilities needed to win a game. We were in the lead many times throughout the season on top teams but simply didnt know how to hold on to a lead.

Luckily, through hard work i did find time and started against Denver and Air Force at attack, tagging 3 goals in our 12 game spring season. One last thing to all those on their way to playing college lacrosse next season, prepare yourself as much as possible both physically and lax practice wise. I didnt do this right and struggled during the fall, then had to bust my @$$ and put in several extra hours trying to get time. Do yourself a favor and hit the wall every day, lift, run. Its a different game...

Hope everyone is doing well in their seasons. Ill be home saturday and will be trying to catch as many games as possible...
Back to top Go down
BenGardner46
Rookie
Rookie

Check In/Greer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Check In/Greer   Check In/Greer EmptyThu Apr 23, 2009 6:08 pm

Zach,
Great to hear that you had some starting tme against Denver & Air Force, you sure put in your work for the time that you earned. Hope next season goes better for you, i wish i was around on saturday that we could throw around and catch up on times, but i will be playing games in Stevens Point. Hopefully we';l be able to get together sometimes this summer to hang out before i head outta here
Back to top Go down
Jaron
Admin
Jaron

Number of posts : 480
Registration date : 2007-05-11

Check In/Greer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Check In/Greer   Check In/Greer EmptyThu Apr 23, 2009 6:28 pm

Nichols,

Props on the season. Way to rep the state. Enjoy that NCAA lacrosse while you have it. I miss the heck out of it. Need some more attackmen? Kidding Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Check In/Greer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Check In/Greer   Check In/Greer Empty

Back to top Go down

Check In/Greer
Page 1 of 1