Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Modifying gloves

Go down 
+7
krks34
DwinsChamps
Keeper33
Nate
SiouxLax
Lefty019
RiDE
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
The Butt

Modifying gloves - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Modifying gloves   Modifying gloves - Page 3 EmptyTue May 29, 2007 4:51 pm

Basically no more flared sidewalls. No more "arrow" shape head, it goes to the widest point on the scoop, and goes straight. If you look at a cyber, it's close.
Back to top Go down
RiDE
Varsity
Varsity
RiDE

Number of posts : 448
Registration date : 2007-05-11

PostSubject: Re: Modifying gloves   Modifying gloves - Page 3 EmptyTue May 29, 2007 4:54 pm

i found a site with the exact specs a while ago, ill try to find it again for ya
Back to top Go down
SiouxLax
All-Conference
All-Conference
SiouxLax

Number of posts : 830

PostSubject: Re: Modifying gloves   Modifying gloves - Page 3 EmptyTue May 29, 2007 5:10 pm

Modifying gloves - Page 3 New_Lacrosse_Head_Dimensions
Back to top Go down
http://www.undlacrosse.com
RiDE
Varsity
Varsity
RiDE

PostSubject: Re: Modifying gloves   Modifying gloves - Page 3 EmptyTue May 29, 2007 9:14 pm

nice, on TLF there is a list of heads that will be illegal too.
Back to top Go down
RiDE
Varsity
Varsity
RiDE

PostSubject: Re: Modifying gloves   Modifying gloves - Page 3 EmptyMon Jun 04, 2007 2:02 pm

so i tried dipping the botton 2 or 3 inches of my stick in, to replace the tap holding the endcap on. i only did a single coat, and its solid and much lighter than the tape i had on before, which was kind of an excessive amount. its not very gripy though... maybe ill add sand to it if i ever do it again, idk.
Back to top Go down
RiDE
Varsity
Varsity
RiDE

PostSubject: Re: Modifying gloves   Modifying gloves - Page 3 EmptyMon Jun 04, 2007 2:03 pm

so i tried dipping the botton 2 or 3 inches of my stick in, to replace the tap holding the endcap on. i only did a single coat, and its solid and much lighter than the tape i had on before, which was kind of an excessive amount. its not very gripy though... maybe ill add sand to it if i ever do it again, idk.
Back to top Go down
The Butt

PostSubject: Re: Modifying gloves   Modifying gloves - Page 3 EmptyMon Jun 04, 2007 2:23 pm

Seriously, if you're going through this much effort, you need new gloves.
Back to top Go down
RiDE
Varsity
Varsity
RiDE

PostSubject: Re: Modifying gloves   Modifying gloves - Page 3 EmptyMon Jun 04, 2007 5:09 pm

yea i think i might buy a pair of the k18's, anyone have a pair and like/dislike them?
Back to top Go down
Jack
Admin
Jack

Number of posts : 741

PostSubject: Re: Modifying gloves   Modifying gloves - Page 3 EmptyMon Jun 04, 2007 10:12 pm

dont by stx anything. they base their entire product line off of the name kyle harrison, and the stuff isn't that great. always buy brine gloves, they are the best gloves, and best value on the market. i'd go with some exodus 2's or some kings. maybe even defts if u dont care how new the product is
Back to top Go down
http://www.wisconsinlax.aforumfree.com
Nate
All-Conference
All-Conference
Nate

Number of posts : 570
Registration date : 2007-05-12

PostSubject: Re: Modifying gloves   Modifying gloves - Page 3 EmptyMon Jun 04, 2007 10:19 pm

I'd have to say STX does suck. And Brine is the best.. but i'm pretty content with my Superflys.
Back to top Go down
http://www.stoughtonlacrosse.com
Jack
Admin
Jack

Number of posts : 741

PostSubject: Re: Modifying gloves   Modifying gloves - Page 3 EmptyMon Jun 04, 2007 10:25 pm

warrior is low quality, high price, and high douchebaggery
Back to top Go down
http://www.wisconsinlax.aforumfree.com
krks34
JV
JV
krks34

Number of posts : 184
Registration date : 2007-05-16

PostSubject: Re: Modifying gloves   Modifying gloves - Page 3 EmptyMon Jun 04, 2007 10:54 pm

I loved my STX gladiators when I had them. and most of the stuff on the market, for STX, is based on Gladiators, in some shape or forum. If you take a look at most of their new gloves, they resemble gladiators quite a bit. I hate brine and warrior. Brine gloves are too tight for my liking and I feel as if my thumbs don't even have gloves on-a lack of protection. And warrior gloves always feel really stiff, no matter how long you've had them. I went out and got a pair of Gait Chaos gloves and I love them, only thing I dislike about them is the velcro on bottom of the palm is annoying. The grip is lasting and they have the same general feel as my Glads did. I'd stay away from warrior, they are way over priced. If you had to get a pair of gloves that just came out on the market and you like brine, I'd say go with kings because they are cheaper than exodus 2's; but if you don't care what brand it is or when they came out, find a pair of gladiators and get those. Mine lasted me two years, and I wore them every day(yes even in winter because I throw around in my basement of the cement ground) because I dislike throwing without gloves on. Gloves are personal opinion. If you buy a pair and you don't like them, you can always send them back after wearing them while just throwing around.

p.s.-this is just my personal opinion.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Modifying gloves   Modifying gloves - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Modifying gloves
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3