Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

what is lacrosee like in wisconsin?

Go down 
+7
Jack
pukasheller19
radlax 26
vtowngirlslax16
Nate
Guru
squidney
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
squidney
Freshman
Freshman
squidney

Number of posts : 64
Registration date : 2007-07-12

what  is lacrosee like in wisconsin? Empty
PostSubject: what is lacrosee like in wisconsin?   what  is lacrosee like in wisconsin? EmptyThu Jul 12, 2007 12:48 pm

hi everyone, my name is Sydney and I am moving from Connecticut to Wisconsin in a few weeks. I've been playing lacrosse for about 9 years now and really love it. It was pretty disconserting to hear my new highschool [Memorial in Madison] doesn't offer it. I was wondering if anyone could fill me in on what the sport is like out there, how I can get involved, and if I can sitll get recruited to play in college. confused I am entering my Sophomore year of high school and currently play goalie for my HS in CT and New England Women's Lacrosse [NEW-LAX], my club team, but I used to play center or D-wing for about 7 years. Please help!

Thanks soooo much!

-sydney
Back to top Go down
The Butt

PostSubject: Re: what is lacrosee like in wisconsin?   what  is lacrosee like in wisconsin? EmptyThu Jul 12, 2007 12:57 pm

Verona's girls team takes members from area schools. There is a girls league, and I'm sure you could still be recruited, it will just involve more on your part because I don't know if any girls from the area have attempted. I may be wrong though. Heres the email address for the coach Joan Pflaum: Trapper3@Charter.Net . Any information you're looking for on the club itself you can find at http://veronalacrosse.com . Hope that helps.
Back to top Go down
Guru
Guru

Number of posts : 204
Registration date : 2007-06-01

PostSubject: Re: what is lacrosee like in wisconsin?   what  is lacrosee like in wisconsin? EmptyThu Jul 12, 2007 4:29 pm

you could also play guys lacrosse around here. from memory, memorial has a goalie ...not sure of his age though...maybe graduating...
Back to top Go down
Nate
All-Conference
All-Conference
Nate

Number of posts : 570
Registration date : 2007-05-12

PostSubject: Re: what is lacrosee like in wisconsin?   what  is lacrosee like in wisconsin? EmptyThu Jul 12, 2007 5:52 pm

I believe he is graduated.
Back to top Go down
http://www.stoughtonlacrosse.com
squidney
Freshman
Freshman
squidney

PostSubject: Re: what is lacrosee like in wisconsin?   what  is lacrosee like in wisconsin? EmptyThu Jul 12, 2007 9:05 pm

Thanks. I appreciate all that information. I got an email from Jack and he gave me a coach to contact. Hopefully she can answer some more of my questions. How long have youa ll been playing? Do you like it out there? I'm so excited to finally move!

Thanks again.
Sydney

p.s. when I get on my own computer [I'm living at my grandparents at the moment] I'll put up my own picture and stuff
Back to top Go down
vtowngirlslax16
Rookie
Rookie
vtowngirlslax16

Number of posts : 42
Registration date : 2007-05-19

PostSubject: Re: what is lacrosee like in wisconsin?   what  is lacrosee like in wisconsin? EmptyMon Jul 16, 2007 6:36 pm

If you are going to Memorial then you can play on the Westside team which is supposed to have players from Memorial on it but I don't know if they have or not. Most of the girls on that team are from either West or Edgewood I believe. Also, the Verona girl's coach is John not Joan just so you don't think he's a girl.

Also about recruiting, there are a few girls from my team this year who are going to play on club teams at their colleges but I'm pretty positive nobody's played DI yet since girls lacrosse only started like 4 years ago here. If you want to play on a club team you're probably going to have to play in one out of Chicago and also that is where you will probably have to go to any camps since none really come here.
Back to top Go down
vtowngirlslax16
Rookie
Rookie
vtowngirlslax16

Number of posts : 42
Registration date : 2007-05-19

PostSubject: Re: what is lacrosee like in wisconsin?   what  is lacrosee like in wisconsin? EmptyMon Jul 16, 2007 6:37 pm

oh yes...most teams in our area need a good goalie so i'm sure any team would welcome you
Back to top Go down
radlax 26
Rookie
Rookie
radlax 26

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2007-07-18

PostSubject: goalies   what  is lacrosee like in wisconsin? EmptyWed Jul 18, 2007 6:14 pm

to sydneys post... Middleton high school could use help with the goalie situation! when are you moving here?

and to help you with the recruiting process...i too moved from a big lacrosse state (FL) my sophomore year and came to middleton. lacrosse isnt that big up here for girls but is getting alot better. If you get involved with a recruitor you have jus as good of a chance as anyone. as long as you go to tons of camps and contact as many schools as you can and get your name out there! (which im sure you already know lol)
Back to top Go down
squidney
Freshman
Freshman
squidney

PostSubject: Re: what is lacrosee like in wisconsin?   what  is lacrosee like in wisconsin? EmptyThu Jul 19, 2007 10:10 pm

Thanks "radlax"... what's ur real name? I didn't know there was a third girl in this forum. That's exciting. Your message was really helpful. so, I am moving to America's dairy land a week from Sunday I believe. I'm really not sure where I want to play and if I'm plaing goalie or field. Do you polay for Middleton? I'm going to be in the Memorial highschool area of Madison and as of now I plan to get involved in some pickup games, meet some players and coaches, and then decide.

I'm so excited to finalyl be out there. Are you playing anwhere right now where I'll get to meet you?

-Sydney
Back to top Go down
radlax 26
Rookie
Rookie
radlax 26

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2007-07-18

PostSubject: Re: what is lacrosee like in wisconsin?   what  is lacrosee like in wisconsin? EmptyMon Jul 23, 2007 12:17 am

haha my names alyssa radlinger and yea im a captain at middleton high school. and if you live near memorial, then your not far from middleton at all! yea its kind of hard to choose a team, its really probably between us, west, and verona cuz the rest are far. but our team is getting really big! i try to go to the pick-up games but i never know if they are going on lol so ill try to figure that out and then hopefully we can meet up! middleton is a really fun team and we'd love a new player whether its a goalie or field. so hopefully we can meet up at one of the next pick-up games! hopefully you enjoy wisconsin!
Back to top Go down
squidney
Freshman
Freshman
squidney

PostSubject: moving soon!   what  is lacrosee like in wisconsin? EmptyMon Jul 23, 2007 12:45 pm

I'll be taking my two-day drive out to Wisconsin this coming sunday. Less than a week! I've been running, so hopefully the fact that I haven't practiced in a month or so [my lax equipment is in a box in storage somewhere] won't hold me back too much. I'd love to get right into the pickup games or maybe just meet up with someone wherever there's a net to play a bit. Once I get out there I'll have to figure out where and when that can happen. Thanks to everyone for being so helpful. I'm excited to meet you!

-sydney
Back to top Go down
pukasheller19
Rookie
Rookie
pukasheller19

Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2007-08-10

PostSubject: Re: what is lacrosee like in wisconsin?   what  is lacrosee like in wisconsin? EmptyFri Aug 10, 2007 11:58 am

hey!
i play for the lax team at lafollette and we could really use a goalie. if u havent yet found a team itd be awsome to have you play with us. Very Happy i kno our current goalie is leaving soon so itd be nice to have someone whos been playing for awhile and will be there for a couple years.
my email is volleyshowers@sbcglobal.net is you have any questions
Back to top Go down
squidney
Freshman
Freshman
squidney

PostSubject: Re: what is lacrosee like in wisconsin?   what  is lacrosee like in wisconsin? EmptyFri Aug 10, 2007 1:39 pm

hey, I haven't picked a team yet, but I was planning on doing a practice with some different ones before i choose... I wasn't very strongly considering lafollete because it's the farthest, but thanks for oyur interest. I jst have to figure all thsi crap out... u should've come to the pickup. only two other girls did it was pretty lame.
Back to top Go down
Jack
Admin
Jack

Number of posts : 741
Registration date : 2007-05-11

PostSubject: Re: what is lacrosee like in wisconsin?   what  is lacrosee like in wisconsin? EmptySat Aug 11, 2007 10:03 am

pukasheller19 wrote:
hey!
i play for the lax team at lafollette and we could really use a goalie. if u havent yet found a team itd be awsome to have you play with us. Very Happy i kno our current goalie is leaving soon so itd be nice to have someone whos been playing for awhile and will be there for a couple years.
my email is volleyshowers@sbcglobal.net is you have any questions

aHA! little showers!!!! hillarious.
Back to top Go down
http://www.wisconsinlax.aforumfree.com
squidney
Freshman
Freshman
squidney

PostSubject: Re: what is lacrosee like in wisconsin?   what  is lacrosee like in wisconsin? EmptySat Aug 11, 2007 12:48 pm

what's so funny? what aren't you telling me Jack?
Back to top Go down
Jack
Admin
Jack

PostSubject: Re: what is lacrosee like in wisconsin?   what  is lacrosee like in wisconsin? EmptySat Aug 11, 2007 6:29 pm

her big brother and i are good friends, and play together in Milwaukee. we also went to baltimore together earlier this summer...
Back to top Go down
squidney
Freshman
Freshman
squidney

PostSubject: Re: what is lacrosee like in wisconsin?   what  is lacrosee like in wisconsin? EmptySat Aug 11, 2007 7:16 pm

oh that makes sense.

akdnfa;kjdf alksdfj asf im so bored.
Back to top Go down
pukasheller19
Rookie
Rookie
pukasheller19

PostSubject: Re: what is lacrosee like in wisconsin?   what  is lacrosee like in wisconsin? EmptySun Aug 12, 2007 12:26 pm

hey! im thinking ur the one my brother went to the championship games with out east???
whats up
Back to top Go down
pukasheller19
Rookie
Rookie
pukasheller19

PostSubject: Re: what is lacrosee like in wisconsin?   what  is lacrosee like in wisconsin? EmptySun Aug 12, 2007 12:28 pm

i usually work thursday so i havent been able to go to any of the pick up games....
i kno that most of our players drive and i kno some of us would be willing to give you rides and whatnot if thats what you need. hopefully one of these thursdays ill be able to get out there and play
Back to top Go down
Jack
Admin
Jack

PostSubject: Re: what is lacrosee like in wisconsin?   what  is lacrosee like in wisconsin? EmptySun Aug 12, 2007 5:24 pm

pukasheller19 wrote:
hey! im thinking ur the one my brother went to the championship games with out east???
whats up

yeah that was me...
Back to top Go down
pukasheller19
Rookie
Rookie
pukasheller19

PostSubject: Re: what is lacrosee like in wisconsin?   what  is lacrosee like in wisconsin? EmptyTue Aug 14, 2007 12:34 am

thats cool
im guessing ur getting ready to go back to milwaukee then too??
Back to top Go down
Jack
Admin
Jack

PostSubject: Re: what is lacrosee like in wisconsin?   what  is lacrosee like in wisconsin? EmptyWed Aug 15, 2007 12:44 am

yes ma'am... UWM til i die
Back to top Go down
Guru
Guru

Number of posts : 204
Registration date : 2007-06-01

PostSubject: Re: what is lacrosee like in wisconsin?   what  is lacrosee like in wisconsin? EmptyThu Aug 16, 2007 12:14 pm

or carthage college...

LET'S GO NOW RED MEN!
Back to top Go down
pukasheller19
Rookie
Rookie
pukasheller19

PostSubject: Re: what is lacrosee like in wisconsin?   what  is lacrosee like in wisconsin? EmptyThu Aug 16, 2007 1:32 pm

coolcool
do u have an apartment or are you back in the dorms again?
Back to top Go down
Jack
Admin
Jack

PostSubject: Re: what is lacrosee like in wisconsin?   what  is lacrosee like in wisconsin? EmptyThu Aug 16, 2007 5:46 pm

i'm in a house like 4 blocks off campus... pretty awesome actually
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: what is lacrosee like in wisconsin?   what  is lacrosee like in wisconsin? Empty

Back to top Go down

what is lacrosee like in wisconsin?
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next