Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

head pinching

Go down 
+7
zack attack 12
thedamnedfan
DwinsChamps
bigpattyboy36
Jaron
MUHS #30
tidbits
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2

is it worth it to pinch your head
yes
head pinching - Page 2 Vote_lcap25%head pinching - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 25% [ 3 ]
no
head pinching - Page 2 Vote_lcap75%head pinching - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 75% [ 9 ]
Total Votes : 12

AuthorMessage
tidbits
JV
JV
tidbits

Number of posts : 174
Registration date : 2007-06-01

head pinching - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: head pinching   head pinching - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 11, 2007 3:35 pm

any chance of just bulldozing them?
Back to top Go down
Jack
Admin
Jack

Number of posts : 741
Registration date : 2007-05-11

PostSubject: Re: head pinching   head pinching - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 11, 2007 6:31 pm

NO. jeez man, you have alot to learn. just face dodge, or sprint your ass off and draw a slide.
Back to top Go down
http://www.wisconsinlax.aforumfree.com
tidbits
JV
JV
tidbits

Number of posts : 174
Registration date : 2007-06-01

PostSubject: Re: head pinching   head pinching - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 11, 2007 7:05 pm

of course i have a lot to learn that's why i'm askin u guys
Back to top Go down
bigpattyboy36
All-Conference
All-Conference
bigpattyboy36

Number of posts : 579
Registration date : 2007-05-12

PostSubject: Re: head pinching   head pinching - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 11, 2007 8:17 pm

this could be long and wordy, but i'm bored....

in my experience, i have only needed to dodge a total of 4 or 5 times over the course of this past season, every time i ever used a dodge it was a split dodge.

it's my theory that most people dont expect a pole to even know how to dodge gracefully, so when you find yourself in a situation where you need to dodge, make it simple -- you dont need to do it at the speed of light either, the faster you try to move the less control you'll have over your stick and you're more likely to drop the ball Evil or Very Mad .

the next step is sprinting your way to open orchards and finding an open offensive player. every dpole wants to shoot and score, but most of the time it's a bad idea to try taking a shot unless you're within 10-15 yards of the cage--which you wont be if you're playing a smart team. keep your eyes up and look for an open attackman.

if you're in such a situation then your offensive minded players should be smart enough to help you out and get open,,, only problem with that is that there arent that many of those players in wisconsin....

so in review, only dodge if you have to, keep your eyes open on a swivel(sp?) and find the open man. keep the dodge simple and find SPACE. then find the open man and make a catchable pass. hussle back over the midfield line if you were forced to crossover and get back in position.
Back to top Go down
DwinsChamps
Varsity
Varsity
DwinsChamps

Number of posts : 335
Registration date : 2007-05-14

PostSubject: Re: head pinching   head pinching - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 12, 2007 10:48 pm

If you're getting pressured, the best thing you can learn to do is circle away from the pressure, backwards, and to an open area. I know that sounds obvious, but all dpoles need to do is get open enough to pass it to a middie. It's not flashy, but it is effective.

If you're heart is set on dodging, take a running start and run right at the attakman/middie/whoever's guarding you. Set him up, and once you get him to shift his weight to one side of the field, explode away from him ala Reggie Bush.
Back to top Go down
thedamnedfan
All-Conference
All-Conference
thedamnedfan

Number of posts : 799
Registration date : 2007-05-11

PostSubject: Re: head pinching   head pinching - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 13, 2007 3:35 am

I found this summer, that its alot easier to throw a fake rather than approach a player and try to dodge.

Dodging guys that played NCAA - DI ball like 20 years ago isnt the easiest thing to do, especially coming out as a graduated senior from Wisconsin. Kansas City has alot of guys that played east coast ball.

But all of these guys are good and still rock older heads. I see alot of unpinched X2's, Edges, and stuff I dont even recognize... even a defender with an M1 and a wooden d-shaft... NUTS! But really, these guys are all good even with unpinched heads.
Back to top Go down
zack attack 12
JV
JV
zack attack 12

Number of posts : 105
Registration date : 2007-05-13

PostSubject: Re: head pinching   head pinching - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 23, 2007 12:46 am

three words for you..... Walk The Dog
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: head pinching   head pinching - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

head pinching
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: www.wiscolax.com-
Jump to: