Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

new mesh

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
TaylorHaney22
Rookie
Rookie

Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 2007-06-05

new mesh Empty
PostSubject: new mesh   new mesh EmptyMon Aug 06, 2007 11:09 pm

ok, so i just got some jimilax catapultion mesh today, and i was wondering if anyone had any helpful tips for breaking it in
Back to top Go down
relicdavis
Varsity
Varsity
relicdavis

Number of posts : 404
Registration date : 2007-06-30

new mesh Empty
PostSubject: Re: new mesh   new mesh EmptyTue Aug 07, 2007 1:43 am

Conditioners i think?
Back to top Go down
http://www.JanesvilleLacrosse.com
zack attack 12
JV
JV
zack attack 12

Number of posts : 105
Registration date : 2007-05-13

new mesh Empty
PostSubject: Re: new mesh   new mesh EmptyThu Aug 23, 2007 12:41 am

from my experience with all mesh, all you need to do is just wring it out as if it were full of water....however i tend to like my mesh hard...and i have stopped using cata cause i think it gets too soft too quick, but thats just my preference....10d holds stiffness better i think, but i would say just wring it out a few times (dry) so roll the mesh up one way and wring it then unroll it roll it the other way and wring it...otherwise if you are not satisfied, conditioner, shaving cream, soap and water i have heard...enjoy cata its supposed to be good in wet conditions perfect for wisconsin's past week of weather...haha hope that helps
Back to top Go down
Guru
Guru

Number of posts : 204
Registration date : 2007-06-01

new mesh Empty
PostSubject: Re: new mesh   new mesh EmptyThu Aug 23, 2007 12:40 pm

zack attack 12 wrote:
from my experience with all mesh, all you need to do is just wring it out as if it were full of water....however i tend to like my mesh hard...and i have stopped using cata cause i think it gets too soft too quick, but thats just my preference....10d holds stiffness better i think, but i would say just wring it out a few times (dry) so roll the mesh up one way and wring it then unroll it roll it the other way and wring it...otherwise if you are not satisfied, conditioner, shaving cream, soap and water i have heard...enjoy cata its supposed to be good in wet conditions perfect for wisconsin's past week of weather...haha hope that helps

where are you playing that it gets soft quick? anyway, for me...the best way to get hard mesh and keep it hard...but still give you that broken in feel (imagine taking the mesh out of a stick you have had for a year...very hard but still has great feel and hold) anyway...i stretch the mesh/wash it with shaving cream until it is soft when wet. when the mesh drys...it will be hard again (but lose some stiffness). i then shaving cream/warm water the mesh again. this time (with jimalax) it will stay somewhat soft and might bag out if you string this up.

at this point, i spray it with a clear varnish that can be found at any hardware store. instantly the best mesh ever in my opinion...and in all weather too. i still have mesh that i have been using for about 6 months that hasn't gone to crap on me (though i just took it out b/c it wasn't clean white anymore to match my white head!)
Back to top Go down
TaylorHaney22
Rookie
Rookie

Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 2007-06-05

new mesh Empty
PostSubject: Re: new mesh   new mesh EmptyFri Aug 24, 2007 6:41 pm

alright, thanks for the tips you guys. I was kind of in a hurry because i was leaving for 2 weeks on vaca, and there was no way i was going with out my stick. so i just did the hot water and conditioner until it was soft and stretched out fairly well and strung it while it was still wet. I had alot of time to mess with it in the car so it throws pretty well and all now, but because i strung it up in a hurry i dont know how well it will stay in the long run.
Back to top Go down
MUHS #30
JV
JV
MUHS #30

Number of posts : 216
Registration date : 2007-05-11

new mesh Empty
PostSubject: Re: new mesh   new mesh EmptyFri Aug 24, 2007 10:38 pm

The cata on my head still isn't broken in yet, and i've used it for at least 4 months now. starnge thing is is that i got another set of cata but i didn't use it untill now, and it came apart like it was hard mesh. go figure
Back to top Go down
zack attack 12
JV
JV
zack attack 12

Number of posts : 105
Registration date : 2007-05-13

new mesh Empty
PostSubject: Re: new mesh   new mesh EmptyMon Sep 03, 2007 11:54 pm

idk i may have gotten a bad batch...or else just play too much...i strung up a head with hard mesh and had it broken in by the end of a game...idk i like my mesh hard
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

new mesh Empty
PostSubject: Re: new mesh   new mesh Empty

Back to top Go down

new mesh
Page 1 of 1