Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Carthage Lacrosse

Go down 
+2
Jaron
jsullivan
6 posters
AuthorMessage
jsullivan
Rookie
Rookie

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2007-08-13

Carthage Lacrosse Empty
PostSubject: Carthage Lacrosse   Carthage Lacrosse EmptyMon Aug 13, 2007 3:14 pm

Hey guys, just letting you know that Carthage College has decided to go varsity (DIII) in both mens and womens lacrosse. I believe mens drops in 09 and womens the following year. Below is a link to the press release.

http://www.laxpower.com/laxnews/news.php?story=7540
Back to top Go down
Jaron
Admin
Jaron

Number of posts : 480
Registration date : 2007-05-11

Carthage Lacrosse Empty
PostSubject: Re: Carthage Lacrosse   Carthage Lacrosse EmptyMon Aug 13, 2007 3:34 pm

Good find on the press release. I had heard about this from my coach, but couldn't find anything official.

They also forgot to include Hendrix College, in Arkansas in that press release, as well as Sewannee if you include Tennessee in the midwest.
Back to top Go down
DwinsChamps
Varsity
Varsity
DwinsChamps

Number of posts : 335
Registration date : 2007-05-14

Carthage Lacrosse Empty
PostSubject: Re: Carthage Lacrosse   Carthage Lacrosse EmptyMon Aug 13, 2007 7:49 pm

This is incredible for Wisconsin lacrosse.
Back to top Go down
squidney
Freshman
Freshman
squidney

Number of posts : 64
Registration date : 2007-07-12

Carthage Lacrosse Empty
PostSubject: Re: Carthage Lacrosse   Carthage Lacrosse EmptyMon Aug 13, 2007 8:11 pm

Exclamation
Back to top Go down
Jaron
Admin
Jaron

Number of posts : 480

Carthage Lacrosse Empty
PostSubject: Re: Carthage Lacrosse   Carthage Lacrosse EmptyTue Aug 14, 2007 7:37 am

DwinsChamps wrote:
This is incredible for Wisconsin lacrosse.

Agreed, although something tells me a good majority of their players will be from the Chicago area.
Back to top Go down
thedamnedfan
All-Conference
All-Conference
thedamnedfan

Number of posts : 799

Carthage Lacrosse Empty
PostSubject: Re: Carthage Lacrosse   Carthage Lacrosse EmptyTue Aug 14, 2007 5:35 pm

I could have gone to Carthage this year, though they didnt have the exact focus I wanted, pluss I wouldnt have got the scholarships like I got from KCAI or SAIC to go there, would have been alot more expensive for me.

And even at that, Im not sure if I would be capable of DIII in 2 years.
Back to top Go down
Guru
Guru

Number of posts : 204
Registration date : 2007-06-01

Carthage Lacrosse Empty
PostSubject: Re: Carthage Lacrosse   Carthage Lacrosse EmptyThu Aug 16, 2007 12:22 pm

thedamnedfan wrote:
I could have gone to Carthage this year, though they didnt have the exact focus I wanted, pluss I wouldnt have got the scholarships like I got from KCAI or SAIC to go there, would have been alot more expensive for me.

And even at that, Im not sure if I would be capable of DIII in 2 years.

i looked into carthage before going to matc for graphic design. i'm glad i made the choice, the art program there is a joke. i'm not taking a SEMESTER of pottery, very pointless. anyway, just to make a statement...if someone is looking to play lacrosse at the college level, make sure you are going for the right reasons. picking the right school for academics, athletics, cost, financial aid...etc make sure it's the right fit. it's way too much money to throw away to "maybe" get it right!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Carthage Lacrosse Empty
PostSubject: Re: Carthage Lacrosse   Carthage Lacrosse Empty

Back to top Go down

Carthage Lacrosse
Page 1 of 1