Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

NLL or MLL Expansion Thoughts

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
thedamnedfan
All-Conference
All-Conference
thedamnedfan

Number of posts : 799
Registration date : 2007-05-11

NLL or MLL Expansion Thoughts Empty
PostSubject: NLL or MLL Expansion Thoughts   NLL or MLL Expansion Thoughts EmptyWed Aug 22, 2007 7:33 pm

The leagues are clearly growing in popularity. People are starting to request to see them on TV, and now ESPN is showing games. Everything around the lacrosse name is growing and there has been talk all around about expansions and what not.

What do you think are ideal expansion cities? Where would you like to see teams form?
Back to top Go down
northshorelax37
Freshman
Freshman
northshorelax37

Number of posts : 68
Registration date : 2007-05-12

PostSubject: Re: NLL or MLL Expansion Thoughts   NLL or MLL Expansion Thoughts EmptyWed Aug 22, 2007 7:49 pm

I think St Louis, Dallas, n portland would be good cities for the MLL. im not to sure bout the NLL but id love to see a team for either league come either to milwaukee or madison. I heard somewhere that they are talkin bout bringing an NLL team to milwaukee but i dont beleive it. itd still be really cool tho
Back to top Go down
Nate
All-Conference
All-Conference
Nate

Number of posts : 570
Registration date : 2007-05-12

PostSubject: Re: NLL or MLL Expansion Thoughts   NLL or MLL Expansion Thoughts EmptyWed Aug 22, 2007 9:14 pm

I'm really doubting the Wisconsin part for a few years.
Back to top Go down
http://www.stoughtonlacrosse.com
MUHS #30
JV
JV
MUHS #30

Number of posts : 216

PostSubject: Re: NLL or MLL Expansion Thoughts   NLL or MLL Expansion Thoughts EmptyThu Aug 23, 2007 1:32 pm

yeah, we aren't a big enough (lacrosse wise) to have an nll team yet, much less an mll. besides with have chicago's teams for the near future. I've heard that the MLL was considering the same cities that North Shore said, but i've also heard rumors of moving the pride down to north carolina. go figure
Back to top Go down
thedamnedfan
All-Conference
All-Conference
thedamnedfan

Number of posts : 799

PostSubject: Re: NLL or MLL Expansion Thoughts   NLL or MLL Expansion Thoughts EmptyThu Aug 23, 2007 5:26 pm

I think Kansas City is a possiblility for NLL. They just built a HUGE arena in downtown KC that will be for their arena football team, as well as a possible hockey team. There has been talk of the Pittsburg Penguins being moved to KC to play there. And then he could do NLL too... teams look to cities that have population and large domes that will get a crowd. I dont think it will be right away, but maybe 4-5 years it could deffinately be a possibility.

Other than that, the mid-west could use another team as well as the west coast. St. Louis and maybe Pheonix?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: NLL or MLL Expansion Thoughts   NLL or MLL Expansion Thoughts Empty

Back to top Go down

NLL or MLL Expansion Thoughts
Page 1 of 1