Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

#2 LSU vs. #1 OSU in BCS title game

Go down 
+2
DwinsChamps
Nate
6 posters

Who will win?
#1 Ohio State
#2 LSU vs. #1 OSU in BCS title game Vote_lcap44%#2 LSU vs. #1 OSU in BCS title game Vote_rcap
 44% [ 4 ]
#2 LSU
#2 LSU vs. #1 OSU in BCS title game Vote_lcap56%#2 LSU vs. #1 OSU in BCS title game Vote_rcap
 56% [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 9

AuthorMessage
Nate
All-Conference
All-Conference
Nate

Number of posts : 570
Registration date : 2007-05-12

#2 LSU vs. #1 OSU in BCS title game Empty
PostSubject: #2 LSU vs. #1 OSU in BCS title game   #2 LSU vs. #1 OSU in BCS title game EmptySat Jan 05, 2008 1:25 pm

Who do you have winning and why? I have LSU ripping apart OSU simpley because OSU always chokes in bowl games and is 0-8 against the SEC in bowl games.
Back to top Go down
http://www.stoughtonlacrosse.com
DwinsChamps
Varsity
Varsity
DwinsChamps

Number of posts : 335
Registration date : 2007-05-14

PostSubject: Re: #2 LSU vs. #1 OSU in BCS title game   #2 LSU vs. #1 OSU in BCS title game EmptySat Jan 05, 2008 4:14 pm

A few years ago OSU beat heavily favored and #1 ranked Miami. Not to say that they'll win tonight, but it's unfair to say that they always choke.
Back to top Go down
Nate
All-Conference
All-Conference
Nate

PostSubject: Re: #2 LSU vs. #1 OSU in BCS title game   #2 LSU vs. #1 OSU in BCS title game EmptySun Jan 06, 2008 3:32 pm

I actually forgot about that game. I guess they don't ALWAYS choke, but they do most of the time.
Back to top Go down
thedamnedfan
All-Conference
All-Conference
thedamnedfan

Number of posts : 799
Registration date : 2007-05-11

PostSubject: Re: #2 LSU vs. #1 OSU in BCS title game   #2 LSU vs. #1 OSU in BCS title game EmptySun Jan 06, 2008 7:01 pm

I think OSU will come trhough and win.

KU won the Oragne!

But yeah, I would say OSU comes through with a win, but it will be close. Come down the the 4th maybe?
Back to top Go down
Nate
All-Conference
All-Conference
Nate

PostSubject: Re: #2 LSU vs. #1 OSU in BCS title game   #2 LSU vs. #1 OSU in BCS title game EmptyTue Jan 08, 2008 12:41 am

Man.. LSU dominating 38-17 with 1:50 left in the game.

Congrats to LSU on an awesome season.
Back to top Go down
RiDE
Varsity
Varsity
RiDE

Number of posts : 448

PostSubject: Re: #2 LSU vs. #1 OSU in BCS title game   #2 LSU vs. #1 OSU in BCS title game EmptyTue Jan 08, 2008 11:32 am

i thought OSU would win, but then the first 7 and a half minutes passed and ... well..
Back to top Go down
Jaron
Admin
Jaron

Number of posts : 480

PostSubject: Re: #2 LSU vs. #1 OSU in BCS title game   #2 LSU vs. #1 OSU in BCS title game EmptyTue Jan 08, 2008 6:28 pm

Nate wrote:
I actually forgot about that game. I guess they don't ALWAYS choke, but they do most of the time.

Most of the time? If im not mistaken they have made it to the National Championship three out of the last five years...which no other team has ever done. They won once, and lost twice. I fail how to see this means they "choke most of the time."
Back to top Go down
Nate
All-Conference
All-Conference
Nate

PostSubject: Re: #2 LSU vs. #1 OSU in BCS title game   #2 LSU vs. #1 OSU in BCS title game EmptyTue Jan 08, 2008 7:09 pm

It isn't like i'm saying they suck. OSU is a dominant team, but they never seem to play to their potential when they're in a bowl game. A great example would be last night. They came out to a 10-0 lead then started playing like they did against Illinois. They started playing better towards the end, it just took too long to get their 'groove' back. I guess it's more appropriate(sp) to say they always choke against the SEC in bowl games.
Back to top Go down
Jack
Admin
Jack

Number of posts : 741

PostSubject: Re: #2 LSU vs. #1 OSU in BCS title game   #2 LSU vs. #1 OSU in BCS title game EmptyTue Jan 08, 2008 7:30 pm

i never noticed OSU playing poorly, i just saw them outmatched by an obviously more athletic and larger LSU team. LSU's defense was just scary, that interception that Chevis Jackson (#21) made was just not something you see often watching college football.

Ohio State had more yards in every category, more yards per play etc, the thing that did them in was the three turnovers.

OSU started the 4th quarter down 31-10, and gave up an interception and a fumble on their first two drives, not to mention allowing 5 scoring drives in a row (not counting the drive that ended the half).

It really came down to time of possesion (LSU had the edge by nearly 8 minutes), turnovers (OSU had 3, to LSU's 1) and penalties, (OSU 7 for 83 yards and LSU 3 for 36 yards).

Winning the TOP, Turnover, and penalty battles are all signs of good teams, and LSU is obviously the better of the two.
Back to top Go down
http://www.wisconsinlax.aforumfree.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: #2 LSU vs. #1 OSU in BCS title game   #2 LSU vs. #1 OSU in BCS title game Empty

Back to top Go down

#2 LSU vs. #1 OSU in BCS title game
Page 1 of 1