Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

EyeShields

Go down 
+4
thedamnedfan
tidbits
Nate
RiDE
8 posters
AuthorMessage
RiDE
Varsity
Varsity
RiDE

Number of posts : 448
Registration date : 2007-05-11

EyeShields Empty
PostSubject: EyeShields   EyeShields EmptySun Jan 06, 2008 2:52 pm

anyone ever tried using an eyeshield, oakley has one that apparently works in lacrosse helmets. i was just wondering how they perform in the rain? my glasses give me problems when its wet outside.
Back to top Go down
Nate
All-Conference
All-Conference
Nate

Number of posts : 570
Registration date : 2007-05-12

EyeShields Empty
PostSubject: Re: EyeShields   EyeShields EmptySun Jan 06, 2008 3:05 pm

I think there is a rule saying you can't use them unless it's clear. I could be wrong though..

An eyeshield would be sweet though.. I'd feel like LT. Maybe get a sweet looking facemask and look like Darth Vadar(sp) lol.
Back to top Go down
http://www.stoughtonlacrosse.com
tidbits
JV
JV
tidbits

Number of posts : 174
Registration date : 2007-06-01

EyeShields Empty
PostSubject: Re: EyeShields   EyeShields EmptySun Jan 06, 2008 5:04 pm

i saw a guy from marquette at a camp this summer with a yellow one
Back to top Go down
thedamnedfan
All-Conference
All-Conference
thedamnedfan

Number of posts : 799

EyeShields Empty
PostSubject: Re: EyeShields   EyeShields EmptySun Jan 06, 2008 6:59 pm

They are illegal in season. So from March 1st til the end of state they are not allowed unless clear. Even at clear you must have a medical release to have it.

I have a blue one for me for summer just to be cool. Not sure how it will fit, its custom made though, I hope it does fit.

Zarnstorf, if you are having issues with glasses in the rain, I suggest getting some contacts to wear during games, if not sports goggles. My doctor tried getting me to wear goggles, but I didnt feel the need, I really need to get some contacts thought to crispen my vision when im on the field, currently I play without. I may misjudge a few catches and ground balls here an there, but nothing to greatly effect my playing.
Back to top Go down
Butters
Varsity
Varsity

Number of posts : 352
Registration date : 2007-09-15

EyeShields Empty
PostSubject: Re: EyeShields   EyeShields EmptySun Jan 06, 2008 9:45 pm

thedamnedfan wrote:
They are illegal in season. So from March 1st til the end of state they are not allowed unless clear. Even at clear you must have a medical release to have it.
That's entirely untrue. Clear face guards are 100% legal. No medical clearance will allow you to wear one other than clear, and no medical clearance is needed to wear a clear one. Oakley's fit just fine in to CPX's or CPro's, I'm not sure of any other helmet, lacrosseforums.com is a great resource on this subject. You can't wear anything other than clear for the reason that if you're knocked unconscious you are unable to see your eyes clear enough to tell if you've suffered damage. Even at the lowest amount of tint they're ruled legal.
Back to top Go down
Hugo43
Rookie
Rookie
Hugo43

Number of posts : 42
Registration date : 2007-11-20

EyeShields Empty
PostSubject: Re: EyeShields   EyeShields EmptySun Jan 06, 2008 11:18 pm

yeah i heard something that it was the same as football and you can only wear clear
Back to top Go down
DwinsChamps
Varsity
Varsity
DwinsChamps

Number of posts : 335
Registration date : 2007-05-14

EyeShields Empty
PostSubject: Re: EyeShields   EyeShields EmptyMon Jan 07, 2008 1:52 pm

Whitewater_Lacrosse wrote:
thedamnedfan wrote:
That's entirely untrue. Clear face guards are 100% legal. No medical clearance will allow you to wear one other than clear, and no medical clearance is needed to wear a clear one. Oakley's fit just fine in to CPX's or CPro's, I'm not sure of any other helmet, lacrosseforums.com is a great resource on this subject. You can't wear anything other than clear for the reason that if you're knocked unconscious you are unable to see your eyes clear enough to tell if you've suffered damage. Even at the lowest amount of tint they're ruled legal.

thedamnedfan is correct. In the MCLA/NCAA you can only wear clear shields with a documented medical reason. In the GLLL anyone can do whatever they want, at any time.
Back to top Go down
Butters
Varsity
Varsity

Number of posts : 352
Registration date : 2007-09-15

EyeShields Empty
PostSubject: Re: EyeShields   EyeShields EmptyMon Jan 07, 2008 2:02 pm

DwinsChamps wrote:
thedamnedfan is correct. In the MCLA/NCAA you can only wear clear shields with a documented medical reason. In the GLLL anyone can do whatever they want, at any time.
This was posted in the high school forum, so I responded accordingly. MCLA/NCAA are naturally different, and the GLLL frankly lacks most true rulings so you can get away with almost anything.
Back to top Go down
tdarcy
Freshman
Freshman

Number of posts : 73

EyeShields Empty
PostSubject: Re: EyeShields   EyeShields EmptyMon Jan 07, 2008 5:54 pm

The 2008 NFHS boys lacrosse rule book, Sec 9, Article 2, subsection (d) (Optional Items) states..." Eye shields, if worn, shall be clear, molded and non-rigid".
Back to top Go down
RiDE
Varsity
Varsity
RiDE

Number of posts : 448

EyeShields Empty
PostSubject: Re: EyeShields   EyeShields EmptyMon Jan 07, 2008 8:11 pm

yea playing without my glasses would be like waterpolo in gym. its more of a joke than anything. literally i will throw the ball to anyone who yells my name Razz
Back to top Go down
DwinsChamps
Varsity
Varsity
DwinsChamps

Number of posts : 335
Registration date : 2007-05-14

EyeShields Empty
PostSubject: Re: EyeShields   EyeShields EmptyTue Jan 08, 2008 2:26 pm

OK, this is obviously the highschool forum, but in case anyone cares to know how the ruling affects MCLA/NCAA play...

NFHS rules allows clear shields, but under no circumstances are tinted shields allowed. Conversely, in MCLA/NCAA play, anyone can wear a clear shield, but a tinted eye shield may be worn only for a documented medical reason.

...and there you have it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

EyeShields Empty
PostSubject: Re: EyeShields   EyeShields Empty

Back to top Go down

EyeShields
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: www.wiscolax.com-
Jump to: