Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Scores and highlights

Go down 
+8
relicdavis
RiDE
Nate
tidbits
SiouxLax
ownerer
Jack
SpLAX
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
SpLAX
Freshman
Freshman
SpLAX

Number of posts : 82
Registration date : 2007-09-17

Scores and highlights Empty
PostSubject: Scores and highlights   Scores and highlights EmptySun Apr 27, 2008 12:52 am

Anyone posting these for the youth games?
Back to top Go down
http://www.sunprairielacrosse.com
Jack
Admin
Jack

Number of posts : 741
Registration date : 2007-05-11

PostSubject: Re: Scores and highlights   Scores and highlights EmptySun Apr 27, 2008 9:29 am

Northshore 7
Shorewood 0

Lake Country 4
Northshore 3
Back to top Go down
http://www.wisconsinlax.aforumfree.com
SpLAX
Freshman
Freshman
SpLAX

PostSubject: Re: Scores and highlights   Scores and highlights EmptySun Apr 27, 2008 8:22 pm

Sun, Apr 27
Lightning Division - 3rd and 4th grade:

SP RED 6
Verona 10
Verona's goalie is reaaaallllllyyyyy good. He made some unreal saves. We hit a few posts.

Madison East
Fitchburg
I didn't get the score, but over the PA I kept hearing, 'Goal for Fitchburg'.

SP WHITE 6
Waunakee 5
Well coached team, they must have a ton of hockey players on that squad, as their defense was blocking some real missiles our guys fired. In the end, we kept the pressure on and eventually got them through.

Great games by all the players. The officials were great, and thanks to Verona for a great afternoon.

Coach Z
Back to top Go down
SpLAX
Freshman
Freshman
SpLAX

PostSubject: Re: Scores and highlights   Scores and highlights EmptyMon Apr 28, 2008 10:20 pm

Monday 4/28 At Sun Prairie

Sr.
Middleton 8
Sun Prairie 4
Back to top Go down
ownerer
Freshman
Freshman

Number of posts : 50
Registration date : 2007-06-25

PostSubject: Re: Scores and highlights   Scores and highlights EmptyMon May 05, 2008 3:16 pm

Sun Prairie 7/8: 10 Verona 7/8: 1

Sun Prairie 7/8: 7 Orland Park Chiefs: 4

Sun Prairie 7/8: 15 Waukesha 1 (Waukesha is brand new program)

Orland Park is a travel team and they played a zero pressure zone.
SP controlled possession and finished strong but the game was 4-4 going into the 4th. Very clean game no cheap stuff at all. Unlike the Lafollete jv game i watched.. wow they need a youth program soon.
I watched tape of the hopkins loyola game and they had youngsters playing at half time. These kid had to be 3 or 4th grade and they had game, I mean real game, scooping, cradling, passing and shooting..it was sick. We have long way to go but it exiting to see us (mala) with 3/4 grade teams.
Back to top Go down
SiouxLax
All-Conference
All-Conference
SiouxLax

Number of posts : 830

PostSubject: Re: Scores and highlights   Scores and highlights EmptyMon May 05, 2008 3:30 pm

Yea, MAYLA has a few 3/4 teams and a handful of 5/6 and 7/8 teams.
Back to top Go down
http://www.undlacrosse.com
tidbits
JV
JV
tidbits

Number of posts : 174
Registration date : 2007-06-01

PostSubject: Re: Scores and highlights   Scores and highlights EmptyMon May 05, 2008 8:48 pm

SpLAX wrote:

The officials were great

Coach Z
thanks, its always nice to hear compliments . how about the weather in those first five minutes of the waunakee vs. orland park game?
Back to top Go down
Nate
All-Conference
All-Conference
Nate

Number of posts : 570
Registration date : 2007-05-12

PostSubject: Re: Scores and highlights   Scores and highlights EmptyMon May 05, 2008 8:58 pm

Last sunday the Stoughton/Oregon youth fell to Regents youth 7-6 or 8-6. Can't really recall the score.
Back to top Go down
http://www.stoughtonlacrosse.com
RiDE
Varsity
Varsity
RiDE

Number of posts : 448

PostSubject: Re: Scores and highlights   Scores and highlights EmptyTue May 06, 2008 10:30 am

i believe it was 8-6.
Back to top Go down
Jack
Admin
Jack

PostSubject: Re: Scores and highlights   Scores and highlights EmptySat May 10, 2008 8:15 pm

Nice to meet SPLAX today at the SP-Northshore game. (I believe that was you)

Northshore Jumbos (4-4):

Win over Shorewood 13-0
Win over Shorewood 7-0
Loss to Lake Country Red 4-3
Loss to Brookfield 11-3
Win over Waukesha 6-3
Loss to Middleton 8-3
Loss to Sun Prairie 9-5
Win over Verona 15-1
Back to top Go down
ownerer
Freshman
Freshman

PostSubject: Re: Scores and highlights   Scores and highlights EmptySun May 11, 2008 9:32 am

you did not meet splax, when you meet him you never forget it.

Sun Prairie Sr: 8 Middleton Sr: 6

Sun Prairie ran a tornado play and Middleton coach called it garbage for all to hear.. true sportsmanship at it finest. When SP put in their second line middies he yelled, again for all to hear "now we'll have our way with them" I'm not sure what he meant by that so I won't insinuate anything.. he he

Re: Sun Prairie VS Northshore game
North shore coaches were class acts!! good luck in your remaining games

SP is 6-1 with 2 big games coming up against Waunakee.

our first season (2years ago) we did not win a game and could barely score goals but we took our lumps and have rebounded to at least give these teams some good competition. Our very first game was against Northshore and we were totally crushed and we left wondering what we were getting into but perseverance pays off.
Back to top Go down
SpLAX
Freshman
Freshman
SpLAX

PostSubject: Re: Scores and highlights   Scores and highlights EmptyMon May 12, 2008 6:11 pm

Jack wrote:
Nice to meet SPLAX today at the SP-Northshore game. (I believe that was you)

Northshore Jumbos (4-4):

Win over Shorewood 13-0
Win over Shorewood 7-0
Loss to Lake Country Red 4-3
Loss to Brookfield 11-3
Win over Waukesha 6-3
Loss to Middleton 8-3
Loss to Sun Prairie 9-5
Win over Verona 15-1
Sorry Jack, but it wasn't me. I was coaching the SP 3/4 minicards in a series of games in Oconomowoc. Here are the scores and highlights:

Sun Prairie - 9
Lake Country - 6
LC has a good young program and are well coached. Those of you in the LC youth and AHS have some really good youngin's on their way up. The kid in goal made some stellar saves on our best shooters. We were missing 1/2 of one of our 3/4 teams (yes Sun Prairie has enough kids in 3rd and 4th grade to field 2 teams. I'll explain how the set up is in a moment) so I played any of our kids that made it.

Verona 3/4 - 13
Sun Prairie - 8
There is a bit of a rivalry brewing between Verona and SP. Really physical game, no 'hitting' but plenty of contact. the Verona coaches have really put together a quality program.

Verona 3/4 -12
Lake Country - 2
I didn't get a look at this one a we took the opportunity to grab a bite to eat, but I'm not sure the score was indicative of how these teams played.

Lake Country - 11
Sun Prairie - 9
LC jumped out to a 5 goal lead and stretched it out to 7 at one point, but our guys kept on fighting and we made a bame of it. Even taking a brief 1 goal lead early in the 4th quarter.

Verona 3/4 - 11
Sun Prairie - 8
By this point in the day, and 3rd in a row, our guys were just out of gas. The Wildcats put up a 7 goal lead and we pecked away at it, and I think if we had 2 more minutes, we might have had them. We tied the game but a late penalty had us switch one of our tougher D-men and Verona put in one and let the air out of our sails.

At the 3/4 level we play on a 60x40 yeard field (the middle 1/3 of a standard LAX field) with the goals on the wing lines. We set up a crease of flat 'soccer' cones around each goal. The setup is a 2-3-2+goalie, with the d-men and attackmen starting on GLE prior to the face off/possession call.
It makes for a lot of 'run and gun' type of lacrosse, with a bunch of end to end rushes, and ALOT of scrumms for the ball. If any of you guys want to see the future of Madison area lacrosse, come out and check out a game.

SpLAX
Back to top Go down
SiouxLax
All-Conference
All-Conference
SiouxLax

Number of posts : 830

PostSubject: Re: Scores and highlights   Scores and highlights EmptyMon May 12, 2008 6:47 pm

Those were the games I reffed, haha. I was pretty impressed with the passing/catching skills of Verona and SP.
Back to top Go down
http://www.undlacrosse.com
ownerer
Freshman
Freshman

PostSubject: Re: Scores and highlights   Scores and highlights EmptyWed May 14, 2008 9:21 am

Sun Prairie 7/8 10 Stoughton 0
The SP coach sat the first line for large parts of the game and the second lines got some well deserved playing time. Not alot of hitting and lots of ball control work. It was more like a training game. Pat's ref does a great job instructing while they play. Pat's a class act with no yelling and screaming at opposing teams unlike some of the more intense coaches we face.

Stoughton is very young and only in their second year with lacrosse amercia. I think some of their 8th graders play jv. I think most club do that but as the numbers grow maybe they will get to keep the 8th graders at youth level. Our senior team plays more games than our jv team. We've played 8 games already and some of the other local clubs have only played 3-4. I think it gives us an edge but who really knows.
Back to top Go down
Jack
Admin
Jack

PostSubject: Re: Scores and highlights   Scores and highlights EmptyWed May 14, 2008 10:12 am

[quote="ownerer"]Sun Prairie 7/8 10 Stoughton 0
Pat's a class act with no yelling and screaming at opposing teams unlike some of the more intense coaches we face.
/quote]

Was my Dave Pietramala impression not good enough for you? Sad
Back to top Go down
ownerer
Freshman
Freshman

PostSubject: Re: Scores and highlights   Scores and highlights EmptyWed May 14, 2008 11:04 am

that's a good one..

yes the way hopkins has played I would think Dave P. would have exploded a blood vessel by now.
Back to top Go down
ownerer
Freshman
Freshman

PostSubject: Re: Scores and highlights   Scores and highlights EmptyThu May 15, 2008 9:05 pm

Sun Prairie 7/8: 6 Waunakee 7/8: 4 All I can say is wow... I've never seen anything like this boys. Jack after you play Waunkee we can talk and compare notes.
Back to top Go down
relicdavis
Varsity
Varsity
relicdavis

Number of posts : 404
Registration date : 2007-06-30

PostSubject: Re: Scores and highlights   Scores and highlights EmptyFri May 16, 2008 6:57 pm

I heard that game got pretty bad
Back to top Go down
http://www.JanesvilleLacrosse.com
ownerer
Freshman
Freshman

PostSubject: Re: Scores and highlights   Scores and highlights EmptyMon May 19, 2008 9:54 am

Two Non conference scores

Sun Prairie 7/8: 9 Kettle Moraine: 4

Sun Prairie 7/8: 6 Brookfield Blazers: 5
Very tight technical game with SP getting a late goal with about 1.5 minutes to go. Brookfield was unbeaten in league play. SP is 10-1
Well reffed by Sid Flanders.

To tell you the truth I would rather have Sid than the inexperienced refs we had for Waunakee. I think those refs learned a lot from that game.
Back to top Go down
Jack
Admin
Jack

PostSubject: Re: Scores and highlights   Scores and highlights EmptyMon May 19, 2008 10:15 am

Northshore 6 Waunakee 4

We just dominated every single aspect of the game, our goalie had easily 25 saves (and if you've played against us you know hes a good goalie)

Last edited by Jack on Wed May 21, 2008 8:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
RiDE
Varsity
Varsity
RiDE

Number of posts : 448

PostSubject: Re: Scores and highlights   Scores and highlights EmptyMon May 19, 2008 10:36 am

relicdavis wrote:
I heard that game got pretty bad

the qoute i heard second or third hand was "were going to sharpen our sticks so we can stab you on groundballs" or something like that. i think were talking about the same game.
Back to top Go down
ownerer
Freshman
Freshman

PostSubject: Re: Scores and highlights   Scores and highlights EmptyMon May 19, 2008 11:13 am

Congrtats Jack good to hear this news
I don't want to get into specific accusation online but the Waunakee culture has to change at the youth level. The youth team has some brainless thugs. They supposedly suspended a few of them but we’ll see. We (sp) have to play them one more time since they put off our last game to handle these issues stated above. I was at the first game and was very concerned for the safety of our players. We took a 3 goal lead and they head hunted the rest of the game. I always keep bail money with me now. The coach in that game was not “crew cut” but an assistant by himself and he had no control over these kids and it was a pack mentality which included some parents yelling for more hitting. I always keep bail money with me now.

They (Waunakee) came back after interviews with the kids with some lame excuse like the stabbing comment was a misunderstanding.. Unbelievable. The sanctions from mala com out today.

Let me point out the youth program and HS program are completely separate in Waunakee.
Back to top Go down
northshorelax37
Freshman
Freshman
northshorelax37

Number of posts : 68
Registration date : 2007-05-12

PostSubject: Re: Scores and highlights   Scores and highlights EmptyMon May 19, 2008 10:15 pm

Jack wrote:
and if you've played against us you know hes a good goalie

Where is he gonna play highschool ball? hopefully for northshore, as we could use a young goalie
Back to top Go down
Jack
Admin
Jack

PostSubject: Re: Scores and highlights   Scores and highlights EmptyTue May 20, 2008 2:53 am

He's playing at MUHS, his brother is the current varsity backup for them.
Back to top Go down
laxfan
Rookie
Rookie

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2008-05-21

PostSubject: Re: Scores and highlights   Scores and highlights EmptyWed May 21, 2008 6:54 pm

I was at the sp/waunakee game. No excuse for waunakee's players to get out of hand, but sp has to take some of the fault. There was definitely "trash" talk going on from both teams. The "sharp stick" comment was a result of one of sp's players not having a butt at the end of their stick, and the ref refusing to check it. Still no excuse for alleged threats from one of waunakee's players.

Also, as far as waunakee's parents shouting, I did not hear anything from them, however, the sp parents were louder than any youth game I've ever attended, except for last year's sp youth game (and high school if I remember right). They had the refs so intimidated, there was no way the refs would call a penalty on sp. Maybe the sp parents should read MALA's rules on parents complaining to refs. Please note, I'm not making excuses for Waunakee, they definitely were at fault, but only one side of the story is being played here and sp is not completely innocent here.

I would also note that it's really bad taste for coaches (Jack and I'm sure others) to post on this forum. I believe the post states (a place for players to discuss youth lacrosse, not coaches to make comments that players may read)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Scores and highlights   Scores and highlights Empty

Back to top Go down

Scores and highlights
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next