Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

WE may quit shooting your team!

Go down 
+6
thedamnedfan
relicdavis
The Big Dipper
JordanEC23
wiMiddie
Photoguy!
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Photoguy!
JV
JV
Photoguy!

Number of posts : 132
Location : Edgerton, on the edge of nowhere, close to somewhere...
Registration date : 2007-06-22

WE may quit shooting your team! Empty
PostSubject: WE may quit shooting your team!   WE may quit shooting your team! EmptySun Apr 27, 2008 2:57 pm

Folks,

I have gone to many lengths to make sure that our photos are protected. Well apparently I haven't done enough.

I will stress and make very clear the fact we will refuse to shoot certain teams and players that continue stealing shots.

We take great pride in providing shots that you wouldn't normally see from other photographers without paying a very high premium for.

I don't think $12 is asking too much for a photo! There are plenty of photographers out there that charge $50 for a 5 X 7 shot from a tournament.

I have given out photos to players in addition to ones purchased by their parents from us.

We check daily and sometimes hourly on the status of the stuff we have shot.

Alright Im done for now....

Ross
Back to top Go down
http://crossczech.smugmug.com/  This is where you buy the awesom
wiMiddie
Freshman
Freshman

Number of posts : 59
Registration date : 2008-03-16

PostSubject: Re: WE may quit shooting your team!   WE may quit shooting your team! EmptySun Apr 27, 2008 6:12 pm

sorry to hear that Ross

just do me a favor and make it to the middleton vs. waunakee game Very Happy
Back to top Go down
JordanEC23
Varsity
Varsity
JordanEC23

Number of posts : 301
Registration date : 2007-05-13

PostSubject: Re: WE may quit shooting your team!   WE may quit shooting your team! EmptySun Apr 27, 2008 6:21 pm

Are people just grabbing them off of your website with watermarks and all? Dealing with copyright material alot I know how uncool that can be.
Back to top Go down
The Big Dipper
JV
JV
The Big Dipper

Number of posts : 161
Registration date : 2008-04-14

PostSubject: Re: WE may quit shooting your team!   WE may quit shooting your team! EmptySun Apr 27, 2008 8:00 pm

what teams are doing it? im havn't heard anything around middleton about it.. but if it is some of us i can make it stop
Back to top Go down
Photoguy!
JV
JV
Photoguy!

PostSubject: Re: WE may quit shooting your team!   WE may quit shooting your team! EmptySun Apr 27, 2008 9:02 pm

No specific teams are doing it just select individuals who I have spoken with so far.

We are still going to shoot everyone (some with a gun!)...kidding,

I just think what we need to do is create a new watermark so that way when it shows up on a photo you know that the shots are stolen or not.

Mabye a big curse word across it would help...and then again maybe not.

So you will see different changes on our photos from now on.

As you were....see you guys this week.

Ross
Back to top Go down
relicdavis
Varsity
Varsity
relicdavis

Number of posts : 404
Registration date : 2007-06-30

PostSubject: Re: WE may quit shooting your team!   WE may quit shooting your team! EmptySun Apr 27, 2008 9:09 pm

Jerry, Jerry, Jerry!
Back to top Go down
http://www.JanesvilleLacrosse.com
thedamnedfan
All-Conference
All-Conference
thedamnedfan

Number of posts : 799
Registration date : 2007-05-11

PostSubject: Re: WE may quit shooting your team!   WE may quit shooting your team! EmptyMon Apr 28, 2008 12:06 am

I would have to say that your watermark is fairly weak. Often very easy to fade out or crop to a certain position so that its not viewable. I would recommend making something larger, but opaic as well, that covers a larger portion of the image, or using a large opaic logo with a text wrap.

If you need help with laying out something to help protect your images, I may be able to lend some design assistance.
Back to top Go down
Photoguy!
JV
JV
Photoguy!

PostSubject: Re: WE may quit shooting your team!   WE may quit shooting your team! EmptyMon Apr 28, 2008 8:12 am

thedamnedfan wrote:
I would have to say that your watermark is fairly weak.

Yep I completely agree. That is what I will be working on today after I get back from dropping off the welding I had to do over the weekend and finishing the photos from yesterdays Verona vs. Memorial game.

Yea Drop me a PM as I was originally thinking about putting something up like this

WE may quit shooting your team! _v2p6910

WE may quit shooting your team! _v2p6410
Back to top Go down
DwinsChamps
Varsity
Varsity
DwinsChamps

Number of posts : 335
Registration date : 2007-05-14

PostSubject: Re: WE may quit shooting your team!   WE may quit shooting your team! EmptyMon Apr 28, 2008 12:34 pm

That's an improvement over the original watermark, but you could take it a step further to cover more of the photo and be a bit more obnoxious.
Back to top Go down
Butters
Varsity
Varsity

Number of posts : 352
Registration date : 2007-09-15

PostSubject: Re: WE may quit shooting your team!   WE may quit shooting your team! EmptyMon Apr 28, 2008 12:40 pm

I would suggest in photos of specific players covering the face with a water mark. Who wants a picture with their face covered?
Back to top Go down
thedamnedfan
All-Conference
All-Conference
thedamnedfan

Number of posts : 799
Registration date : 2007-05-11

PostSubject: Re: WE may quit shooting your team!   WE may quit shooting your team! EmptyTue Apr 29, 2008 2:33 am

Not sure about the new watermark, gives a very awkward line down the middle of the screen and a false image of the photo.
Back to top Go down
Guru
Guru

Number of posts : 204
Registration date : 2007-06-01

PostSubject: Re: WE may quit shooting your team!   WE may quit shooting your team! EmptyTue Apr 29, 2008 9:01 am

regardless of the watermark, it is only to protect the photo.
Back to top Go down
Photoguy!
JV
JV
Photoguy!

PostSubject: Re: WE may quit shooting your team!   WE may quit shooting your team! EmptyTue Apr 29, 2008 2:21 pm

Howabout this version now?

http://Crossczech.smugmug.com/gallery/4825387_pZVcp#287091672_2tZo5

I have come to the conclusion that no matter what, photos are going to be stolen from us.

I can put up so many watermarks that the only thing left your going to see is the face. But that means noone is going to buy them because they can't see the picture.

I am hoping that this latest version isn't too overpowering so that you don't notice the faces of the person we are taking the shot of.

Ross
Back to top Go down
foxmotox643
Freshman
Freshman
foxmotox643

Number of posts : 52
Registration date : 2007-05-19

PostSubject: Re: WE may quit shooting your team!   WE may quit shooting your team! EmptyTue Apr 29, 2008 2:25 pm

Photoguy are you never gonna shoot some arrowhead games?
Back to top Go down
Photoguy!
JV
JV
Photoguy!

PostSubject: Re: WE may quit shooting your team!   WE may quit shooting your team! EmptyTue Apr 29, 2008 2:57 pm

foxmotox643 wrote:
Photoguy are you never gonna shoot some arrowhead games?

you mean "ever"?

We will shoot any team that wants us to shoot them. It just comes down to when. The other unfortunate thing right now that everyone has to deal with is $4+ a gallon for gas is really putting a pinch on alot of things.

I can't say for sure if we will or wont cover any of your games. The goal right now for the rest of this season is to cover 2 games at least for each of the local teams here. This is so that hopefully we get every player on that team. If we have to go to another game we will.

I know for sure we will will cover as many games for the State tournament as possible also.

We are trying to cover both boys, and girls. Varsity and JV teams. So thats why I started to post schedules on Sunday nights here.

Currently though there is one other problem we have run into, I am the only shooter.

We initially were considering hiring another 2 shooters. But we haven't gotten to that point just yet. It's enivetable that it will happen but it's the when part that needs working out.

So the short answer to your question is...yes!

Smile

But you got the long version also.

Ross
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WE may quit shooting your team!   WE may quit shooting your team! Empty

Back to top Go down

WE may quit shooting your team!
Page 1 of 1