Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

NCAA Championship weekend picks

Go down 
+8
WiscoLax
Guru
RiDE
Nate
MUHS #30
JordanEC23
SiouxLax
veronalax33
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
SiouxLax
All-Conference
All-Conference
SiouxLax

Number of posts : 830
Registration date : 2007-05-11

NCAA Championship weekend picks - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: NCAA Championship weekend picks   NCAA Championship weekend picks - Page 2 EmptyMon May 05, 2008 12:06 pm

I agree with Duke winning, but I'm pretty confident that Syracuse will make it to the semis. And I don't think UMBC can beat UVA...but we'll just wait and find out.
Back to top Go down
http://www.undlacrosse.com
JordanEC23
Varsity
Varsity
JordanEC23

Number of posts : 301
Registration date : 2007-05-13

PostSubject: Re: NCAA Championship weekend picks   NCAA Championship weekend picks - Page 2 EmptyMon May 05, 2008 12:35 pm

UVA to UMBC is the only one top team I'm worried about the first round out of the big "four." For my entertainment value though I hope it's not going to be two upsets vs. one another in a semi. It was cool that Delaware made it last year but they sort of ran into a buzzsaw IMO, Alex Smith couldn't get it done against Peyser in that atmosphere. I dont know if I make any sense or am just rambling.
Back to top Go down
gfields5
JV
JV
gfields5

Number of posts : 145
Registration date : 2008-03-28

PostSubject: Re: NCAA Championship weekend picks   NCAA Championship weekend picks - Page 2 EmptyMon May 05, 2008 3:30 pm

I agree about Delaware last year, as even though it was cool that a darkhouse team like that made it, their performance in the semis was less than impressive. However, I think that the discrepency between the top-level teams and the mid-level teams has shrunken dramatically. For example, UMBC, playing #2 UVA and annually just an average team in a weaker conference, was ranked as high as #6 at one point, beat Maryland, and played Hopkins to a one goal game. I would not be surprised for them to make a run. afro
Back to top Go down
SiouxLax
All-Conference
All-Conference
SiouxLax

Number of posts : 830

PostSubject: Re: NCAA Championship weekend picks   NCAA Championship weekend picks - Page 2 EmptyMon May 05, 2008 3:31 pm

Fields, you're too smart.
Back to top Go down
http://www.undlacrosse.com
JordanEC23
Varsity
Varsity
JordanEC23

Number of posts : 301
Registration date : 2007-05-13

PostSubject: Re: NCAA Championship weekend picks   NCAA Championship weekend picks - Page 2 EmptyMon May 05, 2008 5:33 pm

Yeah, I would not be surprised at all if UMBC disturbed the bracket this year, I mean they did last year as well. I'm just upset that at the NCAA D1 Level we still have to worry about paying for planes and driving distances, hopefully in a few years that won't be an issue for the sport.
Back to top Go down
thedamnedfan
All-Conference
All-Conference
thedamnedfan

Number of posts : 799

PostSubject: Re: NCAA Championship weekend picks   NCAA Championship weekend picks - Page 2 EmptyMon May 05, 2008 6:52 pm

I would not put it past Colgate to come through and throw down. With ND in the first round, and probably Syracuse in the second if they win.

They took Syracuse this weekend 12-11, I wouldnt put it past to play the same game, but you never know. Syracuse will most likely jump on them knowing they came in tough the last game of regular season.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: NCAA Championship weekend picks   NCAA Championship weekend picks - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

NCAA Championship weekend picks
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2