Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Most bogus goal called/not called

Go down 
+6
Guru
thedamnedfan
JordanEC23
bigpattyboy36
Nate
SiouxLax
10 posters
AuthorMessage
SiouxLax
All-Conference
All-Conference
SiouxLax

Number of posts : 830
Registration date : 2007-05-11

Most bogus goal called/not called Empty
PostSubject: Most bogus goal called/not called   Most bogus goal called/not called EmptyThu May 01, 2008 10:11 pm

Just wondering if you have any good stories about a goal being called a goal that wasn't or vice versa.

Mine happened in the State semi-finals last year. Wausau took a shot, and I was on the crease or in it while this happened(followed a cutter to the goal from up top). The ball hit the top crossbar, bounced straight down, did not cross the goal line, it was on it but not complete across, and our goalie stepped on it so it wouldn't go any further. The ref who was only about 5 yards away came running in and called it a goal...both me and the goalie tried explaining that the ball never crossed the line, but the ref insisted it did. If we would have lost that game I would have been very upset, but since we won anyways I wasn't too bent out of shape over it.

Also...A game against Waunakee last year, they took a shot from almost 0 angle and the net moved...refs assumed the ball went in, but after we took the ball out from inside the net our goalie saw that there was a ball on the outside of the net. What happened is that a ball was left inside the net from warm-ups and the shot hit the outside of the net. Refs still called it a goal even though if you were there you would have seen that the shooter had no open goal to shoot at...let alone make the near side of the net move, only way it would have happened is if it hit far post and bounced in and hit near side of the net. But again we won that game anyways so it wasn't a huge deal...just bugged me since the refs are supposed to check the goal before game starts to make sure there aren't balls or anything inside of them.

So lets here your stories.
Back to top Go down
http://www.undlacrosse.com
Nate
All-Conference
All-Conference
Nate

Number of posts : 570
Registration date : 2007-05-12

PostSubject: Re: Most bogus goal called/not called   Most bogus goal called/not called EmptyThu May 01, 2008 10:13 pm

I ripped a shot against Brookfield smoked the goalies shin(sp?) and it went in the goal hit pipe inside and it went out. Ref called it no goal even though I clearly watched it go in and the ref had an even better angle than I did.
Back to top Go down
http://www.stoughtonlacrosse.com
bigpattyboy36
All-Conference
All-Conference
bigpattyboy36

Number of posts : 579

PostSubject: Re: Most bogus goal called/not called   Most bogus goal called/not called EmptyThu May 01, 2008 11:21 pm

does it have to be a goal?
Back to top Go down
JordanEC23
Varsity
Varsity
JordanEC23

Number of posts : 301
Registration date : 2007-05-13

PostSubject: Re: Most bogus goal called/not called   Most bogus goal called/not called EmptyThu May 01, 2008 11:22 pm

bigpattyboy36 wrote:

Yes, otherwise you'll be beaten and permanently banned from coming on the boards forever! cheers
Back to top Go down
bigpattyboy36
All-Conference
All-Conference
bigpattyboy36

Number of posts : 579

PostSubject: Re: Most bogus goal called/not called   Most bogus goal called/not called EmptyThu May 01, 2008 11:31 pm

Warriorlax23 wrote:
bigpattyboy36 wrote:

Yes, otherwise you'll be beaten and permanently banned from coming on the boards forever! cheers

oh no!
Back to top Go down
thedamnedfan
All-Conference
All-Conference
thedamnedfan

Number of posts : 799

PostSubject: Re: Most bogus goal called/not called   Most bogus goal called/not called EmptyFri May 02, 2008 1:38 am

It was 2007 Badger State games and Stoughton was playing Janesville, one of my last HS games. I was playing attack and got a quick stick on the crease, I cant remember exactly what happened though, I think it hit top post under it some bounced straight down and hit the stick or body and stopped, Troy (RelicDavis) had seen it on the crease and it had rolled back some and over the line, he fell back wards and swept at it with his stick and knocked it out of the goal.

The look on his face was defeat and ref didnt call a goal, he got back up to his feet and we talked, he said it was a goal, I just laughed and heckled the reffs sayin come on, its my last game. I think Troy said something like "I would have gave it to you."
Back to top Go down
Guru
Guru

Number of posts : 204
Registration date : 2007-06-01

PostSubject: Re: Most bogus goal called/not called   Most bogus goal called/not called EmptyFri May 02, 2008 9:51 am

Middleton Vs St. Charles (IL)

http://www.laxpower.com/update04/binboy/XMIDWI.PHP

Middleton lost 3-4 in 3 OT. Championship game mind you. - we ended up staying another day and playing another team from IL and beat them 9-8. Anyway...

During the Fox on the Rocks tournament, Middleton was playing this team. They were sending guys to Army, Duke, and a handful of D3 teams.

In the 4th quarter, we were up 3-1. They were getting a ton of penalties in the game and I was on the man up unit. I was playing top middie, and ran the ball down to X. I figured out what the finalizer move was and was practicing it a lot. I pulled it off and made the defender who switched (long pole on me now), he tripped over the net. I cam around the left side and ripped it in to the lower right. It hit the bottom pipe (on the in-side) and then hit the back of the goalie's helmet, then bounced BACK into the net. The goalie turned around...and pulled it out and cleared it. The refs continued on with the game, as all of us on man up were celebrating. They went down for a fast break.

3-2.... <-- WHAT!?

Our coach goes ape-crap and we get a huge penalty with delay of game, and language, and I think something else.

so we are 2-3 men down. They score off of the face-off. Not sure if it was right/wrong at the time, but they got possession after that goal and scored.

3-3... <-- Not cool!

THEN

we end the game, and go into 3 OT's.

During the 3rd OT, Brad Campbell takes a shot on the net and it goes in, dust flies off of the net. Their goalie pulls the same thing (apparently this was making a lot of teams in IL hate them). The ref didn't see it go in right away, so they decided to just reface (instead of doing alternating possession) which would have given us the ball back. We face-off, the kid on the other team jumps by a mile over Evan Roberts and they settle it down.

We are playing defensively sound at this moment, guy from St. Charles came around from X and did the Dive and they let it fly. Ref's explained that since it was a summer tournament, the dive was ok.

at the end of the tournament, we had a big celebration/cook out type of thing with all the teams. Before the presentation to St. Charles for the tournament win they called Middleton up for being the best shown team there, then they named Brad the tournament MVP.

The tournament directors were watching the game and really felt bad b/c of the officiating and told us after it should have been our win, they never hired those refs again.

Funny, one of the refs was the most hated referee in Wisconsin history.
Back to top Go down
The Big Dipper
JV
JV
The Big Dipper

Number of posts : 161
Registration date : 2008-04-14

PostSubject: Re: Most bogus goal called/not called   Most bogus goal called/not called EmptyFri May 02, 2008 10:01 am

yea, brad used to be my nieghbor so i heard allll about that from him and the coach, his dad.
Back to top Go down
RiDE
Varsity
Varsity
RiDE

Number of posts : 448

PostSubject: Re: Most bogus goal called/not called   Most bogus goal called/not called EmptyFri May 02, 2008 10:04 am

Nate wrote:
I ripped a shot against Brookfield smoked the goalies shin(sp?) and it went in the goal hit pipe inside and it went out. Ref called it no goal even though I clearly watched it go in and the ref had an even better angle than I did.

i called it that way cause it didnt completely cross the plain of hte goal, if you think about the angles, i think it would be impossible for it to hit the inside edge of the pipe, than cross the plane of the goal(so you can see air between the pipes and the ball, from the GLE which is how the rule reads) and then somehow come out.

on the middleton game... wtf who changes the rules because of hte time of year the game is played scratch
Back to top Go down
Lefty019
JV
JV
Lefty019

Number of posts : 147
Registration date : 2007-05-13

PostSubject: Re: Most bogus goal called/not called   Most bogus goal called/not called EmptyFri May 02, 2008 12:03 pm

This is kind of dumb question but is it really a rule that if the ball hits two pipes its a goal? It happened last night at Lafollete and they called it a goal.
Back to top Go down
SiouxLax
All-Conference
All-Conference
SiouxLax

Number of posts : 830

PostSubject: Re: Most bogus goal called/not called   Most bogus goal called/not called EmptyFri May 02, 2008 12:33 pm

Thats not a rule, but most likely if it hit two pipes, it went in.
Back to top Go down
http://www.undlacrosse.com
mmhs089
Rookie
Rookie
mmhs089

Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2007-05-17

PostSubject: Re: Most bogus goal called/not called   Most bogus goal called/not called EmptyFri May 02, 2008 4:04 pm

i had a shot against Eastside where i was about 20 yards off the right pipe and i ripped it across the goalie's chest and it hit net an inch or two in off the left pipe, textbook, i raised my hand up to celebrate and play stopped, our team started to cheer, the goalie slammed his stick in frustration, then everyone realized there was no signal from the ref. The goalie rached back INTO THE GOAL, picked up the ball and began their clear. extremely frusturating.
Back to top Go down
RiDE
Varsity
Varsity
RiDE

Number of posts : 448

PostSubject: Re: Most bogus goal called/not called   Most bogus goal called/not called EmptyTue May 06, 2008 9:49 am

SiouxLax wrote:
Thats not a rule, but most likely if it hit two pipes, it went in.

actually if you think about the angles it would have to hit each pipe to go straight across and hit another pipe, and then come out, there is no possible way it could hit 2 pipes and be a goal enless it hits the pipes that run along the ground, to the back of the goal.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Most bogus goal called/not called   Most bogus goal called/not called Empty

Back to top Go down

Most bogus goal called/not called
Page 1 of 1