Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Something I noticed...

Go down 
+4
thedamnedfan
Jack
Keeper33
SiouxLax
8 posters
AuthorMessage
SiouxLax
All-Conference
All-Conference
SiouxLax

Number of posts : 830
Registration date : 2007-05-11

Something I noticed... Empty
PostSubject: Something I noticed...   Something I noticed... EmptyFri May 18, 2007 12:06 am

Threads keep going WAYYYY off topic and it's getting hard to follow what is going on in all of them. Please try to keep everything on topic. If something doesnt fit in the thread you are reading make a new one.
Back to top Go down
http://www.undlacrosse.com
Keeper33
JV
JV
Keeper33

Number of posts : 159
Registration date : 2007-05-12

PostSubject: Re: Something I noticed...   Something I noticed... EmptyFri May 18, 2007 3:22 pm

maybe we as a state of lacrosse are suffering from a case of add? anyone else start staring when a hawk flies over your practice?
Back to top Go down
Jack
Admin
Jack

Number of posts : 741

PostSubject: Re: Something I noticed...   Something I noticed... EmptyFri May 18, 2007 4:07 pm

middletons field is not to far away from morey airport in middleton, and every time during practice senior year, a trick airplaine would fly over our field upside down, or doing flippy things or whatever (im sure ahslax could tell us what they're called)... well anyways, usually the practices would just kinda pause and we'd watch the plane... or maybe that was just me
Back to top Go down
http://www.wisconsinlax.aforumfree.com
Keeper33
JV
JV
Keeper33

PostSubject: Re: Something I noticed...   Something I noticed... EmptyFri May 18, 2007 4:09 pm

Last year an ice cream truck came by our practice and we convinced our coach to let us go buy some. felt kinda sorry for all of the other players cause it was right before we wrapped up practice with a full feild scrimmage. Our assistant coach got like 3-4 things from the ice cream man too.
Back to top Go down
thedamnedfan
All-Conference
All-Conference
thedamnedfan

Number of posts : 799

PostSubject: Re: Something I noticed...   Something I noticed... EmptyFri May 18, 2007 5:35 pm

We will be in the middle of a drill or being talked to by the coaches and we will have a wood chuck run across the field and distract everyone.

Last year a played chased one every once in a while.
Back to top Go down
Keeper33
JV
JV
Keeper33

PostSubject: Re: Something I noticed...   Something I noticed... EmptyFri May 18, 2007 7:50 pm

best thing is when you have a flock of sea gulls on your feild and you all grab a ball and chase them down and have some target practice
Back to top Go down
Jack
Admin
Jack

PostSubject: Re: Something I noticed...   Something I noticed... EmptyFri May 18, 2007 8:19 pm

i hit a goose that was on our field this year (UWM) with a long pole, hit it right in the long neck as it was trying to fly away... i then got greedy and threw the stick again and it got stuck in a tree...
Back to top Go down
Keeper33
JV
JV
Keeper33

PostSubject: Re: Something I noticed...   Something I noticed... EmptyFri May 18, 2007 11:33 pm

lmao, I hope you got it back. hmmm no goose for dinner i am assuming though?
Back to top Go down
smurflax28
Rookie
Rookie
smurflax28

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2007-05-21

PostSubject: Re: Something I noticed...   Something I noticed... EmptyTue May 22, 2007 1:26 am

I love how this topic was made to stay on task. And all of a sudden, it turns into how everyone has ADD and gets off task. So in a way.... It's on task.
Back to top Go down
Keeper33
JV
JV
Keeper33

PostSubject: Re: Something I noticed...   Something I noticed... EmptyTue May 22, 2007 7:39 am

we just prove a point a round about add way
Back to top Go down
Jack
Admin
Jack

PostSubject: Re: Something I noticed...   Something I noticed... EmptyThu May 24, 2007 7:45 am

keeper, you should wear baggier pants, and pull the elastic up to about the middle of ur knee/shin.
Back to top Go down
Keeper33
JV
JV
Keeper33

PostSubject: Re: Something I noticed...   Something I noticed... EmptyThu May 24, 2007 3:16 pm

that is from myu sophmore year i wear shorts now unless it is really cold out. I wore sweats until Brewtown last year but i realized i was cooking myself for no good reason and hardly any more padding
Back to top Go down
The Butt

PostSubject: Re: Something I noticed...   Something I noticed... EmptyThu May 24, 2007 9:19 pm

If you honestly wore sweats for padding, I hope you've seeked help. They're purpose is they give you a lot more freedom of motion, shorts can be restrictive if you do agile things such as the splits. Also if they're oober baggy they occasionally could make a save for you.
Back to top Go down
SiouxLax
All-Conference
All-Conference
SiouxLax

Number of posts : 830

PostSubject: Re: Something I noticed...   Something I noticed... EmptyThu May 24, 2007 9:40 pm

Thought the rule on sweatpants is that they cant form a web between the legs...aka if they are too baggy they are illegal.
Back to top Go down
http://www.undlacrosse.com
Keeper33
JV
JV
Keeper33

PostSubject: Re: Something I noticed...   Something I noticed... EmptyThu May 24, 2007 10:14 pm

The Butters wrote:
If you honestly wore sweats for padding, I hope you've seeked help. They're purpose is they give you a lot more freedom of motion, shorts can be restrictive if you do agile things such as the splits. Also if they're oober baggy they occasionally could make a save for you.

how are shorts restrictive? and yes sweats have made saves for me when the ball grazes my leg and gets caught on the pant leg and sent wide but they are way to hot during the summer and i feel constricted in them now.
Back to top Go down
The Butt

PostSubject: Re: Something I noticed...   Something I noticed... EmptyThu May 24, 2007 10:56 pm

I find any shorts other than the stretchable underarmour ones to be restrictive. My legs are big enough to a point where if I'm not wearing some kind of spandex or stretchy enough shorts, I'll rip the shorts. So yeah, they're restrictive, just try doing the splits in boxers and regular shorts, you'llg et the hint.
Back to top Go down
bigpattyboy36
All-Conference
All-Conference
bigpattyboy36

Number of posts : 579

PostSubject: Re: Something I noticed...   Something I noticed... EmptyThu May 24, 2007 11:25 pm

underarmour is really nice quality, you pretty much cant beat it...
Back to top Go down
The Butt

PostSubject: Re: Something I noticed...   Something I noticed... EmptyFri May 25, 2007 12:15 pm

It's true, as overpriced as it is (UnderArmour is one of the cheapest materials in the world to make) it's amazing.
Back to top Go down
RiDE
Varsity
Varsity
RiDE

Number of posts : 448

PostSubject: Re: Something I noticed...   Something I noticed... EmptyFri May 25, 2007 1:57 pm

its probably made in sweatshops too, making it even cheeper. i wouldnt be suprised
Back to top Go down
Keeper33
JV
JV
Keeper33

PostSubject: Re: Something I noticed...   Something I noticed... EmptyFri May 25, 2007 6:38 pm

hmm i've never ripped shorts though i have ripped out wind pants and some cheap sweats while playing indoor and in practice
Back to top Go down
The Butt

PostSubject: Re: Something I noticed...   Something I noticed... EmptyFri May 25, 2007 8:29 pm

Wind pants were a poor decision indeed. Sweatpants are quite difficult too if you size them for goalie, aka at least 1-2 sizes larger, which mine usually are. I've never "ripped" shorts but I've definately felt them restrict movement.
Back to top Go down
Keeper33
JV
JV
Keeper33

PostSubject: Re: Something I noticed...   Something I noticed... EmptyFri May 25, 2007 10:08 pm

how do they restrict movement, like where on your legs do they catch? is my only question. Mine slide up my thigh if anything and I feel i am much more mobile (as previously stated) with shorts than sweats.
Back to top Go down
The Butt

PostSubject: Re: Something I noticed...   Something I noticed... EmptySat May 26, 2007 2:18 am

Like I said I have thick legs from playing hockey. If I try to stretch too far they start catching. I either have to go for shorts that are too short so they don't do that, or get triple xl's.
Back to top Go down
Jaron
Admin
Jaron

Number of posts : 480

PostSubject: Re: Something I noticed...   Something I noticed... EmptySat May 26, 2007 11:49 pm

If you guys wanna start a new thread on what goalies wear, go for it. As for now Im just gonna close this down because it has no topic, and has gotten off whatever topic it was carrying.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Something I noticed...   Something I noticed... Empty

Back to top Go down

Something I noticed...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: www.wiscolax.com-
Jump to: