Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The Second Coming

Go down 
+10
RiDE
Nate
veronalax33
SiouxLax
Butters
Jack
Colin44
krks34
JordanEC23
thedamnedfan
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
bigpattyboy36
All-Conference
All-Conference
bigpattyboy36

Number of posts : 579
Registration date : 2007-05-12

The Second Coming - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Second Coming   The Second Coming - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 09, 2008 8:01 pm

i dunno, i my personal opinion an NFL record holding veteran QB who led(or is it lead?) the youngest team in the league to the NFC Championship is a bit more valuable than a 2nd or 3rd round draft pick.

whose call is that? --> ted thompson's. thus, the packers are morons.

w/e there's nothing that can be done about it anymore. Packers are still going to dominate the NFC north and will probably make a deep run into the playoffs again.
Back to top Go down
bigpattyboy36
All-Conference
All-Conference
bigpattyboy36

Number of posts : 579

PostSubject: Re: The Second Coming   The Second Coming - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 09, 2008 8:03 pm

SiouxLax wrote:
^ They said they would have opened it to a competition for the spot.

and a-rod wouldnt have stood a chance.
Back to top Go down
veronalax33
JV
JV
veronalax33

Number of posts : 185
Registration date : 2007-09-24

PostSubject: Re: The Second Coming   The Second Coming - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 10, 2008 12:08 am

I really don't see why a lot of people don't have a lot of faith in Rodgers. Favre went out against the Cowboys last year when we were both 6-0 and Rodgers took his place and didn't do too bad. His performance in that intersquad scrimmage was pretty bad, but that doesn't count for anything.
Back to top Go down
Butters
Varsity
Varsity

Number of posts : 352
Registration date : 2007-09-15

PostSubject: Re: The Second Coming   The Second Coming - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 10, 2008 12:46 am

What has Rodger's done to warrant us having faith in him? Yes he had a very commendable effort vs a Dallas team that gave up the second Favre left knowing the game was won. So because of this, we should believe that he'll be better than the guy who finished runner up in MVP voting, has broken every meaningful passing record, and has been the lone consistency in the Packers for the last 16 years.

Packer fans have truly been spoiled to have such a consistent great player at quarterback. And yes, he was pushed to make a decision early. None of us could possibly understand how difficult it is to decide when to stop playing the sport we love and what we've made a living off of, especially after the year he just had. Mccarthy and Thompson WANTED Favre gone, if they didn't he'd be a Packer and our starting qb right now. They've bet everything on an unproven quarterback, from a college system that has done nothing but breed NFL busts (Akili Smith, Joey Harrington, Kyle Boller). Let's think about who we're calling a moron. Brett Favre was indecisive, the Packers management is the moron.
Back to top Go down
Butters
Varsity
Varsity

PostSubject: Re: The Second Coming   The Second Coming - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 10, 2008 12:49 am

bigpattyboy36 wrote:
Packers are still going to dominate the NFC north and will probably make a deep run into the playoffs again.
Very unlikely to be honest. Minnesota has a better running game, a better defense. All Tarvaris Jackson has to do on that team is not lose the game for them. Packers will be unfortunately watching playoffs from home this year.
Back to top Go down
Nate
All-Conference
All-Conference
Nate

Number of posts : 570

PostSubject: Re: The Second Coming   The Second Coming - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 10, 2008 12:52 am

Butters wrote:
Very unlikely to be honest. Minnesota has a better running game, a better defense. All Tarvaris Jackson has to do on that team is not lose the game for them. Packers will be unfortunately watching playoffs from home this year.

Running game, yes. Defense.. hell no.
Back to top Go down
http://www.stoughtonlacrosse.com
Butters
Varsity
Varsity

PostSubject: Re: The Second Coming   The Second Coming - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 10, 2008 1:00 am

Nate wrote:
Running game, yes. Defense.. hell no.
Well, they had the best run defense in the NFL last year, and they just added a pro bowl DE in Jared Allen, which will help their pass defense because of the pressure he'll create. Whereas the Packers rely on two quickly aging corners who are very overrated (remember Plaxico Burress torching Al Harris?). They also had more Int's/Fumble Recoveries than the Packers. If they're secondary plays even decent they're a SIGNIFICANTLY better defense.
Back to top Go down
veronalax33
JV
JV
veronalax33

PostSubject: Re: The Second Coming   The Second Coming - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 10, 2008 12:09 pm

Butters is right. Last year they had one of, if not the most, productive defenses in fantasy football.
Back to top Go down
thedamnedfan
All-Conference
All-Conference
thedamnedfan

Number of posts : 799
Registration date : 2007-05-11

PostSubject: Re: The Second Coming   The Second Coming - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 10, 2008 3:20 pm

And they have Jarred Allen now, which is stupid. Because he made the Chiefs good... now the Chiefs will suck once more.
Back to top Go down
Nate
All-Conference
All-Conference
Nate

Number of posts : 570

PostSubject: Re: The Second Coming   The Second Coming - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 10, 2008 6:52 pm

Butters wrote:
Well, they had the best run defense in the NFL last year, and they just added a pro bowl DE in Jared Allen, which will help their pass defense because of the pressure he'll create. Whereas the Packers rely on two quickly aging corners who are very overrated (remember Plaxico Burress torching Al Harris?). They also had more Int's/Fumble Recoveries than the Packers. If they're secondary plays even decent they're a SIGNIFICANTLY better defense.

So are you saying all Packers defense has is two good players on defense? What about Hawk, Kampman, Poppinga, Barnett, Tauscher, Cliffton, Jenkins, Pickett, KGB? They're all pretty damn good if you ask me.. and do their jobs well.
Back to top Go down
http://www.stoughtonlacrosse.com
veronalax33
JV
JV
veronalax33

PostSubject: Re: The Second Coming   The Second Coming - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 10, 2008 7:40 pm

Nate wrote:
Butters wrote:

So are you saying all Packers defense has is two good players on defense? What about Hawk, Kampman, Poppinga, Barnett, Tauscher, Cliffton, Jenkins, Pickett, KGB? They're all pretty damn good if you ask me.. and do their jobs well.

I agree that the Packers have more than two good defensive starters, but you emphasized it a bit too much. Unless I missed out on something, Tauscher and Clifton are on the O-line.
Back to top Go down
LancerGK
Rookie
Rookie
LancerGK

Number of posts : 42
Registration date : 2008-01-13

PostSubject: Re: The Second Coming   The Second Coming - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 10, 2008 8:34 pm

Poppinga, Jenkins, Pickett are nothing overly special as well. And KGB is on the down side of his career.
Back to top Go down
Butters
Varsity
Varsity

PostSubject: Re: The Second Coming   The Second Coming - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 11, 2008 12:36 am

Nate wrote:
Well lets stick with defense, so Tauscher and Clifton would be out of consideration. KGB is trash now. Jenkins Pickett and Poppinga are alright nothing special. Kampan is a one trick pony (unless he can bullrush the O-lineman he doesn't get sacks). Hawk and Barnett are solid. But unfortunately names don't stop the run, names don't stop the pass. And if you'll read my post carefully, I say the Packers rely on the corners, which is 100% true. The only way Woodson and Harris play is extremely physical on the line. Yes when this works it's effective, but when it doesn't the Packers are easily torched by a single player.
Back to top Go down
veronalax33
JV
JV
veronalax33

PostSubject: Re: The Second Coming   The Second Coming - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 11, 2008 1:00 am

Butters wrote:
Nate wrote:
Well lets stick with defense, so Tauscher and Clifton would be out of consideration. KGB is trash now. Jenkins Pickett and Poppinga are alright nothing special. Kampan is a one trick pony (unless he can bullrush the O-lineman he doesn't get sacks). Hawk and Barnett are solid. But unfortunately names don't stop the run, names don't stop the pass. And if you'll read my post carefully, I say the Packers rely on the corners, which is 100% true. The only way Woodson and Harris play is extremely physical on the line. Yes when this works it's effective, but when it doesn't the Packers are easily torched by a single player.

Quite possibly the best summary of the Packers defense ever.
Back to top Go down
thedamnedfan
All-Conference
All-Conference
thedamnedfan

Number of posts : 799
Registration date : 2007-05-11

PostSubject: Re: The Second Coming   The Second Coming - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 11, 2008 1:37 am

Butters nailed that hard... I agree 100%.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Second Coming   The Second Coming - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Second Coming
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: www.wiscolax.com-
Jump to: