Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Marquette Tourney

Go down 
+5
Panchito
DwinsChamps
bigpattyboy36
gbpackers12
Butters
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Butters
Varsity
Varsity

Number of posts : 352
Registration date : 2007-09-15

Marquette Tourney Empty
PostSubject: Marquette Tourney   Marquette Tourney EmptySun Oct 12, 2008 11:43 pm

Whitewater played UWM and Marquette Friday night under the lights. We won both games, with the UWM game going in to OT, I think a final of 5-4? Versus Marquette I believe it was 5-3. On Saturday Whitewater lost to Carthage 9-1 and to Marquette in the championship game of the tournament I believe 5-3. I wasn't there on Saturday so I'm not certain of those scores. All teams seemed to play pretty well with close games throughout regardless of score from what I was told (except the MSOE games).
Back to top Go down
gbpackers12
Freshman
Freshman
gbpackers12

Number of posts : 61
Registration date : 2008-04-11

Marquette Tourney Empty
PostSubject: Re: Marquette Tourney   Marquette Tourney EmptyMon Oct 13, 2008 11:24 am

was david hoeft the starting goalie for carthage?
Back to top Go down
bigpattyboy36
All-Conference
All-Conference
bigpattyboy36

Number of posts : 579
Registration date : 2007-05-12

Marquette Tourney Empty
PostSubject: Re: Marquette Tourney   Marquette Tourney EmptyMon Oct 13, 2008 11:44 am

if i recall... there were 3 or 4 goalies for carthage, each goalie got a start. Hoeft started the first game of the day(the first of four) and from what i saw he did okay. didnt get to see too much of the game because i was 1)sleeping through the first half then 2) warming up with my team for the second half.

overall the weekend was pretty fun. i was exhausted from start to finish, but it was a good time.
Back to top Go down
Butters
Varsity
Varsity

Number of posts : 352
Registration date : 2007-09-15

Marquette Tourney Empty
PostSubject: Re: Marquette Tourney   Marquette Tourney EmptyMon Oct 13, 2008 2:16 pm

gbpackers12 wrote:
was david hoeft the starting goalie for carthage?
From what I was told (I wasn't there Saturday) Hoeft played at least in one game and struggled. I guess their goalie with the red mesh was significantly the best goalie. Anyone who was there was Colton Warner playing, I asked but no one I talked to noticed him there.
Back to top Go down
DwinsChamps
Varsity
Varsity
DwinsChamps

Number of posts : 335
Registration date : 2007-05-14

Marquette Tourney Empty
PostSubject: Re: Marquette Tourney   Marquette Tourney EmptyMon Oct 13, 2008 3:17 pm

I'm under the impression that Colton decided not to go to Carthage.
Back to top Go down
Panchito
Rookie
Rookie

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2008-09-09

Marquette Tourney Empty
PostSubject: Re: Marquette Tourney   Marquette Tourney EmptyTue Oct 14, 2008 8:57 am

Butters wrote:
Whitewater played UWM and Marquette Friday night under the lights. We won both games, with the UWM game going in to OT, I think a final of 5-4? Versus Marquette I believe it was 5-3. On Saturday Whitewater lost to Carthage 9-1 and to Marquette in the championship game of the tournament I believe 5-3. I wasn't there on Saturday so I'm not certain of those scores. All teams seemed to play pretty well with close games throughout regardless of score from what I was told (except the MSOE games).

Butters all of that is accurate except the last comment. While MSOE did struggle a bit in their game with us on Friday night, they bounced back and beat UWM in the Consolation Game and played much better on Saturday than on Friday night in my opinion.

I believe MSOE is making strides in the right direction and it showed with their win on Saturday.
Back to top Go down
Jaron
Admin
Jaron

Number of posts : 480
Registration date : 2007-05-11

Marquette Tourney Empty
PostSubject: Re: Marquette Tourney   Marquette Tourney EmptyTue Oct 14, 2008 12:20 pm

Our team was fried in our game against MSOE. Not to take anything from them, but it was our third game in a row, fresh off a great game with Carthage. It was dissapointing to say the least.

Carthage looked good. Their freshman attackmen from Canada was a walking highlight reel. All 1st and 2nd line middies had great shots on the run, And the defense played well as a unit, especially as a group of underclassmen. The team and staff was extremely classy.
Back to top Go down
Guru
Guru

Number of posts : 204
Registration date : 2007-06-01

Marquette Tourney Empty
PostSubject: Re: Marquette Tourney   Marquette Tourney EmptyTue Oct 14, 2008 4:15 pm

Jaron wrote:
Our team was fried in our game against MSOE. Not to take anything from them, but it was our third game in a row, fresh off a great game with Carthage. It was dissapointing to say the least.

Carthage looked good. Their freshman attackmen from Canada was a walking highlight reel. All 1st and 2nd line middies had great shots on the run, And the defense played well as a unit, especially as a group of underclassmen. The team and staff was extremely classy.

if your talking about #5, he did put up some points but he was STRUGGLING to finish. kid should put some pounds on haha

the middies did look really good
Back to top Go down
Jack
Admin
Jack

Number of posts : 741

Marquette Tourney Empty
PostSubject: Re: Marquette Tourney   Marquette Tourney EmptyTue Oct 14, 2008 4:51 pm

Yeah #5 had twig legs
Back to top Go down
http://www.wisconsinlax.aforumfree.com
bigpattyboy36
All-Conference
All-Conference
bigpattyboy36

Number of posts : 579
Registration date : 2007-05-12

Marquette Tourney Empty
PostSubject: Re: Marquette Tourney   Marquette Tourney EmptyTue Oct 14, 2008 4:52 pm

carthage didnt fail to impress, but i didnt think they were men among boys. every carthage player had pretty good stick skills, and former GB Notre Dame Middie Alex Smith was dominant on faceoffs, but there wasnt any one player who i thought couldnt be stopped.

which one was from canadia?
Back to top Go down
Guru
Guru

Number of posts : 204
Registration date : 2007-06-01

Marquette Tourney Empty
PostSubject: Re: Marquette Tourney   Marquette Tourney EmptyTue Oct 14, 2008 5:01 pm

bigpattyboy36 wrote:
carthage didnt fail to impress, but i didnt think they were men among boys. every carthage player had pretty good stick skills, and former GB Notre Dame Middie Alex Smith was dominant on faceoffs, but there wasnt any one player who i thought couldnt be stopped.

which one was from canadia?

numbah 5 with the chicken legs
Back to top Go down
veronalax33
JV
JV
veronalax33

Number of posts : 185
Registration date : 2007-09-24

Marquette Tourney Empty
PostSubject: Re: Marquette Tourney   Marquette Tourney EmptyTue Oct 14, 2008 5:21 pm

DwinsChamps wrote:
I'm under the impression that Colton decided not to go to Carthage.

I think I heard that he's going to MATC this semester to try and save a bit of money and then head over to Carthage for 2nd semester. But then again, that's purely off of word of mouth.
Back to top Go down
Jack
Admin
Jack

Number of posts : 741

Marquette Tourney Empty
PostSubject: Re: Marquette Tourney   Marquette Tourney EmptyWed Oct 15, 2008 11:37 am

Lets try to keep the rumors to a minimum if possible. Thanks guys.

And by the way, here is a link to Carthages Roster
http://www.carthage.edu/athleticspages/mens/lacrosse/roster.html

Looks like they have kids from British Columbia Canada, California, Texas, Missouri, Indiana, Michigan, Illinois, Minnesota, Colorado, and Wisconsin.

Among the Wisconsin kids are players from
Sun Prairie
Wausau
GB-ND
Waunakee
Middleton

Nice to see all the representation. By the way, the fogo, Alex Smith was very skilled, and great to hear he was from Green Bay. Dustin Heinrichs was a pole from Wausau, he was very athletic, had a good stick and was a very very good guy to talk to. Carthage was extremely classy and i'm excited to see how they do!
Back to top Go down
http://www.wisconsinlax.aforumfree.com
Sponsored content

Marquette Tourney Empty
PostSubject: Re: Marquette Tourney   Marquette Tourney Empty

Back to top Go down

Marquette Tourney
Page 1 of 1