Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Concordia U adds DIII lacrosse

Go down 
+3
Jaron
Butters
Yeomen5
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Yeomen5
Rookie
Rookie

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2007-05-18

Concordia U adds DIII lacrosse Empty
PostSubject: Concordia U adds DIII lacrosse   Concordia U adds DIII lacrosse EmptyThu Jun 04, 2009 12:51 pm

http://www.laxpower.com/laxnews/news.php?story=15616

Pretty impressive that WI will have 2 NCAA lacrosse teams. Does Illinois have any? Good day for lacrosse in WI.
Back to top Go down
Butters
Varsity
Varsity

Number of posts : 352
Registration date : 2007-09-15

PostSubject: Re: Concordia U adds DIII lacrosse   Concordia U adds DIII lacrosse EmptyThu Jun 04, 2009 1:31 pm

Illinois has Northwestern for girls lacrosse who I'm pretty sure is decent, not sure though. Good to see these schools adding teams, let's see one of the state schools jump in they could get great recruiting classes with the UW systems ridiculously low tuition and how good the schools are.
Back to top Go down
Jaron
Admin
Jaron

Number of posts : 480
Registration date : 2007-05-11

PostSubject: Re: Concordia U adds DIII lacrosse   Concordia U adds DIII lacrosse EmptyThu Jun 04, 2009 2:43 pm

MSOE should be adding DIII lacrosse as well, bringing the count up to three. That would be more then any other state in the midwest.

Wow.

My biggest fear is that the programs will kill each other. The lack of a deep recruiting scene in the area, and the fact the schools will be in direct competition with each other could equal bad things.

For now, this is a great thing.
Back to top Go down
veronalax33
JV
JV
veronalax33

Number of posts : 185
Registration date : 2007-09-24

PostSubject: Re: Concordia U adds DIII lacrosse   Concordia U adds DIII lacrosse EmptyThu Jun 04, 2009 3:52 pm

Butters wrote:
Illinois has Northwestern for girls lacrosse who I'm pretty sure is decent, not sure though.

Not positive, but I'm pretty sure they have won the past 5 championships for girls DI lacrosse.

But glad to hear about another team other than Carthage going to the NCAA level. Where exactly is Concordia U?
Back to top Go down
Butters
Varsity
Varsity

Number of posts : 352
Registration date : 2007-09-15

PostSubject: Re: Concordia U adds DIII lacrosse   Concordia U adds DIII lacrosse EmptyThu Jun 04, 2009 5:39 pm

veronalax33 wrote:
Not positive, but I'm pretty sure they have won the past 5 championships for girls DI lacrosse.
I was joking.
Back to top Go down
Yeomen5
Rookie
Rookie

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2007-05-18

PostSubject: Re: Concordia U adds DIII lacrosse   Concordia U adds DIII lacrosse EmptyThu Jun 04, 2009 10:04 pm

DIII men's in IL too:

http://insidelacrosse.com/page.cfm?pagerid=2&news=fdetail&storyid=204719
Back to top Go down
Ron Mexico
Freshman
Freshman
Ron Mexico

Number of posts : 74
Registration date : 2008-02-06

PostSubject: Re: Concordia U adds DIII lacrosse   Concordia U adds DIII lacrosse EmptyFri Jun 05, 2009 1:40 am

veronalax33 wrote:
But glad to hear about another team other than Carthage going to the NCAA level. Where exactly is Concordia U?

Milwaukee, they are all close to each other

and they will not kill each other in recruiting, most recruits will sadly be not from wisconsin.(pick it up guys hit the wall!!)
Back to top Go down
DwinsChamps
Varsity
Varsity
DwinsChamps

Number of posts : 335
Registration date : 2007-05-14

PostSubject: Re: Concordia U adds DIII lacrosse   Concordia U adds DIII lacrosse EmptyFri Jun 05, 2009 1:56 am

Jaron wrote:
My biggest fear is that the programs will kill each other. The lack of a deep recruiting scene in the area, and the fact the schools will be in direct competition with each other could equal bad things.

For now, this is a great thing.

WI lax alone can't fuel all these teams. In the short run, these new programs will probably feel the pain of limited quality recruits.

But, I see the regional lacrosse scene picking up considerably by the time these schools are able to brand themselves and extend their reaches. They'll be able to pull more from Chicago, Michigan, St. Louis, etc, and while they'll always be competing for similar prospects, the talent pool should grow wide and deep.
Back to top Go down
Jaron
Admin
Jaron

Number of posts : 480

PostSubject: Re: Concordia U adds DIII lacrosse   Concordia U adds DIII lacrosse EmptyFri Jun 05, 2009 3:35 pm

Schools now competing directly for some of the same recruits:

Carthage (WI)
Concordia (WI)
MSOE (WI)
Fontbonne (MO)
Trine (IN)
Adrian (MI)
Hendrix (AR)

Not too mention in a sense

OWU, Dension, Oberlin, Kenyon, Wooster, and Wittenberg.

Plus countless MCLA schools such as Duluth, Michigan, Lindenwood, Illinois, and Minnesota.

On another note, I have some contacts telling me there will be a conference formed with many of the teams listed above in a lacrosse only midwestern conference, similar to what the GWLL did at the D1 level.

This spells potential AQ bid, and countless first round slaughters for whatever team wins it.
Back to top Go down
MUHS #30
JV
JV
MUHS #30

Number of posts : 216

PostSubject: Re: Concordia U adds DIII lacrosse   Concordia U adds DIII lacrosse EmptyFri Jun 05, 2009 6:05 pm

Here it is, The Midwest Lacrosse Conference:
http://www.laxmagazine.com/college_men/DIII/2008-09/news/060409_midwestlc
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Concordia U adds DIII lacrosse   Concordia U adds DIII lacrosse Empty

Back to top Go down

Concordia U adds DIII lacrosse
Page 1 of 1