Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Sun Prairie Cardinal Shootout

Go down 
+6
Jack
Ron Mexico
laxfan1
tidbits
SpLAX
spike
10 posters
AuthorMessage
spike
Rookie
Rookie

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2009-06-01

Sun Prairie Cardinal Shootout Empty
PostSubject: Sun Prairie Cardinal Shootout   Sun Prairie Cardinal Shootout EmptyFri Jun 26, 2009 11:58 am

Good job hosting this fine tournament ! Everything was well run and organized, Thanks for a great weekend. The only problem was The Verona 7/8 th grade team, They need a lesson on sportsmanship and honoring the game !
Back to top Go down
SpLAX
Freshman
Freshman
SpLAX

Number of posts : 82
Registration date : 2007-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Sun Prairie Cardinal Shootout   Sun Prairie Cardinal Shootout EmptyFri Jun 26, 2009 12:30 pm

Thanks Spike. Glad you had a good time.
Back to top Go down
http://www.sunprairielacrosse.com
tidbits
JV
JV
tidbits

Number of posts : 174
Registration date : 2007-06-01

PostSubject: Re: Sun Prairie Cardinal Shootout   Sun Prairie Cardinal Shootout EmptyFri Jun 26, 2009 7:27 pm

whoever's idea it was to give refs free food...tell them that i love them
Back to top Go down
laxfan1
Rookie
Rookie

Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2009-03-28

PostSubject: Re: Sun Prairie Cardinal Shootout   Sun Prairie Cardinal Shootout EmptySun Jun 28, 2009 7:29 pm

This was a great tournament it was very well put together and run. Next year I'd like to see a high school division though so there is something else besides brewtown a poorly ran and super expensive tournament
Back to top Go down
Ron Mexico
Freshman
Freshman
Ron Mexico

Number of posts : 74
Registration date : 2008-02-06

PostSubject: Re: Sun Prairie Cardinal Shootout   Sun Prairie Cardinal Shootout EmptySun Jun 28, 2009 10:55 pm

laxfan1 wrote:
This was a great tournament it was very well put together and run. Next year I'd like to see a high school division though so there is something else besides brewtown a poorly ran and super expensive tournament
YES! please
Back to top Go down
Jack
Admin
Jack

Number of posts : 741
Registration date : 2007-05-11

PostSubject: Re: Sun Prairie Cardinal Shootout   Sun Prairie Cardinal Shootout EmptyMon Jun 29, 2009 12:25 am

laxfan1 wrote:

That is pretty disrespectful to all of the people involved in running that tournament. It's the biggest tournament in the state. Best weekend of lax of the year.
Back to top Go down
http://www.wisconsinlax.aforumfree.com
SpLAX
Freshman
Freshman
SpLAX

Number of posts : 82
Registration date : 2007-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Sun Prairie Cardinal Shootout   Sun Prairie Cardinal Shootout EmptyMon Jun 29, 2009 7:10 am

Thanks for the kind words. After running a tourney, I have a new found respect for all the hard work that goes into an endeavor like Brewtown. At this time, we are going to stay with the youth teams.
Back to top Go down
http://www.sunprairielacrosse.com
SiouxLax
All-Conference
All-Conference
SiouxLax

Number of posts : 830
Registration date : 2007-05-11

PostSubject: Re: Sun Prairie Cardinal Shootout   Sun Prairie Cardinal Shootout EmptyMon Jun 29, 2009 6:59 pm

laxfan1 wrote:

Wow...Brewtown is far from a 'poorly ran' and 'super expensive' tourny.

I would LOVEEEEE to see you even try to start to get something like brewtown together.

As for the cost..I think $25 is pretty damn cheap to play a weekend of lax.
Back to top Go down
http://www.undlacrosse.com
veronalax33
JV
JV
veronalax33

Number of posts : 185
Registration date : 2007-09-24

PostSubject: Re: Sun Prairie Cardinal Shootout   Sun Prairie Cardinal Shootout EmptyMon Jun 29, 2009 7:47 pm

SiouxLax wrote:

As for the cost..I think $25 is pretty damn cheap to play a weekend of lax.

That may be true individually, but when the tournament fee (at least at the high school level) goes from around $450 to $825, it seems pretty substantial.
Back to top Go down
Ron Mexico
Freshman
Freshman
Ron Mexico

Number of posts : 74
Registration date : 2008-02-06

PostSubject: Re: Sun Prairie Cardinal Shootout   Sun Prairie Cardinal Shootout EmptyMon Jun 29, 2009 7:56 pm

agreed and rooming too for those not from milwaukee. ppl have to dig deep into their pockets to attend.
Back to top Go down
Butters
Varsity
Varsity

Number of posts : 352
Registration date : 2007-09-15

PostSubject: Re: Sun Prairie Cardinal Shootout   Sun Prairie Cardinal Shootout EmptyTue Jun 30, 2009 1:59 am

veronalax33 wrote:
That may be true individually, but when the tournament fee (at least at the high school level) goes from around $450 to $825, it seems pretty substantial.
Let's keep in mind included in that $825 was 20 tickets to the Machine game worth $20 each. So your tournament fee was actually cheaper. All one would've had to do was sell said ticket to someone and it is the same cost as last year. Problem solved. Brewtown will have it's bumps every year, but running a tournament of it's size isn't an easy task and they do a phenomenal job at it.
Back to top Go down
laxfan1
Rookie
Rookie

PostSubject: Re: Sun Prairie Cardinal Shootout   Sun Prairie Cardinal Shootout EmptyFri Jul 03, 2009 12:02 am

Of the 20 tickets our team received about 4 actually went to the game and because everyone already had tickets no one wanted to buy them. So it was like paying $745 to play three games where there was no scorekeeper, and then the refs didn't even run up and down the whole field so they were in no position to make calls. One of our refs never crossed the half line, and then they didn't call blatant hits to the head on either team which could leave a player seriously injured. That sounds pretty expensive and poorly ran to me especially compared to the cardinal lacrosse shoot out where they played about 3 or 4 games a day for less money, every game had a scorekeeper, and the reffing was much better with there sometimes being 3 refs for a game.
Back to top Go down
Butters
Varsity
Varsity

PostSubject: Re: Sun Prairie Cardinal Shootout   Sun Prairie Cardinal Shootout EmptyFri Jul 03, 2009 1:11 pm

So because no one on your team wanted to go and appreciate a great opportunity to see elite level lacrosse and because they lacked the ability to sell a simple ticket, this is obviously the tournaments fault. As for the refs, every referee at the tournament was certified, the same refs that any other tournament would have. It's an unfortunate reality that there are refs who probably shouldn't be out there, but it's like that in every sport at every level. I challenge you to find a better run tournament in this state that can bring the same calibar of teams. You simply can't.
Back to top Go down
laxfan1
Rookie
Rookie

PostSubject: Re: Sun Prairie Cardinal Shootout   Sun Prairie Cardinal Shootout EmptyFri Jul 03, 2009 2:00 pm

Butters wrote:
So because no one on your team wanted to go and appreciate a great opportunity to see elite level lacrosse and because they lacked the ability to sell a simple ticket, this is obviously the tournaments fault. As for the refs, every referee at the tournament was certified, the same refs that any other tournament would have. It's an unfortunate reality that there are refs who probably shouldn't be out there, but it's like that in every sport at every level. I challenge you to find a better run tournament in this state that can bring the same calibar of teams. You simply can't.

We couldn't sell the tickets when everyone else was trying to sell theirs we had people trying to sell us tickets so that has nothing to do with an ability to sell a ticket. Also you can't find another tournament in the state because there aren't any which is why i'd like to see a high school league at the cardinal lacrosse shootout.
Back to top Go down
Butters
Varsity
Varsity

PostSubject: Re: Sun Prairie Cardinal Shootout   Sun Prairie Cardinal Shootout EmptyFri Jul 03, 2009 5:24 pm

laxfan1 wrote:
Also you can't find another tournament in the state because there aren't any which is why i'd like to see a high school league at the cardinal lacrosse shootout.
True, but don't go calling brewtown over priced and poorly run when it is neither. You definitely get your money's worth. If you/your team had a bad experience that's unfortunate, but it certainly doesn't mean you should trash the tourney.
Back to top Go down
gbpackers12
Freshman
Freshman
gbpackers12

Number of posts : 61
Registration date : 2008-04-11

PostSubject: Re: Sun Prairie Cardinal Shootout   Sun Prairie Cardinal Shootout EmptyWed Jul 08, 2009 3:15 am

woah there butters chill out.
all laxfan was doing was presenting his opinion. you dont need to bite his head off, no matter how far your opinion is from his.

not everyone is going to agree.

i think brewtown was managed somewhat well, but i think that if the teams wanted the tickets they should have had the option of buying them... not being forced to pay 400 extra bucks and sell the tickets if they didnt want them.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sun Prairie Cardinal Shootout   Sun Prairie Cardinal Shootout Empty

Back to top Go down

Sun Prairie Cardinal Shootout
Page 1 of 1