Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Modifying gloves

Go down 
+7
krks34
DwinsChamps
Keeper33
Nate
SiouxLax
Lefty019
RiDE
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Keeper33
JV
JV
Keeper33

Number of posts : 159
Registration date : 2007-05-12

Modifying gloves - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Modifying gloves   Modifying gloves - Page 2 EmptySun May 27, 2007 3:35 pm

RiDE wrote:
it seems to me that stx can modify there heads, shafts, whatever all they want (example. crankshaft.... head with rubberband (whatever its called) etc. ) they claim "the advantage is undeniable") why do large corporations have the right to be creative and players dont?

cause they supposedly know what they are doing?
Back to top Go down
RiDE
Varsity
Varsity
RiDE

Number of posts : 448
Registration date : 2007-05-11

PostSubject: Re: Modifying gloves   Modifying gloves - Page 2 EmptySun May 27, 2007 3:45 pm

my point is...

AHSlax21 wrote:
You cant modify your equipment so as where it gives you an unfair advantage.
AHSlax21 wrote:
Unless a ref checks it and thinks that it creates an unfair advantage.
The Butters wrote:
I would call it illegal equipment.
STX wrote:
"the advantage is undeniable"
Back to top Go down
The Butt

PostSubject: Re: Modifying gloves   Modifying gloves - Page 2 EmptySun May 27, 2007 11:46 pm

DwinsChamps wrote:
So now you're talking about density, not "give"? I agree that the heavier the stick, the more likely it is to inflict injury. That said, alot of wood poles are just about as dense as the Powermaster.

Nevertheless, I'd like to see the passage in the rulebook that condemns using a stick that's beyond a certain mass. If it's not in the rulebook, than no ref should be able to disallow the use of a heavy stick, and any such decision to do so would be invalid and a breach of the ref's jurisdiction.

I can't wait to take my titan classic, fill it with sand, and use it at Brewtown. Gonna snap me some wrists.

And P.S......it's called a "training handle" for marketing purposes.

And P.P.S......Butters, the way you're taught to determine a slash sounds like Sid Flanders' logic. Do you think that any of the checks that were being thrown in the semifinals yesterday DIDN'T hurt? They looked violent to me; I don't remember a single slash being called.

Unfortunately Sid Flanders happens to be the head ref of Wisconsin. If you would like book interpretations to be changed, you'll have to take it up with WLF.

Also there is a significant difference between NCAA Division 1, and 3rd class high school lacrosse.
Back to top Go down
The Butt

PostSubject: Re: Modifying gloves   Modifying gloves - Page 2 EmptySun May 27, 2007 11:47 pm

RiDE wrote:
my point is...

AHSlax21 wrote:
You cant modify your equipment so as where it gives you an unfair advantage.
AHSlax21 wrote:
Unless a ref checks it and thinks that it creates an unfair advantage.
The Butters wrote:
I would call it illegal equipment.
STX wrote:
"the advantage is undeniable"

Your point is pure crap. STX does not have to abide by any rules. Why do they care if their equipment is legal or not, as long as people buy it.
Back to top Go down
RiDE
Varsity
Varsity
RiDE

PostSubject: Re: Modifying gloves   Modifying gloves - Page 2 EmptyMon May 28, 2007 8:48 am

um, if its illegal then nobody will buy it. why buy lacrosse gear you cant play lacrosse with?
Back to top Go down
Lefty019
JV
JV
Lefty019

Number of posts : 147
Registration date : 2007-05-13

PostSubject: Re: Modifying gloves   Modifying gloves - Page 2 EmptyMon May 28, 2007 10:06 am

To me it seems like most of the answer heads are pinched when people buy them but they still buy them
Back to top Go down
DwinsChamps
Varsity
Varsity
DwinsChamps

Number of posts : 335
Registration date : 2007-05-14

PostSubject: Re: Modifying gloves   Modifying gloves - Page 2 EmptyMon May 28, 2007 11:30 am

The Butters wrote:
STX does not have to abide by any rules. Why do they care if their equipment is legal or not, as long as people buy it.

Bingo. It's all about the bottom line dollar. Look at the crap they try to sell...any of you remember the "liquid"? Give me a break.

RiDE wrote:
um, if its illegal then nobody will buy it. why buy lacrosse gear you cant play lacrosse with?

Tons of kids buy illegal stuff unwittingly. When I see a stick called "illegal" after a ref checks it, it's usually due not to the pocket depth, but due to uncontrollable dimensions on a stick that came straight from the factory.
Back to top Go down
The Butt

PostSubject: Re: Modifying gloves   Modifying gloves - Page 2 EmptyMon May 28, 2007 11:44 am

RiDE wrote:

Yeah, and to let you know, any head you buy now, will be illegal in 2 years, so you better break it before then. And yes, heads such as the razor pro, are manufactured illegal in many cases, mine took effort widening the face a tad to make it legal, as well as the two others my team mates had. I would venture to be if you were given a coupon for a $5 dollar razor pro, you'd have bought it unknowingly that it was illegal.
Back to top Go down
The Butt

PostSubject: Re: Modifying gloves   Modifying gloves - Page 2 EmptyMon May 28, 2007 11:46 am

DwinsChamps wrote:
Tons of kids buy illegal stuff unwittingly. When I see a stick called "illegal" after a ref checks it, it's usually due not to the pocket depth, but due to uncontrollable dimensions on a stick that came straight from the factory.
I wouldn't say "uncontrollable" you can make your stick legal to the current standards as long as you know how its illegal. You can make a wider face using a baseball, you can also make a lengthier (as in the 10" from the scoop to the ball stop) head by pinching it, as odd as that sounds.
Back to top Go down
RiDE
Varsity
Varsity
RiDE

PostSubject: Re: Modifying gloves   Modifying gloves - Page 2 EmptyMon May 28, 2007 3:22 pm

so everyone makes illegal lacrosse gear, and people dont know its illegal, so they buy it and make it profitable for the company? No matter what they say, that three minute penelty for using thier gear sounds like they dont have the players best interest in mind.
Back to top Go down
Lefty019
JV
JV
Lefty019

Number of posts : 147

PostSubject: Re: Modifying gloves   Modifying gloves - Page 2 EmptyMon May 28, 2007 3:48 pm

they probably don't they are just out there to make money
Back to top Go down
The Butt

PostSubject: Re: Modifying gloves   Modifying gloves - Page 2 EmptyMon May 28, 2007 4:22 pm

RiDE wrote:
so everyone makes illegal lacrosse gear, and people dont know its illegal, so they buy it and make it profitable for the company? No matter what they say, that three minute penelty for using thier gear sounds like they dont have the players best interest in mind.

Or they have certain equipment made legal, for those players who know what their doing (perhaps 5% of Wisconsin). The rest is pure gimmick, such as that silly krankshaft which only fits krankshaft heads, or that stupid "Arrow".
Back to top Go down
zack attack 12
JV
JV
zack attack 12

Number of posts : 105

PostSubject: Re: Modifying gloves   Modifying gloves - Page 2 EmptyMon May 28, 2007 7:02 pm

what about waxing a stick then..i guess i would see it as a same concept...
Back to top Go down
RiDE
Varsity
Varsity
RiDE

PostSubject: Re: Modifying gloves   Modifying gloves - Page 2 EmptyMon May 28, 2007 8:55 pm

hmm...wax, thats a good idea. it would rub off though, maybe by the time the ref checks it?
Back to top Go down
Nate
All-Conference
All-Conference
Nate

Number of posts : 570

PostSubject: Re: Modifying gloves   Modifying gloves - Page 2 EmptyMon May 28, 2007 9:02 pm

Don't do it, Nate. I don't even know what i'd do to you if you got an illegal stick penalty. If you want better grip, give me or Tony your stick and we'll tape it so you have a better grip than you do right now.
Back to top Go down
http://www.stoughtonlacrosse.com
RiDE
Varsity
Varsity
RiDE

PostSubject: Re: Modifying gloves   Modifying gloves - Page 2 EmptyMon May 28, 2007 9:03 pm

its the gloves though, like you were saying before.
Back to top Go down
thedamnedfan
All-Conference
All-Conference
thedamnedfan

Number of posts : 799

PostSubject: Re: Modifying gloves   Modifying gloves - Page 2 EmptyMon May 28, 2007 9:05 pm

"Waxing" your stick falls under the same methods as doing a rubber but end or taping. Wax is allowed, but it is quite inconsistent. When in heat, becomes quite slip and nasty like the mess you make over Playgirls every morning Nate, and in the cold is very rough and sticky, and would most likely chill, flake and come off.

Waxing tape is another thing, something hockey players do, but with the consistent weather, the wax stays consistent. Either way, just drop the whole idea of improving your grip.

Tape and good conditiong gloves is all you need for a good grip.
Back to top Go down
RiDE
Varsity
Varsity
RiDE

PostSubject: Re: Modifying gloves   Modifying gloves - Page 2 EmptyMon May 28, 2007 9:12 pm

thedamnedfan wrote:
over Playgirls every morning Nate,

Shocked o wtf Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Nate
All-Conference
All-Conference
Nate

Number of posts : 570

PostSubject: Re: Modifying gloves   Modifying gloves - Page 2 EmptyMon May 28, 2007 9:33 pm

RiDE wrote:
Shocked o wtf Evil or Very Mad

^^Don't post a responce like that.. mods back in TLF hated it when people did that. And i'm sure if it happens too much Jack and Jaron will get annoyed of it too.

But anyways.. Let one of us tape your stick up the way I used to have it done then lets see how you like it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.stoughtonlacrosse.com
northshorelax37
Freshman
Freshman
northshorelax37

Number of posts : 68

PostSubject: Re: Modifying gloves   Modifying gloves - Page 2 EmptyMon May 28, 2007 9:40 pm

The Butters wrote:
Yeah, and to let you know, any head you buy now, will be illegal in 2 years,

so the NCAA rules about head dimensions will be carried into High school as well?
Back to top Go down
The Butt

PostSubject: Re: Modifying gloves   Modifying gloves - Page 2 EmptyMon May 28, 2007 9:49 pm

northshorelax37 wrote:
The Butters wrote:

so the NCAA rules about head dimensions will be carried into High school as well?
It's assumed so, because many states use NCAA rules. Right now Wisconsin uses Federation rules, which it's just assumed they'll adopt these same rules. Regardless, these companies won't be making sticks of today after that point, so you're going to be using those whether there is a rule requiring it or not.
Back to top Go down
northshorelax37
Freshman
Freshman
northshorelax37

Number of posts : 68

PostSubject: Re: Modifying gloves   Modifying gloves - Page 2 EmptyMon May 28, 2007 10:04 pm

The Butters wrote:
northshorelax37 wrote:
The Butters wrote:

It's assumed so, because many states use NCAA rules. Right now Wisconsin uses Federation rules, which it's just assumed they'll adopt these same rules. Regardless, these companies won't be making sticks of today after that point, so you're going to be using those whether there is a rule requiring it or not.
thank god i have a blaze. i just switch back to that then
Back to top Go down
zack attack 12
JV
JV
zack attack 12

PostSubject: Re: Modifying gloves   Modifying gloves - Page 2 EmptyTue May 29, 2007 1:12 pm

well i am no hockey player, but i know guys wax their sticks in hockey and i know i saw someplace where they sold lacrosse specific wax...so...ill see if i can find the site
Back to top Go down
zack attack 12
JV
JV
zack attack 12

PostSubject: Re: Modifying gloves   Modifying gloves - Page 2 EmptyTue May 29, 2007 1:13 pm

http://e-lacrosse.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=EBO&Product_Code=GWPC&Category_Code=s

and here is theproduct website
http://extremegripwax.com/laxwax.html
Back to top Go down
thedamnedfan
All-Conference
All-Conference
thedamnedfan

Number of posts : 799

PostSubject: Re: Modifying gloves   Modifying gloves - Page 2 EmptyTue May 29, 2007 3:01 pm

Anyone have something I can view that shows the new standards in lacrosse sticks?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Modifying gloves   Modifying gloves - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Modifying gloves
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next