Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Best hand positioning for dpoles

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
tidbits
JV
JV
tidbits

Number of posts : 174
Registration date : 2007-06-01

Best hand positioning for dpoles Empty
PostSubject: Best hand positioning for dpoles   Best hand positioning for dpoles EmptyWed Jun 13, 2007 5:23 pm

what's the best hand postion for a d-pole whe he's got the ball?
Back to top Go down
DwinsChamps
Varsity
Varsity
DwinsChamps

Number of posts : 335
Registration date : 2007-05-14

PostSubject: Re: Best hand positioning for dpoles   Best hand positioning for dpoles EmptyThu Jun 14, 2007 3:39 pm

Whatever works for you. Just make sure you don't leave your butt end hanging out...that's an easy target for riding attackman.
Back to top Go down
tidbits
JV
JV
tidbits

Number of posts : 174
Registration date : 2007-06-01

PostSubject: Re: Best hand positioning for dpoles   Best hand positioning for dpoles EmptyThu Jun 14, 2007 4:02 pm

what about passing and shooting? i usually have mine close together about the middle of the stick
Back to top Go down
DwinsChamps
Varsity
Varsity
DwinsChamps

PostSubject: Re: Best hand positioning for dpoles   Best hand positioning for dpoles EmptyThu Jun 14, 2007 4:22 pm

tidbits wrote:
what about passing and shooting? i usually have mine close together about the middle of the stick

Again, it's all personal choice. My right hand is my strong hand, and when I'm passing with my right, I usually have my left (bottom) hand about 1' from the butt end, and my top hand maybe 18" higher. I find that this positioning helps me send kids up nicely with a wind up followed by a dodge. If I'm throwing with my left hand, I prefer to have my right (bottom) hand at the very end of the stick and my left about 2' above. Again, this is just my preference. Play some wall ball to figure out what makes you feel comfortable.

Shooting isn't something that dmen ordinarily need to worry about. Put your hands wherever you need them to give you the best shot.
Back to top Go down
Lefty019
JV
JV
Lefty019

Number of posts : 147
Registration date : 2007-05-13

PostSubject: Re: Best hand positioning for dpoles   Best hand positioning for dpoles EmptyFri Jun 15, 2007 12:34 pm

another thing that i've read and seen is if you hold your hands closer to the bottom when your running it up most people will swing for your stick and not your hands so if you have a good power cradle you should be able to cradle through the checks at you stick
Back to top Go down
DwinsChamps
Varsity
Varsity
DwinsChamps

PostSubject: Re: Best hand positioning for dpoles   Best hand positioning for dpoles EmptyFri Jun 15, 2007 1:06 pm

To be honest, I'd rather have kids throwing checks at my hands than at my stick. If they get the tail end or the top of your stick, be ready to pick up a ground ball...if they're hitting your hands you can run through that stuff all day long.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Best hand positioning for dpoles   Best hand positioning for dpoles Empty

Back to top Go down

Best hand positioning for dpoles
Page 1 of 1