Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Top Players In 08

Go down 
+41
snhu21
BIG_URM1
badingin
Coach Z
WiscoLax
wiMiddie
ECD
Butters
JordanEC23
flow936
The Big Dipper
Kiel
Neenahlax2
kmlax26
LAXOFFICIAL
AHSlax21jr
ahslax36
gfields5
gbpackers12
Lax11
thecorster1234
KevinBice
Ron Mexico
tidbits
relicdavis
LancerGK
foxmotox643
SiouxLax
Milwaukeelax25
Jaron
mkexlax
Photoguy!
RiDE
Jack
madhater
Lefty019
Hugo43
bigpattyboy36
thedamnedfan
Nate
savagelax07
45 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
tidbits
JV
JV
tidbits

Number of posts : 174
Registration date : 2007-06-01

Top Players In 08 - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Top Players In 08   Top Players In 08 - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 06, 2008 8:45 pm

at least you have a place to practice indoors
Back to top Go down
Nate
All-Conference
All-Conference
Nate

Number of posts : 570
Registration date : 2007-05-12

PostSubject: Re: Top Players In 08   Top Players In 08 - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 06, 2008 9:25 pm

RiDE wrote:
if anything breaks us i think it will be a lack of dedication, we dont have nearly enough ppl showing up for indoor practices imho

it's because the practices aren't manditory. Once hockey and wrestling are over everybody will start making them
Back to top Go down
http://www.stoughtonlacrosse.com
Ron Mexico
Freshman
Freshman
Ron Mexico

Number of posts : 74
Registration date : 2008-02-06

PostSubject: Re: Top Players In 08   Top Players In 08 - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 06, 2008 10:45 pm

Jack wrote:
MALA Who to Look for '08

BayVal
1. Wausau
2. Neenah
3. Appleton
4. Bayport
5. Menasha
6. Notre Dame
7. Southwest
8. DePere
9. Metro

slow down there i play for metro and we are better than last. we have a very athletic midfield. and you must not know menasha but they, just say not good to put it nicely. Im thinking it will go like this

1.Wausau
2.Neenah
3.Bay Port
4.Notre Dame
5.Appleton
6.GB Metro
7.Southwest
8.De Pere
9.Menasha
Back to top Go down
Ron Mexico
Freshman
Freshman
Ron Mexico

PostSubject: Re: Top Players In 08   Top Players In 08 - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 06, 2008 11:09 pm

and the quetion of top players

Wausau attack- Caleb Zyduck returns for his senior season and he should goal scorer for them again.
Middies- Ben Fisher good solid player getting some DIII looks
Defense- thay are always solid and have two returners the best being Rich Poirir
dont know if the goalie grad or not.

Southwest- lost all starters but Tom VanValkenburg he should be one of the best attackmen in the state.

Bay Port-solid every year, good middies. need help on D and lost their Goalie. Has JT felton and James Clemens returning for attack, should work well togather.

Neenah-lost two all Conf attackmen but had a good core of underclassmen.

GB Metro-Good midfield and FO guy Andy Brenzal, only problem is defense and goal.

Notre Dame-Maybe the best midfielder in the conference and his is really good at face offs Alex Smith no joke that is his name like the guy from delawere. One good Defenseman Nick Hamachek others maybe shaky. Goalie is good.

De Pere-New team dont know much about them.

dont know to much about Appleton and Manasha may have one good player.
Back to top Go down
Jack
Admin
Jack

Number of posts : 741
Registration date : 2007-05-11

PostSubject: Re: Top Players In 08   Top Players In 08 - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 07, 2008 12:04 am

gblax32 wrote:
and the quetion of top players

Wausau attack- Caleb Zyduck returns for his senior season and he should goal scorer for them again.
Middies- Ben Fisher good solid player getting some DIII looks
Defense- thay are always solid and have two returners the best being Rich Poirir
dont know if the goalie grad or not.

Southwest- lost all starters but Tom VanValkenburg he should be one of the best attackmen in the state.

Bay Port-solid every year, good middies. need help on D and lost their Goalie. Has JT felton and James Clemens returning for attack, should work well togather.

Neenah-lost two all Conf attackmen but had a good core of underclassmen.

GB Metro-Good midfield and FO guy Andy Brenzal, only problem is defense and goal.

Notre Dame-Maybe the best midfielder in the conference and his is really good at face offs Alex Smith no joke that is his name like the guy from delawere. One good Defenseman Nick Hamachek others maybe shaky. Goalie is good.

De Pere-New team dont know much about them.

dont know to much about Appleton and Manasha may have one good player.

Calleb now plays for my team.
Back to top Go down
http://www.wisconsinlax.aforumfree.com
Ron Mexico
Freshman
Freshman
Ron Mexico

PostSubject: Re: Top Players In 08   Top Players In 08 - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 07, 2008 12:26 am

[/quote]Calleb now plays for my team.[/quote]

Oh I thought he was a senior, my bad
Back to top Go down
KevinBice
Freshman
Freshman
KevinBice

Number of posts : 70
Registration date : 2007-05-29

PostSubject: Re: Top Players In 08   Top Players In 08 - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 07, 2008 3:42 pm

Can anyone make a list of the top 5 players from their conference? I'm looking to start recruiting more for our program from Wisconsin.
Back to top Go down
http://www.minnesotalacrosse.org
Nate
All-Conference
All-Conference
Nate

Number of posts : 570
Registration date : 2007-05-12

PostSubject: Re: Top Players In 08   Top Players In 08 - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 07, 2008 4:54 pm

KevinBice wrote:
Can anyone make a list of the top 5 players from their conference? I'm looking to start recruiting more for our program from Wisconsin.

I think we might have to wait at least until two/three games into season before we really can say anything on who would be the tops.
Back to top Go down
http://www.stoughtonlacrosse.com
thedamnedfan
All-Conference
All-Conference
thedamnedfan

Number of posts : 799

PostSubject: Re: Top Players In 08   Top Players In 08 - Page 3 EmptyFri Feb 08, 2008 1:27 am

Jack gave a good list of names... Stoughton MIGHT have some worthy of being top. For offense Kal Urso, Zach Transue, and Eric Kind are all possibilities, as all have shone in previous years.

Hummel, Kelso, Warner, Wyss, Mally, Neuman, Clark-Davis, Wook... all other stand outs. SP, Middleton and Wanaukee all have some more, I cant remember names.
Back to top Go down
mkexlax
Rookie
Rookie
mkexlax

Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2008-01-12

PostSubject: Re: Top Players In 08   Top Players In 08 - Page 3 EmptyFri Feb 08, 2008 1:46 am

KevinBice wrote:

Repeated for emphasis:

-Joe Botecelli, SR, M (Eastside)
-Eastside's LSM (recent move from CA, but name escapes me)
-Sean Gebhard, SO, A (Marquette)
-Garret Fields, SR, LSM (Marquette)

also
-Sam Seramur, SO, LSM/D (Marquette)
Back to top Go down
thecorster1234
Rookie
Rookie
thecorster1234

Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2007-05-13

PostSubject: Re: Top Players In 08   Top Players In 08 - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 27, 2008 12:33 am

Jared Woocks a pretty decent player from Waunakee, but he's probably the dumbest person i've ever met in my life
Back to top Go down
thedamnedfan
All-Conference
All-Conference
thedamnedfan

PostSubject: Re: Top Players In 08   Top Players In 08 - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 27, 2008 1:03 am

LOL.... are you from Wanaukee... cuz that would make that comment great.
Back to top Go down
SiouxLax
All-Conference
All-Conference
SiouxLax

Number of posts : 830

PostSubject: Re: Top Players In 08   Top Players In 08 - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 27, 2008 1:33 am

thedamnedfan wrote:
LOL.... are you from Wanaukee... cuz that would make that comment great.

If you read his location...he is.
Back to top Go down
http://www.undlacrosse.com
Lax11
Rookie
Rookie

Number of posts : 41
Registration date : 2008-02-27

PostSubject: Re: Top Players In 08   Top Players In 08 - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 27, 2008 6:19 pm

Not trying to be biased since i am from waunakee, but waunakee does have a great class of juniors, many(about 5 or even more at times) starting since their freshman year and 4 of those moved up to play with the high school team in 8th grade. Even if you may have not have heard of many of these players last year with all the hype with Robert, you will see many of these guys step up this year. Also, 3 of the four leading scorers were sophomores(now juniors)
Back to top Go down
KevinBice
Freshman
Freshman
KevinBice

Number of posts : 70
Registration date : 2007-05-29

PostSubject: Re: Top Players In 08   Top Players In 08 - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 27, 2008 10:20 pm

It sounds like Verona is in roughly the same boat. After the '05 class graduated they have had a tough job rebuilding (that's right, I pat myself on the back whenever I can) and they're finally looking like a solid squad again. Kit Cavanaugh has done a great job with the talent he's had, and this year's sophomores and juniors have a lot of talent and athleticism, and many of them have been playing for years now.
I never really got to see him play but I hear Nick Urumoglu was doing a great job in goal (FYI - his sister was in my grade... sexy). We had a few good middies, including Colton Warner, who will be returning as a senior. From what I gathered, the soft spot was at attack, but it's looking like this year there will be some good players there.
Back to top Go down
http://www.minnesotalacrosse.org
thecorster1234
Rookie
Rookie
thecorster1234

Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2007-05-13

PostSubject: Re: Top Players In 08   Top Players In 08 - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 11, 2008 2:04 pm

Jared Woocks so dumb he cant figure out how to become a member to reply back to my first post lol Jk jared
Back to top Go down
gbpackers12
Freshman
Freshman
gbpackers12

Number of posts : 61
Registration date : 2008-04-11

PostSubject: Re: Top Players In 08   Top Players In 08 - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 11, 2008 11:50 pm

hey that cory anderson, d-middie from waunakee has a pretty mean cradle. once he has it in his stick, its not leaving until he wants it to.
Back to top Go down
SiouxLax
All-Conference
All-Conference
SiouxLax

PostSubject: Re: Top Players In 08   Top Players In 08 - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 12, 2008 12:14 am

I beg to differ.
Back to top Go down
thedamnedfan
All-Conference
All-Conference
thedamnedfan

PostSubject: Re: Top Players In 08   Top Players In 08 - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 12, 2008 12:38 am

Does HS get all the stick checks this year, the 6 checks a game mininum?
Back to top Go down
SiouxLax
All-Conference
All-Conference
SiouxLax

PostSubject: Re: Top Players In 08   Top Players In 08 - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 12, 2008 12:44 am

Probably...I really wish they would do what they do in NCAA and check the stick of a person who just scored a goal. I have a feeling many people would be getting caught with illegal sticks.
Back to top Go down
thedamnedfan
All-Conference
All-Conference
thedamnedfan

PostSubject: Re: Top Players In 08   Top Players In 08 - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 12, 2008 1:36 am

For me, it's at the ref's discretion. It's usually been after the first goal they do the first one. May wait a while, do after another goal, and so on. I had my stick checked 3 times one game, one on a goal, at half-time right before the 2nd half face-off and as a defensive player. Our team has been very careful on keeping our sticks legal, I guess its a good thing.

Only one illegal stick, called on a head that was exactly 6.5 inches wide, once measured after game, ref wouldnt show to coach the measurement, it was done quick and the ref removed it and assessed a penalty, which the other coach said probably didn't need to be called, as well as another ref and another teams coach, after the game that being.

I also like the new FO rule, where if there is a illegal procedure, FO must sub out immediately, creating a possible fast break for the opposing team.
Back to top Go down
gfields5
JV
JV
gfields5

Number of posts : 145
Registration date : 2008-03-28

PostSubject: Re: Top Players In 08   Top Players In 08 - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 13, 2008 7:10 pm

MAYLA '08: Who to Look For

Arrowhead:
1.) Austin Grimes - Sr. Midfielder - A big, overpowering middie who was one of Arrowhead top dodgers toward the end of last season. 2007 All conference slection.
2) Ferris - Sr. Midfielder (I'm not positive on year) - A very athletic, aggressive midfielder who felt his presence known all over the field. He was an important member of Arrowhead's clearing and riding game last season. Rumors that he may have switched to d-pole.

Milw. Eastside:
1) Joe Botticelli - Sr. Midfielder - Probably the best hands, and all out best player in the conference this year, Botticelli is phenomenally quick. Whether he is scoring the goals or setting up his teammates, the entirety of Eastside's offense runs through Botticelli.
2) Kyle Franzen - Sr. Midfielder - While a bit overshadowed by Botticelli, Franzen is Eastside's zone buster, as he has a righty rocket from outside.
3) Sr LSM - I can never remember his name, though the Californian pole heads up Eastside's defense with his aggressive style.

Kettle Moraine:
1) Zach Nichols - Sr. Attackman - A big, DI bound attackman that is the driving force of the Kettle Moraine offense.
2) Ben Gardner - Sr. LSM - KM's top defensemen, Gardner is an integral part of the Lasers clearing game. He also is KM's top faceoff guy.
3) Schmill - Sr. Midfielder - KM's strongest midfield presence, Schmill plays an important roll on the man-up.

Marquette:
1) Garrett Fields - Sr. LSM - Marquette's captain on defense, Fields plays an important roll on face-offs and clears.
2) Tom Casper - Sr. Midfielder - An aggressive, athletic midfielder, Casper is Marquette's leader from the midfield. While not a big time dodger, Casper is a natural creaseman who is deadly when inside.
3) Sean Gebhard - Soph Attackman - A quick, shifty attackman with fantastic hands. Gebhard is the best underclassman in conference who has an absolute cannon of a shot (KM can attest to that!)
4) Danny Myers - Senior Attackman - A tall, lefty attackman who is Marquette's leading goal scorer from last year.

USM:
1) Sam Krieg - Sr. Midfielder - A big, athletic midfielder who utilizes his size to get him into good scoring positions. A 2007 all-conference selection.
2) Pat McMinn - Sr. Attackman - USM's primary ball carrier, McMinn is the Wildcats' strongest offensive threat. A 2007 all-conference selection.
3) Pat Downey - Sr. Midfielder/Defenseman - A big, bruising, DIII football recruit, Downey is a do it all player for USM that likes to utilize his size by running through his opponents (even if it ends up with him in the penalty box 2 or 3 times a game haha)

Brookfield/Northshore:
No real standouts.
Back to top Go down
SiouxLax
All-Conference
All-Conference
SiouxLax

PostSubject: Re: Top Players In 08   Top Players In 08 - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 13, 2008 7:14 pm

Ferris is a senior, he did switch to defense this year.

I love how you talk about yourself in the third person, haha.
Back to top Go down
gfields5
JV
JV
gfields5

Number of posts : 145
Registration date : 2008-03-28

PostSubject: Re: Top Players In 08   Top Players In 08 - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 13, 2008 7:21 pm

Haha, well I thought it would be awkward to say "I am this...and I am that." So I just settled on the third person and hoped that I would sound impartial enough that no one would notice...obviously I was unsuccessful haha.
Back to top Go down
SiouxLax
All-Conference
All-Conference
SiouxLax

PostSubject: Re: Top Players In 08   Top Players In 08 - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 13, 2008 7:46 pm

Haha, no worries. I'm looking forward to seeing you guys play AHS. I'll be home in time to see the 2nd game, but not the first.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Top Players In 08   Top Players In 08 - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Top Players In 08
Page 3 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next