Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Hopkins LOST!

Go down 
+7
Jack
SiouxLax
MUHS #30
JordanEC23
RiDE
thedamnedfan
Nate
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
thedamnedfan
All-Conference
All-Conference
thedamnedfan

Number of posts : 799
Registration date : 2007-05-11

Hopkins LOST! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hopkins LOST!   Hopkins LOST! - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 22, 2008 4:00 pm

And then there was Virginia.

Duke took a hard loss to Georgetown, 11- 7. First time Duke scored less than 15 goals this season, Greer held to one goal.

If Virginia beat JHU today, then Virginia takes one, Duke drops to 2, and who knows about JHU. JHU wins, the positions are held the same, Duke at one, Virginia at two, and JHU at three or four.
Back to top Go down
bigpattyboy36
All-Conference
All-Conference
bigpattyboy36

Number of posts : 579
Registration date : 2007-05-12

PostSubject: Re: Hopkins LOST!   Hopkins LOST! - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 22, 2008 5:15 pm

thedamnedfan wrote:
And then there was Virginia.

Duke took a hard loss to Georgetown, 11- 7. First time Duke scored less than 15 goals this season, Greer held to one goal.

If Virginia beat JHU today, then Virginia takes one, Duke drops to 2, and who knows about JHU. JHU wins, the positions are held the same, Duke at one, Virginia at two, and JHU at three or four.

after seeing the way duke played today in comparison to the way Virginia is playing now(ESPN U) i would think that IF JHU beats Virginia, that Syracuse will move to #1, UVA#2 and Duke#3.
Back to top Go down
thedamnedfan
All-Conference
All-Conference
thedamnedfan

PostSubject: Re: Hopkins LOST!   Hopkins LOST! - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 22, 2008 6:55 pm

And JHU took its 3rd straight overtime loss. JHU is probably going to drop another spot, maybe. Not sure, Virginia #1, Duke #2, Syracuse #3...?
Back to top Go down
bigpattyboy36
All-Conference
All-Conference
bigpattyboy36

PostSubject: Re: Hopkins LOST!   Hopkins LOST! - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 22, 2008 9:34 pm

1 UVA
2 "Cuse
3 Duke
4 Notre dame
Back to top Go down
thedamnedfan
All-Conference
All-Conference
thedamnedfan

PostSubject: Re: Hopkins LOST!   Hopkins LOST! - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 23, 2008 12:06 am

Bratton brothers tore JHU up, though Gvozden had an amazing game in goal.
Back to top Go down
bigpattyboy36
All-Conference
All-Conference
bigpattyboy36

PostSubject: Re: Hopkins LOST!   Hopkins LOST! - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 23, 2008 1:46 am

i think it's safe to say that gvozden is the next schwartzman, and adam ghitelman(sp*) is going to be the next kip turner.
Back to top Go down
AHSlax21jr
Freshman
Freshman
AHSlax21jr

Number of posts : 52
Registration date : 2008-04-03

PostSubject: Re: Hopkins LOST!   Hopkins LOST! - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 08, 2008 9:06 pm

As far as I'm concerned I know that Hopkins had lost 4 games in a row... then I'm not sure about last week.
Back to top Go down
gfields5
JV
JV
gfields5

Number of posts : 145
Registration date : 2008-03-28

PostSubject: Re: Hopkins LOST!   Hopkins LOST! - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 08, 2008 9:11 pm

Hopkins has now lost 5 in a row, including getting spanked by UNC and Duke. As for Gvozden, he has struggled as of late, though his game against UVA three weekends ago shows that he has potential. Ghitelman the otherhand has been amazingly overrated, saving less than 50% of his shots. UVA's defense looked much stronger with Petit in the cage. Galloway from Syracuse and Hagelin from Loyola have been much stronger freshmen goalies.
Back to top Go down
JordanEC23
Varsity
Varsity
JordanEC23

Number of posts : 301
Registration date : 2007-05-13

PostSubject: Re: Hopkins LOST!   Hopkins LOST! - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 08, 2008 9:14 pm

I'm pulling for my original final four still, Cornell, Duke, UVA, and JHU. There is no way JHU will let themselves lose 2 more this season and with their SOS and just being Hopkins will get them into the playoffs. But I do see them losing another game, either to Maryland or Navy, 2 tough ones.
Back to top Go down
gfields5
JV
JV
gfields5

PostSubject: Re: Hopkins LOST!   Hopkins LOST! - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 08, 2008 10:18 pm

Warriorlax23 wrote:
I'm pulling for my original final four still, Cornell, Duke, UVA, and JHU. There is no way JHU will let themselves lose 2 more this season and with their SOS and just being Hopkins will get them into the playoffs. But I do see them losing another game, either to Maryland or Navy, 2 tough ones.

While Hopkins may not lose two more games, all that does is guarantee them a spot in the playoffs. With the way that other teams have been playing, if the Jays are lucky enough to make it to the tournament, I don't see them getting to final four.

As for Cornell, the Big Red just got spanked by Syracuse at home 15-8. While Cornell has managed to put up a successful season so far, I don't see them making it to the final four this season.

I agree with Duke and UVA, as Duke (with the exception of the Georgetown game), have been rolling through their schedule, and the Wahoo's have consistently managed to come through in the clutch.

Two other teams that I think are going to make it this season are Syracuse and Georgetown. Syracuse has been the comeback team this year - after a 5-8 season last year, the Orange have amassed an extremely successful 9-1 record. Georgetown, on the other hand, struggled through some early season woes, while the Hoyas have responded with big wins over Duke and Navy.
Back to top Go down
JordanEC23
Varsity
Varsity
JordanEC23

Number of posts : 301
Registration date : 2007-05-13

PostSubject: Re: Hopkins LOST!   Hopkins LOST! - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 08, 2008 11:14 pm

While I do agree that it would be very tough for Cornell or JHU to make it to championship weekend again this year I still don't think it's out of reach. With the talent and experience JHU does have I don't think it's unreasonable to say that if they can somehow flip the switch on again they could cruise through the rest of their season. We all know lacrosse is all about momentum, in the games and the season and if they can somehow change it in their favor they'll be alright.
Back to top Go down
RiDE
Varsity
Varsity
RiDE

Number of posts : 448

PostSubject: Re: Hopkins LOST!   Hopkins LOST! - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 09, 2008 9:24 am

JHU was 4-4 in early april last year as i remember
Back to top Go down
gfields5
JV
JV
gfields5

PostSubject: Re: Hopkins LOST!   Hopkins LOST! - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 09, 2008 10:21 am

Yes Hopkins was 4-4 last season, though a few key differences stand out in my mind. First, last year the Jays relied heavily on big time OT/1 goal victories. This season, Petro can't seem to get Hopkins to perform in clutch situations, as Hopkins has dropped all three of their OT games this year. Second, the past two weeks have been eye openning in terms of Hopkins major two weaknesses: goalie play and defense. While many people like to complain about Rabil inability to preform up to expectations this year, I believe poor defense coupled with horrendous goalie play (especially in the UNC game), puts Hopkins in a rough when playoff time comes around. Last year, the Jays relied heavily on the outstanding play of Jesse Schwartzman on their way to the national championship, and I just don't believe that Gvozden has the mental toughness to get them there. Now, as lat year proves, Hopkins has the ability to win it all when noone thinks they can, so I guess we will just have to see.
Back to top Go down
MUHS #30
JV
JV
MUHS #30

Number of posts : 216

PostSubject: Re: Hopkins LOST!   Hopkins LOST! - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 12, 2008 7:48 pm

well, there ends the losing trend. good solid win over the terps
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hopkins LOST!   Hopkins LOST! - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Hopkins LOST!
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2