Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Top 10

Go down 
+38
badingin
WausauLax49
Delldorado
SB
AHS LAX20
flow936
LAXOFFICIAL
Jaron
lacrossemonkey
Kiel
Hummel18
madhater
WiscoLax
AHSLAXISBALLIN
snhu21
JordanEC23
gbpackers12
wiMiddie
Coach Z
Guru
laxmehard
The Big Dipper
foxmotox643
AHSlax21jr
zack attack 12
Nate
gfields5
Ron Mexico
Coach_Goldberg
relicdavis
Lefty019
Butters
Jack
Lax11
SiouxLax
bigpattyboy36
thedamnedfan
Umich2KM
42 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
SiouxLax
All-Conference
All-Conference
SiouxLax

Number of posts : 830
Registration date : 2007-05-11

Top 10 - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Top 10   Top 10 - Page 4 EmptySun Apr 27, 2008 9:41 pm

Agreed...In a few more weeks though laxpower will sort out. The more games played, the more accurate it becomes.
Back to top Go down
http://www.undlacrosse.com
Lax11
Rookie
Rookie

Number of posts : 41
Registration date : 2008-02-27

Top 10 - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Top 10   Top 10 - Page 4 EmptySun Apr 27, 2008 9:45 pm

We shouldn't even pay attention to it. Its like paying attention to the BCS(What a joke)
Back to top Go down
gfields5
JV
JV
gfields5

Number of posts : 145
Registration date : 2008-03-28

Top 10 - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Top 10   Top 10 - Page 4 EmptySun Apr 27, 2008 9:57 pm

Week 5:

I agree with everyone else, Laxpower is a complete joke. USM in the top five and De Pere in the top ten? Middleton number 8? Yeah, that's def not right. However, as teams begin to play more games, things begin to change for me in my polls. Arrowhead's continued dominance coupled with Marquette's inability to produce a victory at Brebeuf puts Arrowhead in the top spot for the first time.

Top Ten:
1. Arrowhead (5-0)
2. Marquette (4-3)
3. Waunakee (5-1)
4. Middleton (3-1)
5. Wausau (2-0)
6. Sun Prairie (6-2)
7. University School (1-1)
8. Milw Eastside (1-1)
9. Madison Regents (3-2)
10. Kettle Moraine (3-1)

Justification:
1. Arrowhead – Previous #3 – Arrowhead continues to roll through their scheduling, dominating Appleton 11-4 and Menasha 17-0. The Warhawks look forward to their biggest game of the season this week, as they travel to Mt. Mary College to play #2 Marquette on Friday May 2nd.
2. Marquette – Previous #1 – Despite dropping three games in the annual Brebeuf Jesuit Invitation, Marquette turned some heads as they played every game tough and proved that Wisco boys can play too. (For more info check the Brebuef Jesuit Invitational 2008 thread).
3. Waunakee – Previous #4 – In a hard-fought game with Middleton, Waunakee came out on top, 9-5. This victory establishes Waunakee as the team to beat in the Madison area.
4. Middleton – Previous #2 – Middleton rebounded after a frustrating loss to Waunakee with a strong outing against a weaker Verona team, as Middleton ran away with a 10-2 victory.
5. Wausau – Previous #5 – Wausau continues to beat the teams they should, as they defeated Notre Dame GB 10-4.
6. Sun Prairie – Previous #6 – Following a rough loss to Waunakee to start the season, Sun Prairie has rebounded with a solid performance in Illinois and then followed that up with an 18-1 victory over Stoughton and a 16-2 win over Janesville.
7. University School (1-1) – Previous #7 – Following a strong performance against Marquette, USM has had the past week and a half off. Their next game is April 30th against Kettle Moraine.
8. Milw Eastside – Previous #9 – Despite a rough 8-1 loss to Arrowhead in their season opener, an impressive 10-4 victory over previous #10 Bayport moves them up one spot in my rankings.
9. Madison Regents – Previous UNRANKED – Following a loss to Middleton in their season opener, the Regents responded with solid victories over Sauk Prairie, Verona, and Madison Memorial. This past weekend, Madison Regents played hard in a 7-4 loss to Lane Tech (IL).
10. Kettle Moraine – Previous #8 – KM continues to win but has played one-goal games against Brookfield and Northshore, moving them down a few spots in my polls.
Back to top Go down
WiscoLax
Freshman
Freshman
WiscoLax

Number of posts : 71
Registration date : 2008-04-23

Top 10 - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Top 10   Top 10 - Page 4 EmptySun Apr 27, 2008 11:05 pm

1. Arrowhead
2. Marquette
3. Waunakee
4. Middleton
5. Wausau
6. Sun Prarie
7. University School Milwaukee
8. Milwaukee Eastside
9. Bay Port
10. Kettle Moraine

I see 1-6 all being close games if they were to play one another, not much difference in the teams until after that.
Back to top Go down
Lefty019
JV
JV
Lefty019

Number of posts : 147
Registration date : 2007-05-13

Top 10 - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Top 10   Top 10 - Page 4 EmptyMon Apr 28, 2008 9:20 am

After playing both wausau and sun prarie, sun prairie deserves the number 5 spot imo
Back to top Go down
The Big Dipper
JV
JV
The Big Dipper

Number of posts : 161
Registration date : 2008-04-14

Top 10 - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Top 10   Top 10 - Page 4 EmptyMon Apr 28, 2008 2:34 pm

1. arrowhead
2. Marquette
3. Middleton
4. Waunakee
5. Wausau
6. U-school
7. Milwaukee Eastside
8. Sun prairie
9. Bayport
10. KM
Back to top Go down
Umich2KM
Freshman
Freshman
Umich2KM

Number of posts : 75
Registration date : 2008-02-17

Top 10 - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Top 10   Top 10 - Page 4 EmptyMon Apr 28, 2008 4:49 pm

Top 10
1. Marquette [4-3] (granted they lost to 3 very tough out of state teams... but they have dominated all their instate opponets
2. Arrowhead [5-0] (starting to click, to me the team that has the best match up with Marq
3. Waunakee [5-1] (Recovered after the Arrowhead loss, stringing together some big wins, the next SP game will be crucial)
4. Wausau [4-0] (is still waiting to be tested by a top team, appleton, and neenah might be close games but I dont see a bump in the road until they play Arrowhead)
5. Sun Prairie [6-2] (has really got things going since their loss to #3 Waunakee)
6. Middleton [3-1] (the only ranked team they have played they lost, in order to get a good bearing they need to play well against #1 Marquette
7. Kettle Moraine [3-1] (Has been playing in close games against teams they are better than... but have found a way to win. They also played Eastside last friday but the game was post. due to the weather... the game is tied 2-2 early in the 3rd quarter.)
8. Eastside [1-1] (Crushed a ranked Bay Port team, but were dominated by Arrowhead... this team seems to be all over the place... after a few more games it will be easier to judge how this eastside team will be. Note: the lose to Arrowhead was their first game of the season which could attribute to the discrepancy in there scores from that game to their following games.)
9. USM [1-1] (Played a close game vs Marquette but if I do recall, the Marquette goalie was kicked out of the game early on... which could inturn changed to outcome. *He was a very good goalie, best I've seen all year. They also played a shot out with Brookfield who has actually been looking up.
10. Bay Port/ Neenah [both .500] (After the embarrassing lose to Eastside, I dont quite know how good Bay Port is, and Neenah hasnt played anyone other than a 6 goal lose to Waunakee... Ultimatly the head to head match up tomorrow will determine who gets the last spot on the top 10)

HM Brookfield [1-3] They havent any big games but have played several close games to superior teams, maybe in the later stages of the season they can get things together and turn those loses into wins

Madison Lafollete [3-2] Haven't seen them play but they seem to be heading in the right direction.
Back to top Go down
gbpackers12
Freshman
Freshman
gbpackers12

Number of posts : 61
Registration date : 2008-04-11

Top 10 - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Top 10   Top 10 - Page 4 EmptyMon Apr 28, 2008 5:58 pm

the big dipper....

balance shmalance.

waunakee won the game
i was there.
both teams had excellent balance. all three of each team's attackman are solid. both teams have several lines of quick middies who know how to handle the ball

its no good to spend the day on the what if's and such.
the bottom line is it should be arrowhead, marquette, waunakee as 1, 2, 3.

marquette did lose three games out of state, so that puts them below arrowhead in my mind. but not any lower than two, since it is out of state.

but to say just the way middleton played in the game last monday puts them above waunakee is ridiculous. waunakee won

thats like giving the memphis mens basketball team the trophy for the ncaa championship and not kansas, because even though they lost, they played better for the majority of hte game.

your statement is just quite bogus.
Back to top Go down
gfields5
JV
JV
gfields5

Number of posts : 145
Registration date : 2008-03-28

Top 10 - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Top 10   Top 10 - Page 4 EmptyMon Apr 28, 2008 6:06 pm

gbpackers12 wrote:
the big dipper....

balance shmalance.

waunakee won the game
i was there.
both teams had excellent balance. all three of each team's attackman are solid. both teams have several lines of quick middies who know how to handle the ball

its no good to spend the day on the what if's and such.
the bottom line is it should be arrowhead, marquette, waunakee as 1, 2, 3.

marquette did lose three games out of state, so that puts them below arrowhead in my mind. but not any lower than two, since it is out of state.

but to say just the way middleton played in the game last monday puts them above waunakee is ridiculous. waunakee won

thats like giving the memphis mens basketball team the trophy for the ncaa championship and not kansas, because even though they lost, they played better for the majority of hte game.

your statement is just quite bogus.

I agree wholeheartedly. As I stated earlier, if Middleton is truly better than Waunakee, prove it next time that you two play. Until then, Middleton is ranked below Waunakee.
Back to top Go down
The Big Dipper
JV
JV
The Big Dipper

Top 10 - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Top 10   Top 10 - Page 4 EmptyMon Apr 28, 2008 6:15 pm

yea i understand all that...

just bing a middleton player, I... I... not you... I believe my team is better than waunakee... but here...

Arrowhead
Marquette
Waunakee
Middleton

my apologies
Back to top Go down
madhater
Rookie
Rookie

Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2007-06-14

Top 10 - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Top 10   Top 10 - Page 4 EmptyMon Apr 28, 2008 8:18 pm

From the previous page, some Middleton guy mentioned some joke about SP and Middleton. I'm guessing it had something to do with SP being ranked ahead of them in Lax Power??
Back to top Go down
The Big Dipper
JV
JV
The Big Dipper

Top 10 - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Top 10   Top 10 - Page 4 EmptyMon Apr 28, 2008 8:42 pm

yea something like that.. i just think laxpower's rankings are a joke overall... like another guy said "its like the bcs"
Back to top Go down
SiouxLax
All-Conference
All-Conference
SiouxLax

Number of posts : 830

Top 10 - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Top 10   Top 10 - Page 4 EmptyMon Apr 28, 2008 9:02 pm

The more games played the better laxpower becomes. The thing you are seeming to forget is laxpower is based of numbers...not the abilities of the team.
Back to top Go down
http://www.undlacrosse.com
WiscoLax
Freshman
Freshman
WiscoLax

Top 10 - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Top 10   Top 10 - Page 4 EmptyMon Apr 28, 2008 9:06 pm

you boys lost to waunakee 9-5 so you should be ranked behind them. You got a penalty in the game, so what. That's no reason to throw out a game and call it a joke just because they won. Penaltys are common and no ones fault but your own. If you're as good as you drum it up to be by throwing away a game against a team like waunakee, then next time you should be able to beat them with a large margin, but until that large margined victory comes, im going to believe the scores.
Back to top Go down
The Big Dipper
JV
JV
The Big Dipper

Top 10 - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Top 10   Top 10 - Page 4 EmptyMon Apr 28, 2008 9:10 pm

can i get a quote on when i said that waunakee game was a joke?
Back to top Go down
WiscoLax
Freshman
Freshman
WiscoLax

Top 10 - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Top 10   Top 10 - Page 4 EmptyMon Apr 28, 2008 9:15 pm

The Big Dipper wrote:
not you... I believe my team is better than waunakee... but

You're basically ignoring the fact of the game and the last couple days everyone on here has been making excuses about it. Uhh fast break goals, penalty on hummel took him out for a couple minutes. etc. That's putting down waunakee and their victory over you and making it meaningless. Like i said, if you're as good as you drum it up, prove it with a large margin next time... until then sweet.
Back to top Go down
Guru
Guru

Number of posts : 204
Registration date : 2007-06-01

Top 10 - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Top 10   Top 10 - Page 4 EmptyMon Apr 28, 2008 9:19 pm

how about back to the current top 10 and not the middleton v. waunakee thread
Back to top Go down
Hummel18
Rookie
Rookie

Number of posts : 42
Registration date : 2007-05-15

Top 10 - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Top 10   Top 10 - Page 4 EmptyMon Apr 28, 2008 9:20 pm

h.o
to wisco. Good Talk, who are you kid
Back to top Go down
WiscoLax
Freshman
Freshman
WiscoLax

Top 10 - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Top 10   Top 10 - Page 4 EmptyMon Apr 28, 2008 9:23 pm

someone with an unbiased opinion and am only saying prove it on the field, i know you're a great team, obviously top 5. I just don't like seeing a good team like middleton making excuses. Just prove it on the field. Back to top ten?
Back to top Go down
Guru
Guru

Number of posts : 204
Registration date : 2007-06-01

Top 10 - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Top 10   Top 10 - Page 4 EmptyMon Apr 28, 2008 9:28 pm

only comment (and considering that I could be a little biased but I'm not one to go on the boards and flame/trash talk/cocky even though I'm a coach). It's easy to hide behind a user name. If you have something to say...say it and own up to it. But you don't need to hide and be the "unbiased opinion". Sorry but obviously that is a problem everywhere on the internet and I'm getting fed up with it. People saying WHATEVER but it's easy to hide. This post is more directed to this entire thread, not just wisco's

back to the top 10.
Back to top Go down
WiscoLax
Freshman
Freshman
WiscoLax

Top 10 - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Top 10   Top 10 - Page 4 EmptyMon Apr 28, 2008 9:34 pm

All im saying is i don't like it when great teams (like Middleton)make excuses. Everyone can slip up once in a while. That's why we play the game. Besides that Its all about the team that can win its last game anyways, not like rankings mean anything once it really comes down to it.. not trash talking at all...
Back to top Go down
Jack
Admin
Jack

Number of posts : 741

Top 10 - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Top 10   Top 10 - Page 4 EmptyMon Apr 28, 2008 9:35 pm

There is a difference between 'excuses' and 'reasons contributing to a loss'. Know the difference.
Back to top Go down
http://www.wisconsinlax.aforumfree.com
The Big Dipper
JV
JV
The Big Dipper

Top 10 - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Top 10   Top 10 - Page 4 EmptyMon Apr 28, 2008 9:56 pm

okay yea i said i think my team is better, i didn't see the work "joke" anywhere in the sentence...

The penalties causes us the loss, thats all im saying

and that we are better than Waunakee
Back to top Go down
Butters
Varsity
Varsity

Number of posts : 352
Registration date : 2007-09-15

Top 10 - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Top 10   Top 10 - Page 4 EmptyMon Apr 28, 2008 10:02 pm

This argument is stupid. Why does anyone care if Middleton thinks they're better. Maybe they are? The Giants beat the Patriots, if you think the Giants are the better team because of that I would personally call you a psycho. Stop being so defensive and respect their opinions.
Back to top Go down
The Big Dipper
JV
JV
The Big Dipper

Top 10 - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Top 10   Top 10 - Page 4 EmptyMon Apr 28, 2008 10:04 pm

thanks
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content