Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Sun Prairie Jr team takes 4th place in True Lax Il. Tourney

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
SpLAX
Freshman
Freshman
SpLAX

Number of posts : 82
Registration date : 2007-09-17

Sun Prairie Jr team takes 4th place in True Lax Il. Tourney Empty
PostSubject: Sun Prairie Jr team takes 4th place in True Lax Il. Tourney   Sun Prairie Jr team takes 4th place in True Lax Il. Tourney EmptyMon May 11, 2009 5:55 pm

The SP 5/6th grade team went down to the True Lacrosse Mid season Youth tourney last weekend (May 9/10) and went 3-3 against some of the Illinois areas best youth lacrosse teams. All of the teams in the tourney are in the Illinois Youth Lacrosse Association, which is managed and run by Jake Deane and Mike Gabel of True Lacrosse and the Chicago Machine.

After an 8-7 loss to Kenilworth in the opening game of the tourney, the Fighting Cardinals posted deciive 10-1, and 13-3 victories over The Orland Park Chiefs and the Chicago Youth Lacrosse teams respectively. SP Goalie Jordan 'Beans' CeCe posted 16 saves on 19 shots vs CYL.

This brought on a last game of the day match between SP and the Fox Valley Select team (FV is a select team that is playing in the U11 Nationals in Baltimore this year). The Cards were tied at halftime and only down by 2 goals, 7-5, at the 9:14 mark of the second half, but ran out of gas after playing in their fourth game of the day. The final was 15-5.

Sunday brought another tough loss to the Western Springs Select team. The boys (and Girls) from SP fought hard and kept it to a one goal game with about 5 minutes left in the game the score was tied 3-3, then WS potted a couple of quick ones and then it was over. The Boys from SP went down 8-3.

Another match against the Chiefs for 4th place ended in a 5-2 score. SP put 36 shots on the Chiefs goalie including 3 end to end rushes by Long pole Defenseman Jacob Kanak. Kanak was able to bury the last one to seal the deal for SP.

All in all a really great showing for the kids of SP.
Back to top Go down
http://www.sunprairielacrosse.com
Jack
Admin
Jack

Number of posts : 741
Registration date : 2007-05-11

PostSubject: Re: Sun Prairie Jr team takes 4th place in True Lax Il. Tourney   Sun Prairie Jr team takes 4th place in True Lax Il. Tourney EmptyMon May 11, 2009 7:24 pm

Congrats guys (and gals)!
Back to top Go down
http://www.wisconsinlax.aforumfree.com
SpLAX
Freshman
Freshman
SpLAX

PostSubject: Re: Sun Prairie Jr team takes 4th place in True Lax Il. Tourney   Sun Prairie Jr team takes 4th place in True Lax Il. Tourney EmptyMon May 11, 2009 8:43 pm

Thanks Jack. We tried to Represent WiscoLAX, and I think we turned some heads.
Back to top Go down
ownerer
Freshman
Freshman

Number of posts : 50
Registration date : 2007-06-25

PostSubject: they allow checking In IL for u11 our 5/6   Sun Prairie Jr team takes 4th place in True Lax Il. Tourney EmptyTue May 12, 2009 9:42 am

SpLAX wrote:

Isn't it time to revisit the no check rule for our 5/6 age groups. We play tackle football in 4th grade I believe.
Back to top Go down
SpLAX
Freshman
Freshman
SpLAX

PostSubject: Re: Sun Prairie Jr team takes 4th place in True Lax Il. Tourney   Sun Prairie Jr team takes 4th place in True Lax Il. Tourney EmptyTue May 12, 2009 9:44 am

ownerer wrote:
SpLAX wrote:

Isn't it time to revisit the no check rule for our 5/6 age groups. We play tackle football in 4th grade I believe.

And Hockey checks in the (I think, the levels confuse me) Mite division wich is +/- 10YS old, or 5th grade.
Back to top Go down
Butters
Varsity
Varsity

Number of posts : 352
Registration date : 2007-09-15

PostSubject: Re: Sun Prairie Jr team takes 4th place in True Lax Il. Tourney   Sun Prairie Jr team takes 4th place in True Lax Il. Tourney EmptyTue May 12, 2009 12:07 pm

SpLAX wrote:
ownerer wrote:
SpLAX wrote:

And Hockey checks in the (I think, the levels confuse me) Mite division wich is +/- 10YS old, or 5th grade.
Unless it's changed in the past few years it's the PeeWee age group when checking becomes legal.I think that's 6th grade.
Back to top Go down
SpLAX
Freshman
Freshman
SpLAX

PostSubject: Re: Sun Prairie Jr team takes 4th place in True Lax Il. Tourney   Sun Prairie Jr team takes 4th place in True Lax Il. Tourney EmptyTue May 12, 2009 12:09 pm

Butters wrote:
SpLAX wrote:
ownerer wrote:
SpLAX wrote:

Unless it's changed in the past few years it's the PeeWee age group when checking becomes legal.I think that's 6th grade.

Thanks Butters, the names/grade/age classifications is Youth Hockey have always just confused me. Either way, we are talkign 10-11 years old.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sun Prairie Jr team takes 4th place in True Lax Il. Tourney   Sun Prairie Jr team takes 4th place in True Lax Il. Tourney Empty

Back to top Go down

Sun Prairie Jr team takes 4th place in True Lax Il. Tourney
Page 1 of 1