Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Who will win the state championship game?

Go down 
+15
MontanaInMiddleton
WisconsinLax
tdarcy
snhu21
veronalax33
Guru
bigpattyboy36
Colin44
MUHSLAX
Jaron
Jack
SiouxLax
Butters
MUHS #30
laxfan1
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Waunakee
Who will win the state championship game? - Page 2 Vote_lcap44%Who will win the state championship game? - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 44% [ 12 ]
Arrowhead
Who will win the state championship game? - Page 2 Vote_lcap56%Who will win the state championship game? - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 56% [ 15 ]
Total Votes : 27

AuthorMessage
tdarcy
Freshman
Freshman

Number of posts : 73
Registration date : 2007-05-11

Who will win the state championship game? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who will win the state championship game?   Who will win the state championship game? - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 06, 2009 8:16 pm

Well done, Warriors!
Back to top Go down
WisconsinLax
Rookie
Rookie

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2009-03-25

PostSubject: Re: Who will win the state championship game?   Who will win the state championship game? - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 06, 2009 10:21 pm

Jack wrote:

I also think it would be better for the state if we didn't have a back to back to back champion.

The refs definitely felt that way as well...

Arrowhead dominated entire first half, possessing ball for probably 4/5 the time, towards end of 2nd quarter the calls against arrowhead came out and never stopped. Waunakee took advantage and took momentum for the rest of the game. Someone should evaluate these refs besides Sed Flanders... Still a great game besides all that, but Arrowhead deserved the win after how badly they dominated before the reffing took over.
Back to top Go down
Jaron
Admin
Jaron

Number of posts : 480

PostSubject: Re: Who will win the state championship game?   Who will win the state championship game? - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 06, 2009 10:24 pm

Way to bring the title back to Madison!

Also, thats a very judgemental statement above. After all the talk pushed around here this season about how no one can blame a game on the refs, it is unfair to say that a team deserved to win based of officials calls.
Back to top Go down
SiouxLax
All-Conference
All-Conference
SiouxLax

Number of posts : 830

PostSubject: Re: Who will win the state championship game?   Who will win the state championship game? - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 06, 2009 10:47 pm

I wouldn't blame the refs at all...Some of the calls were meh, but nothing that truly changed the game.

What killed AHS was their inability to get their shots on goal, along with dropping a lot of passes. Waunakee just wanted it more it seemed like in the 2nd half while AHS was just playing real sloppy.

Also, for some reason Daniel DiGiacomo(who most of you guys say is the best mid they got) only saw about 5 mins on the field the whole game.
Back to top Go down
http://www.undlacrosse.com
MontanaInMiddleton
Rookie
Rookie

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2009-06-06

PostSubject: Re: Who will win the state championship game?   Who will win the state championship game? - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 06, 2009 10:52 pm

Waunakee did come out a bit sloppy and Arrowhead was able to keep the ball for about 11 min of the 1st quarter. That was Arrowhead's game to win not the refs making it go to Waunakee.

There were some calls that could go the other way for both teams.

After watching the whole game I thought that Waunakee was able to hang tough mentally, the weather was affecting everyone, and overcome the 2 goal deficit. If I remember correctly it was only 4-2 at half so it is not as if this game was a blow out an the refs made Waunakee win.

Arrowhead's goalie played a pretty good game but Waunakee's defense stepped up and their transition game was able to help them win. I thought Fix #3 on Waunakee did a good job at the Face Off X but 13 I thought had a few more wins, maybe it was just wing help but either way.

Brewster did one heck of a job on #34 Frank, who I think only had a goal which was good, but being the best player in the Milwaukee area he should have stepped up more. I know what shutting off a guy is like and it is hard to get open but when it is the state Championship you do whatever you can to get open and get the ball. He did neither of these things, sorry.

Playmakers step up in games like this and that is what I saw from Waunakee not Arrowhead.

Jared Woock #15, sorry if the name is not right, Severson #11, and Brewster #20, all are seniors and all took the ball and showed what they are made of and gave it everything and look what happened, They Won.

Now lets get this straight I am not a "Waunakee Fan" I also have never seen Arrowhead play before today. I coach for Middleton so losing to Waunakee does not make me a fan of them.

There were 3 count them 3 refs their today not the usual 2 and i thought they did a pretty good job. Being a referee is not easy, not sure if anyone that commented on the game has reffed. But the rain was also a factor, which sucks because I would have liked to see these teams battle full speed with no worrying about their sticks, which happened.

All in all the 1st State Championship game experience was a positive one for me despite the weather! And I am excited for next year Already.
Back to top Go down
Jack
Admin
Jack

Number of posts : 741

PostSubject: Re: Who will win the state championship game?   Who will win the state championship game? - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 06, 2009 11:01 pm

Value this guys posts /\

His lacrosse I.Q. and overall intelligence are both incredible.
Back to top Go down
http://www.wisconsinlax.aforumfree.com
Jaron
Admin
Jaron

PostSubject: Re: Who will win the state championship game?   Who will win the state championship game? - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 06, 2009 11:25 pm

Not too mention he has great hair.
Back to top Go down
Wolfpack51
Rookie
Rookie
Wolfpack51

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2009-06-07

PostSubject: Re: Who will win the state championship game?   Who will win the state championship game? - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 07, 2009 8:44 am

Arrowhead 10
Waunakee 7

Wausau 6
Bay Port 3
Back to top Go down
Guru
Guru

Number of posts : 204
Registration date : 2007-06-01

PostSubject: Re: Who will win the state championship game?   Who will win the state championship game? - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 07, 2009 11:04 am

wow hate to say i called it... but... WOOOO! nice job warriors
Back to top Go down
Jaron
Admin
Jaron

PostSubject: Re: Who will win the state championship game?   Who will win the state championship game? - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 07, 2009 11:30 am

Wolfpack51 wrote:
Arrowhead 10
Waunakee 7

Wausau 6
Bay Port 3

Little late.
Back to top Go down
SiouxLax
All-Conference
All-Conference
SiouxLax

PostSubject: Re: Who will win the state championship game?   Who will win the state championship game? - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 07, 2009 11:53 am

and it wasn't 10-7...
Back to top Go down
Neenahlax2
Rookie
Rookie
Neenahlax2

Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2007-12-21

PostSubject: Re: Who will win the state championship game?   Who will win the state championship game? - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 07, 2009 8:08 pm

and it wasnt arrowhead
Back to top Go down
SiouxLax
All-Conference
All-Conference
SiouxLax

PostSubject: Re: Who will win the state championship game?   Who will win the state championship game? - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 07, 2009 9:20 pm

All around fail by Wolfpack51
Back to top Go down
Jack
Admin
Jack

Number of posts : 741

PostSubject: Re: Who will win the state championship game?   Who will win the state championship game? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 08, 2009 12:00 am

HAHA!
Back to top Go down
http://www.wisconsinlax.aforumfree.com
mmhs089
Rookie
Rookie
mmhs089

Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2007-05-17

PostSubject: Re: Who will win the state championship game?   Who will win the state championship game? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 08, 2009 5:33 pm

hahahahahahahahaaaahahahahahhahahhhahhahaha
Back to top Go down
Delldorado
Freshman
Freshman
Delldorado

Number of posts : 58
Registration date : 2008-05-10

PostSubject: Re: Who will win the state championship game?   Who will win the state championship game? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 08, 2009 10:10 pm

ha steve
Back to top Go down
http://www.WausauLacrosse.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Who will win the state championship game?   Who will win the state championship game? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2