Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Is 4 the number of God?

Go down 
+11
MUHS #30
Coach_Goldberg
Butters
bigpattyboy36
Hugo43
krks34
Lefty019
DwinsChamps
Nate
Jack
thedamnedfan
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
thedamnedfan
All-Conference
All-Conference
thedamnedfan

Number of posts : 799
Registration date : 2007-05-11

Is 4 the number of God? Empty
PostSubject: Is 4 the number of God?   Is 4 the number of God? EmptyTue Oct 30, 2007 12:02 pm

I think so.

Amazing way to end the game last night versus Devner.
Back to top Go down
Jack
Admin
Jack

Number of posts : 741

PostSubject: Re: Is 4 the number of God?   Is 4 the number of God? EmptyTue Oct 30, 2007 4:24 pm

whatever, the man has a guardian angel
Back to top Go down
http://www.wisconsinlax.aforumfree.com
Nate
All-Conference
All-Conference
Nate

Number of posts : 570
Registration date : 2007-05-12

PostSubject: Re: Is 4 the number of God?   Is 4 the number of God? EmptyTue Oct 30, 2007 6:01 pm

DwinsChamps wrote:
The number of God is clearly 23. Michael Jordan, Devin Hester?

God wouldn't need to abuse alcohol and prescription meds in order to start games and play well.

Yes, Hester is good, yes, Michael Jordan is good. But they are not gods.

Alcohol and prescription drugs didn't make him start.. he has always been simpley amazing. All you do is bash.. Oh, and what happened to Green Bay getting walked all over this season?

EDIT/ADDITION:
Favre grew an addiction to Painkillers. He wouldn't had taken them if he didn't have to.

Last edited by on Tue Oct 30, 2007 6:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.stoughtonlacrosse.com
Jack
Admin
Jack

PostSubject: Re: Is 4 the number of God?   Is 4 the number of God? EmptyTue Oct 30, 2007 6:03 pm

michael jordan is a god too, just like Bert Favor
Back to top Go down
Nate
All-Conference
All-Conference
Nate

PostSubject: Re: Is 4 the number of God?   Is 4 the number of God? EmptyTue Oct 30, 2007 8:28 pm

Yes, we know he is good. But he has a few years before he's a god.

You never answered my question though, Dwins. What happened to Green Bay getting walked all over this season?
Back to top Go down
Jack
Admin
Jack

PostSubject: Re: Is 4 the number of God?   Is 4 the number of God? EmptyTue Oct 30, 2007 9:18 pm

the year the chiefs started the year like 9-0 or whatever, i'd argue that dante hall was as good as hester... hes a returner... there is alot of successful ones
Back to top Go down
thedamnedfan
All-Conference
All-Conference
thedamnedfan

PostSubject: Re: Is 4 the number of God?   Is 4 the number of God? EmptyWed Oct 31, 2007 12:51 am

Like the guy said at the end of the video... Devin Hester is rediculous, he is not God, just rediculous.

And yeah, Dante Hall and Randy Moss had their days as returners. Eventually they just stop kicking to you, as you have seen in previous weeks. They would punt away from Hall or bounce it to attempt to get players on him right away. But yeah...

Hester is pretty freakin good. But by no means God. Hes too fresh.
Back to top Go down
DwinsChamps
Varsity
Varsity
DwinsChamps

Number of posts : 335
Registration date : 2007-05-14

PostSubject: Re: Is 4 the number of God?   Is 4 the number of God? EmptyWed Oct 31, 2007 3:07 pm

Green Bay hasn't had a convincing win this season.

It took the Packers overtime to beat a poor Denver team that was without it's #1 receiver and running back, and GB had 15 days to prepare. To be honest, if that pulling guard didn't punch the ball out of Cutler's hands on first and goal from the 2, the Packers probably lose in regulation.

What good teams have you beaten? San Diego and and Washington basically handed those games away at the end. The Giants were winless and injured when you played them, and it took a muffed punt rolling backwards thirty yards for you to beat Philly. But at least you beat my injured Bears team on prime time...

Not to mention, you should be concerned that you're barely winning games WITH BRETT FAVRE. That man is going to be in broadcasting soon enough. Then what?
Back to top Go down
Nate
All-Conference
All-Conference
Nate

PostSubject: Re: Is 4 the number of God?   Is 4 the number of God? EmptyWed Oct 31, 2007 3:23 pm

There's a quote from a really bad movie(The Fast and The Furious)

"It doesn't matter if you win by an inch or a mile. Winning is winning"

Yes, they have all been close with Green Bay. But Green Bay will continue to win

..and I can't believe I just quoted The Fast and The Furious.. I feel like a fool. Oh well.
Back to top Go down
DwinsChamps
Varsity
Varsity
DwinsChamps

PostSubject: Re: Is 4 the number of God?   Is 4 the number of God? EmptyWed Oct 31, 2007 4:17 pm

I think that you're looking at this the wrong way.

Why will they continue to win? It's hard to expect teams to give them muffed punt touchdowns and force their own fumbles on a weekly basis. The quality of the win is how you determine the future.

I think it's a safe bet to say that New England will continue winning...not Green Bay.
Back to top Go down
thedamnedfan
All-Conference
All-Conference
thedamnedfan

PostSubject: Re: Is 4 the number of God?   Is 4 the number of God? EmptyThu Nov 01, 2007 3:55 am

I agree with that... NE is no doubtly the best team, with them they have a very steady flow of good players, not just a few key players. And they have a few key ones as well.

But yeah, I would put Brady up there with Brett, but not as good, at this point in time that is, I can already see Brady beating Bretts record though. He will be good now and better later.

Hmmm....
Back to top Go down
Lefty019
JV
JV
Lefty019

Number of posts : 147
Registration date : 2007-05-13

PostSubject: Re: Is 4 the number of God?   Is 4 the number of God? EmptyMon Dec 10, 2007 1:55 pm

Just an update but 11-2 seems pretty convincing to me
Back to top Go down
Jack
Admin
Jack

PostSubject: Re: Is 4 the number of God?   Is 4 the number of God? EmptyMon Dec 10, 2007 3:08 pm

yeah i'd like to hear what you have to say at this point in the season storts.

Packers: 11-2

KEY WINS (11 Total Wins):
31-13 over New York Giants who leads the NFC Wild Card
31-24 over San Diego Chargers who lead the AFC West
19-13 over Denver Broncos (IN OT, experience in ot is crucial)
34-0 over Minnesota Vikings (Shutout vs division rival. HUGE.)
31-17 over Carolina Panthers (Great game, held tempo 4 qtrs)
38-7 over Oakland Raiders (Blowout, held tempo 4 qtrs)

KEY LOSSES (2 Total Losses):
Dallas (12-1) 37-27 with Favre out from the 1st Qtr on
Chicago (5-8 ) 27-20 Too many mistakes, lets just remember back to the super bowl season of 1997 The Packers lost to an Eagles team that went 6-9-1. One of these is forgivable i think.

As for the Bears: 5-8

KEY WINS (5 Total Wins):
27-20 over Division Champion Green Bay Packers
19-16 over Philadelphia Eagles (last place NFC East, good close win nonetheless)
37-34 over Denver Broncos in OT (again, great experience for playoff run, however Chicago will not be making the playoffs, they're in last place)

KEY LOSSES (8 Total Losses):
17-3 San Diego Chargers (8-5) would've been good for them to get a win vs San Diego, who are now in first place in the AFC West
24-16Washington Redskins (6-7) 3rd Place NFC East
37-27 AND 16-7 Detroit Lions (6-7) 3rd Place NFC North
Bears are also 1-3 in Division Games.
Back to top Go down
DwinsChamps
Varsity
Varsity
DwinsChamps

PostSubject: Re: Is 4 the number of God?   Is 4 the number of God? EmptyMon Dec 10, 2007 7:17 pm

Interesting.

I noticed that you failed to mention the fact that we, The Bears, sustained massive injuries to 5 probowlers, 10 starters, and many of their top backups. I know that such a number is unimaginable for a packer fan, considering green bay had what, 2 probowlers last year...zero of which started, of course. During the only time that the Bears have been a healthy unit, they were leading in San Diego and holding ladanian tomlinson to the lowest rushing yards total in his career.

It seems funny to me that a packer fan is talking (Making your S a $ still doesnt make it acceptable) about the Bears, considering our last two meaningful matchups went like this:
-Healthy Bears at Lambeau win 27-0 vs. Healthy packers
-Unhealthy Bears at Lambeau win 27-20 vs. Healthy packers

This is what I have to say:
Green Bay has beaten a bunch of bad teams, some of them by a humiliatingly close margin. Green Bay has beaten some good teams, mostly at Lambeau, at times when those teams were going through tremendous injuries. Green Bay also had its (Same as above) throttled by Dallas, the only legitimate superbowl contender it has played. Green Bay, with almighty bretty favre and an entirely healthy lineup, lost AT HOME to a Bears squad that was without its stars and just finished, arguably, its most disappointing season in the last 20 years.

I know that this is the best packer team that you kids have seen in quite some time, and I'm happy that you're getting excited about the team that you support, but you children need to examine the situation objectively:

Green Bay has an above-average passing offense, an average running game, below average special teams, and a defense that has yielded big points and yardage to all of the good offenses it has faced this year. That's basically a recipe for an early playoff exit, ala 2003 when the Falcons went to Lambeau and whupped-up on another overrated packer team.

How's that for you, jacky boy?
Back to top Go down
krks34
JV
JV
krks34

Number of posts : 184
Registration date : 2007-05-16

PostSubject: Re: Is 4 the number of God?   Is 4 the number of God? EmptyMon Dec 10, 2007 8:11 pm

the sole reason why brett favre is god is because the man has 250 consecutive starts under his belt. in any sport, this is an accomplishment. the reason why devin hester isnt a god is because he has two seasons under his belt. also the position he was drafted for, WR, he is not outstanding by any means.
Back to top Go down
DwinsChamps
Varsity
Varsity
DwinsChamps

PostSubject: Re: Is 4 the number of God?   Is 4 the number of God? EmptyMon Dec 10, 2007 8:46 pm

He was drafted as a kick returner. He played defensive back in college. He was converted to receiver this season. He is scoring return touchdowns at a considerably higher rate than any other player in the history of the game. He has been named to the pro-bowl in 100% of the seasons that he has played.

Tom Brady and Peyton Manning are going to eclipse all of Favre's important records (ie not the mountainous record that is his interception total) long before they are finished playing.
Back to top Go down
Nate
All-Conference
All-Conference
Nate

PostSubject: Re: Is 4 the number of God?   Is 4 the number of God? EmptyMon Dec 10, 2007 8:55 pm

DwinsChamps wrote:
Interesting.

I noticed that you failed to mention the fact that we, The Bears, sustained massive injuries to 5 probowlers, 10 starters, and many of their top backups. I know that such a number is unimaginable for a packer fan, considering green bay had what, 2 probowlers last year...zero of which started, of course. During the only time that the Bears have been a healthy unit, they were leading in San Diego and holding ladanian tomlinson to the lowest rushing yards total in his career.

It seems funny to me that a packer fan is talking $hit about the Bears, considering our last two meaningful matchups went like this:
-Healthy Bears at Lambeau win 27-0 vs. Healthy packers
-Unhealthy Bears at Lambeau win 27-20 vs. Healthy packers

This is what I have to say:
Green Bay has beaten a bunch of bad teams, some of them by a humiliatingly close margin. Green Bay has beaten some good teams, mostly at Lambeau, at times when those teams were going through tremendous injuries. Green Bay also had its a$$ throttled by Dallas, the only legitimate superbowl contender it has played. Green Bay, with almighty bretty favre and an entirely healthy lineup, lost AT HOME to a Bears squad that was without its stars and just finished, arguably, its most disappointing season in the last 20 years.
I know that this is the best packer team that you kids have seen in quite some time, and I'm happy that you're getting excited about the team that you support, but you children need to examine the situation objectively:

Green Bay has an above-average passing offense, an average running game, below average special teams, and a defense that has yielded big points and yardage to all of the good offenses it has faced this year. That's basically a recipe for an early playoff exit, ala 2003 when the Falcons went to Lambeau and whupped-up on another overrated packer team.
How's that for you, jacky boy?

1) Favre was out after the 1st quarter, KGB was out, Woodson was out, and somebody else was too. Woodson: a key defensive player, KGB: a key defensive player, and Favre the key to the Packer offense. The Packers lost by just a touchdown, right? I think that's pretty damn good for having three key players out. And that didn't get throttled. I thought by now you would have realized how wrong you are about the Packers.

2) There was absolutley no reason as to why Green Bay should have lost. They played a poor game and it showed by them losing.

3) Green Bay is not overrated. Their passing defense is ranked 16th, their rush defense is ranked 11th, pass offense they're ranked 3rd, and rush offense they're ranked 24th. Now if you ask me, that isn't overrated.

4) Any I don't get why you're calling us children. Most of us are 17 and 18 years old.. if you ask me you're the childish one for arguing with children about "how good your Bears are" and "how much our Packers suck"
Back to top Go down
Hugo43
Rookie
Rookie
Hugo43

Number of posts : 42
Registration date : 2007-11-20

PostSubject: Re: Is 4 the number of God?   Is 4 the number of God? EmptyMon Dec 10, 2007 11:36 pm

Farve is incredible i will agree with that, but without him I think the NFC north is commanded by the Bears for the next few years
Back to top Go down
DwinsChamps
Varsity
Varsity
DwinsChamps

PostSubject: Re: Is 4 the number of God?   Is 4 the number of God? EmptyTue Dec 11, 2007 12:01 am

The packers were throttled.

Bretty favre was 5/14 with 2 ints at the time of his departure, and the Cowboys had a 27-10 lead. Rodgers came in and did well against a mostly prevent defense that hadn't prepared for him. KGB doesn't contribute anything to run support, and Woodson's best days were at Michigan in the 90's. Besides, it was superstar Al Harris who was getting worked by T.O., Woodson wouldn't have been covering him anyways.

It's pretty clear that green bay is the inferior team. Care to show me how I'm wrong about the packers? Show me what I've said that's been untrue.
Back to top Go down
Jack
Admin
Jack

PostSubject: Re: Is 4 the number of God?   Is 4 the number of God? EmptyTue Dec 11, 2007 12:36 am

DwinsChamps wrote:
It's pretty clear that green bay is the inferior team.

that is where you have said something thats untrue. how can you even think to post that, after the Packers just won the division, and the Bears are in last place? Storts, you cease to amaze me...
Back to top Go down
DwinsChamps
Varsity
Varsity
DwinsChamps

PostSubject: Re: Is 4 the number of God?   Is 4 the number of God? EmptyTue Dec 11, 2007 11:20 am

Inferior to the Cowboys...maybe the truest statement these boards have ever heard.

The packers are better than the injured half-squad that Chicago puts on the field every week, by a smaller margin than you think.
Back to top Go down
bigpattyboy36
All-Conference
All-Conference
bigpattyboy36

Number of posts : 579

PostSubject: Re: Is 4 the number of God?   Is 4 the number of God? EmptyTue Dec 11, 2007 2:05 pm

hmmm....

chicago -- boo hoo. y'all should start suiting up cubs pitchers in quarterback uniforms. i bet they'd throw a more consistent game than rex or brian. i'm soooooo sorry we werent able to impress the illustrious superbowl team from last season who flopped over and played dead at the sight of peyton manning. let me also apologize for your team's lack of support due to injuries... i'm sorry, i didnt realize that injuries were part of the game and that teams should be prepared for such things.

let's talk about injuries for a second... we've mentioned that favre went down against the cowboys, how do the packers respond? aaron rodgers of course. that's called preparation. rodgers played quite well, and brought the packers within 3 points of the cowboys with momentum on green bay's side. had that one pass interference call late in the 4th quarter(which was totally bogus) go in the favor of the cowboys, the packers would have been able to at least tie, and probably win the game.

go back to chicago and complain to soldier field. at least the people down there care about the bears.
Back to top Go down
Lefty019
JV
JV
Lefty019

Number of posts : 147
Registration date : 2007-05-13

PostSubject: Re: Is 4 the number of God?   Is 4 the number of God? EmptyTue Dec 11, 2007 4:12 pm

Its really easy to sum this up packers are in the playoffs, bears aren't, nice year after going to the super bowl Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Nate
All-Conference
All-Conference
Nate

PostSubject: Re: Is 4 the number of God?   Is 4 the number of God? EmptyTue Dec 11, 2007 5:27 pm

A great way to sum up this whole thread..

Brett Favre is a god, the Bears blow nuts, Dwins is wrong, me and all of the other Packer fans are right. Just suck it up man, everybody knows you're wrong. It's time you realize it yourself.
Back to top Go down
Butters
Varsity
Varsity

Number of posts : 352
Registration date : 2007-09-15

PostSubject: Re: Is 4 the number of God?   Is 4 the number of God? EmptyTue Dec 11, 2007 6:31 pm

You know, this is why Storts isn't agreeing with you, because you're being an arrogant moron. I'm sorry, but through their careers, Devin Hester will probably be better at his position. All of Favre's records will be broken before he's 50. The records Hester are breaking could go on for so much longer. Although the Bear's are just not a better team this year, injuries are part of the game, so maybe if the Packers are more affected by them next year than the Bears are, the Bears will once again be better. It's usually cyclical.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is 4 the number of God?   Is 4 the number of God? Empty

Back to top Go down

Is 4 the number of God?
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: www.wiscolax.com-
Jump to: