Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

How will the MAYLA play out?

Go down 
+14
kmlax26
mmhs089
Jack
Jaron
Butters
Nate
thedamnedfan
wiMiddie
krks34
gfields5
foxmotox643
bigpattyboy36
SiouxLax
Umich2KM
18 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Umich2KM
Freshman
Freshman
Umich2KM

Number of posts : 75
Registration date : 2008-02-17

How will the MAYLA play out? Empty
PostSubject: How will the MAYLA play out?   How will the MAYLA play out? EmptyMon Feb 18, 2008 12:26 am

Prediction
1. Arrowhead *I think they will pull it together, they have talent just need chemistry
2. KM *Sleeper, also has talent there D needs to develope and fast
3. Marquette *all the marquette players think this is the team, but im not sold just yet but they could prove me wrong
4. Eastside *they have joe... he carried them 2 a 3rd place finish in the conf last year
5. USM *has been playing well at indoor but im not soo sure
6. Northshore *has a decent core group but not good enough to touch the up half of the conf.
7. Brookfield *just dont have the numbers or the athletes
8. Kenosha *never have been the great but there are many new teams this year so i believe they will b ahead of them
9. Waukesha *normally produces good athelets in track, football, basketball, etc. so i suppose they could have some alrite lacrosse players for their 1st year
10. Oconomowoc *1st year also so they will most likly b at the bottom but still ahead of heritac chrisitan
11. Heritage Chrisitan *has a varsity team... idk y there JV didnt even win a game last year vs JV teams

Note: KM might have a B team from the impressive numbers
Back to top Go down
SiouxLax
All-Conference
All-Conference
SiouxLax

Number of posts : 830
Registration date : 2007-05-11

PostSubject: Re: How will the MAYLA play out?   How will the MAYLA play out? EmptyMon Feb 18, 2008 12:29 am

You guys should field a JV team before throwing in another V team. I would say those predictions are pretty close to what I would say, but heres my top 5, which are the ones that really matter.

1. AHS
2. MUHS
3. KM
3. Eastside
5. USM
Back to top Go down
http://www.undlacrosse.com
Umich2KM
Freshman
Freshman
Umich2KM

PostSubject: Re: How will the MAYLA play out?   How will the MAYLA play out? EmptyMon Feb 18, 2008 12:40 am

KM is getting another JV, so they will have 2 JV's and 2 Varsity teams and they also have several youth teams the sport grew over nite at KM. also the reason there having 2 Varsity teams is they have a rule that all seniors r on varsity and they have 10 new seniors this year so thats not fair to the juniors and sophs that would have been on varsity if it werent for them so the ones that arnt good enough 4 A will b on B
Back to top Go down
SiouxLax
All-Conference
All-Conference
SiouxLax

PostSubject: Re: How will the MAYLA play out?   How will the MAYLA play out? EmptyMon Feb 18, 2008 12:53 am

Gotcha...how the hell do you have enough coaches for all those teams. AHS is going to cuts this year because we just don't have the coaching staff to add a 4th team.

The way our system is run, doesn't matter what your grade is...you're ability decides what team you're on. But if you have a A and B varsity then I guess that's legit that seniors get to play on V.
Back to top Go down
Umich2KM
Freshman
Freshman
Umich2KM

PostSubject: Re: How will the MAYLA play out?   How will the MAYLA play out? EmptyMon Feb 18, 2008 1:05 am

Idk where the coaches r coming from some have kids that play others just wanta coach some drive in from TOSA everyday
Back to top Go down
SiouxLax
All-Conference
All-Conference
SiouxLax

PostSubject: Re: How will the MAYLA play out?   How will the MAYLA play out? EmptyMon Feb 18, 2008 1:23 am

Ok, well I just checked and there will be 7 Varsity teams in Milwaukee.

1. Arrowhead
2. MUHS
3. KM
4. Eastside
5. USM
6. Brookfield
7. Northshore

Kenosha is playing JV, Waukesha and Oconomowoc are a combined team also playing JV, and Heritage Christian is still playing JV.
Back to top Go down
Umich2KM
Freshman
Freshman
Umich2KM

PostSubject: Re: How will the MAYLA play out?   How will the MAYLA play out? EmptyMon Feb 18, 2008 1:36 am

where did u hear about all the teams playing JV? and why is Kenosha playing JV what a joke they played varsity for several years hah maybe they'll get a conf. win... just maybe!
Back to top Go down
bigpattyboy36
All-Conference
All-Conference
bigpattyboy36

Number of posts : 579
Registration date : 2007-05-12

PostSubject: Re: How will the MAYLA play out?   How will the MAYLA play out? EmptyMon Feb 18, 2008 2:15 am

Umich2KM wrote:
where did u hear about all the teams playing JV? and why is Kenosha playing JV what a joke they played varsity for several years hah maybe they'll get a conf. win... just maybe!

well, jv is where teams and players can better learn the fundamentals... something that kenosha didnt seem to focus very much on... no offense to kenosha.
Back to top Go down
Umich2KM
Freshman
Freshman
Umich2KM

PostSubject: Re: How will the MAYLA play out?   How will the MAYLA play out? EmptyMon Feb 18, 2008 5:22 pm

yea but KM and Arrowhead came in there 1st year and were at least decent both were in the upper half of the conf, Arrowhead finished 2nd at state in there 1st year... so i dont really understand, and kenosha *as in all the kenosha schools* have athletes they have decent if not good football and basketball programs much more than KM... lol
Back to top Go down
SiouxLax
All-Conference
All-Conference
SiouxLax

PostSubject: Re: How will the MAYLA play out?   How will the MAYLA play out? EmptyMon Feb 18, 2008 6:21 pm

Basically Kenosha sucked, they didn't play the game...they were just out there to hurt people. I hated playing them and once we got a 5 goal lead, I wouldn't go back in.
Back to top Go down
Umich2KM
Freshman
Freshman
Umich2KM

PostSubject: Re: How will the MAYLA play out?   How will the MAYLA play out? EmptyMon Feb 18, 2008 6:44 pm

where can u find last years Mayla all conference team?
Back to top Go down
SiouxLax
All-Conference
All-Conference
SiouxLax

PostSubject: Re: How will the MAYLA play out?   How will the MAYLA play out? EmptyMon Feb 18, 2008 6:50 pm

I know a few of them

Middie - Joe (eastside)

Defense - Matt K(AHS), Casey C(AHS), Ben B(AHS)

Goalie - Jake(AHS)

EDIT:

Attack - #19(MUHS), #35(AHS), #10(USM)
Mid - #23(Eastside), #17(AHS), #19(USM)
Defense - #14(AHS), #13(AHS), #33(AHS)
Goalie - #1(AHS)
Back to top Go down
Umich2KM
Freshman
Freshman
Umich2KM

PostSubject: Re: How will the MAYLA play out?   How will the MAYLA play out? EmptyMon Feb 18, 2008 7:14 pm

who does arrowhead return that was a key player last year? and how do u feel ferris is as a player? i remember him but i only recall him and #2 chris zuniga getting in a fight about something lol
Back to top Go down
SiouxLax
All-Conference
All-Conference
SiouxLax

PostSubject: Re: How will the MAYLA play out?   How will the MAYLA play out? EmptyMon Feb 18, 2008 7:54 pm

Everyone Arrowhead is returning is a key player. We never really had any single player that is real "amazing" or anything. The thing that AHS does really well is they play as a team.

Ferris is a solid player, I heard he is going to be playing D this year. Not sure though.
Back to top Go down
Umich2KM
Freshman
Freshman
Umich2KM

PostSubject: Re: How will the MAYLA play out?   How will the MAYLA play out? EmptyMon Feb 18, 2008 8:02 pm

well he is a hitter! what about ur attacks and 1st line middies? do u return all them? *lol im just curious how we (KM) will fare against u guys this year
Back to top Go down
SiouxLax
All-Conference
All-Conference
SiouxLax

PostSubject: Re: How will the MAYLA play out?   How will the MAYLA play out? EmptyMon Feb 18, 2008 8:07 pm

We graduated a total of 4 offensive players. None being a huge loss either. Our offense will basically be the same one you saw last year.
Back to top Go down
Umich2KM
Freshman
Freshman
Umich2KM

PostSubject: Re: How will the MAYLA play out?   How will the MAYLA play out? EmptyTue Feb 19, 2008 12:10 am

who do u think has the best goalie?
best D?
best attacks?
best middies...
so which team is best at each position...
Back to top Go down
SiouxLax
All-Conference
All-Conference
SiouxLax

PostSubject: Re: How will the MAYLA play out?   How will the MAYLA play out? EmptyTue Feb 19, 2008 12:21 am

Just from what I saw last year, my opinions

Best defense - MUHS
Best mids - AHS/MUHS
Best attack - USM
Best goalie - No idea.
Back to top Go down
foxmotox643
Freshman
Freshman
foxmotox643

Number of posts : 52
Registration date : 2007-05-19

PostSubject: Re: How will the MAYLA play out?   How will the MAYLA play out? EmptyTue Feb 19, 2008 12:26 am

They lost one starting attack, which can be filled by a junior who came on strong at the end of the season, first line middies is basically the same minus Anthony of course. We never really had set lines, because what Anthony said earlier we dont have any star player. The lack of experience at long pole both Defense and LPM will really be the only concern to AHS.
Back to top Go down
gfields5
JV
JV
gfields5

Number of posts : 145
Registration date : 2008-03-28

PostSubject: Re: How will the MAYLA play out?   How will the MAYLA play out? EmptySat Mar 29, 2008 2:24 pm

I posted this somewhere else, though I guess it technically belongs here.

MALL '08

Arrowhead: Top 3 in MALL
My Prediction: t#3

Following impressive state championship run in the program’s second year, the Warhawks seem to be in a rebuilding year, though the Arrowhead faithful would argue otherwise. Defensively, Arrowhead loses the entirety of their back line along with stellar goalie Schweitzer (not positive about spelling). Despite huge losses due to graduation, the Warhawks return a large amount of their offense in Ferris and DIII recruit Austin Grimes. Grimes is a big middie that uses his size and strength to get quality opportunities from up top.

Brookfield: Bottom of MALL
My Prediction: #7

Consistently one of the weaker teams in conference, Brookfield looks to finally break through. Senior attackman Parker Hollowell heads up the offense in his final year.

Eastside: Top 3 in MALL
My Prediction: t#3

While historically not considered one of the better teams in Milwaukee, Eastside has turned it around in the past years. Star midfielder Joe Botticelli is one of if not the best midfielder in the state. Along with Botticelli, Eastside returns Kyle Franzen, an underrated middie who has a big shot from the outside, and their all-conference LSM.

Kettle Moraine: Top 4 in MALL
My Prediction: #2

In it’s inaugural season, KM proved to Wisconsin that they could play. In 2008, the lazers seem to be one of the top dark horse teams in the state. KM returns almost the entirety of varsity team, included Zach Nichols, an attackman that will play DI lacrosse for Detroit Mercy next year.

Marquette: Top 4 in MALL
My Prediction: #1

Following a disappointing 2007 season, the more seasoned Hilltoppers look to make an impact in 08. Fortunately for Marquette, they return all but one of their attackmen, including talented sophomore Sean Gebhard. At the midfield, the Hilltoppers return all of their top three midfield lines, including leading scorer Tom Casper. Defensively, senior LSM Garrett Fields returns to lead an experienced back line.

Northshore: Bottom of the MALL
My Prediction: #6

Not gunna lie, I don’t know much about the Northshore this year. They lose a lot to graduation, including their top attackman Andy Krikelas, so expect Northshore to be on a rebuilding year.

USM: Middle of the MALL
My Prediction: #5

A big, brutal team full of football players it seems. USchool returns a strong core at the midfield, including DIII football recruit Pat Downey that has the size to plow through defenders and the stick skills to back it up (hopefully he can stay out of the box) along with all-conference players Sam Kreig and Pat McMinn.

Top picks: Arrowhead, Eastside, KM, and Marquette

Now I know that a lot of people might disagree with my predictions, and obviously I am a little biased coming from Marquette, so we will just have to see how things turn out this year.

Last edited by gfields5 on Sat Mar 29, 2008 3:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
krks34
JV
JV
krks34

Number of posts : 184
Registration date : 2007-05-16

PostSubject: Re: How will the MAYLA play out?   How will the MAYLA play out? EmptySat Mar 29, 2008 2:36 pm

you destroyed my last name, krikelas. and i play attack. Other than that I would put arrowhead 2nd and KM tied for 3rd.
Back to top Go down
gfields5
JV
JV
gfields5

Number of posts : 145
Registration date : 2008-03-28

PostSubject: Re: How will the MAYLA play out?   How will the MAYLA play out? EmptySat Mar 29, 2008 3:25 pm

Sorry about that Andy. I had absolutely no idea how to spell your name (actually, I'm amazed that I was as close as I was!).

Though I can understand the thoughts about Arrowhead, especially after they won state last year; however, don't be surprised if KM makes a run at the MALL title and upsets some teams this year. Their style and senior laden team in just their second year reminds me a lot of Arrowhead's team last year, though obviously they lack some of Arrowhead's defensive talent they had last year with Casey Clark and especially Schweitzer in goal.
Back to top Go down
Umich2KM
Freshman
Freshman
Umich2KM

PostSubject: Re: How will the MAYLA play out?   How will the MAYLA play out? EmptySat Mar 29, 2008 5:55 pm

KM has a much different D this year, they graduated a few players and last years goalie *Ben Gardner* will be playing D, he moved to goalie last year due to an injury to the original goalie who is back this year (and healthy.) The D is athletic and fast, but not as big as one might hope. KM has acouple stand out attack/middies Ryan Chmill at middie, along with zach nicols at attack. Cody mertons (A junior) could be a surprise for he was one of the best middies on JV last year, along with Luke Nelson and Alex Hansen who both played attack at the JV level last year (they are also juniors now and both had 26+ goals last year on JV.) so they could be productive for KM. I understand Varsity and JV are two different ball games but scoring 54 goals between the two of them will amount to quite a few at the varsity level. KM also has much more confidence this year, where the entire game isnt new to them and they feel that they can be good... but the question is how good? The main thing holding them back from last year was team chemistry if they can get that down this year they could contend for the top spot in the conf. But as of right now i would put them at either 2nd or 3rd behind Arrowhead or maybe Marquette, and I have eastside rounding out the top 4.
Back to top Go down
wiMiddie
Freshman
Freshman

Number of posts : 59
Registration date : 2008-03-16

PostSubject: Re: How will the MAYLA play out?   How will the MAYLA play out? EmptySat Mar 29, 2008 9:34 pm

I have a feeling there will be quite a few upsets this year.
Back to top Go down
SiouxLax
All-Conference
All-Conference
SiouxLax

PostSubject: Re: How will the MAYLA play out?   How will the MAYLA play out? EmptySat Mar 29, 2008 9:42 pm

wiMiddie wrote:
I have a feeling there will be quite a few upsets this year.

Ok...like who?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How will the MAYLA play out?   How will the MAYLA play out? Empty

Back to top Go down

How will the MAYLA play out?
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next