Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

NCAA Division I Lacrosse Discussion

Go down 
+6
SiouxLax
Nate
RiDE
MUHS #30
KevinBice
thedamnedfan
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
thedamnedfan
All-Conference
All-Conference
thedamnedfan

Number of posts : 799
Registration date : 2007-05-11

NCAA Division I Lacrosse Discussion Empty
PostSubject: NCAA Division I Lacrosse Discussion   NCAA Division I Lacrosse Discussion EmptySun Mar 09, 2008 5:31 pm

Well, so far it looks like its going to be a very similar championship weekend as the last was. Duke and JHU stand high above almost everyone, Virginia coming in behind, but with a very new midfield made up of alot of freshmen.

Duke could quite possibly take the championship the next two years with how they are playing now and with their extra year for players affected by the 'Duke Scandal.'
Back to top Go down
KevinBice
Freshman
Freshman
KevinBice

Number of posts : 70
Registration date : 2007-05-29

PostSubject: Re: NCAA Division I Lacrosse Discussion   NCAA Division I Lacrosse Discussion EmptySun Mar 09, 2008 7:04 pm

Quite honestly, I have no idea why Duke wasn't ranked 1st in the early season poll above Hopkins. Hopkins returns a good team, including Rabil, but lost Schwartzman and has had a rough time replacing goalies in the past. Plus, Duke lost no one of consequence from their team last year except Loftus, who wasn't all that great in the first place imho. They returned Danowski (who could lift almost any team to a top-10 contender), Greer (one of the best finishers the game has seen), Quinzani (expected to have a breakout season this year as a sophomore, came out of HS having broken nearly every offensive record there was to break), Crotty (again, overrated, but still pretty good) and a slew of other solid midfielders.

UVa looked good but their goalie is a freshman and still isn't ready to play at this level, and will probably limit how far they can go in the postseason. Outside of Hop, Duke and UVa, the only other team with a legitimate shot appears to be Cornell, but I've not even seen them play this year so far.
Back to top Go down
http://www.minnesotalacrosse.org
thedamnedfan
All-Conference
All-Conference
thedamnedfan

PostSubject: Re: NCAA Division I Lacrosse Discussion   NCAA Division I Lacrosse Discussion EmptySun Mar 09, 2008 10:42 pm

KevinBice wrote:
Plus, Duke lost no one of consequence from their team last year except Loftus, who wasn't all that great in the first place imho.

I think Loftus is still their goalie, isnt he?
Back to top Go down
MUHS #30
JV
JV
MUHS #30

Number of posts : 216

PostSubject: Re: NCAA Division I Lacrosse Discussion   NCAA Division I Lacrosse Discussion EmptySun Mar 09, 2008 11:12 pm

yessir. and duke should have been number 1, but thats life. besides they are now. im looking at delaware and notre dame to crash the tourny this year, but who knows. SU & UVA are looking strong, so is UNC. who knows
Back to top Go down
RiDE
Varsity
Varsity
RiDE

Number of posts : 448

PostSubject: Re: NCAA Division I Lacrosse Discussion   NCAA Division I Lacrosse Discussion EmptyMon Mar 10, 2008 9:26 pm

yea i havent watched any Syracuse games, are they back(/are they going to be back) to former glory, or dismal like last season?
Back to top Go down
Nate
All-Conference
All-Conference
Nate

Number of posts : 570
Registration date : 2007-05-12

PostSubject: Re: NCAA Division I Lacrosse Discussion   NCAA Division I Lacrosse Discussion EmptyMon Mar 10, 2008 10:54 pm

SU will be better than they were last year that's for sure.
Duke should be number 1
Hopkins should be number 2

I can see Duke and UVA in the finals. Hopefully I can make it to the NCAA championships..
Back to top Go down
http://www.stoughtonlacrosse.com
SiouxLax
All-Conference
All-Conference
SiouxLax

Number of posts : 830

PostSubject: Re: NCAA Division I Lacrosse Discussion   NCAA Division I Lacrosse Discussion EmptyWed Mar 12, 2008 1:00 am

Anyone going to the tourny this year? I know me and a few buddies are heading out there.
Back to top Go down
http://www.undlacrosse.com
thedamnedfan
All-Conference
All-Conference
thedamnedfan

PostSubject: Re: NCAA Division I Lacrosse Discussion   NCAA Division I Lacrosse Discussion EmptyWed Mar 12, 2008 1:45 am

Im trying to get to be able to go.

Might be going with my coach and have field/ press passes, that is if he comes through and decides to bring me.
Back to top Go down
SiouxLax
All-Conference
All-Conference
SiouxLax

PostSubject: Re: NCAA Division I Lacrosse Discussion   NCAA Division I Lacrosse Discussion EmptyWed Mar 12, 2008 10:45 am

Nice, that'd be sweet. I just figure $80 for 3 days and 9 games, doesn't get any better than that.
Back to top Go down
JordanEC23
Varsity
Varsity
JordanEC23

Number of posts : 301
Registration date : 2007-05-13

PostSubject: Re: NCAA Division I Lacrosse Discussion   NCAA Division I Lacrosse Discussion EmptyWed Mar 12, 2008 11:27 am

AHSlax21 wrote:
Anyone going to the tourny this year? I know me and a few buddies are heading out there.
Yeah, I'm heading out there with my Dad again this year, I love it because people actually care about lacrosse out there, haha.
Back to top Go down
Jack
Admin
Jack

Number of posts : 741

PostSubject: Re: NCAA Division I Lacrosse Discussion   NCAA Division I Lacrosse Discussion EmptyWed Mar 12, 2008 12:39 pm

AHSlax21 wrote:
Nice, that'd be sweet. I just figure $80 for 3 days and 9 games, doesn't get any better than that.

its 5 games

D1 Semis Saturday (2 games)
D2 Championsihp Sunday
D3 Championship Sunday
D1 Championship Monday
Back to top Go down
http://www.wisconsinlax.aforumfree.com
SiouxLax
All-Conference
All-Conference
SiouxLax

PostSubject: Re: NCAA Division I Lacrosse Discussion   NCAA Division I Lacrosse Discussion EmptyWed Mar 12, 2008 2:42 pm

glad i can read things before i post, ha
Back to top Go down
JordanEC23
Varsity
Varsity
JordanEC23

PostSubject: Re: NCAA Division I Lacrosse Discussion   NCAA Division I Lacrosse Discussion EmptyThu Mar 13, 2008 10:32 pm

Quick question, did most of the Duke starters not get time against Presbyterian, seeing as how Quinzani, Greer, Danowski, Ross, Crotty, etc. had no points?
Back to top Go down
SiouxLax
All-Conference
All-Conference
SiouxLax

PostSubject: Re: NCAA Division I Lacrosse Discussion   NCAA Division I Lacrosse Discussion EmptyThu Mar 13, 2008 10:52 pm

They didn't play any starters from what my friend told me.
Back to top Go down
thedamnedfan
All-Conference
All-Conference
thedamnedfan

PostSubject: Re: NCAA Division I Lacrosse Discussion   NCAA Division I Lacrosse Discussion EmptyFri Mar 14, 2008 1:39 am

I was bummed, they didn't have any issue with running Loyola into the ground with 21 - 8.
Back to top Go down
JordanEC23
Varsity
Varsity
JordanEC23

PostSubject: Re: NCAA Division I Lacrosse Discussion   NCAA Division I Lacrosse Discussion EmptyFri Mar 14, 2008 9:09 am

thedamnedfan wrote:
I was bummed, they didn't have any issue with running Loyola into the ground with 21 - 8.

Yeah, but after Loyola they played Presbyterian. After Presbyterian they play UNC this weekend, who is looking pretty good so far.
Back to top Go down
thedamnedfan
All-Conference
All-Conference
thedamnedfan

PostSubject: Re: NCAA Division I Lacrosse Discussion   NCAA Division I Lacrosse Discussion EmptyFri Mar 14, 2008 9:13 am

Well it was nice of them to have other people play rather than the usual, and still lay down a solid win.
Back to top Go down
JordanEC23
Varsity
Varsity
JordanEC23

PostSubject: Re: NCAA Division I Lacrosse Discussion   NCAA Division I Lacrosse Discussion EmptySat Mar 15, 2008 7:29 pm

Wow, Duke beat UNC 19-9, I really wish that one would've been on ESPNU today. Duke once again proves they are the team to beat this year.

Hopkins dropped another to Syracuse today. The game went into OT, very well played by 'Cuse. I'm thinking I'm gonna drop Hopkins down into the ranks with UVA, 'Cuse, and UNC. Neither of those three teams have raised above the rest and Hopkins has dropped from the Duke level down to join them, in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
JordanEC23
Varsity
Varsity
JordanEC23

PostSubject: Re: NCAA Division I Lacrosse Discussion   NCAA Division I Lacrosse Discussion EmptyTue Mar 18, 2008 11:53 pm

To further prove Duke's total awesomeness... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mitHASAOddc
Back to top Go down
thedamnedfan
All-Conference
All-Conference
thedamnedfan

PostSubject: Re: NCAA Division I Lacrosse Discussion   NCAA Division I Lacrosse Discussion EmptyWed Mar 19, 2008 2:33 am

I think that beats Danowskis around the world goal 3 weeks ago.
Back to top Go down
northshorelax37
Freshman
Freshman
northshorelax37

Number of posts : 68

PostSubject: Re: NCAA Division I Lacrosse Discussion   NCAA Division I Lacrosse Discussion EmptyWed Mar 19, 2008 4:45 pm

i cant wait to go see Duke play Harvard during spring break. they should annihilate them. should be a lot of fun
Back to top Go down
bigpattyboy36
All-Conference
All-Conference
bigpattyboy36

Number of posts : 579

PostSubject: Re: NCAA Division I Lacrosse Discussion   NCAA Division I Lacrosse Discussion EmptyMon Mar 24, 2008 11:33 pm

polls for this week are in.... duke is down to #3,,,, UVA in 1st and 'cuse in 2nd.

http://www.laxpower.com/polls/MD1Poll-2008-0324.php
Back to top Go down
JordanEC23
Varsity
Varsity
JordanEC23

PostSubject: Re: NCAA Division I Lacrosse Discussion   NCAA Division I Lacrosse Discussion EmptyTue Mar 25, 2008 12:19 am

That's just Laxpower's forum polls. The actual Nike/IL Media Poll has Duke and Syracuse tied for 2nd.
Back to top Go down
thedamnedfan
All-Conference
All-Conference
thedamnedfan

PostSubject: Re: NCAA Division I Lacrosse Discussion   NCAA Division I Lacrosse Discussion EmptyTue Mar 25, 2008 1:28 am

The next couple weeks will really define number one, two and three. Duke hasn't played alot of top 10 yet other than G-Town and UNC. If they can knock of another few win's they should take 2nd, and UVA v. Duke game will be set up to reset #1 and #2.
Back to top Go down
SiouxLax
All-Conference
All-Conference
SiouxLax

PostSubject: Re: NCAA Division I Lacrosse Discussion   NCAA Division I Lacrosse Discussion EmptyTue Mar 25, 2008 1:29 am

I think Duke is better than 'cuse...Duke just had an off day.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: NCAA Division I Lacrosse Discussion   NCAA Division I Lacrosse Discussion Empty

Back to top Go down

NCAA Division I Lacrosse Discussion
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next