Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Minnesota vs. Marquette

Go down 
+11
Butters
veronalax33
V-townLax19
Nate
thedamnedfan
KevinBice
bigpattyboy36
Jaron
Gopherlax9
SiouxLax
DwinsChamps
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
bigpattyboy36
All-Conference
All-Conference
bigpattyboy36

Number of posts : 579
Registration date : 2007-05-12

Minnesota vs. Marquette - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Minnesota vs. Marquette   Minnesota vs. Marquette - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 02, 2008 11:33 am

Jack wrote:

Just let Tom Crean apologize for you!!! Smile Smile

yea... about that.....
Back to top Go down
DwinsChamps
Varsity
Varsity
DwinsChamps

Number of posts : 335
Registration date : 2007-05-14

PostSubject: Re: Minnesota vs. Marquette   Minnesota vs. Marquette - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 05, 2008 7:26 pm

Minnesota - 21
Marquette - 7

'Quette converted several man-up attempts. Sid Flanders was a co-ref.

Thanks for hosting, good luck this season.
Back to top Go down
bigpattyboy36
All-Conference
All-Conference
bigpattyboy36

PostSubject: Re: Minnesota vs. Marquette   Minnesota vs. Marquette - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 05, 2008 7:44 pm

DwinsChamps wrote:
Minnesota - 21
Marquette - 7

'Quette converted several man-up attempts. Sid Flanders was a co-ref.

Thanks for hosting, good luck this season.

good game 'sota, i had fun. Good luck to you as well.
Back to top Go down
thedamnedfan
All-Conference
All-Conference
thedamnedfan

Number of posts : 799
Registration date : 2007-05-11

PostSubject: Re: Minnesota vs. Marquette   Minnesota vs. Marquette - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 06, 2008 12:05 am

So Marquette lost because of Sid Flanders... because everyone, no matter who you are and how bad you loose, you loose because of Sid Flanders.
Back to top Go down
MUHS #30
JV
JV
MUHS #30

Number of posts : 216

PostSubject: Re: Minnesota vs. Marquette   Minnesota vs. Marquette - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 06, 2008 12:26 am

thedamnedfan wrote:
So Marquette lost because of Sid Flanders... because everyone, no matter who you are and how bad you loose, you loose because of Sid Flanders.

I guess you can put it like that. Actually i thought that the bad calls went both ways evenly. oh well, it was a good game.
Back to top Go down
bigpattyboy36
All-Conference
All-Conference
bigpattyboy36

PostSubject: Re: Minnesota vs. Marquette   Minnesota vs. Marquette - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 06, 2008 12:27 am

thedamnedfan wrote:

normally i wouldnt have a problem with blaming a game on the reffs, but MU came out real flat and almost scared. we were all exhausted by the 2nd half and let's face it, minnesota is just a bit intimidating(you guys were the biggest team, both size-wise and depth-wise, since we played georgia tech).

PS - the reffs this weekend were just flat out terrible. we got a call on friday night for "illegal touching" because we scored a goal 2 feet infront of an open net. i was not impressed.

PSS- good game 'sota, hopefully we will see eachother in the conf. tournament.
Back to top Go down
AHSlax21jr
Freshman
Freshman
AHSlax21jr

Number of posts : 52
Registration date : 2008-04-03

PostSubject: Re: Minnesota vs. Marquette   Minnesota vs. Marquette - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 07, 2008 1:25 am

i was confused while watching this game because you guys use the ncaa rules right? So that means when there's an illegal precidure on a faceoff the man has to go to the box allowing a fast break? i saw several times where the man did not go to the box and the refs (Sid) did nothing about it? I also heard the marquette coach yelling about it too.
Back to top Go down
MUHS #30
JV
JV
MUHS #30

Number of posts : 216

PostSubject: Re: Minnesota vs. Marquette   Minnesota vs. Marquette - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 07, 2008 2:25 am

AHSlax21jr wrote:
i was confused while watching this game because you guys use the ncaa rules right? So that means when there's an illegal precidure on a faceoff the man has to go to the box allowing a fast break? i saw several times where the man did not go to the box and the refs (Sid) did nothing about it? I also heard the marquette coach yelling about it too.

yeah. i noticed that too. although i did think i saw it during the mu-uwsp game. go figure
Back to top Go down
bigpattyboy36
All-Conference
All-Conference
bigpattyboy36

PostSubject: Re: Minnesota vs. Marquette   Minnesota vs. Marquette - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 07, 2008 9:12 am

AHSlax21jr wrote:

it happens. i'm not sure how the rule works, but the reffs didnt fully understand it either.
Back to top Go down
DwinsChamps
Varsity
Varsity
DwinsChamps

PostSubject: Re: Minnesota vs. Marquette   Minnesota vs. Marquette - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 07, 2008 10:27 am

Whomever causes the illegal procedure must run off the field and sub-out. The other face-off man can immediately pick up the ball and advance it, as soon as the violation occurs.

I'm sure Sid struggled with this new rule, considering just two short years ago he penalized our Badger State Games team because we were using an LSM.
Back to top Go down
Jaron
Admin
Jaron

Number of posts : 480

PostSubject: Re: Minnesota vs. Marquette   Minnesota vs. Marquette - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 07, 2008 10:41 am

It is absolutely unacceptable for an official to not understand, or enforce this rule. My High School kids know it.

Basically like Dwins said, if a faceoff man has a procedure called against him (Jumping before the whistle is more then likely the call) then he has to get off, and there is a quick whistle going the other way.
Back to top Go down
SiouxLax
All-Conference
All-Conference
SiouxLax

Number of posts : 830

PostSubject: Re: Minnesota vs. Marquette   Minnesota vs. Marquette - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 07, 2008 11:59 am

Right, I have even seen in a NCAA game where the ref will hold the person that the procedure is against until the other guy has the ball, although I have only seen this when the ball had gotten kicked or something to a point where it would have taken the same time to get the ball and start play as it would have for the FO man to get off the field.
Back to top Go down
http://www.undlacrosse.com
Butters
Varsity
Varsity

Number of posts : 352
Registration date : 2007-09-15

PostSubject: Re: Minnesota vs. Marquette   Minnesota vs. Marquette - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 07, 2008 2:27 pm

Even GLLL refs know this rule... Sid is a joke, the fact that anyone still allows him to ref games is beyond me. Although in GLLL we were told only the face off guy subs, doesn't matter if a wingman violates the face off man still runs out. Same in NCAA? I'm too lazy to look in to it.
Back to top Go down
SiouxLax
All-Conference
All-Conference
SiouxLax

Number of posts : 830

PostSubject: Re: Minnesota vs. Marquette   Minnesota vs. Marquette - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 07, 2008 2:47 pm

I think that's how it works, but I have only seen the actual FO guy get the procedure call.
Back to top Go down
http://www.undlacrosse.com
DwinsChamps
Varsity
Varsity
DwinsChamps

PostSubject: Re: Minnesota vs. Marquette   Minnesota vs. Marquette - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 07, 2008 3:38 pm

Whitewater_Lacrosse wrote:
Even GLLL refs know this rule... Sid is a joke, the fact that anyone still allows him to ref games is beyond me. Although in GLLL we were told only the face off guy subs, doesn't matter if a wingman violates the face off man still runs out. Same in NCAA? I'm too lazy to look in to it.

Same in the NCAA, indeed.
Back to top Go down
KevinBice
Freshman
Freshman
KevinBice

Number of posts : 70
Registration date : 2007-05-29

PostSubject: Re: Minnesota vs. Marquette   Minnesota vs. Marquette - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 07, 2008 9:53 pm

The reason for the confusion with the face-off calls was this: All of our infractions came after the whistle. If there is an infraction before the whistle has blown, then the player must leave the field. The problem was that we were getting called for kicking the cross, withholding, etc fouls after the face-off had begun.

I also might mention that the consistency on face-off calls in this game was nonexistent. We have been taking face-offs the same way all season long and have never been called for more than one or two per game. In the Marquette game, I don't think there were more than 3 or 4 clean face-offs all game. Did all 3 of our FOGO's suddenly start cheating on face-offs? I think not... I wish Sid & crew would have let us play some lacrosse, instead of 60 minutes of man-up / man-down.
Back to top Go down
http://www.minnesotalacrosse.org
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Minnesota vs. Marquette   Minnesota vs. Marquette - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Minnesota vs. Marquette
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2