Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Week of 4/20

Go down 
+34
timpone!
CrownLaxer
Jaron
thecorster1234
Coach_Goldberg
Lefty019
thedamnedfan
Hugo43
JordanEC23
mkexlax
Ron Mexico
Brenzi
Lax11
flow936
AHSlax21jr
Jack
foxmotox643
Butters
krks34
Hummel18
Milw > Mad
Coach Z
Guru
Neenahlax2
The Big Dipper
relicdavis
wiMiddie
bigpattyboy36
laxmehard
SiouxLax
WausauLax49
Nate
gfields5
ahslax36
38 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Butters
Varsity
Varsity

Number of posts : 352
Registration date : 2007-09-15

Week of 4/20 - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Week of 4/20   Week of 4/20 - Page 5 EmptyFri Apr 25, 2008 1:53 pm

Well considering when reffing last year, the Stoughton team in it's entirety, other than Tony, was extremely rude, unknowledgeable, and arrogant. Yes everyone, coaches included. So you're welcome, maybe after being spanked around this year you guys will take not and not be so arrogant.
Back to top Go down
Jaron
Admin
Jaron

Number of posts : 480
Registration date : 2007-05-11

PostSubject: Re: Week of 4/20   Week of 4/20 - Page 5 EmptyFri Apr 25, 2008 1:59 pm

Keep the talk fact based. Its O.K to have a little heat, but I won't let this get out of hand. That goes for all parties.
Back to top Go down
thedamnedfan
All-Conference
All-Conference
thedamnedfan

Number of posts : 799

PostSubject: Re: Week of 4/20   Week of 4/20 - Page 5 EmptyFri Apr 25, 2008 2:56 pm

Butters wrote:
Well considering when reffing last year, the Stoughton team in it's entirety, other than Tony, was extremely rude, unknowledgeable, and arrogant. Yes everyone, coaches included. So you're welcome, maybe after being spanked around this year you guys will take not and not be so arrogant.

Stuff like tends to happen when your being coached by coaches who have never played or coached lacrosse before. I would hope their attitudes are getting a little better, but I havnt been around to see them, so yeah. Most of the seniors last year were fine, ones who had been with Stoughton from the begining, but 4 vets cant control the attitude of the whole team, especially when some are arrogant and dont listen.
Back to top Go down
Jack
Admin
Jack

Number of posts : 741

PostSubject: Re: Week of 4/20   Week of 4/20 - Page 5 EmptyFri Apr 25, 2008 3:41 pm

No but it helps when your 'Vet' isn't the one WITH the attitude that needs controlling (nate)
Back to top Go down
http://www.wisconsinlax.aforumfree.com
Nate
All-Conference
All-Conference
Nate

Number of posts : 570
Registration date : 2007-05-12

PostSubject: Re: Week of 4/20   Week of 4/20 - Page 5 EmptyFri Apr 25, 2008 3:58 pm

Having players out does make a difference, but I have not once used it as an excuse. I haven't even used any excuses for our poor play. We have the players to be a great team. But it's hard to win when 3 of those players are injured and just getting back in, and others decide not to show up. When that whole "argument" was going on, we were looking great. every kid was showing up to practice and everybody wanted to play. I don't know the change of heart with half of our team. I just wish I knew how to get everybody's heads back in the game..

and Jack.. it would help to know somebody before you make assumptions.

and Butters.. i'm not trying to start anything with this statement so don't take it like I am. But Eric is far from being a class act
Back to top Go down
http://www.stoughtonlacrosse.com
Jack
Admin
Jack

Number of posts : 741

PostSubject: Re: Week of 4/20   Week of 4/20 - Page 5 EmptyFri Apr 25, 2008 4:17 pm

I've seen you play and heard about you playing enough DRAW CONCLUSIONS not make assumptions
Back to top Go down
http://www.wisconsinlax.aforumfree.com
relicdavis
Varsity
Varsity
relicdavis

Number of posts : 404
Registration date : 2007-06-30

PostSubject: Re: Week of 4/20   Week of 4/20 - Page 5 EmptyFri Apr 25, 2008 4:40 pm

It is the Stoughton fans too. Like at badger state they were rude to the refs, and then when we face you guys earlier i got hit in arm by a shot, went it, threw it to the ref looked and held my arm, then a stoughton fan called out playing hurt wont get that goal back.
Back to top Go down
http://www.JanesvilleLacrosse.com
SiouxLax
All-Conference
All-Conference
SiouxLax

Number of posts : 830

PostSubject: Re: Week of 4/20   Week of 4/20 - Page 5 EmptyFri Apr 25, 2008 4:42 pm

Hm, thing about that is I could never trash talk a goalie.

1. They have more balls than I do for even stepping in goal.
2. Without one you don't have a team
3. They are crazy.
4. Did I mention they are nuts?
Back to top Go down
http://www.undlacrosse.com
JordanEC23
Varsity
Varsity
JordanEC23

Number of posts : 301
Registration date : 2007-05-13

PostSubject: Re: Week of 4/20   Week of 4/20 - Page 5 EmptyFri Apr 25, 2008 4:44 pm

Yeah Relic, I agree with you on the fan thing for most games I've experienced playing in (with every team). To me, I'm just thankful there are fans there and I take the rude attitude as a sign of their lack of knowledge of the game and their frustration resulting from such. I personally like playing in hostile environments, but I think that's just from playing football where there always were considerable amounts of fans at every game.
Back to top Go down
CrownLaxer
Rookie
Rookie

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2008-04-15

PostSubject: Re: Week of 4/20   Week of 4/20 - Page 5 EmptyFri Apr 25, 2008 4:45 pm

My question to Stoughton is, what is up? Not trying to start anything at all, but 3 of you placed yourself in the top 10 for teams before the season. I don't think that you guys have lived up. I think some kids on your team are good, but some just need to simmer down.
Back to top Go down
relicdavis
Varsity
Varsity
relicdavis

PostSubject: Re: Week of 4/20   Week of 4/20 - Page 5 EmptyFri Apr 25, 2008 4:50 pm

Warriorlax23 wrote:
Yeah Relic, I agree with you on the fan thing for most games I've experienced playing in (with every team). To me, I'm just thankful there are fans there and I take the rude attitude as a sign of their lack of knowledge of the game and their frustration resulting from such. I personally like playing in hostile environments, but I think that's just from playing football where there always were considerable amounts of fans at every game.

But you know what? I played Sun Prairie last night, and yes they spanked us. But you know what they didn't give me any problems. Every single player on there team played well above the required sportsmanship. I mean, i even joked with them. They played a great game, and there fans were fine. Even when a stick got stuck on a SP's player shoulder and he thought he was holding him down to start something after a push from behind, the SP player got up and settle down and didn't say anything.
Back to top Go down
Hugo43
Rookie
Rookie
Hugo43

Number of posts : 42
Registration date : 2007-11-20

PostSubject: Re: Week of 4/20   Week of 4/20 - Page 5 EmptyFri Apr 25, 2008 4:59 pm

i would just like to add that relic had some bomb saves last night, i have never seen a team act so friendly and cool as jainesville did last night, you guys are class acts
Back to top Go down
Butters
Varsity
Varsity

Number of posts : 352
Registration date : 2007-09-15

PostSubject: Re: Week of 4/20   Week of 4/20 - Page 5 EmptyFri Apr 25, 2008 5:36 pm

Psh goalie's aren't nuts. Chicks just dig the bruises, and we're the only ones smart enough to know that.
Back to top Go down
thedamnedfan
All-Conference
All-Conference
thedamnedfan

PostSubject: Re: Week of 4/20   Week of 4/20 - Page 5 EmptyFri Apr 25, 2008 5:51 pm

relicdavis wrote:
It is the Stoughton fans too. Like at badger state they were rude to the refs, and then when we face you guys earlier i got hit in arm by a shot, went it, threw it to the ref looked and held my arm, then a stoughton fan called out playing hurt wont get that goal back.

I dont remember that direct comment, but I do remember there were a few parents that were behaving pretty poorly in the stands. At one point I think I turned around and told a group of our parents to shut up. But yeah, there are some parents I used to hope wouldnt show up at games.
Back to top Go down
relicdavis
Varsity
Varsity
relicdavis

PostSubject: Re: Week of 4/20   Week of 4/20 - Page 5 EmptyFri Apr 25, 2008 7:31 pm

You weren't at the Janesville vs Stoughton game this year. At badger state i was referring to the time you ref almost threw out a mom. After he yelled at the crowd.
Back to top Go down
timpone!
Rookie
Rookie

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2007-06-23

PostSubject: Re: Week of 4/20   Week of 4/20 - Page 5 EmptyFri Apr 25, 2008 7:41 pm

Hugo43 wrote:
i would just like to add that relic had some bomb saves last night, i have never seen a team act so friendly and cool as jainesville did last night, you guys are class acts

Yeah right back at you guys, with about 2 min left in the game the attack guy I was coving (i'm a dpole) started giving us pointers on how to defend better and everything, it was really cool lol
Back to top Go down
tidbits
JV
JV
tidbits

Number of posts : 174
Registration date : 2007-06-01

PostSubject: Re: Week of 4/20   Week of 4/20 - Page 5 EmptyFri Apr 25, 2008 7:47 pm

SiouxLax wrote:
Hm, thing about that is I could never trash talk a goalie.

1. They have more balls than I do for even stepping in goal.
2. Without one you don't have a team
3. They are crazy.
4. Did I mention they are nuts?

another reason not to touch the goalie https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wfPEg9lAonI
Back to top Go down
SiouxLax
All-Conference
All-Conference
SiouxLax

PostSubject: Re: Week of 4/20   Week of 4/20 - Page 5 EmptyFri Apr 25, 2008 7:52 pm

I love that video, although I don't like how the rest of the white team jumped in. If two people have a thing, let them deal with it.

When I took the ref training class, I was taught to let fights go(for legal reasons) if one breaks out. One ref takes the fight, the other takes the benches.
Back to top Go down
Coach_Goldberg
Freshman
Freshman
Coach_Goldberg

Number of posts : 74

PostSubject: Re: Week of 4/20   Week of 4/20 - Page 5 EmptyFri Apr 25, 2008 9:25 pm

Does Stoughton have a youth lacrosse program? I think that that is the answer to the question of why Stoughton isn't living up to their expectations. It is not a coincidence that the top teams in the conference have youth programs. Every year that other programs don't get one will only further divide the play level between the programs with youth lacrosse and those without.
Back to top Go down
AHSlax21jr
Freshman
Freshman
AHSlax21jr

Number of posts : 52
Registration date : 2008-04-03

PostSubject: Re: Week of 4/20   Week of 4/20 - Page 5 EmptyFri Apr 25, 2008 9:39 pm

That video is great.
Back to top Go down
SiouxLax
All-Conference
All-Conference
SiouxLax

PostSubject: Re: Week of 4/20   Week of 4/20 - Page 5 EmptyFri Apr 25, 2008 9:39 pm

Coach_Goldberg wrote:
Does Stoughton have a youth lacrosse program? I think that that is the answer to the question of why Stoughton isn't living up to their expectations. It is not a coincidence that the top teams in the conference have youth programs. Every year that other programs don't get one will only further divide the play level between the programs with youth lacrosse and those without.

I agree completly...Lake Country Youth program(the feeder for AHS) has a 5th/6th grade lacrosse and 7th/8th grade. Last year there were two or three 7th/8th grade teams and one or two 5th/6th grade teams.

If a team doesn't have a youth program, they will soon fall WAY far behind the curve. Think...in 6 years, the seniors of AHS(if they have been playing through the youth programs) will have 8 years experience compared to the 4 of a team with no feeder.
Back to top Go down
AHSlax21jr
Freshman
Freshman
AHSlax21jr

Number of posts : 52
Registration date : 2008-04-03

PostSubject: Re: Week of 4/20   Week of 4/20 - Page 5 EmptyFri Apr 25, 2008 9:59 pm

There was 2 7-8th grade teams last year. There is also 2 this year.
Back to top Go down
thedamnedfan
All-Conference
All-Conference
thedamnedfan

PostSubject: Re: Week of 4/20   Week of 4/20 - Page 5 EmptyFri Apr 25, 2008 11:15 pm

Coach_Goldberg wrote:

Stoughton does infact have a youth program. However they are only in their second year of the program, and did not actually participate in the league last year as the were focusing strictly on building.
Back to top Go down
SiouxLax
All-Conference
All-Conference
SiouxLax

PostSubject: Re: Week of 4/20   Week of 4/20 - Page 5 EmptyFri Apr 25, 2008 11:48 pm

thedamnedfan wrote:
Coach_Goldberg wrote:

Stoughton does infact have a youth program. However they are only in their second year of the program, and did not actually participate in the league last year as the were focusing strictly on building.

Lake Country's(AHS) program is only in it's second year as well.
Back to top Go down
Coach_Goldberg
Freshman
Freshman
Coach_Goldberg

Number of posts : 74

PostSubject: Re: Week of 4/20   Week of 4/20 - Page 5 EmptySat Apr 26, 2008 1:48 am

While I'm glad that Stoughton has a youth program, I don't see them having a team on madlax.org (meaning that their program has no schedule of competition on that website). I'm just saying, now and for the future, programs that don't have youth will struggle to compete. The youth programs are the foundation for WI lacrosse. This is how lacrosse develops. I'm glad to see Verona Orange JV being very competitive and beating our JV. In the past our JV has been dominant based upon pure talent. Now, strategy and coaching has become a factor in the game. This has raised the play to a new level. I forsee a different and more adaptable game of lacrosse for WI. It only excites me as a coach to be able make philosophies and strategies for my team as opposed to just pure tactics for certain players to "win" me the game. Seeing in my neighborhood kids shooting on goals with lacrosse sticks makes me very sentimental as I never would have seen that when I was in high school here. Sorry for going off topic from the results of the week. Just in the spirit of the season, and filled with vicarious feelings...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Week of 4/20   Week of 4/20 - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

Week of 4/20
Page 5 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next