Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

box/street lacrosse in janesville

Go down 
+5
SNCLAX26
St. Michael
bigpattyboy36
Photoguy!
tidbits
9 posters
AuthorMessage
tidbits
JV
JV
tidbits

Number of posts : 174
Registration date : 2007-06-01

box/street lacrosse in janesville Empty
PostSubject: box/street lacrosse in janesville   box/street lacrosse in janesville EmptyMon Aug 11, 2008 5:16 pm

so ross, a guy from our team, and i were throwing around at the tennis courts at palmer park in janesville today and we cam up with an idea. there's an inline hockey rink behind the wall that would be a perfect box location. so if 10 or so people were interested we could probably get some games going.
Back to top Go down
Photoguy!
JV
JV
Photoguy!

Number of posts : 132
Location : Edgerton, on the edge of nowhere, close to somewhere...
Registration date : 2007-06-22

PostSubject: Re: box/street lacrosse in janesville   box/street lacrosse in janesville EmptyMon Aug 11, 2008 7:35 pm

I wish to elaborate on this some more.

The place that is being talked about is Palmer Park in Janesville.

Their Tennis courts have a very nice cement wall to throw against. But behind the tennis courts is also a place that was built to initially have inline hockey. Well it doesn't get used all that much. So we thought why not play box Lacrosse there.

I don't know the extent of what level of contact we would have but because it's blacktop I don't think we want too much hitting. But It's still lacrosse.

We are considering having it on either Saturday or Sunday afternoons while there is still enough light.

I have all the capability and materials for building a pair of box goals but the first thing we are going to need is participation.

We initially thought that at least 10 people coming out to play would be fine. But the more the better as there is enough space to probably play 5 on 5. I don't know if we would go with goalies or with shooter tutors either.

It's just going to mainly be based on who all wants to say yes.

The last thing. If this thing does fly and people do want to play depending on what the cost for netting would be we might have to ask for a small donation of about $5 per player. Not each time just a one time donation.

But right now we just want to get feedback from people who would want to play.

You can be HS or College level players.

But post here if you would be up for it?

Ross
Back to top Go down
http://crossczech.smugmug.com/  This is where you buy the awesom
bigpattyboy36
All-Conference
All-Conference
bigpattyboy36

Number of posts : 579
Registration date : 2007-05-12

PostSubject: Re: box/street lacrosse in janesville   box/street lacrosse in janesville EmptyMon Aug 11, 2008 8:06 pm

if further details can be provided, i might drop in one night if i have off of work...
Back to top Go down
St. Michael
Freshman
Freshman
St. Michael

Number of posts : 57
Registration date : 2007-06-16

PostSubject: Re: box/street lacrosse in janesville   box/street lacrosse in janesville EmptyMon Aug 11, 2008 9:44 pm

im in
Back to top Go down
SNCLAX26
Rookie
Rookie

Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2008-06-12

PostSubject: Re: box/street lacrosse in janesville   box/street lacrosse in janesville EmptyTue Aug 12, 2008 10:31 am

if we did it this week I could do it, but I go back to school saturday
Back to top Go down
Photoguy!
JV
JV
Photoguy!

Number of posts : 132
Location : Edgerton, on the edge of nowhere, close to somewhere...
Registration date : 2007-06-22

PostSubject: Re: box/street lacrosse in janesville   box/street lacrosse in janesville EmptyTue Aug 12, 2008 12:04 pm

This is something that we would want to do on a weekly basis if possible. Like the pick up at U-Bay.

So that's why we wanted to get responses from players first before going ahead and doing it.

Ross
Back to top Go down
http://crossczech.smugmug.com/  This is where you buy the awesom
Lefty019
JV
JV
Lefty019

Number of posts : 147
Registration date : 2007-05-13

PostSubject: Re: box/street lacrosse in janesville   box/street lacrosse in janesville EmptyTue Aug 12, 2008 12:41 pm

This may be difficult to set up now because so many people are going back to school
Back to top Go down
RiDE
Varsity
Varsity
RiDE

Number of posts : 448
Registration date : 2007-05-11

PostSubject: Re: box/street lacrosse in janesville   box/street lacrosse in janesville EmptyTue Aug 12, 2008 4:34 pm

yea im going to school, but you guys in highschool, tell your teammates about it, if i wasnt leaving i would definatly be in
Back to top Go down
MUHS #30
JV
JV
MUHS #30

Number of posts : 216

PostSubject: Re: box/street lacrosse in janesville   box/street lacrosse in janesville EmptyTue Aug 12, 2008 11:04 pm

ill be in as soon as i can start to play again
Back to top Go down
RiDE
Varsity
Varsity
RiDE

Number of posts : 448

PostSubject: Re: box/street lacrosse in janesville   box/street lacrosse in janesville EmptyThu Aug 14, 2008 1:14 pm

if it doesnt really take right now, dont give up on it, cause this is prolly teh worst possible time to be trying something like this, like lefty said, lots of the forum guys are going back to school. it would definatly go in the begining of the summer, no problem.
Back to top Go down
timpone!
Rookie
Rookie

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2007-06-23

PostSubject: Re: box/street lacrosse in janesville   box/street lacrosse in janesville EmptyThu Aug 14, 2008 4:13 pm

Hey darian if you guys do this hit me up sometime. . . I probably can get sid and troy comes home tommarow so
Back to top Go down
tidbits
JV
JV
tidbits

Number of posts : 174
Registration date : 2007-06-01

PostSubject: Re: box/street lacrosse in janesville   box/street lacrosse in janesville EmptyTue Aug 19, 2008 2:46 pm

we have two hockey nets with shooter tutors we can use so if you guys are cool with that we could have a game this weekend
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: box/street lacrosse in janesville   box/street lacrosse in janesville Empty

Back to top Go down

box/street lacrosse in janesville
Page 1 of 1