Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

State Tournament

Go down 
+20
Jack
Coach_Goldberg
DwinsChamps
AHSLAXISBALLIN
foxmotox643
tidbits
GBLax
MUHS #30
bigpattyboy36
snhu21
Jaron
SiouxLax
ahsgoalie1
Nate
AHShockey
HockeyandLax
Hummel18
RiDE
Keeper33
JordanEC23
24 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
The Butt

State Tournament Empty
PostSubject: State Tournament   State Tournament EmptyWed Jun 06, 2007 4:30 pm

Weak move by Milwaukee having Arrowhead host the championship game when they'll most likely be playing in it. But other than that, who is your pick to win it all? Let's have some basis behind what you're saying rather than "Arrowhead's defense is sick." Not bashing Arrowhead, just an example.
Back to top Go down
JordanEC23
Varsity
Varsity
JordanEC23

Number of posts : 301
Registration date : 2007-05-13

State Tournament Empty
PostSubject: Re: State Tournament   State Tournament EmptyWed Jun 06, 2007 4:42 pm

I honestly think SP will beat Marquette tonight because although Marquette is in the top 2 in MAYLA they unfortunately couldn't hang with 3rd in MALA Waunakee, I know there may have been some poor reffing, but it was about a 10 point loss I believe?

I think that Arrowhead will probably win against Wausua, simply because it seems they are the most talked about and respected teams in the state at the moment. Not much of a reason, but I don't know I just have a feeling AHS will win.

AHS vs. SP in the championship, and I'll have to go with AHS with the win. For a couple of reasons, one it's at arrowhead now I guess? Secondly, SP still after all of these years still seems to depend on their goalie bombing it to their attack on clears and from what I've heard Arrowhead has some good longpoles, so sorry, but good longpoles should shut most of those clears down. Also, SP was able to put in some decent goals from what I saw against Middleton, but once again through the grapevine I hear that AHS goalie is arguably one of the best against in the state, and I think SP is going to need to shoot alot better and have some sort of settled offense that has more than one or two passes before going to the goal.

2 Cents
Back to top Go down
Keeper33
JV
JV
Keeper33

Number of posts : 159
Registration date : 2007-05-12

State Tournament Empty
PostSubject: Re: State Tournament   State Tournament EmptyWed Jun 06, 2007 5:07 pm

I'll take SP almost for sure over Marquette but am also hoping Wausau brings their best and takes it to the ship but hey I am partial to the bay Val
Back to top Go down
The Butt

State Tournament Empty
PostSubject: Re: State Tournament   State Tournament EmptyWed Jun 06, 2007 5:12 pm

Personally, Sun Prairie has 0 chance vs Arrowhead. They can't win vs a good goalie. Not trying to pat myself on the back, but Verona sucked last year, but we were able to beat Sun Prairie because no one's a very good shooter, they just play good team ball. But unfortunately a good goalie stops them.
Back to top Go down
RiDE
Varsity
Varsity
RiDE

Number of posts : 448
Registration date : 2007-05-11

State Tournament Empty
PostSubject: Re: State Tournament   State Tournament EmptyWed Jun 06, 2007 7:56 pm

im gunna put my money on SP, from what i saw/heard of arrowhead and sp at bullrush. things may be diffrent now, but its really all i have to go on...
Back to top Go down
Hummel18
Rookie
Rookie

Number of posts : 42
Registration date : 2007-05-15

State Tournament Empty
PostSubject: Re: State Tournament   State Tournament EmptyWed Jun 06, 2007 8:17 pm

If Arrowhead does win state id love to see Middleton and Arrowhead play becasue honeslty Sun Pairie got lucky cuz we played horrible. And every talks about how Arrowhead has the Best defense id love to see how they do agianist an actual good offense.

But hey im taking Arrowhead cuz i hate SP
Back to top Go down
HockeyandLax
Freshman
Freshman
HockeyandLax

Number of posts : 87
Registration date : 2007-05-14

State Tournament Empty
PostSubject: Re: State Tournament   State Tournament EmptyWed Jun 06, 2007 8:22 pm

I just said they have some of the best d after all three of them and goalie were all conference, i dont know why it was changed spots but i think that might help ahs a little bit but i think it will be AHS vs SP in final.
Back to top Go down
The Butt

State Tournament Empty
PostSubject: Re: State Tournament   State Tournament EmptyWed Jun 06, 2007 8:28 pm

Might help AHS a little? They get to play at their own hs, and Sun Prairie has to drive an hour, thats a huge advantage.
Back to top Go down
AHShockey
Rookie
Rookie

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2007-06-06

State Tournament Empty
PostSubject: Re: State Tournament   State Tournament EmptyWed Jun 06, 2007 8:50 pm

Hummel18 wrote:
If Arrowhead does win state id love to see Middleton and Arrowhead play becasue honeslty Sun Pairie got lucky cuz we played horrible. And every talks about how Arrowhead has the Best defense id love to see how they do agianist an actual good offense.

I think waunakee may be classified as a good offense as they scored 14 on middleton, a top team, and only got 5 on arrowhead. Also held andover to very close game. aside from that, think SP and Ahs will meet in final and have a pretty close game.
Back to top Go down
Nate
All-Conference
All-Conference
Nate

Number of posts : 570

State Tournament Empty
PostSubject: Re: State Tournament   State Tournament EmptyWed Jun 06, 2007 9:29 pm

Sun Prairie 10 or 11 Marquette 7.. went for the last quarter. Marquette had a few opprotunities(sp) and didn't capatalize. The were down 10-5 with maybe 7 or so minutes left in the game and scored 2 within a minute or two. They're better than I thought they would have been.
Back to top Go down
http://www.stoughtonlacrosse.com
ahsgoalie1
Rookie
Rookie

Number of posts : 24

State Tournament Empty
PostSubject: Re: State Tournament   State Tournament EmptyWed Jun 06, 2007 9:30 pm

just wanted to say that moving the state championship to our high school was not a move performed by the team...it was done by robin buckley head of the milwaukee conference and arrowhead was just the high school he went to...whether he did it intentionally or not i don't know but thats just how it played out...arrowhead had the space and the resources to do it and brookfield central didn't but i just wanted to make it claer that this was not just some stunt pulled by the arrowhead parents or anything...just wanted to clear the air on that one...and i also i think we can all agree that no matter who makes it to the ship its gonna be a badass game cause the four teams that our left have earned it
Back to top Go down
SiouxLax
All-Conference
All-Conference
SiouxLax

Number of posts : 830

State Tournament Empty
PostSubject: Re: State Tournament   State Tournament EmptyWed Jun 06, 2007 9:31 pm

The reason the location got switched is because the original location(Brookfield Central) decided to let us know 2 days ago that they wouldnt have the original 4 fields they said they would have...they also were being very difficult with other things dealing with the games. So with such short notice AHS was the only place that is able to have that many games/have a good field(AHS soccer stadium).
Back to top Go down
http://www.undlacrosse.com
The Butt

State Tournament Empty
PostSubject: Re: State Tournament   State Tournament EmptyWed Jun 06, 2007 9:34 pm

Don't worry I don't fault Arrowhead, I'm sure we all know who is really at fault.
Back to top Go down
Jaron
Admin
Jaron

Number of posts : 480

State Tournament Empty
PostSubject: Re: State Tournament   State Tournament EmptyWed Jun 06, 2007 10:11 pm

AHShockey wrote:
Hummel18 wrote:
If Arrowhead does win state id love to see Middleton and Arrowhead play becasue honeslty Sun Pairie got lucky cuz we played horrible. And every talks about how Arrowhead has the Best defense id love to see how they do agianist an actualgood offense.

I think waunakee may be classified as a good offense as they scored 14 on middleton, a top team, and only got 5 on arrowhead. Also held andover to very close game. aside from that, think SP and Ahs will meet in final and have a pretty close game.

Lets just be honest when we say Defense is not the pride of Middleton this year, so I dont think scoring 14 goals on them is such a huge accomplishment. Holding them to 6 goals, like SP did is a big accomplishment.

Although Waunakee did have what is likely their best season is program history this year, so I give you guys credit for that.
Back to top Go down
SiouxLax
All-Conference
All-Conference
SiouxLax

Number of posts : 830

State Tournament Empty
PostSubject: Re: State Tournament   State Tournament EmptyWed Jun 06, 2007 10:18 pm

Middleton=high scoring/aggresive offense
AHS=good defense

Middleton vs. AHS = VERY good game

This is my opinion...
Back to top Go down
http://www.undlacrosse.com
snhu21
Freshman
Freshman
snhu21

Number of posts : 54

State Tournament Empty
PostSubject: Re: State Tournament   State Tournament EmptyWed Jun 06, 2007 10:40 pm

OK HUMMELL U GUYS MUST OF HAD A BAD GAME THE FIRST TIME WE PLAYED U TOO RIGHT...... I MEAN SP IS JUST BETTER THAN MIDDLETON FACE IT
Back to top Go down
HockeyandLax
Freshman
Freshman
HockeyandLax

Number of posts : 87

State Tournament Empty
PostSubject: Re: State Tournament   State Tournament EmptyWed Jun 06, 2007 10:42 pm

Last edited by on Sun Jun 10, 2007 4:27 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
bigpattyboy36
All-Conference
All-Conference
bigpattyboy36

Number of posts : 579

State Tournament Empty
PostSubject: Re: State Tournament   State Tournament EmptyWed Jun 06, 2007 10:44 pm

official score was 10-7 from SunPrairie vs. Marquette.

I really wanted to get more time on the field but coach just didnt think i was needed(or i just suck tongue ). marquette had every little chance in the world to win this game but failed to capitalize on the more than 12 minutes that sunprairie was man-down. they were probably about 40% or so if you figure in all the numbers on man-up situations, but they should have been about 80 or 90 with the way that SP's defense was moving. it was botched pass after botched pass for marquette, and we all know that you need to catch the ball before you can shoot or redirect.

SP had a lot of questionable sticks in my opinion-i dont know how some of those sticks could handle direct pokes/slaps and lifts w/o being too deep or too pinched--but whatever i wont make excuses. marquette had 3 minuets locked in for the start of the 2nd, and the only other stick call was on SP in the middle of the 4th--which ushered in 4 of the penalty minutes marquette was starting to base their comback on... they were only able to muster 2 goals. Sun Prairie's SPECTATORS put one of SP's attackmen in the box for 30 seconds courtesy of our good friend Refferee flanders--the reffs will be even tighter about conduct at the state final.... take this as a warning.

in my personal opinion.... Sun Prairie will have to play OUT OF THEIR MINDS to beat AHS(confirmed state finalist?)... SP is good, but i dont think they're THAT good(i've now seen and played against both teams). in my opinion(and i'm trying as hard as i can to keep my pride in check) Marquette was by and large the better of the two teams--not only in knowledge of the game but in stick skills and footwork as well. the problem with Marquette is that they have brief mental lapses and commit careless mistakes that cost them BIG TIME. if you are trying to compare the marquette team that lost to waunakee 16-6 to the team that fell to SP today 10-7, you are looking at two completely different teams.

Best of Luck to Sun Prairie at the State Final. I will be watching from the stands.
Back to top Go down
snhu21
Freshman
Freshman
snhu21

State Tournament Empty
PostSubject: Re: State Tournament   State Tournament EmptyWed Jun 06, 2007 10:52 pm

great game to marquette tonight by the way... good luck saturday against wausa
Back to top Go down
bigpattyboy36
All-Conference
All-Conference
bigpattyboy36

State Tournament Empty
PostSubject: Re: State Tournament   State Tournament EmptyWed Jun 06, 2007 10:56 pm

SPLACROSSE99 wrote:
great game to marquette tonight by the way... good luck saturday against wausa

SP - you boys played a very nice game tonight, especially with the strictest reff in wisconsin on the prowl. i was raggin on you guys a bit last post, but i really have to admire the way you guys take shots... our goalie had no idea those one handers on the crease were coming.

i warned two of your guys as they were leaving the field.... you will have to play out of your minds to beat arrowhead... prepare yourselves well. part of me wants you guys to win, and part of me wants arrowhead to bring the state title to milwaukee.

Best of luck to you. I will be watching.
Back to top Go down
The Butt

State Tournament Empty
PostSubject: Re: State Tournament   State Tournament EmptyWed Jun 06, 2007 10:58 pm

SPLACROSSE99 wrote:
OK HUMMELL U GUYS MUST OF HAD A BAD GAME THE FIRST TIME WE PLAYED U TOO RIGHT...... I MEAN SP IS JUST BETTER THAN MIDDLETON FACE IT

Far from it. Sun Prairie is more consistent, which is why you won. Congratulations for that, you deserved it. But when Middleton's at their best, they may be the best team in the state. Although like I said, you deserved to win, and hopefully you bring the title back to Madison where it belongs. If Sid called a penalty on Sun Prairie for a fan, I would be personally outraged. In no way should a referee of Sid's "caliber" punish a team for an outsider. Was it that team's fault for what that parent said? I think not. Sid is absolutely rediculous, and he wonders why Minnesota doesn't want him to ref there anymore.
Back to top Go down
bigpattyboy36
All-Conference
All-Conference
bigpattyboy36

State Tournament Empty
PostSubject: Re: State Tournament   State Tournament EmptyWed Jun 06, 2007 11:00 pm

The Butters wrote:
SPLACROSSE99 wrote:

Far from it. Sun Prairie is more consistent, which is why you won. Congratulations for that, you deserved it. But when Middleton's at their best, they may be the best team in the state. Although like I said, you deserved to win, and hopefully you bring the title back to Madison where it belongs. If Sid called a penalty on Sun Prairie for a fan, I would be personally outraged. In no way should a referee of Sid's "caliber" punish a team for an outsider. Was it that team's fault for what that parent said? I think not. Sid is absolutely rediculous, and he wonders why Minnesota doesn't want him to ref there anymore.

he justified the penalty by explaining to the coach that the people on the sidelines and the people in the 'stands' were his responsibility and thus, his liability.
Back to top Go down
snhu21
Freshman
Freshman
snhu21

State Tournament Empty
PostSubject: Re: State Tournament   State Tournament EmptyWed Jun 06, 2007 11:04 pm

hes not a ref for the state game is he??
Back to top Go down
JordanEC23
Varsity
Varsity
JordanEC23

Number of posts : 301
Registration date : 2007-05-13

State Tournament Empty
PostSubject: Re: State Tournament   State Tournament EmptyWed Jun 06, 2007 11:07 pm

Good job SP, rep Madison well, not in the CAPITAL LETTERS MEAN ONLINE INTIMIDATION kind of way though, go get em!
Back to top Go down
Jaron
Admin
Jaron

Number of posts : 480

State Tournament Empty
PostSubject: Re: State Tournament   State Tournament EmptyWed Jun 06, 2007 11:09 pm

He always is.

And I dont agree that fans are coaches responsibility..at all. He does not control who comes to the games and who does not, and he has no power to prevent people from coming as well, thus they are not his responsibility.

If this was the case, why wouldnt teams recruit people to go in the stands and pretend to be a fan from the other team and make outlandish comments resulting in penalties?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

State Tournament Empty
PostSubject: Re: State Tournament   State Tournament Empty

Back to top Go down

State Tournament
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next