Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

State Tournament

Go down 
+20
Jack
Coach_Goldberg
DwinsChamps
AHSLAXISBALLIN
foxmotox643
tidbits
GBLax
MUHS #30
bigpattyboy36
snhu21
Jaron
SiouxLax
ahsgoalie1
Nate
AHShockey
HockeyandLax
Hummel18
RiDE
Keeper33
JordanEC23
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
HockeyandLax
Freshman
Freshman
HockeyandLax

Number of posts : 87
Registration date : 2007-05-14

State Tournament - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: State Tournament   State Tournament - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 06, 2007 11:10 pm

The Butters wrote:

hopefully you bring the title back to Madison where it really belongs.

It has yet to be seen where it belongs... but it'll be interesting to see on saturday, when it's actually decided.
Back to top Go down
bigpattyboy36
All-Conference
All-Conference
bigpattyboy36

Number of posts : 579
Registration date : 2007-05-12

PostSubject: Re: State Tournament   State Tournament - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 06, 2007 11:11 pm

splacrosse99 wrote:
hes not a ref for the state game is he??

if milwaukee is hosting, you will most likely get Buchman(buck-mann) and Sid Jones... who in my opinion are two of the better reffs in the state... Sid Flanders(older of the two reffs from tonight) might be watching from the box as he was in the Milwaukee Conference Final--ensuring that the offsides calls are acurrate(sp?)(OVERLY ACCURATE) and that the substitutions are accurate(sp?)(OVERLY ACCURATE). Flanders calls a VERY tight game and he's got enough credentials in the eyes of the Wisconsin Lacrosse Federation to potentially be the head refferee for the state final... i would expect him to be there on saturday regardless of whether he's dressing in stripes or not.

the refferee's are the least of your worries at this point. if i were you SP, i'd be playing wallball until you leave for school in the morning... that's not a knock on your stickskills, you're just going to need to be over-prepared to deal with AHS.
Back to top Go down
bigpattyboy36
All-Conference
All-Conference
bigpattyboy36

PostSubject: Re: State Tournament   State Tournament - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 06, 2007 11:12 pm

HockeyandLax wrote:
The Butters wrote:

hopefully you bring the title back to Madison where it really belongs.

It has yet to be seen where it belongs... but it'll be interesting to see on saturday, when it's actually decided.

then bring it on home--i'll just take a stab in the dark and say that IF ahs were to take the title, it would be the first time the trophy has rested in the hands and halls of a milwaukee team.

Last edited by on Wed Jun 06, 2007 11:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
The Butt

PostSubject: Re: State Tournament   State Tournament - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 06, 2007 11:12 pm

Jaron's right, Sid has once again made up another call. There is no correct justification. How did he know it was a Sun Prairie parent. Did he check every players birth certificate to make sure that they had a kid on the team? Because direct parents would be the only people that a coach could have any sort of control over. And even that instance, is so far fetched, that it would still be rediculous for Sid to make the call. He can kick the fan out, ask the coach to have them be quiet, but never should it be a team's fault for a fan.
Back to top Go down
bigpattyboy36
All-Conference
All-Conference
bigpattyboy36

PostSubject: Re: State Tournament   State Tournament - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 06, 2007 11:14 pm

The Butters wrote:
Jaron's right, Sid has once again made up another call. There is no correct justification. How did he know it was a Sun Prairie parent. Did he check every players birth certificate to make sure that they had a kid on the team? Because direct parents would be the only people that a coach could have any sort of control over. And even that instance, is so far fetched, that it would still be rediculous for Sid to make the call. He can kick the fan out, ask the coach to have them be quiet, but never should it be a team's fault for a fan.

he did make a point to go over and talk to a particular fan in the first quarter(i believe it was Thomas Gebhard {there to support his younger brother}) and it appeared from a distance that he was warning him about making "extraneous" comments. (i totally just make up that word cheers )

Last edited by on Wed Jun 06, 2007 11:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
snhu21
Freshman
Freshman
snhu21

Number of posts : 54
Registration date : 2007-06-06

PostSubject: Re: State Tournament   State Tournament - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 06, 2007 11:15 pm

hopefully SP will bring back the title to madison i think its gonna be a great game though
Back to top Go down
HockeyandLax
Freshman
Freshman
HockeyandLax

PostSubject: Re: State Tournament   State Tournament - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 06, 2007 11:16 pm

True... fans can't be controlled, especially by the team, if the fans are being bad the parents should try to settle them down or if it's the parents being stupid, then there's not much that can be done.
Back to top Go down
MUHS #30
JV
JV
MUHS #30

Number of posts : 216
Registration date : 2007-05-11

PostSubject: Re: State Tournament   State Tournament - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 06, 2007 11:17 pm

for clarification purposes:

The call in question was towards a guy on SP's bench. Thats the coach's responsibility to keep his bench in line.

elephant
Back to top Go down
HockeyandLax
Freshman
Freshman
HockeyandLax

PostSubject: Re: State Tournament   State Tournament - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 06, 2007 11:19 pm

If it was a player on the bench, then the coach and other players should have said something to stop a possible penalty, in this case a sure penalty.
Back to top Go down
bigpattyboy36
All-Conference
All-Conference
bigpattyboy36

PostSubject: Re: State Tournament   State Tournament - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 06, 2007 11:19 pm

MUHS #30 wrote:
for clarification purposes:

The call in question was towards a guy on SP's bench. Thats the coach's responsibility to keep his bench in line.

no it was not, sid clearly stated that the spectators and the bench were the coach's responsibility... i dont know how sid could have heard the bench talking from the other side of the field--oppostite the benches(where he was roaming the entire game)
Back to top Go down
GBLax
Rookie
Rookie
GBLax

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2007-06-04

PostSubject: Re: State Tournament   State Tournament - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 06, 2007 11:25 pm

Quote :
If this was the case, why wouldnt teams recruit people to go in the stands and pretend to be a fan from the other team and make outlandish comments resulting in penalties?

You may have started something.
Back to top Go down
HockeyandLax
Freshman
Freshman
HockeyandLax

PostSubject: Re: State Tournament   State Tournament - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 06, 2007 11:26 pm

Still... a great example of fans not being able to be controlled is when Arrowhead plays Marquette in hockey. A huge rivalry and this year was two great games, but as you marquette guys know what fans at ahs and maybe other schools do. So AHS brang 3 cops to the playoff game against MUHS and still couldnt stop items flying over the boards.
Back to top Go down
Jaron
Admin
Jaron

Number of posts : 480
Registration date : 2007-05-11

PostSubject: Re: State Tournament   State Tournament - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 06, 2007 11:28 pm

If the kid was on the bench, or in the coaching box, he instantly becomes the coaches responsibility. Anyone not on the field, or outside this box, has nothing to do with the coach. He does not own the property, or have any connections, affiliations, liability, or power over anyone else.

If he was in the stands, its the wrong call.
If he was on the bench, it was the right call.
Back to top Go down
The Butt

PostSubject: Re: State Tournament   State Tournament - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 06, 2007 11:32 pm

As bigpatty has stated, he was a spectator. It honestly enrages me to hear that Sid would penalize a spectator who possibly has no affiliation with Sun Prairie. Think if they would have lost because of this, there would be an uproar, and I for one would be petitioning for his removal from his position.
Back to top Go down
bigpattyboy36
All-Conference
All-Conference
bigpattyboy36

PostSubject: Re: State Tournament   State Tournament - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 06, 2007 11:32 pm

HockeyandLax wrote:
Still... a great example of fans not being able to be controlled is when Arrowhead plays Marquette in hockey. A huge rivalry and this year was two great games, but as you marquette guys know what fans at ahs and maybe other schools do. So AHS brang 3 cops to the playoff game against MUHS and still couldnt stop items flying over the boards.

i dont wanna hijack the topic or make it go too far off course, but the homo high cheers and 'reach arounds' and soap on a roap stuff i just getting old... it's not even a 'classic' anymore it's just stupid. w/e i'm not gonna stop you, rant over.
Back to top Go down
JordanEC23
Varsity
Varsity
JordanEC23

Number of posts : 301
Registration date : 2007-05-13

PostSubject: Re: State Tournament   State Tournament - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 06, 2007 11:35 pm

bigpattyboy#3 wrote:
HockeyandLax wrote:

i dont wanna hijack the topic or make it go too far off course, but the homo high cheers and 'reach arounds' and soap on a roap stuff i just getting old... it's not even a 'classic' anymore it's just stupid. w/e i'm not gonna stop you, rant over.

Hm, soap on a rope? I just always thought that was just a part of hockey. lol!

Whatever happens it'll be a good game, when is the AHS wausau game ?
Back to top Go down
HockeyandLax
Freshman
Freshman
HockeyandLax

PostSubject: Re: State Tournament   State Tournament - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 06, 2007 11:39 pm

Tomorrow (Thursday) at 5:30 i believe, at AHS. I dont know for sure if the game is in the soccer stadium or on one of the soccer practice fields like it has usually been. Should still be a good game though.
Back to top Go down
tidbits
JV
JV
tidbits

Number of posts : 174
Registration date : 2007-06-01

PostSubject: Re: State Tournament   State Tournament - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 06, 2007 11:41 pm

HockeyandLax wrote:
We got the same problem in rock county with beloit, more so at their home games. their refs suck,too. this one time one of our players got hit from behind and the beloit player wound up and gave him a 2-hand slash in the neck. ref right there, no call
Back to top Go down
HockeyandLax
Freshman
Freshman
HockeyandLax

PostSubject: Re: State Tournament   State Tournament - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 06, 2007 11:44 pm

squids on the ice is though.

Last edited by on Thu Jun 07, 2007 4:22 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
HockeyandLax
Freshman
Freshman
HockeyandLax

PostSubject: Re: State Tournament   State Tournament - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 06, 2007 11:45 pm

No penalty should have been put for a fan, period. Obviously can't control them even if the coach wanted to.
Back to top Go down
bigpattyboy36
All-Conference
All-Conference
bigpattyboy36

PostSubject: Re: State Tournament   State Tournament - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 06, 2007 11:54 pm

HockeyandLax wrote:
When we played muhs during the season at eble, we warmed up then waited in our lockers for an hour cause only one ref was there, then muhs scored 4 quick on us i believe, we call a timeout and muhs drums over our bench start and fans with togas are banging on our glass, coach's mouth moving but nothing is heard, kinda sucked. Came back but muhs won it ot.

i smell a hockey thread starting at the water cooler.
Back to top Go down
GBLax
Rookie
Rookie
GBLax

PostSubject: Re: State Tournament   State Tournament - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 06, 2007 11:58 pm

soap on a rope. thats what we call are man down. instead of box and a string.
Back to top Go down
The Butt

PostSubject: Re: State Tournament   State Tournament - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 07, 2007 12:04 am

Hmm, what's wrong with box and one?
Back to top Go down
GBLax
Rookie
Rookie
GBLax

PostSubject: Re: State Tournament   State Tournament - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 07, 2007 12:12 am

Kid came up with it and it stuck
Back to top Go down
foxmotox643
Freshman
Freshman
foxmotox643

Number of posts : 52
Registration date : 2007-05-19

PostSubject: Re: State Tournament   State Tournament - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 07, 2007 5:15 pm

AHS Wausau game postponed untill tomarro friday at 530 at ahs
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: State Tournament   State Tournament - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

State Tournament
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next