HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 
 

 All Conference

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
SiouxLax
All-Conference
All-Conference
avatar

Number of posts : 830
Age : 29
Location : Grand Forks, ND
Registration date : 2007-05-11

PostSubject: Re: All Conference   Mon Jun 04, 2007 10:22 pm

kmlax26 wrote:
so there's no second team for the MALL? i thought that there was last year. and also, any idea how two players from a 1-6 team got 1st team?

that's not a direct attack at those two players, but i would just assume that if two 1st team all conference players were on the same team, they would win more than 1 conference game. i mean, look at ahs.

No, last year was just 1st team. They got AC because coaches voted for them.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.undlacrosse.com
s1erra 7i2
Rookie
Rookie
avatar

Number of posts : 44
Location : UW-Stout / Menasha
Registration date : 2007-05-13

PostSubject: Re: All Conference   Tue Jun 05, 2007 12:12 am

GBLax wrote:
Quote :
yah but James Clemens deserves better than honorable mention he was probably our highest or second highest scorer and consistantly drew triple teams (got a lot of assists too).

Butters I played well enough for first team but I didn't get the votes from the coaches

First of all you cant say you played well enough to be first team and be honest. You have been lucky that nobody from the Bay Valley has been on here to call you out. you are just a tall and fat goalie w/ glasses. And get lucky when the ball its your over sized body.

Clemens dose not deserve 2nd team. The kid only has a left hand because he is a lefty take that away he has nothing.

All of SW D-poles did not earn there spots to, Harrison is good and that was correct but who is there 2nd team guy if anything that should have been there little d-man that gets all the ground balls. Notre Dame Defense
was better than SW, they had one real bad game against BP And there two to D-man could have been 1st and 2nd team Sharoder and #27 I think Hammercheck. He got screwed.

Finally, Quit giving your self all these props that you clearly don't deserve.

Congrats on making yourself look foolish.

I don't quite understand how being big and having glasses makes you any less of a goalie.

What team do you play for GBLax... (and did you make AC?)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Butt
Guest



PostSubject: Re: All Conference   Tue Jun 05, 2007 1:05 am

Oh dear how such an innocent comment turned bad. I meant no harm keeper by my comment, I was just making a poke at you for being pretty much the only bay-val guy on here at the time.
Back to top Go down
Keeper33
JV
JV
avatar

Number of posts : 159
Age : 29
Location : UWEC/Bay Port
Registration date : 2007-05-12

PostSubject: Re: All Conference   Tue Jun 05, 2007 11:16 am

congrats on being soooo great GBlax
NDA or Metro? because you are slamming the SW D. I would assume NDA because they would be the most pissed about loosing to BP 3 times in a season as that is the largest rivalry in the Bay Val. Hammercheck wasn't anything special he was solid but not near as strong as Schroeder. clemens has more than a left hand but he generally comes from X on the goalies left therefore he uses his left to shoot (more angle)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Butt
Guest



PostSubject: Re: All Conference   Tue Jun 05, 2007 11:25 am

Keeper33 wrote:
clemens has more than a left hand but he generally comes from X on the goalies left therefore he uses his left to shoot (more angle)
That's no excuse, for not being able play consistently with your offhand. If you can't switch hands as a midfielder or an attackmen you don't deserve to be on any form of all conference.
Back to top Go down
GBLax
Rookie
Rookie
avatar

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2007-06-04

PostSubject: Re: All Conference   Tue Jun 05, 2007 2:37 pm

Quote :
NDA or Metro

Metro. I Went to SW for my Freshman Year then transfered to Preble.
Some of what I said was over the line but some was true.

P.S. the glasses comment did not mean anything, just a little frustrated w/ the Bay Valley for not playing us. My apologizes for overly bashing the BayValley.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Butt
Guest



PostSubject: Re: All Conference   Tue Jun 05, 2007 3:07 pm

Yeah I agree with you, it's total crap the Bay Valley wouldn't let you guys in. This is not the first step they've taken in the direction of stunting the growth of lacrosse, and they have not been able to give a good reason not to play you guys. I hope you guys next year, assuming you're rejected once again by them, come down to Madison. We don't have any silly rules down here and just want teams to play and get better.
Back to top Go down
Keeper33
JV
JV
avatar

Number of posts : 159
Age : 29
Location : UWEC/Bay Port
Registration date : 2007-05-12

PostSubject: Re: All Conference   Tue Jun 05, 2007 5:35 pm

If the players who attend SW or other schools with teams in the conference go back to their school teams or stop playing for metro, metro should be allowed into the conference. plain and simple, couldn't be any more clear cut.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JordanEC23
Varsity
Varsity
avatar

Number of posts : 301
Registration date : 2007-05-13

PostSubject: Re: All Conference   Tue Jun 05, 2007 6:59 pm

What's the reason they play for metro anyways?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SiouxLax
All-Conference
All-Conference
avatar

Number of posts : 830
Age : 29
Location : Grand Forks, ND
Registration date : 2007-05-11

PostSubject: Re: All Conference   Tue Jun 05, 2007 8:03 pm

So they can play with their friends? I dont know...It sucks, but in highschool sports you tend to have to play for your school if your school has a team. I know it's club, but if we want lacrosse to become WIAA, we should treat it like it is right now so there arn't huge changes when/if it does become WIAA


Last edited by on Tue Jun 05, 2007 10:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.undlacrosse.com
The Butt
Guest



PostSubject: Re: All Conference   Tue Jun 05, 2007 9:41 pm

We are so far away from being WIAA. 30 teams? You've got to be kidding me. As of next year when they almost assuredly move state back to 8 teams, nearly a third of the teams will qualify. It is clear cut keeper, it's another detrimental decision by Green Bay to lacrosse in this state as a whole. Guess what we're a club sport, not governed by WIAA. Green Bay throwing a hissy fit over this would be like Verona throwing a hissy fit over not having some of the Edgewood players from last year on our team because they should go to Verona. No matter what you say, it was a low move, and was a step in the wrong direction for lacrosse in this state, and the fact that you support it, makes you look bad.
Back to top Go down
GBLax
Rookie
Rookie
avatar

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2007-06-04

PostSubject: Re: All Conference   Tue Jun 05, 2007 9:57 pm

i did not mean to make the whole BayValley conference look bad. There are some good teams that look pass the issue. Wausau played us and ND offered, we are trying to get that worked out. But next year when the kids forn SW are gone we are forming a Green Bay Preble/East team. right now only 3 kids dont goto one of those schools. Also DePere will Join the BayValley with us. So I Guess the problem is solved for next year. i am just upset we have to goto Chicago or Mad-town for a game.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SiouxLax
All-Conference
All-Conference
avatar

Number of posts : 830
Age : 29
Location : Grand Forks, ND
Registration date : 2007-05-11

PostSubject: Re: All Conference   Tue Jun 05, 2007 10:12 pm

Dont support it or not, just saying its their rule...so they should follow it. By breaking the rule it seems like they are saying they are better than the leauge and can do their own thing. And since thats how they are acting, thats how they get treated. Is Bay Vally wrong in putting in the rule, prob. But the rule is the rule so they should have to follow it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.undlacrosse.com
JordanEC23
Varsity
Varsity
avatar

Number of posts : 301
Registration date : 2007-05-13

PostSubject: Re: All Conference   Tue Jun 05, 2007 10:25 pm

I believe the reason I and probably Butters and others thing its a sham that the BayVal refused to play them is because the BayVal has ALWAYS whined and complained about tiny things like how good they are compared to madison teams then one of them coming down and getting absolutely romped by Verona and then immediately picking up and leaving, and from what I heard Verona had a bunch of food and things lined up to enjoy with the GB guys. Wausau being shafted through there first couple of starting years by being called "far too physical" and from what I heard being refused to let participate in conference games/tournament their first year. And now things like this happen...I dunno maybe I'm just stingy.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GBLax
Rookie
Rookie
avatar

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2007-06-04

PostSubject: Re: All Conference   Tue Jun 05, 2007 10:42 pm

Quote :
What's the reason they play for metro anyways?

They Did not like the coach at SW. So one kid's mom started the team. thats not the reason i left my family just moved. But to be honest SW coach is kind of a dick. Then he got the other coaches to not let us play then Showing them the rule.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JordanEC23
Varsity
Varsity
avatar

Number of posts : 301
Registration date : 2007-05-13

PostSubject: Re: All Conference   Tue Jun 05, 2007 10:46 pm

GBLax wrote:
Quote :
What's the reason they play for metro anyways?

They Did not like the coach at SW. So one kid's mom started the team. thats not the reason i left my family just moved. But to be honest SW coach is kind of a dick. Then he got the other coaches to not let us play then Showing them the rule.

Well that's lame.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lefty019
JV
JV
avatar

Number of posts : 147
Age : 28
Location : Stoughton
Registration date : 2007-05-13

PostSubject: Re: All Conference   Tue Jun 05, 2007 10:51 pm

yeah that seems dumb where did they get there new coach from then
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GBLax
Rookie
Rookie
avatar

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2007-06-04

PostSubject: Re: All Conference   Tue Jun 05, 2007 11:00 pm

Quote :
yeah that seems dumb where did they get there new coach from then

Canada. he played box
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Butt
Guest



PostSubject: Re: All Conference   Wed Jun 06, 2007 9:11 am

The problem isn't the rule. The problem is the rule to limit non conference games so no one would play metro. And Waunakee is right, Green Bay is the sole reason there isn't an 8 team state, and the main cause in slowing the growth of the sport.
Back to top Go down
Jaron
Admin
avatar

Number of posts : 480
Location : St.Louis / Middleton
Registration date : 2007-05-11

PostSubject: Re: All Conference   Wed Jun 06, 2007 10:22 am

AHSlax21 wrote:
By breaking the rule it seems like they are saying they are better than the leauge and can do their own thing.

Wouldn't the league kind of be saying we're better then you, by not letting them in in the first place, forcing them to "do their own thing."

_________________
"Defenders are no more then temporary writers block that can be solved by halftime.."
UW-Milwaukee Lacrosse / Forum Administrator / Former Attackmen Fontbonne University
Forum Rules / Want to play in College? Read this.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
s1erra 7i2
Rookie
Rookie
avatar

Number of posts : 44
Location : UW-Stout / Menasha
Registration date : 2007-05-13

PostSubject: Re: All Conference   Wed Jun 06, 2007 5:21 pm

Warriorlax23 wrote:
BayVal has ALWAYS whined and complained about tiny things like how good they are compared to madison teams

Amazing. I don't know where you get this from but I ( a player from Menasha) have only ever said that Madison teams have much more skill, nor have I ever heard anyone talk badly about Madison teams.

Its things like you saying we only ever complain that causes problems and conflict between madison and Bayval.

None of us players have say on which teams play in the conference, you want to say it's a problem, say it to someone who can do something about it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JordanEC23
Varsity
Varsity
avatar

Number of posts : 301
Registration date : 2007-05-13

PostSubject: Re: All Conference   Wed Jun 06, 2007 5:23 pm

Well a couple years ago this was the case with at least one team I'm pretty sure, correct me if I'm wrong Butters, but like I said, they said they were awesome then came down got smoked and then basically "ran away". affraid
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Keeper33
JV
JV
avatar

Number of posts : 159
Age : 29
Location : UWEC/Bay Port
Registration date : 2007-05-12

PostSubject: Re: All Conference   Wed Jun 06, 2007 5:26 pm

haha i have wanted to play metro since our coach didn't let us at Brewtown last year when the Middleton team didn't show.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Butt
Guest



PostSubject: Re: All Conference   Wed Jun 06, 2007 5:31 pm

That was like 5 years ago. Notre Dame said they were too good to play us (Verona) then we tricked them in to coming down and we were supposed to play a game and have a friendly bbq. Well they came down, Verona destroyed them, and they ran away without partaking in the bbq. Poor sports to say the least. In reference to allowing who in to the conference and what not, my only problem is when people such as keeper proclaim bay val to be impenetrable to mistakes and that they're doing all they can to grow the game. That's a problem when teams aren't being allowed to play, and it's players who have to speak up because 9 times out of 10 the parents or people in control are clueless. (If you want a long rant on pretty much everyone in power in this state I'd be willing to do it in PM but not on the forum). And anytime I make a reference about bay val being not as physical, well, if you ever play a team, and they stop the game mid way because you "hit too hard." Well then you'll understand.
Back to top Go down
Keeper33
JV
JV
avatar

Number of posts : 159
Age : 29
Location : UWEC/Bay Port
Registration date : 2007-05-12

PostSubject: Re: All Conference   Wed Jun 06, 2007 5:34 pm

The Butters wrote:
That was like 5 years ago. Notre Dame said they were too good to play us (Verona) then we tricked them in to coming down and we were supposed to play a game and have a friendly bbq. Well they came down, Verona destroyed them, and they ran away without partaking in the bbq. Poor sports to say the least. In reference to allowing who in to the conference and what not, my only problem is when people such as keeper proclaim bay val to be impenetrable to mistakes and that they're doing all they can to grow the game. That's a problem when teams aren't being allowed to play, and it's players who have to speak up because 9 times out of 10 the parents or people in control are clueless. (If you want a long rant on pretty much everyone in power in this state I'd be willing to do it in PM but not on the forum). And anytime I make a reference about bay val being not as physical, well, if you ever play a team, and they stop the game mid way because you "hit too hard." Well then you'll understand.

they woulda been like a second maybe 3rd year team then
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: All Conference   

Back to top Go down
 
All Conference
Back to top 
Page 2 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: www.wiscolax.com-
Jump to: